• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

USD

_dementia said:
hey guys what are some good Ken hitconfirms?
Not a Ken player, but off the top of my head:

cr.LK, cr.LP, cr.LP, HP Shoryuken
cr.LK, cr.LP, st.LP, cr.MK xx EX Tatsu

the_log_ride said:
and when AE comes around, you can swap EX tatsu for cr.HK :D
cool.
cus after EX tatsu lands I always feel like I'm at mercy my opponent's mixup, lol
if only it knocked down or something. i shy away from using it unless it will kill.

Kimosabae

Banned
_dementia said:
cool.
cus after EX tatsu lands I always feel like I'm at mercy my opponent's mixup, lol
if only it knocked down or something.
i shy away from using it unless it will kill.

Yup.

Try experimenting with light dp. Saves meter and better wakes.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
NeoUltima said:
SF4 still my main game...just gonna focus on Marvel for a couple weeks. I'll be back. I see Marvel as mainly a fun distraction.

Same. Marvel is fun, but it has nothing on SF.

gotta run that match back Kadey...

who were the rest of the people in the stream? I only knew you and Rice. Netherlands guy was mad laggy for me :(

Mœbius

I'm the guy who Lyte sent a bunch of invites too (Kadey and Floyd too) but was unable to join... guess the connection would be so ass that the SSFIV network god is not even going to allow me in.

I feel like such an outcast.

<walks away, looking back longingly>

pirateben said:
I'm the guy who Lyte sent a bunch of invites too (Kadey and Floyd too) but was unable to join... guess the connection would be so ass that the SSFIV network god is not even going to allow me in.

I feel like such an outcast.

<walks away, looking back longingly>

If Netherlands can get in, I don't understand why you can't

EDIT: And as soon as I submit this, Pirateben shows up.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
God damnit, I've only played mvc for 3h yesterday and I already miss super :(

Kimosabae

Banned
The intimidating idea of learning a new game and its growing pains can get in the way of enjoyment for a lot of people, I think. I find that you really can't judge a game until you're good at it - or a least think you're good at it. There's a synergy you have to achieve - that "click" - and I think the competitive era in fighting games tends to constantly disrupt that, where things develop so quickly, and not everyone has a group of scrubby friends they can play with, that are willing to accept any game they play off the bat for what it is.

Basically, I think a lot of you are coming to premature conclusions regarding what you think like.

Marvel will be a bunch of fun to watch, but honestly I feel the pace is too fast for me to actually play well. Something slower like SF4 or Blazblue works better for my old man reactions.

Kimosabae

Banned
_dementia said:
Marvel will be a bunch of fun to watch, but honestly I feel the pace is too fast for me to actually play well. Something slower like SF4 or Blazblue works better for my old man reactions.

C'mon really?

I truly believe this is a state of mind and is influenced by environment more than people think. You can't be much older than me - if at all. I'm 26.

Kimosabae said:
The intimidating idea of learning a new game and its growing pains can get in the way of enjoyment for a lot of people, I think. I find that you really can't judge a game until you're good at it - or a least think you're good at it. There's a synergy you have to achieve - that "click" - and I think the competitive era in fighting games tends to constantly disrupt that, where things develop so quickly, and not everyone has a group of scrubby friends they can play with, that are willing to accept any game they play off the bat for what it is.

Basically, I think a lot of you are coming to premature conclusions regarding what you think like.

Marvel itself is pretty intimidating.

It isn't a game where you can learn your character's hit confirms and call it a day.

MIMIC

Banned
_dementia said:

MvC3 looks like fun but I never know wtf is going on in those games. lol I remember playing Marvel vs. Capcom a long time ago and just straight up mashing, not actually knowing a single move.

Kimosabae

Banned
DryEyeRelief said:
Marvel itself is pretty intimidating.

I'd only agree it is for those who have never played a game like it. At least, it's not much more than other games like it (if at all).

I find Guilty Gear and VF much more intimidating. Had I my way: we'd all be playing the former.

Edgeward

So I wen to AI yesterday, a real eye-opening experience. The game moves so much faster in arcades and everything changes from timing to just the way the true arcade atmosphere is.

Admittedly, it took a while for me to understand the etiquette for getting in line, the whole putting a quarter down but after that it was smooth sailing in terms of getting good time. I didn't get much lab time as I wanted cause people came to win and I didn't want to lose so not much to report. Also I'm not used to the timing at all, couldn't hit my regular combos, the way I get out wake dp doesn't work either. And my god, I couldn't tech for shit, what I press for online is too early in arcade. And being a console kid and using 3p/k buttons really hurt me, I kept pressing an imaginary button for it. D=

Game just feels more fun I don't know why, maybe the changes to emphasize more offense than shotos or defensive chars, the setting of playin people right next to you instead of online or most probably both. Still though fuck Yun, mostly because I don't understand the moves of his yet, but I hate how he has a Rufus dive kick. He can keep the pressure on real bad. Didn't play on the cab with Oni and E Ryu, the line for that was more active and that's where Tatsu was mostly and I also don't give a shit about them chars. =)

It still fucking sucks to play against Guile and more so DJ, and no meter building at all without tkcs just ramps it up in difficulty since I can't use ex hooligan or SA to get in. Being able to link st HP into something is huge for me, let's me extend the block strings and people seemed to get frame trapped that way.

I beat Tatsu, who was there beasting with Vega. But he was using Seth and I'm not sure if he was playing seriously at the end of the second match. He kept testing me by jumping in, and I got him most times. But yea, he did own me the first time as Seth with the sonic boom, teleport, spd vortex bs I hate.

But then I got beat by a guy who played Ryu with one hand, it was amazing and I got put on blast hard. I had some good win streaks early on, most I got was 8 or 9. But by the end I got wrecked and started doing stupid shit and that's when I knew it was time to call it quits, tired and hungry can makes me 10 times worse than I already am. Still was an cool experience and would love to do it again, but the 4 hour round trip is just murder. Shoutouts to rain and traffic. But got a good 4 hours of AE and spent only 6 bucks there. Sad to see it go, it is a nice hole in the wall to play and would've definitely gone more if I lived closer to it.

There is a round 1 there like a mile away from it, probably will go to that sometime also.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Woah so Marn didn't get paid a cent from EG? He needs UltraDavid to look over any future contracts just to make sure everything's airtight and all the language is clear (not that I'm saying that EG took advantage of loopholes or anything)

Edgeward

Don't most of gaf in so cal not have rides tho? lol I'd be down though.

I forgot to mention the nerf on heavy spiral arrow sucks real bad. Can't FADC from most distances cause it will only hit once unless right close to the opponent.

Rocwell

Aruarian Reflection said:
Woah so Marn didn't get paid a cent from EG? He needs UltraDavid to look over any future contracts just to make sure everything's airtight and all the language is clear (not that I'm saying that EG took advantage of loopholes or anything)
I was under the impression they covered his transportation and entrance fee into events and that was it? I guess it might not even be that though :X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom