• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rice-Eater said:
-I test it out, it works fine on Xbox except Guide doesn't work anymore. On PS3 it seems good at first, but then I realized all the buttons are all over the place, I think he fucked up and now I have to use a really strange custom setting
This is normal you have to set the stick to playstation mode. then the buttons should still kinda be iffy... depends on how all over the place you mean. also yeah most people who do stick mods take the stick from you to mod it then give it back to you when its done giving them time to test it out themselves to make sure it works and do any fine tuning
\
in summary if you cant trust the person enough to leave your stick with them...go to a tournament and get it done there.

_dementia said:
How can he blame his losses on lag now?

I made the mistake of watching some of the offline casual matches on his channel. His excuses are as predictable as stupid. I hope he gets blown up at WB.

vg260

the_log_ride said:
COME HELL OR HIGH WATER! EQUAL VERSIONS FOR ARCADE AND CONSOLES! WHO'S WITH ME?!

UNIFY! UNIFY! UNIFY! UNIFY! UNIFY! UNIFY! UNIFY! UNIFY! UNIFY!

After Ono admitted the AE was intentionally unbalanced, I don't want AE unless they tweak it. They undid a lot of the work that made Super really well done by plopping in two S-tier characters that everyone will jump on. (not to mention destroying Guile)

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone gonna put up a thread for Winter Brawl this weekend?

EDIT: If no one's planning to, I could throw one together tomorrow...

2&2 said:
After Ono admitted the AE was intentionally unbalanced, I don't want AE unless they tweak it. They undid a lot of the work that made Super really well done by plopping in two S-tier characters that everyone will jump on. (not to mention destroying Guile)

Ideally, they would have more balance tweaks for console version of AE, which would also be applied to AE. I have no idea what the odds are of this happening, though.

The Hermit

2&2 said:

ono.jpg

Was browsing a thread in OT about SF the cartoon, which got me to remember how The-Switcher used to post here before he was banned. That in turn got me to browse the old SF4 OT, which has me missing Vanilla for some odd reason. Gonna fire her up for old time's sake and see if I can get some matches going, no matter how bad the connection...

the_log_ride said:
Was browsing a thread in OT about SF the cartoon, which got me to remember how The-Switcher used to post here before he was banned. That in turn got me to browse the old SF4 OT, which has me missing Vanilla for some odd reason. Gonna fire her up for old time's sake and see if I can get some matches going, no matter how bad the connection...
heh, I might be down for some games of vanilla tomorrow.

the_log_ride said:
Don't lie. You miss Indestructible.

vg260

Baiano19 said:
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n122/pikoeri/ono.jpg

HA! Nice. Leaked 360 achievements never lie, though. DLC will happen. Just hope they re-balance it, but I really doubt it. I'd love if the DLC was optional, cause I like Super as-is, but they'll surely force the update on people.

AkumaHokoru said:
in summary if you cant trust the person enough to leave your stick with them...go to a tournament and get it done there.

It wasn't about trust, I met him at a mall and gave it to him, he went home and did it while I stayed at the mall having no idea where he lives or if he would come back. I guess you could say it was my own lack of information . I didn't know that this was how it was normally done and I didn't know how long it would take. Which is my own fault as I should have asked.

As for the 2nd thing, I wish I could get it done at a local tournament. I definitely attend local tournaments in my area, but as far as I know, there is no modder in around. I will ask around more and see if there is a local guy who can do a quick fix if possible. If not I'll gladly leave it in there care until it's done this time. Thanks for the comments though.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Rice, did the dude come recommended? If so, punch whoever recommended him. If not, there is your problem. Shop around before you let someone mess your controllers insides.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Rice-Eater said:
It wasn't about trust, I met him at a mall and gave it to him, he went home and did it while I stayed at the mall having no idea where he lives or if he would come back. I guess you could say it was my own lack of information . I didn't know that this was how it was normally done and I didn't know how long it would take. Which is my own fault as I should have asked.

As for the 2nd thing, I wish I could get it done at a local tournament. I definitely attend local tournaments in my area, but as far as I know, there is no modder in around. I will ask around more and see if there is a local guy who can do a quick fix if possible. If not I'll gladly leave it in there care until it's done this time. Thanks for the comments though.
There will be one at Final Round.

TheSeks said:
Rice, did the dude come recommended? If so, punch whoever recommended him. If not, there is your problem. Shop around before you let someone mess your controllers insides.

No, he wasn't recommended, I found him in the "Need a modder in your area?" thread at SRK. As for him, he may not be that charismatic, but I give him props for being helpful. I found out about my problem on the PS3 side yesterday but I didn't contact him yet. Today I noticed that he messaged me to check in to see if there were any issues. I told him about it and he gave me instructions about how I can fix it myself(which I just finished doing). It was quick and painless so I'm glad that wasn't difficult.

Honestly, I would still recommend him though. Maybe the issue with the Guide button is more my fault rather then his. If he had enough time, he probably could have solved it. But I didn't give that to him. My cousin wants his PS3 Hori HRAP modded as well. I told him everything but he's still interested. So if my cuz goes through with it and everything is fine then I think that should clear everything up.

Hitokage said:
There will be one at Final Round.

Unfortunately I'm not going to Final Round. I really wanted to but I only have enough vacation to attend one Major. It was either this or EVO. EVO will definitely cost more money but I can't pass up the chance to attend EVO. Especially with MvC3 out it's going to be even more bigger then it was last year.

the_log_ride said:
Vanilla lobby!

And yeah, you're goddamn right I miss Indestructible

Too bad my cuz has my copy of vanilla right now, I do miss the crazy damage from vanilla.

Except Sagat though, fuck that bastard

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good games to PSN as usual. Random select giving me Fuerte like a lot. This was probably one of the worst nights when it came to lag though.

MIMIC

Banned
Rice-Eater said:
Vipers confuse everybody man. Get knocked down once and it could already be over.

I played this really good Viper the other day. I was Fuerte. Knocked her down, shit was over. Next match: she knocked me down, shit was over. lol

USD

Not much to go on, but some of the NSB teams from the early sign-up:

Team Thomas
Haitani (Makoto)
Hishou (Sagat)
MDR (Rufus)

Suimin Man
Chakai (Ken)
Slimer (C.Viper)
Choco (Blanka)

Okazaki Chimps
Pie (Fei Long)
Hirushi (Makoto)
KOK (Yang)

Kadey said:
Good games to PSN as usual. Random select giving me Fuerte like a lot. This was probably one of the worst nights when it came to lag though.
Just wondering since you were streaming at a higher quality and playing online that it might lag when you play. I have noticed the stream being choppy at times.

Sp00ky

Sup guys.

I know I don't post on gaf too much but I wanted to preemptively give a little info on the upcoming stream.

There is no real set schedule yet but it looks like the stream is primarily going to be dominated by ssf4 and mvc3. On Sunday we are scheduled to run one of the matches from the Dojosports 5 v 5 league.

The stream url is going to be http://justin.tv/teamsp00ky

I don't know how much the chat is going to be affected by DSP's presence but considering we got 3k viewers for a mvc3 local at 8 bit and up I don't think the chat is going to be too great there are going to be a lot of people. I've considered making a Team Spooky irc channel but I am sure the same thing would happen.

I guess this post isn't really that informative but hopefully you guys will like the stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom