• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dibbz

Hey guys I'm looking for a really cheap PS3 fighting stick. I was browsing GAME's website and they had this for £20 SF4 Fightstick when it's going for like £70 everywhere else. Thing is it's sold out so I'm kinda late on that.

Are there any other good sticks out there that are cheap? I'm talking £20 mark since I only play occasionally.

Dibbz said:
Hey guys I'm looking for a really cheap PS3 fighting stick. I was browsing GAME's website and they had this for £20 SF4 Fightstick when it's going for like £70 everywhere else. Thing is it's sold out so I'm kinda late on that.

Are there any other good sticks out there that are cheap? I'm talking £20 mark since I only play occasionally.
That's the best you'll get for under $100

Dibbz

_dementia said:
That's the best you'll get for under $100
Yeah but are there any other generic sticks that are fairly decent for around that price? There is this HORI fight stick and this Logic 3 stick for around £20 but I have no idea if they are any good.

What makes the official SF4 sticks that much better? Will I as a casual SF4 player even feel a difference?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dibbz said:
What makes the official SF4 sticks that much better? Will I as a casual SF4 player even feel a difference?

MadCatz TE2's are reliable according to word on the street. Less opening/closing the stick and guts to replace parts.

If you're a casual player and you think $100 is expensive, just play with a pad, honestly.

Dibbz

So those generic sticks like that Logic one will just fall apart on me?

Why are they all so damn expensive? They're all just gigantic pads with gigantic buttons right?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The rule of thumb is "you get what you pay for."

I haven't really heard of the Lgoic sticks so I'd avoid it. Hori is a mixed bag leaning toward quality, but their cheaper stick are kinda bad I hear.

Seriously: Just go Mad Catz TE2 or stick to the DS3. It's not like playing with the DS3 is gonna gimp you in any serious way.

galvan

Neo Member
USD said:
About two weeks old, but haven't seen this posted. Apparently Hsien Chang was in Taiwan. For the Gamerbee videos, three parts, but two matches:

Wow, Looks like hsien didn't respect gamerbee's wakeup game lol.

This thread is pretty slow so I may as well post my excellent adventures of having my VLX modded. So I found a modder who lives an hour away from me. I have today off so I asked if we could meet on this day, he said yes. Unfortunately nobody can go with me so I had to go alone. So here are the notes

-Took me 1 hour and 15 minutes to get there
-He thought I came to drop it off and go back home, I thought he knew I wanted to wait for him to finish it and take it home the same day
-I asked if it was going to be close to 2-3 hours, he said sure
-I waited over 5 hours and wandered around the mall and then spent the last 3 hours reading stuff at Barnes and Nobles
-He finally tells me he's finished, but the Xbox guide button doesn't work, I said fine I need to go home
-I test it out, it works fine on Xbox except Guide doesn't work anymore. On PS3 it seems good at first, but then I realized all the buttons are all over the place, I think he fucked up and now I have to use a really strange custom setting
-I payed $70 for his services

So basically it works, but I wished I had never done it. I think I should have waited for a more experienced and better modder. It was partly my fault because I didn't give him the kind of time that I assume that he's use to. As for the modder, he seems like a cool guy, but not very social. He didn't try to talk to me at all, definitely didn't want me around his place, and didn't even ask me to refer him.

I can live with it for now but I hope I can find another modder to fix the problems my VLX currently has or do it all over again from scratch.

XenoRaven

It's not even so much that people are dropping her/quitting the game anymore. I've already resigned myself to barely (if ever) seeing good Chun play in tournies again. It's the assholes that still insist she's "top tier." Fuck you guys.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
MIMIC said:
IIRC, it's:

Charge back, forward+KKK, back, forward+PPP. I have no idea about the timing or the positioning for it to be a cross-up though.

Here's the 1st match we played where he did it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lM5QvA0KMk

oh I see, I actually thought he did a crossup hop and then the ultra, but now I see what you meant.

Yeap, the way describe it is the way you do it and it is rather forgiveable when it comes to excecution.

TheSeks said:
Hori is a mixed bag leaning toward quality, but their cheaper stick are kinda bad I hear.

Not when you're rolling with one of these bad boys :)

2011-02-24045636.jpg

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
So ummmm, apparently according to this week's Famitsu, Ono's saying that there will be no "Super Street Fighter IV AE for consoles" - but what about the leaked 360 Achievements that confirmed Evil Ryu & Oni, Mr. Ono?

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/02/24/no_home_super_sfiv_ae/

Orrrrrrrrrr, does he mean that with the "purposely unbalanced" characters in AE, that Evil Ryu & Oni will come as DLC, but Fuerte will still retain the beastly Ultra Spark? Makoto forever doomed to work harder than everyone else? Dee Jay to remain reminiscing when he was top? Hakan forever at the bottom of the barrel?

Or is he just being Ono as usual? Only time will tell.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
_dementia said:
Probably Ono being Ono.

I'm guessing this as well with how he reacted on Twitter - even for him, this would be outlandishly unnecessary if it ended up coming anyways, but called Super Street Fighter IV Turbo instead.

MightyKAC

Skilotonn said:
So ummmm, apparently according to this week's Famitsu, Ono's saying that there will be no "Super Street Fighter IV AE for consoles" - but what about the leaked 360 Achievements that confirmed Evil Ryu & Oni, Mr. Ono?

PC exclusive CONFIMED!!!!!

hitsugi

Ono's just mad that now no one will give a shit about the hype up Oni and E.Ryu trailers and other BS they use to string us along for months D:

Threi

notag
XenoRaven said:
It's not even so much that people are dropping her/quitting the game anymore. I've already resigned myself to barely (if ever) seeing good Chun play in tournies again. It's the assholes that still insist she's "top tier." Fuck you guys.
she is and always was near the top. It just so happened that Capcom wanted to have those two fucking twins higher.

hitsugi

cHaotix8 said:
Consoles probably aren't getting the AE version, they'll likely get a newer balance pack.

it would be beyond retarded to not update the console versions with yun, yang, etc.

..or just a huge "fuck you" to everyone that purchased SF4 / SSF4

cHaotix8

I'm not saying that we wouldn't get the AE characters, just that they won't be the same balance-wise as their arcade counterparts. This is all hypothesis by the way.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
hitsugi said:
it would be beyond retarded to not update the console versions with yun, yang, etc.

..or just a huge "fuck you" to everyone that purchased SF4 / SSF4

Each day since I bought the game has been a big "fuck you", no real support, no updates, paid skins, no balanceupdates ( I mean in this day and age that could be done ridiculously fast, but why do it fast when you can do it slow and get more money amirite ? ), etc etc

Capcom and SF4 has given me the biggest spousal abuse syndrome ever.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
Anyone happen to know how hard it would be for Capcom to push an update to existing AE machines? If there is a fourth iteration of SFIV coming, I'd like for it to a) be on a new disc and b) come to arcades as well.

hitsugi said:
Ono's just mad that now no one will give a shit about the hype up Oni and E.Ryu trailers and other BS they use to string us along for months D:

A waste of two perfectly good character slots.

I've always hated these stupid filler characters. Just make it a hold down start to pick Jersey Shore Akuma and IBS Ryu option, and give us Rolento and Eagle instead! :|

No AE would make me mad, but I haven't given Crapcom any of my money thus far; so I'm only getting what I paid for. Though it's egg on the face of my friends who bought multiple copies lol.

Can't trust it!

cHaotix8 said:
Consoles probably aren't getting the AE version, they'll likely get a newer balance pack.

COME HELL OR HIGH WATER! EQUAL VERSIONS FOR ARCADE AND CONSOLES! WHO'S WITH ME?!

UNIFY! UNIFY! UNIFY! UNIFY! UNIFY! UNIFY! UNIFY! UNIFY! UNIFY!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
He's probably right. AE probably won't come to consoles.

Because they're gonna call it something else since having an arcade edition on a console is kind of an oxymoron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom