• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Corky said:
God damn it...

why is it soooo hard to have an enjoyable time playing randoms on xbl? It's like throwing a dice and getting one of these.

1) Lag, not just any lag but the kind of lag like your inputs are being transmitted to mars, coded by a monkey and then sent back by a paper airplane

2) Get matched up with people with 15k+ BP who leave after 1 loss

3) Meeting players who make the whole ordeal 10x worse, " oh me? No I'm just sitting and turbospamming exsrk while you try that 3x lp blockstring of yours, ops you lagged eat this 400dmg reversal "

4) People who use dan, keep taunting ad naseam, gets bodied yet refuse to leave the lobby or start playing "for real". Why? Why do you do this? You're not winning, you're not doing anything, why do you torment me?

5) Win more than 1 game in a row and get kicked from lobby. God forbid that you actually get to play more than 1 game, because people don't like to lose. If I got the chance to play against someone who is much much better than me I'd go for a hundred losses straight if it meant me getting better during the experience.

6) Won't even find a single game.

I'm soo fucking jealous of us-PSN-gaf. Youz guys seem to have soo much fun :(,
I feel you, but those Dans are not tormenting you... They are giving you an opportunity.

Noooooooooooooo!

Dammit, I was planning on going to there when I was planning to visit NYC next month. At least I visited last time I was there. :(

Kaako

Felium Defensor
EraldoCoil said:
we'll, just got knocked out of an MVC3 tourney.

Finished in 3rd, sorry I couldn't get that fight money for ya'll!
*pat on the back*
You'll get em next time, homeboi.

DR2K said:
MVC3 has a considerably better netcode, just very shitty online options.

I don't think this is true. From playing MCV3 the last week, SSF4 has the better netcode, at least in my situation.

Most every MVC3 match is a lag fest. Never had this amount of problems with SSF4. I am going to mess around with my router, but I don't know why SF (and BB) run good on my connection and MVC3 doesn't.

Xevren

ThatCrazyGuy said:
I don't think this is true. From playing MCV3 the last week, SSF4 has the better netcode, at least in my situation.

Most every MVC3 match is a lag fest. Never had this amount of problems with SSF4. I am going to mess around with my router, but I don't know why SF (and BB) run good on my connection and MVC3 doesn't.

I'm in the same situation. I get crazy input lag if I even try to play online in MvC 3, but had no issues in SSF 4. No idea why, still love the game though.

HiResDes

The damage in Marvel is ridiculous, especially with the addition of X-factor...X-factor is needless, thoughtless, and near broken.

Teknopathetic said:
"Back to my roots. Fuck Mvc 3's cheap play. Ahh Sf how I missed you!"

Are you going to post this in every thread?

At least we don't have to deal with his idiotic posts tn the MvC3 thread anymore. All on you sf4 guys. Have fun.

HiResDes said:
The damage in Marvel is ridiculous, especially with the addition of X-factor...X-factor is needless, thoughtless, and near broken.
Yeah, I agree. Me and my friends were talking about this today. If they got rid of xfactor I think it would be perfect.

I still think it's a great game, and I get they wanted to make it more accessible, but they went a bit over the top. I mean, comebacks are cool and all, but if someone has sent or phoenix as anchor with xfactor and can kill someone in two or three hits then comebacks lose all of that 'wow' that they had.

Today at the mvc3 tournament we were joking around, every time it was a sent vs a team of 3 guys we'd say ' all right, finally the match is starting" blam 5 seconds later its a 1v1.

Solune

DarkoMaledictus said:
Back to my roots. Fuck Mvc 3's cheap play. Ahh Sf how I missed you!

You must be one of those old school players who cried cheap with no throws in SF2. If you dislike the game because it's not for you I guess that's legitimate. Running back to SF4 just means you're a loser that refused to get good at MvC3.

HiResDes

EraldoCoil said:
Yeah, I agree. Me and my friends were talking about this today. If they got rid of xfactor I think it would be perfect.

I still think it's a great game, and I get they wanted to make it more accessible, but they went a bit over the top. I mean, comebacks are cool and all, but if someone has sent or phoenix as anchor with xfactor and can kill someone in two or three hits then comebacks lose all of that 'wow' that they had.

Today at the mvc3 tournament we were joking around, every time it was a sent vs a team of 3 guys we'd say ' all right, finally the match is starting" blam 5 seconds later its a 1v1.

I agree wholeheartedly. I mean when you stop taking chip, start recovering life, and can deal twice the amount of damage by activating it does seem quite excessive. There's plenty of comeback potential in the game just due to the fact that one little mistake can result in massive damage loss.

I still prefer SSF4, but MVC3 is fun. I just hate the lag and the lack of online options.

As for x-factor in that game, If they just took away the damage increase, it would be way better. I am fine with the faster speed and additional properties on moves, but I really dislike the extra damage.

Darkman M

ThatCrazyGuy said:
I still prefer SSF4, but MVC3 is fun. I just hate the lag and the lack of online options.

As for x-factor in that game, If they just took away the damage increase, it would be way better. I am fine with the faster speed and additional properties on moves, but I really dislike the extra damage.

Damage is high, but you have 3 characters to work with instead of one, timeouts are quite frequent in this game so i don't know if lowering the damage output would work. X factor being toned down sounds reasonable though.

Darkman M said:
SF4 players whining about Marvel some more? get over it your precious Street Fighter 4 ain't going no where, so much bitterness.

That's right... it isn't going anywhere. It's here to stay.

Edit: Same with Marvel. They're both good games.

Darkman M said:
Damage is high, but you have 3 characters to work with instead of one, timeouts are quite frequent in this game so i don't know if lowering the damage output would work. X factor being toned down sounds reasonable though.

That's what I mean, just lower or take away the damage increase in X-factor and keep all the other benefits of it.

I am fine with the overall high damage in the game. Lowering it a tad would be cool, but it seems fine (for now, hehe), because everybody can do it.

Watching the Beat by Contest got me excited about SSF4 again. What an amazing tournament game. To this day, no one can agree on the top tier of this game. I think that's a testament to solid game balance. I really hope AE isn't dominated by Yun like we're seeing today.

and for the record, I like MVC3, do i have some issues with it, yes, but SSF4 is my bnb, but there is something about marvel that i just "get". the guys i play with here in cencal are top tier, and just in two weeks playing them has elevated my game so high. Hell, i got third in a tourney today.

i'm not leaving one for the other, they are both something that i'll continue to work on and improve.

EC TOP 8 EVO 2011 AND 2012......BELIEVE!!!!!

marathonfool said:
Watching the Beat by Contest got me excited about SSF4 again. What an amazing tournament game. To this day, no one can agree on the top tier of this game. I think that's a testament to solid game balance. I really hope AE isn't dominated by Yun like we're seeing today.

10 years in the future, I wonder which version of sf4 will be looked upon as the best.

EraldoCoil said:
and for the record, I like MVC3, do i have some issues with it, yes, but SSF4 is my bnb, but there is something about marvel that i just "get". the guys i play with here in cencal are top tier, and just in two weeks playing them has elevated my game so high. Hell, i got third in a tourney today.

i'm not leaving one for the other, they are both something that i'll continue to work on and improve.

EC TOP 8 EVO 2011 AND 2012......BELIEVE!!!!!

And just sometime last year, you semi-retired and hadn't played the game in a while. Now your rolling with Cen Cal's finest. Hopefully you can still the find time to join PSN GAF sometimes if possible.

Rice-Eater said:
And just sometime last year, you semi-retired and hadn't played the game in a while. Now your rolling with Cen Cal's finest. Hopefully you can still the find time to join PSN GAF sometimes if possible.

yeah man, i really needed that break. Coming off of it I was just determined to body people at tournaments, be it in MVC3 or SSF4. And it's been going so well, barely missed top 16 in ssf4 at crossroads, got 3rd today in MVC3. It really reignited my passion for all of this, the community, the games, the places and people are so fucking awesome. I really encourage everyone to get out there and play, play tournaments, play casuals....just play, even one session or tournament will make you a better player.

but real talk, i owe it all to psn gaf, you, floyd, farms, panda, hito, galactic, fucking JOE!!!! ploid, edge, be, roc, neo, log, kiry, gyri, gun, tek, Q, Seph, Gib, sol, darko, tim,.....all of you..... without any of you i'd still be some button mashing scrub. in some way shape or form, you all made me a better player. and i hope that i also helped in making all of you better players as well. Seeing everyone grow from when vanilla first came out has been fucking awesome.

ya'll will forever and always be god-tier in my heart.

Honestly I envy you. I played a friend yesterday, he always kicks my ass and nothing changed. I think I won 1 game in 15 or so games. I feel like I've peaked and can't improve any more as a player. But I still love the game and I'm glad to hear that some of you guys have broken through your walls and have made real progress. Best of luck to you Eraldo.

Rice-Eater said:
Honestly I envy you. I played a friend yesterday, he always kicks my ass and nothing changed. I think I won 1 game in 15 or so games. I feel like I've peaked and can't improve any more as a player. But I still love the game and I'm glad to hear that some of you guys have broken through your walls and have made real progress. Best of luck to you Eraldo.

it's too early to peak, you just hit a plateau. I mean, that was the main reason i quit playing for a bit in the first place. just give it time, ask " why am i losing". look at your matches and try to analyze everything you're doing wrong. you'll break past it.

Axis

Darkman M said:
SF4 players whining about Marvel some more? get over it your precious Street Fighter 4 ain't going no where, so much bitterness.

maybe some just don't like it?

Darkman M said:

there's only so many time outs because it's a new game and people don't know how to maximize damage yet(or haven't broken it yet); xfactor is a stupid game mechanic and mvc3 would be better off without it.

Solune said:
You must be one of those old school players who cried cheap with no throws in SF2. If you dislike the game because it's not for you I guess that's legitimate. Running back to SF4 just means you're a loser that refused to get good at MvC3.

how does running back to sf4 mean he's a loser that refused to get good at a game if he doesn't like the game and/or finds some of the game mechanics unbearable?

DarkoMaledictus said:
Back to my roots. Fuck Mvc 3's cheap play. Ahh Sf how I missed you!

i think you missed posting this in the other 500 threads on gaf, crybaby

Axis said:
there's only so many time outs because it's a new game and people don't know how to maximize damage yet(or haven't broken it yet); xfactor is a stupid game mechanic and mvc3 would be better off without it.

i don't think so, people don't know how to block yet either

Axis said:
how does running back to sf4 mean he's a loser that refused to get good at a game if he doesn't like the game and/or finds some of the game mechanics unbearable?

History in the MvC3 thread.

Darkman M

Axis said:
maybe some just don't like it?

i think you missed posting this in the other 500 threads on gaf, crybaby

That's perfectly fine, but when it's the same people constantly whining in both threads, it just becomes annoying. If you don't like something state your piece and rock on, no need to constantly whine and bring up other fighters constantly.

EraldoCoil said:
it's too early to peak, you just hit a plateau. I mean, that was the main reason i quit playing for a bit in the first place. just give it time, ask " why am i losing". look at your matches and try to analyze everything you're doing wrong. you'll break past it.

I appreciate the kind words, I'll keep trying.

As for the topic of MvC3 and SSF4, I wonder what happens now when it comes to streaming. SF4/SSF4 always had the spotlight because nothing else came close to it. Things have kind of changed now with MvC3 out. I've been looking up some of the tournament results at SRK just to see which game is getting more entrants. It's mixed, but normally SSF4 gets more entrants from what I've seen. Marvel is a new game and could pick up more steam later while Super still has AE in its pocket along with the 2+ years it's been in the spot light alone.

Winter Brawl is coming up next week and will be the first Major featuring MvC3. So far SSF4 leads MvC3 158 to 122 when it comes to pre-registered players. Will the organizers try to split time between both games during pool play or will they focus on one over the other? Maybe Marvel gets more of the spot light because it's the new game and a lot of people are sick of Super. But then Super still has a bigger turnout and a larger fan base at this point, so how can you deny that game?

Me personally I bought MvC3, but it's not my cup of tea. I do enjoy watching it, but SF4 is where my passion is. So of course I hope that game is not shoved aside for the new game. But I also don't want it to hog too much of the spot light since MvC3 has proven itself with the turn outs and great enthusiasm from the community thus far. Hopefully they try to please both sides and give both games plenty of time, or just say fuck it and scream "IT'S MAHVEL BABY".

Darkman M

Rice-Eater said:

As for the topic of MvC3 and SSF4, I wonder what happens now when it comes to streaming. SF4/SSF4 always had the spotlight because nothing else came close to it. Things have kind of changed now with MvC3 out. I've been looking up some of the tournament results at SRK just to see which game is getting more entrants. It's mixed, but normally SSF4 gets more entrants from what I've seen. Marvel is a new game and could pick up more steam later while Super still has AE in its pocket along with the 2+ years it's been in the spot light alone.

Winter Brawl is coming up next week and will be the first Major featuring MvC3. So far SSF4 leads MvC3 158 to 122 when it comes to pre-registered players. Will the organizers try to split time between both games during pool play or will they focus on one over the other? Maybe Marvel gets more of the spot light because it's the new game and a lot of people are sick of Super. But then Super still has a bigger turnout and a larger fan base at this point, so how can you deny that game?

Me personally I bought MvC3, but it's not my cup of tea. I do enjoy watching it, but SF4 is where my passion is. So of course I hope that game is not shoved aside for the new game. But I also don't want it to hog too much of the spot light since MvC3 has proven itself with the turn outs and great enthusiasm from the community thus far. Hopefully they try to please both sides and give both games plenty of time, or just say fuck it and scream "IT'S MAHVEL BABY".

Lol Bro Super and Marvel can and will coexist just like 3rd Strike and Marvel 2 did, it's all good. Sfiv has been around almost 3 years now and is well established, it's pretty amazing Marvel got close to the same amount of pre registers. As for Evo it will be interesting to see which one gets the most stream views. I wish Evo was AE though, seems like most pros stopped playing Super for AE. SSF4 is the most established of the two so it will probably be the main event at evo.

Solune

Axis said:

It's already been posted but previously he attempted the game, didn't find it his cup of tea. That's alright nothing wrong with that.
BUT when you're a newcomer to Marvel and you don't know what to expect and all of a sudden cry "it's too cheap" before even investing a proper amount of time into the game well, you're a loser to be honest. Not gonna beat around the bush.
As I said if you genuinely don't like the game or it's not for you that's ok, but to relegate it to "cheap" it's hilarious because that's the sort of image non-marvel players have of it.

You know what's ironic, the theme song that played before Super SFIV came out
If I recall, the lyrics go

"Oh he's so friggin cheap" and the next part goes "STFU you're free" quite fitting indeed.

Axis

Solune said:
It's already been posted but previously he attempted the game, didn't find it his cup of tea. That's alright nothing wrong with that.
BUT when you're a newcomer to Marvel and you don't know what to expect and all of a sudden cry "it's too cheap" before even investing a proper amount of time into the game well, you're a loser to be honest. Not gonna beat around the bush.
As I said if you genuinely don't like the game or it's not for you that's ok, but to relegate it to "cheap" it's hilarious because that's the sort of image non-marvel players have of it.

You know what's ironic, the theme song that played before Super SFIV came out
If I recall, the lyrics go

"Oh he's so friggin cheap" and the next part goes "STFU you're free" quite fitting indeed.

i'm a newcomer to marvel(probably 3 hours total of mvc2) and i do find a lot of things in the game cheap...it's a fun game, don't get me wrong, but as soon as x-factor sent is activated the game immediately becomes unfun to me; there's definitely fun to be found in its brokenness(just as there was in mvc2, which i absolutely loved playing the little i did)...but this game isn't mvc2, unfortunately.

DryEyeRelief said:
i don't think so, people don't know how to block yet either.

you don't think what? surely people don't know how to block yet but the mixups will only become better and better...combos more and more damaging...it's inevitable

Darkman M said:
Lol Bro Super and Marvel can and will coexist just like 3rd Strike and Marvel 2 did, it's all good. Sfiv has been around almost 3 years now and is well established, it's pretty amazing Marvel got close to the same amount of pre registers. As for Evo it will be interesting to see which one gets the most stream views. I wish Evo was AE though, seems like most pros stopped playing Super for AE. SSF4 is the most established of the two so it will probably be the main event at evo.

Well the problem now is that it's not just about which game is played last, it's about which game gets more stream time. If they start off with Marvel and everybody gets hyped, they may just stick with it and then me and all the SF crybabies will throw a fit. I'm SF for life, so if the split is like 80/20 in favor of Marvel then yeah I'll be sad sad stream monster.

As for Evo, the current plan is that SSF4 will be the main event, but that's not a given. Mr. Wizard said that whichever game got more entrants will be the main event. So it could easily be Marvel is MvC3 hype really catches fire over the coming months. Hell, it could be MK9 if that some how brings out all the casual fans(just saying). So that will be an interesting thing to look forward to.

Darkman M

Axis said:
i'm a newcomer to marvel(probably 3 hours total of mvc2) and i do find a lot of things in the game cheap...it's a fun game, don't get me wrong, but as soon as x-factor sent is activated the game immediately becomes unfun to me; there's definitely fun to be found in its brokenness(just as there was in mvc2, which i absolutely loved playing the little i did)...but this game isn't mvc2, unfortunately.

you don't think what? surely people don't know how to block yet but the mixups will only become better and better...combos more and more damaging...it's inevitable

Actually it's a great thing that this isn't Marvel 2, it's nice to have a game with more then 5 viable characters.
Sentinal isn't all he's hyped up to be, Justin Wong made that very clear, any character with Xfator 3 can body you, Sentinal is easy, but has clear weaknesses.

Rice-Eater said:
Well the problem now is that it's not just about which game is played last, it's about which game gets more stream time. If they start off with Marvel and everybody gets hyped, they may just stick with it and then me and all the SF crybabies will throw a fit. I'm SF for life, so if the split is like 80/20 in favor of Marvel then yeah I'll be sad sad stream monster.

As for Evo, the current plan is that SSF4 will be the main event, but that's not a given. Mr. Wizard said that whichever game got more entrants will be the main event. So it could easily be Marvel is MvC3 hype really catches fire over the coming months. Hell, it could be MK9 if that some how brings out all the casual fans(just saying). So that will be an interesting thing to look forward to.

No way they would just cut out streaming everything else before that would happen. Hopefully we can see most of both, which i imagine will be the case.

Axis said:

well you can't do more than 100% can you?

people will become increasingly more aware of approaches and setups that landing a 'touch of death' combo will be even more crucial to do anything substantial.

Solune

Axis said:

This will be my last post regarding MvC3 here as it's very off topic. Running back to SF4 without even bothering to get good at Marvel and then saying Marvel is too cheap, that means you're weak, you lack resolve, you lack SKILL.
It's just hilarious with how much people were complaining about Sagat and Ultras and all the bullshit when SF4 first came out and people dropped it like flies. And now the same thing with Marvel. And the thing is I knew people would drop Marvel fast because they can't handle it even with lenient inputs.

Here's how the chart goes:

SF2 - Too hard
SF3 - Fuck parries
SF4 - Fuck random/wakeup ultra
Marvel 2 - Fuck only 4 viable characters
Marvel 3 - Fuck XFC Sent

My POINT IS, every game has it's "cheapness". You work around it by investing some time into the game, and LEARN it.

It's ok to run back to SF4 is marvel is too difficult for people though =)

Shito

Rice-Eater said:
I'm SF for life, so if the split is like 80/20 in favor of Marvel then yeah I'll be sad sad stream monster.
MvC3 is not an arcade game, so we'll always have those japanese SSF4 AE streams and tournies, don't worry!

(yeah, I worry too, I too prefer SF4 to MvC3)

Axis

Solune said:
This will be my last post regarding MvC3 here as it's very off topic. Running back to SF4 without even bothering to get good at Marvel and then saying Marvel is too cheap, that means you're weak, you lack resolve, you lack SKILL.
It's just hilarious with how much people were complaining about Sagat and Ultras and all the bullshit when SF4 first came out and people dropped it like flies. And now the same thing with Marvel. And the thing is I knew people would drop Marvel fast because they can't handle it even with lenient inputs.

Here's how the chart goes:

SF2 - Too hard
SF3 - Fuck parries
SF4 - Fuck random/wakeup ultra
Marvel 2 - Fuck only 4 viable characters
Marvel 3 - Fuck XFC Sent

My POINT IS, every game has it's "cheapness". You work around it by investing some time into the game, and LEARN it.

It's ok to run back to SF4 is marvel is too difficult for people though =)

marvel is difficult? lol

i'm not arguing with you on the cheapness point; i'm simply saying that x factor really makes me NOT like the game as much as i COULD HAVE. the game's fun, i'll still play it casually but it's just not "for me"...at least until final round is over with and i can spend an extended period of time with it...gotta brush up on those ssf4 matchups.

and lack of skill? i hope that wasn't directed to me :/

Darkman M said:
Actually it's a great thing that this isn't Marvel 2, it's nice to have a game with more then 5 viable characters.
Sentinal isn't all he's hyped up to be, Justin Wong made that very clear, any character with Xfator 3 can body you, Sentinal is easy, but has clear weaknesses.

using justin wong as an example doesn't really work...he's far and away the best player in the US...i agree with marvel 2's lack of viable chars, altho i think there's more than 5

edit: sorry to derail thread, just wanted to respond to what was being said; carry on

hitsugi

You can't expect all SF fans to enjoy Marvel... it just doesn't work that way; they are completely different games in every possible way.

I personally go back and forth between which style I enjoy more (and even today still go back for 3s / ST action) but for some it might just be too chaotic or not their style of game.

However - calling things 'cheap' is never good and actually displays poor sportsmanship. Look at MVC2 - a game where knowing when to take the right hit instead of blocking is actually a STRATEGY to get you out of further trouble, or where it's possible to demolish a character as they come in without them even hitting the ground. Could you imagine trying to explain that to someone that simply didn't understand the game?

Now MVC3 is what.. 2 weeks old? Not counting the 8+ months of development play that it went through.. people have not seen a THING with this game yet. What's being displayed right now is the equivalent of a time in MVC2 when people first discovered multiple hypergrav xx tempest combos or AHVB x3 and thought the game was done.

If the game's not your style - so be it, but there has to be a more constructive way of expressing that.

hitsugi

Not directed at you, but merely directed at those that would dismiss the game / series and the tactics involved at being good at them as 'cheap'

I liked TvC so I'll probably like MvC3.
I'm going to miss megacrash though. Both in it's utility for breaking out of combos that will kill you, as well as baiting it out of your opponent for resets.

EraldoCoil said:
yeah man, i really needed that break. Coming off of it I was just determined to body people at tournaments, be it in MVC3 or SSF4. And it's been going so well, barely missed top 16 in ssf4 at crossroads, got 3rd today in MVC3. It really reignited my passion for all of this, the community, the games, the places and people are so fucking awesome. I really encourage everyone to get out there and play, play tournaments, play casuals....just play, even one session or tournament will make you a better player.

but real talk, i owe it all to psn gaf, you, floyd, farms, panda, hito, galactic, fucking JOE!!!! ploid, edge, be, roc, neo, log, kiry, gyri, gun, tek, Q, Seph, Gib, sol, darko, tim,.....all of you..... without any of you i'd still be some button mashing scrub. in some way shape or form, you all made me a better player. and i hope that i also helped in making all of you better players as well. Seeing everyone grow from when vanilla first came out has been fucking awesome.

ya'll will forever and always be god-tier in my heart.

<3 This post.

I suck at mvc3, but I will get better. Nothing warms my heart more than killing someone with multiple Dormy Catastrophes.

corrosivefrost said:
I don't remember 1-frame links in SSF2T. Only jump cancel into special cancel or super cancel for the most part...

God, I'd kill to be able to turn on SRK shortcuts for that fuckin Spidey mission.

haha I know which one you're talking about... keep at it man. this is a good thing

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I can't wait to purchase MvC3, I think I'm going to love it... but I'll never stop loving SSFIV.

... I also learned playing SFIV this weekend, that I've totally bottomed out at that game. I don't know if I've ever gotten better at that game since the day I started playing it. I still have A LOT of fun though. But it's kinda furstrating, I think I understand a lot about the game, and if I had some real players who I could play with and help me get better (in real life, not online) then I think I could grow.

As it is, I really don't care. I have tons of other things in my life to concern myself with other than reaching the "next height" of playing SFIV. I think I'm happy being a bottom tier <1000 PP online scrub at the game. I have a lot of fun when I'm playing other players who are at my level, and say what you want about online, but it does a great job I think in matching up players are similar skill levels.

Cicada

Neo Member
Rice-Eater said:

i think MvC3 has the potential to become bigger than SF4 since it seems like it appeals to a larger audience. I was never really a marvel fan, and I never played any of the marvel games (i was playing CvS2 around the MvC2 era), but i'm having fun with MvC3. As more people pick up the game, and (hopefully) decide to stick with it and get better, I think it just might be bigger than SF4 is/was.

only ibuki and makoto 24 to go before platinum
god damn why are these so hard T_T

ibukis is random because i did the sjc on vipers and just mashed it out and it did ok. Everytime i do ibukis i get an ex dp. I checked my inputs in training and they are obviously ass, but no matter how i try it never works.

Makotos im using the hold kick before input trick, but i never seem to be able to get the light punch going. HNNGGG

hitsugi

You're not alone.. For whatever reason, Ibuki's SJC trial was a severe bitch for me, and that's coming from someone that has absolutely no problem doing viper's standard stuff in regular matches.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I don't think MvC3 is gonna be as big as SF4 on a competitive level. I think there's a pretty decent chance it'll do better on a commercial level though. But it's still way early so anything could happen.

If SF4 isn't the main event at Evo it won't bother me too much. It'll still be streamed and it'll still be hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom