• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joekage

Just got sponsored by TWG ( Team White Guys) as mentioned in the credits of the Marvel strategy guide. Gonna sponsor me throughout the year at various tournaments including Final Round. Very excited for this opportunity to prove my skill and get my legs back! New name incoming - TWG TostitoSalsa

eva01

Rice-Eater said:
Just lost to Eva01 in a Ken mirror on Peaceful Jay's stream. I was so close in the 2nd round but I fucked up my set up. I went for empty jump into short, but I did it way too early. I think I got excited about possibly beating Eva01, at least for 1 round. Oh well, gg if you see this.

GGs Rice Eater. I would of stayed longer but my friend wanted me to join his lobby with this bison chick in it.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Joekage said:
Just got sponsored by TWG ( Team White Guys) as mentioned in the credits of the Marvel strategy guide. Gonna sponsor me throughout the year at various tournaments including Final Round. Very excited for this opportunity to prove my skill and get my legs back! New name incoming - TWG TostitoSalsa

Congrats!

Joekage said:
Congrats man!!!

cHaotix8

I am sorry to say I let GAF down today. I was an inch away from getting that TWG (Team White Guys, as mentioned in the credits section of the Marvel 3 Guide) sponsorship. I was so close too! Looks like I'll be on crutches for a few more weeks.

Ok, time for my real post. I went to a tournament today(Hitokage was also there), unfortunately another thing was going on this weekend and we only had 9 people for SSF4(24 in the last tournament). As usual I went 2 and out( Stay free, me). But that didn't mean I didn't have a great time. Me and my buddies met this pad Dan player(he's also pretty young), he really blew us away. He did really well and gave 2 of the best player around here a run for there money. I had a great time hanging out and playing casuals and meeting some new people. Can't wait for the next one.

Joekage said:
They're willing to sponsor garbage players like you? They must be desperate. ^_^

Also, got second in my tourney. Made it to grand finals through winners. My opponent in Grand Finals was the famous Ramen Addict. I've never been bodied that hard in my life. The longest part of the whole match was me deciding on who to lose with in the last match. lol
Got a nice $125 though. ^_^

dragonballjoseph said:
They're willing to sponsor garbage players like you? They must be desperate. ^_^

Also, got second in my tourney. Made it to grand finals through winners. My opponent in Grand Finals was the famous Ramen Addict. I've never been bodied that hard in my life. The longest part of the whole match was me deciding on who to lose with in the last match. lol
Got a nice $125 though. ^_^

I've played Ramen Addict a few times on Live and got bodied to the 10th power. Did he use Trolldon?

galvan

Neo Member
Joekage said:

any team jop openings/recruiting? :)

USD

Lost Fragment said:
confusetecksrdxl.gif

USD

I never knew that Makoto could land double Fukiage after anti-air (non-cinematic) UC2 until I saw Haitani do it last night during NSB21.

Joekage said:

Grats, Joe!

I have trouble fighting FeiLongs. What kind of counterpoke can Ken or Adon use vs Rekka? Also, how can I stop the opponent from getting away with random chickenwings?

_dementia said:
I have trouble fighting FeiLongs. What kind of counterpoke can Ken or Adon use vs Rekka? Also, how can I stoke the opponent from getting away with random chickenwings?

If only there was some kind of flowchart...

SmokeMaxX

cHaotix8 said:
I am sorry to say I let GAF down today. I was an inch away from getting that TWG (Team White Guys, as mentioned in the credits section of the Marvel 3 Guide) sponsorship. I was so close too! Looks like I'll be on crutches for a few more weeks.
Missed opportunity by Team White Guys.

ARK may be considering sponsoring you. I'll get back to you after I talk to some companies.
You do have one of the best reaction times in the business, sir. I saw the video against that Fei Long.

gibration

_dementia said:
Evo 2009 yes. In 2010 they used the Alienware AW2210.
Is it any better than the ASUS? And is that what they're using at this years evo too?

Sorry for asking so many questions.
Asus is cheaper and has built-in speakers.
Alienware has more solid lagless performance.
Ah I see. Thanks! I've been looking for a new tv/monitor but I think I might go with the ASUS since the Alienware one goes over $200 unless it's worth it. Decisions, decisions.

MIMIC

Banned
Fooling around with Zangief a few weeks ago and I noticed a glitch:

If you do c.LK 2 times (buffering for Super) and then do a super, 90% of the time it will whiff. If you jump up and input the motions for the super, it will still whiff. But light SPD WILL grab. Ultra will grab, too.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
MIMIC said:
Fooling around with Zangief a few weeks ago and I noticed a glitch:

If you do c.LK 2 times (buffering for Super) and then do a super, 90% of the time it will whiff. If you jump up and input the motions for the super, it will still whiff. But light SPD WILL grab. Ultra will grab, too.
Super has much less range than either.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
the_log_ride said:
How was the Alienware AW2210 during EVO? I recall people complaining it had a touch of delay...
Going from more laggy to less laggy messes up timing just like going from less laggy to more laggy. The AW2210 has a max latency of 5/8 a frame. The Asus only averages under a frame.

I asked Valle once, and he recommended to me the Asus over the Alienware monitor.

We play on the Asus monitors too over here at Focus Attacks, those things are amazing.

Spent yesterday afternoon online in SSFIV.

Played 15 Ranked Matches. Won 1
Even that was only against an equal noob status player, using Zangief, who was just spamming the whirlwind thing against my Ken and I managed to avoid enough.

Played an Endless Battle for about 45 minutes (that's an awesome game mode!), got completely owned on every one though, some pretty skilled players sitting in Endless. Had the occasional lucky round win, but still worlds behind the ability of the other people playing online.. Damn.

So far in my entire SFIV/SSFIV online history, I've won 1 match - and played probably close to 100. I hope I'm learning something along the way haha..

Imm0rt4l

the_log_ride said:
How was the Alienware AW2210 during EVO? I recall people complaining it had a touch of delay...
I couldn't even time my shin shoryukens properly at EVO, but it could have been nerves.....also didn't help that my opponents posse was hyping his guy and marginalizing me.

_dementia said:
That reminds me, didn't Daigo complain about lag at evo 2k10?
also correct. a few of players did not like the alienware moniters they arent too bad but they are laggier than the asus moniters they use now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom