• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

USD

Sako as drawn by Tonpy:

pHRhE.jpg

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Threi said:
My thoughts exactly. It's kind of why i'm not looking too forward to it, if it is a disc release i don't know if i'm going to buy it.

Even worse is people who are all for it, like "yeah nerf all of them to hell the game is too defensive waaaaah" when offense was already a viable strat. Well I hope you enjoy all of the Yun, Yang, Fei-Long and Makoto.

Can't say I'm going to enjoy it if those two really are imbalanced in the end...

El Sloth

Banned
Threi said:
agreed.

You could slap on the entire Samurai Champloo soundtrack, it's still good, even today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzixFG2uK1k
cHaotix8 said:
A lot of Nujabes tracks make for good fighting game music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrz3VOMH8y4
This be the truth right here. Regularly have a Nujabes track in the background when playing some ranked online.

I also like to rock with some Epic Sax Guy every now and then. I get really focused for some reason when I have this playing in the background.

Beware: Video is strangely hypnotic and may wast several minutes of your life.
black_vegeta said:
Update on the ChinaTown Fair situation:

Source
Thanks for posting this, dude! I don't want them to lose their place on Mott Street, but I wouldn't complain if they came to Brooklyn. Would make way easier for me to go there on a more regular basis.

XenoRaven

Threi said:
My thoughts exactly. It's kind of why i'm not looking too forward to it, if it is a disc release i don't know if i'm going to buy it.

Even worse is people who are all for it, like "yeah nerf all of them to hell the game is too defensive waaaaah" when offense was already a viable strat. Well I hope you enjoy all of the Yun, Yang, Fei-Long and Makoto.
But those are cool unique awesome characters that everyone likes and that no one could ever possibly get sick of ever even after seeing at least one of them in every match in every tournament from now until forever.

the_log_ride said:
Welcome to the club, and congrats. Prepare to do it all over again with AE

Oh God please no...

i refuse
i literally will not buy ae if it has challenges again. I have goals and dreams in life!
That being said, my increased knowledge of the game has made formerly difficult trials pretty elementary. Feurte and Adons crazy links into super were actually pretty easy this time around, so i am not too terrible intimidated. Its just a pain T_T

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hitokage said:
Stop bitching already.

But bitching is what TTOB does best. ;)

Onion_Relish said:
double ssf4 platinums
haters gonna hate

You'll never get Platinum due to shit netcode in Ranked/Endless and stupid challenges with shitty link requirements. *sadfrog.jpg*

TheSeks said:
You'll never get Platinum due to shit netcode in Ranked/Endless and stupid challenges with shitty link requirements. *sadfrog.jpg*

You mean "i'll" i presume?

the real shitty thing about the trials is the ones that are simply not worth doing. Its one thing to be impractical, but if the trial will never EVER be done and you have to do it simply to show you can, its a fucking bad design choice.

Probably the best 2 examples i can think of are guile 20 and rufus 23. Guile 20 makes you throw a sonic boom, even though you can make the combo infinitely easier by just going jab jab strong flash kick cancel. Rufus 23 makes you do a bunch of links just so you can hit an ex tornado, presumably into ultra. Instead of doing that shit though, you can do better, safer damage by just jumping heavy punch into punch xx tornado ultra, or even just do rufus 24 which has the kick links which are much easier and safer.

Adons full screen jaguar into jab strong super is hard, but if you can hit that, youre not only doing massive damage, but youre also probably mind fucking a weaker player. It's also something that can be reliably done with very little training as opposed to the aforementioned trials

TheSeks

the_log_ride said:
But... didn't he already get it? mknightshyamalan.jpg

I'm talking about myself. Platinum will be impossible for me. Doing LP LP QCBLP/CU into Last Dread Dust is annoying at times.

"NO I DIDN'T WANT TO 'RANDOM ULTRA!' I WANTED A WALL! D:"

Also mashing fast/slow Chun-Li's Standing MP/Standing MP link is annoying. Even if I press forward and slow/fast and time the punch her MP pushes her back to where Dan will always block. It's like "WTF was Ono thinking? :|"

Not to mention the FADC challenges which are just WHOOSH for me.

Don't forget Ryu's st.MP FADC st.MP FADC st.MP xx SRK or the Ken one...

It takes a bit of effort to pick out the useful stuff from all the crap, but I had fun trying to complete all these challenges. It felt a bit masochistic at times, but that just speaks to my personality at times, ha.

The challenges in MvC3 are considerably easier than SSF4's, but are pretty damn fun

On a side note... MvC3's got my shitty SSF4 viper all sorts of messed up :\

TheSeks

If Marvel 3's are easier, maybe I'll have a chance of platinuming it. It seems like it's BB:CS's level of hardness (just in BB's case they have stupid grind to level 50 in online... *sigh*) of achievements.

But man, SSF4's challenges aren't pratical and they're annoying and stupid hard to do. I thought BB's were bad but those just require good execution and remembering the combo order (at least, that's what it seems like) here you have to be lucky to pull off the 1-frame link that Trollno wants. :|

@TheSeks You playing on pad or stick?

From your description, BB's challenges sound a lot like MvC3's. I'd tell you to stick with the ones for SSF4, but I understand that they're not everyone's cup o' tea. Plinking / double-tapping does help with those 1-framers, as well as adding extra moves to complete the combo. Ex: instead of ryu's st.MP FADC st.MP FADC, you can cancel each st.MP into a fireball to make the timing a little looser.

fake edit: I just now remember that you said FADC was difficult for you

edit2: there is no way i can string together a 5 game win streak in ranked :(

HiResDes

Some frame links are extremely wonky in SSFIV...I can do cr.mp, cr.mp, axe kick almost every time which is a 1 frame link...But I can't do cr.lk, cr.lk, cr. lk, axe kick for the life of me even though it is supposedly a 2 frame link.

Satyamdas

Banned
Onion_Relish said:
the real shitty thing about the trials is the ones that are simply not worth doing. Its one thing to be impractical, but if the trial will never EVER be done and you have to do it simply to show you can, its a fucking bad design choice.

Probably the best 2 examples i can think of are guile 20 and rufus 23. Guile 20 makes you throw a sonic boom, even though you can make the combo infinitely easier by just going jab jab strong flash kick cancel.

TheSeks said:
But man, SSF4's challenges aren't pratical and they're annoying and stupid hard to do. I thought BB's were bad but those just require good execution and remembering the combo order (at least, that's what it seems like) here you have to be lucky to pull off the 1-frame link that Trollno wants. :|
I don't remember anyone from Capcom or anywhere in the game saying that every trial is supposed to be "practical". And almost every character's BnB combos are in the trials along with more simple and more difficult ones, so they do have practicality covered. I've seen Guile's #20 done in a match plenty of times, so what you call too hard and impractical isn't necessarily so to another player.

I just think people get way too hung up on the difficult trials and their unlikely usage in a match. The reason the trials are there is not to tell you "You must do these combos in a match", but to acclimate a player to the timing of links and to help build muscle memory. To this day I can't do Abel's #24, but it doesn't bother me that the game included it, because it reminds me that my execution still needs work. There are people who can do that trial with their eyes closed or with one hand and I've seen it done in matches as well, so who am I to say it's too hard or impractical?

Now, that's not to say the trial mode is perfect. Things like Fuerte's RSF trial gives no clue as to how it should be done, and trials where Juri's U1 need to be activated don't mention that either. In MvC3 they tell you if a combo is corner or mid screen only, but of course you have to pause and scroll down to see the entire combo and you can't view the motions while doing the mission. It seems Capcom is just totally incapable of making a thoroughly fleshed out and helpful trial mode.

It just seems to me like focusing on the "practicality" of the more difficult trials is missing the point of them. As far as building muscle memory and getting a player used to the timing of links in the game they serve their purpose well enough. I just wish they'd at least include a demo of the combo being performed so people would be able to see what they're doing wrong, or if a combo is corner only or whatever. It doesn't seem like including that should be much trouble at all.

TheSeks said:
If Marvel 3's are easier, maybe I'll have a chance of platinuming it. It seems like it's BB:CS's level of hardness (just in BB's case they have stupid grind to level 50 in online... *sigh*) of achievements.

I kind of enjoyed the difficulty of the trials. In SF4, they made it inaccessible because you had to do them in one order. With SSF4, there's more trials available and you're not forced to do them in a linear fashion.

I never thought the challenges were a tutorial. It was more for practice and fun. Whenever I got bored of matches, I took some time to complete some trials. It took me months to finish, but the sense of satisfaction is tremendous.

Fuerte's SF4 Hard Trial 5 was some fucked up troll shit.

Fierce Punch
Fierce Punch
Fierce Punch

What. The fuck.
Seriously how would anyone know they'd have to run cancel it to make it work?

Satyamdas said:
I don't remember anyone from Capcom or anywhere in the game saying that every trial is supposed to be "practical". And almost every character's BnB combos are in the trials along with more simple and more difficult ones, so they do have practicality covered. I've seen Guile's #20 done in a match plenty of times, so what you call too hard and impractical isn't necessarily so to another player.

as i said though, why do that when you can do the flash kick shortcut cancel into double flash? I dont even think it does more damage, although i never tested (and never will)

also, just curious, but do you have a video of someone actually doing guile 20 in a match? and not just stylin on someone like lamerboi, preferably a tournament match.

I've been watching street fighter matches and streams for what, 2 years now? and i've never once seen it.

_dementia said:
Fuerte's SF4 Hard Trial 5 was some fucked up troll shit.

Fierce Punch
Fierce Punch
Fierce Punch

What. The fuck.
Seriously how would anyone know they'd have to run cancel it to make it work?

also, it wasnt until about a week ago that i knew you could ex run cancel!
It makes elf 24 really easy due to closing the space more quickly.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Would you guys buy a Street Fighter 5 built on MT Framework that was pretty similar to SF4 roster and gameplay wise? ie: updated graphics with a few new additions.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
me too. lol. >_>

though, id love a Sf5 that was more like 3rd Strike with a ton of new characters and only a few familiar faces tho I know that will never happen.

Satyamdas

Banned
Onion_Relish said:
as i said though, why do that when you can do the flash kick shortcut cancel into double flash? I dont even think it does more damage, although i never tested (and never will)

also, just curious, but do you have a video of someone actually doing guile 20 in a match? and not just stylin on someone like lamerboi, preferably a tournament match.

I've been watching street fighter matches and streams for what, 2 years now? and i've never once seen it.
1. Yes it does more damage. Of course that damage is negligible. Again, the game never says that the combos in trial mode are always max damage or necessary to use in matches. They are there for showing what is possible within the game engine and to get a player used to the timing.

2. What does being in a tournament have to do with anything? Combos only count if you are in a tournament setting now? I don't keep track of when I see shit like that but I've seen ModInside, Die, Rebelo, and Lamer do it plenty of times. The reason you don't see it often is because it's not a practical use of meter, even without the sonic boom. But that doesn't mean it's not worth including in the trial mode, so that players can learn the timing for it and know that it is another option at their disposal.

haunts said:
me too. lol. >_>

though, id love a Sf5 that was more like 3rd Strike with a ton of new characters and only a few familiar faces tho I know that will never happen.
But 3rd strike only had 4 new characters.

TheSeks

haunts said:
Would you guys buy a Street Fighter 5 built on MT Framework that was pretty similar to SF4 roster and gameplay wise? ie: updated graphics with a few new additions.

No, I'd wait for Super Street 5 Turbo HD Championship Off the Wall E-XXX-TREME WE PROMISE IT'S THE LAST REVISION. PROMISE! *fingers crossed behind back* edition.

Log Ride said:
@TheSeks You playing on pad or stick?

Pad/DS3.

FADC is just something that goes over my head, too advanced for me.

I just think people get way too hung up on the difficult trials and their unlikely usage in a match. The reason the trials are there is not to tell you "You must do these combos in a match", but to acclimate a player to the timing of links and to help build muscle memory.

Then they're very very poor for doing that. Because who is honestly (unless you're Diago/Tournament level) going to pull a c.LP, QCFMP/HADOKEN, FADC j.HK, DP/SHORYUKEN! off unless you're trying to showboat?

The trials are poor, man. The difficulty of the 1-frame links in them on controllers not withstanding, half the combos they want just aren't practical in normal online play (possible offline as well).

TheSeks said:
No, I'd wait for Super Street 5 Turbo HD Championship Off the Wall E-XXX-TREME WE PROMISE IT'S THE LAST REVISION. PROMISE! *fingers crossed behind back* edition.

Pad/DS3.

FADC is just something that goes over my head, too advanced for me.

Then they're very very poor for doing that. Because who is honestly (unless you're Diago/Tournament level) going to pull a c.LP, QCFMP/HADOKEN, FADC j.HK, DP/SHORYUKEN! off unless you're trying to showboat?

The trials are poor, man. The difficulty of the 1-frame links in them on controllers not withstanding, half the combos they want just aren't practical in normal online play (possible offline as well).

That would be so gangster if, after an FADC, you had enough time to jump and start another string...

@Haunts: Hell yeah I would buy SF5

TheSeks

the_log_ride said:
That would be so gangster if, after an FADC, you had enough time to jump and start another string...

I know that isn't possible, but what I mean is some of them are just crazy stupid. I'd have to boot up SSF4 to find some of them. But yeah, there is some poorly thought out strings in challenge mode for the characters.

zlatko said:
Most of pro SF Gaf is on a fight stick I'd wager. Really though the controller/stick doesn't make the player. If you can pull off what you want to execute with your character on your controller 99% of the time then you're fine.

Challenges are a good way to up your execution somewhat, but keep in mind a lot of those combos in there aren't practical in a fight.

If you want to get good accept and let it wash over you that you will lose a lot. Do not let it discourage you and really use every single loss as a moment to reflect on okay what worked and what didn't that fight----and why.

A good focus early on is the basics. When to block, what moves you have to stop someone from jumping, your good pokes, simple combos, and learning what your opponent is capable of. The fundamentals can take you really far in this game, more so than being able to hit a 1 frame link combo----a lot of good that'll do if you can't get an opening/set up for it or get demolished the rest of the time.

As long as you are willing to take losses you can learn more from the game. Want to improve your defense? Spend an entire fight doing nothing but blocking and teching throw attempts. Don't even worry about the fact you'll lose, but just see how long you can endure. Get hit by a shoryuken when you jumped in which lead to your loss? Don't jump once for the next 3 games, if you do 3 more games.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but things like that helped me be more comfortable in fights in various situations. Start small and work your way up.

Mainly got into the Challenges just to get a feel for the actual controls/combos, try to wean myself off my predisposition for button mashing. I've primarily used Ken at this stage because he's probably my most used character and the only character I don't button mash with (as much anyway).

Got no problem losing, did plenty of it in SFIV, but got to the point where I felt like I was learning nothing as a result of not knowing how to counter moves, or not being able to figure out how other Ken's were doing flash stuff when I couldn't etc..

Thanks for all those tips. Much appreciated. Looks like I'll jump back into the random online stuff again just to get a feel of what you're saying.

pirateben said:
Welcome! :)

Most here use stick I believe, but I'm sure there are a few pad warriors too. Try a stick by all means if you never have before (probably best to borrow one if possible before investing on a decent stick) - you could find it improves your game, but then again it may not. Ultimately just go with what feels comfortable for you.

My tip is pick one character and focus on him/her. Go through all the trials and spend time in training mode perfecting your basic 'bread and butter' combos. After that see if you can get a friend to play you locally (if not in person then someone who is close enough that the online connection will be good) and ideally someone who maybe has a bit more experience than you and willing to use lots of different characters against you (so you can learn the match ups). Trying to get those combos in a real game against a live opponent, while trying to remember basic things like blocking, spacing, and anti-airs, is overwhelming at first so just concentrate on the basic control of space when you start playing against others, rather than on flashy combos and lots of them. And don't just hit buttons for the hell of hit. If unsure, wait and defend. Go for guaranteed damage, basic combos at the most when you see an opening.

Finally, join PSN* SSFIV gafchat (add one of the regulars like the_log_ride or EraldoCoil and they'll invite you) and get some games in - it's all fun. There's no secret other than to play against real people a lot.

* There are peeps here on XBL too if you don't have a PS3, though not as many from what I know.

Good luck.

Thanks!

I've settled with Ken as I say above, mainly because I know the basics of his move list, know the Supers and Ultras etc. I'm less inclined to mash my way through panic when using him anyway.

I have a friend and girlfriend who play locally, but both lack experience (even button mashing I can generally win) so I really need to jump online, or find some match ups here where I know I'll get my arse handed to me (and hopefully learn some stuff).

Will join in on that PSN chat - not sure how I work out in the time zones compared to the rest of you, but I generally try and get some gaming in most afternoons, so I'll check it out.

Thanks again for all the help.

Imm0rt4l

Professor Beef said:
Is anyone up for some SSFIV on PS3 at the moment?

"ProfessorBeef" on PSN.
I can't play today, but if you aren't already in PSN GAFchat, then add me so I can send you an invite to it. Players are mostly on in the evenings, though I'm sure it's been split with mvc3 out now.
GODHAND04

Satyamdas

Banned
TheSeks said:
I know that isn't possible, but what I mean is some of them are just crazy stupid. I'd have to boot up SSF4 to find some of them. But yeah, there is some poorly thought out strings in challenge mode for the characters.
Can you point to one character who's actual, practical, useful BnB is not included in their trials??

I fail to see how the inclusion of harder trials negates or diminishes the inclusion of simpler, more practical ones. There is no shortage of people who can 100% trial mode who are not Daigo or interested in showboating. I don't understand your insistence on this dichotomy, to be honest. If a trial is too hard for you, don't do it. If you're an achievement whore, try harder. Pretty simple, really.

Imm0rt4l said:
I can't play today, but if you aren't already in PSN GAFchat, then add me so I can send you an invite to it. Players are mostly on in the evenings, though I'm sure it's been split with mvc3 out now.
GODHAND04
At night, eh? Alright.

I already got an invite to GAFchat too.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Some of the trials are silly, but frequently it could be considered a cross-pollination of skills. Chun-Li has some FADC trials that she'll never use, but start playing another character and FADCs may become mandatory.

Satyamdas

Banned
No wai, man! Nothing less than a new Vampire game will do! I need my Anakaris, Squatch, Aulbath, Jedah, etc. Not to mention a bunch of new characters!

J. Trollbain (the cheap ass wolf char) can fuck off and go DIAF, though. ^_^

Hitokage said:
Some of the trials are silly, but frequently it could be considered a cross-pollination of skills. Chun-Li has some FADC trials that she'll never use, but start playing another character and FADCs may become mandatory.
That's all I was saying. I don't think Capcom intended the trials for each character's trials to be interpreted as "You must use these and only these combos during matches", but more as an exercise in learning the rhythm of button timings and stringing together various motions.

If the game only included practical BnB's for each character the trial mode would be ridiculously short and unfulfilling. I would understand if they didn't include BnB's and only the impractical and silly combos, but that isn't the case. Every character's BnB's are there.

Imm0rt4l

I don't know about you guys, but I do ryu's st. cl. mp FADC cl. mp ALL THE TIME.
Professor Beef said:
At night, eh? Alright.

I already got an invite to GAFchat too.
oh ok, yea most of psn gaf is on in the evenings, but mvc3 is still new and shiny so it's not going to be as many people.

haunts said:

Yes. I want more new characters though.

I hope they do a new darkstalkers with MT framework.

Wiseblade

Satyamdas said:
Can you point to one character who's actual, practical, useful BnB is not included in their trials??

I fail to see how the inclusion of harder trials negates or diminishes the inclusion of simpler, more practical ones. There is no shortage of people who can 100% trial mode who are not Daigo or interested in showboating. I don't understand your insistence on this dichotomy, to be honest. If a trial is too hard for you, don't do it. If you're an achievement whore, try harder. Pretty simple, really.
I'd agree with this if the more practical combos were always the earliest ones. Fuerte's RSF (the only thing from his trials that's really useful) is his last trial; I never even got to do it in vanilla since I couldn't get past his 4th hard Trial. At least then it would be easy to put "this is a basic practical combo" and "try this for a challenge" as flavour text on the menu.

Satyamdas

Banned
Wiseblade said:
I'd agree with this if the more practical combos were always the earliest ones. Fuerte's RSF (the only thing from his trials that's really useful) is his last trial; I never even got to do it in vanilla since I couldn't get past his 4th hard Trial. At least then it would be easy to put "this is a basic practical combo" and "try this for a challenge" as flavour text on the menu.
Well they fixed that in Super, at least, by allowing you to do any trial at any time.

But I agree, Capcom has shown an uncanny knack for fucking up simple shit in every trial mode whether it's SF4, SSF4, or MvC3. Not to mention their numerous online screw ups. It can't be overstated that for as great as they are at crafting the core game itself, they are equally inept when it comes to almost anything outside of it (trials, online, UI, etc.).

EC back to bitch about lag again.

Bitch bitch bitch......online blows......bitch bitch bitch......im only plying offline from here on out......bitch bitch bitch.....should have never even tried to play online again....bitch bitch bitch.

/end bitch.

Satyamdas said:
2. What does being in a tournament have to do with anything? Combos only count if you are in a tournament setting now? I don't keep track of when I see shit like that but I've seen ModInside, Die, Rebelo, and Lamer do it plenty of times. The reason you don't see it often is because it's not a practical use of meter, even without the sonic boom. But that doesn't mean it's not worth including in the trial mode, so that players can learn the timing for it and know that it is another option at their disposal.

I was implying no such thing. My point was that that specific trial serves no real purpose if it doesnt do more damage or adds range or priority or whatever. If lamerboi is stylin on someone, thats fine. But would he use it in a more competitive environment? would he take the risk to do that move, over another, much more easily hit confirmable combo?

There is a big difference for example between guile 20 and say, honda 21 (i think thats it)
cr. lk cr. lk cr.lk cr. jab into super. The combo is pretty difficult and very situational, but it is the kind of trial that I think best exemplifies what trial mode is. It gives you a tool that you can always keep in your back pocket for a couple of different situations against quite a few characters. It isnt something that you will see very often, mainly because if youre a good honda chances are you can hand-monster and do it, or do the difficult one frame link into more hands into super. That being said, if you find yourself in that situation and your skill is good enough, you can level a tremendous attack at your opponent.

There are some combos that may not do as much damage as others, and thats fine. Sometimes you dont need to do 800 damage, sometimes you only need enough to win. However, I would still argue that there are quite a few combos that simply serve no tactical purpose. Rufus 23 and guile 20 are two of those. At least the ken shoryu fadc shoryu fadc shoryu moves your opponent across the screen, or can be used in wake up pressure to escape the corner or really throw your opponent off. It's use is questionable, but it HAS A USE other than simply existing.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Kadey said:
Haggar's theme from MVC3 walks all over Cody's. I think I'm going to play the hell out of it on the stream.
nooooooo

Satyamdas

Banned
Onion_Relish said:
I was implying no such thing. My point was that that specific trial serves no real purpose if it doesnt do more damage or adds range or priority or whatever. If lamerboi is stylin on someone, thats fine. But would he use it in a more competitive environment? would he take the risk to do that move, over another, much more easily hit confirmable combo?

There is a big difference for example between guile 20 and say, honda 21 (i think thats it)
cr. lk cr. lk cr.lk cr. jab into super. The combo is pretty difficult and very situational, but it is the kind of trial that I think best exemplifies what trial mode is. It gives you a tool that you can always keep in your back pocket for a couple of different situations against quite a few characters. It isnt something that you will see very often, mainly because if youre a good honda chances are you can hand-monster and do it, or do the difficult one frame link into more hands into super. That being said, if you find yourself in that situation and your skill is good enough, you can level a tremendous attack at your opponent.

There are some combos that may not do as much damage as others, and thats fine. Sometimes you dont need to do 800 damage, sometimes you only need enough to win. However, I would still argue that there are quite a few combos that simply serve no tactical purpose. Rufus 23 and guile 20 are two of those. At least the ken shoryu fadc shoryu fadc shoryu moves your opponent across the screen, or can be used in wake up pressure to escape the corner or really throw your opponent off. It's use is questionable, but it HAS A USE other than simply existing.
You're still looking at the trials as existing for the sole purpose of being used in matches, when this implication is nowhere to be found in the game or elsewhere. Where is it explicitly stated or even implied that the trial mode combos are max damage or are necessary for use while fighting? And what is the big deal with hard or impractical combos in addition to each character's BnB combos, which are ALL included? How does some silly combo detract from anything? Too hard? Don't do it. Impractical? Don't do it in a match.

You won't get any argument from me that those specific trials are impractical in a match, but they DO serve a purpose in showing what is possible within the game engine and to get players used to the link timing in the game. How challenging would the mode be if they only included practical, BnB combos? People would breeze through that shit in 10 minutes flat. I'd understand the criticism if practical BnB combos were excluded at the cost of the hard and impractical ones, but that isn't the case. Every single character's BnB's are included in their trials, so I just don't get what the harm is in having some challenging (even if useless in match) combos included?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom