• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor210 said:
I think that's how I was when I started. Just the feeling of losing and not knowing how to beat projectile spam :D

Experience comes with time - and then you start being able to play close matches.

I've gotta learn how to do that focus absorb thing (yeah, my terminology is awesome). Had a DeeJay last night who absorbed just about every Hadouken I threw at him into health.

Yup, going to keep at it.

cackhyena said:
Geez, sorry about that. It's yerffejk. Missed the r in there.

Cool, will give it another go this afternoon.

DjangoReinhardt said:
It sounds like you're new to Street Fighter altogether. If that's the case, you may want to watch these: http://www.sirlin.net/blog/2006/11/15/street-fighter-tutorial-videos.html

ETA: There are tons of videos out there with information that people who've been playing since the early 90s take for granted.

I've played many in the past, but only as a button-masher, so yeah, I'm new to it technically, as well as competitively. Fantastic, thanks for the link!

Labombadog said:
Add me deadpool, I would not mind helping ya out. I am by no mean good at this game at all but willing to help a newcomer. :)

PSN: teamnoob_madlab
(zeros not the letter O)

Cheers mate, will add you this afternoon too :D

Damn, Ken really got owned on the alternate costumes.

It's like they've gone out of the way to make him look completely ridiculous.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So only three peoples wants their stuff. Fine by me. Less money to spend!

About to stream an endless for those dying to get blown up by lag. -=coughsriceeatercoughs=-

Shoutouts to Art looking sound. TS holding it down. Justin taking the crown and crazy it may be, this lovely town.

Axis

KS Seven X said:
Evo should make an exception and have AE. Who gives a fuck if it's not on console?

everyone who doesn't have access to the game but plans on going to evo? not much you can do there...

I actually feel...confident...about my Claw when playing online now. Such a weird sensation, as I never really felt it with Rufus, oddly enough.

Axis

abstract alien said:
I actually feel...confident...about my Claw when playing online now. Such a weird sensation, as I never really felt it with Rufus, oddly enough.

playing online with rufus is a bitch since his bnb is a 1 frame...but hey, ex i don't give a fuck saves lives.

Axis said:
playing online with rufus is a bitch since his bnb is a 1 frame...but hey, ex i don't give a fuck saves lives.
Lmao, yes! I would bait that shit out on a daily basis.

You got Special moves? I got Jesus.
You got Supers? I got Jesus.
Oh, you have a new Ultra God to believe in? Sucks for you, I got Jesus.

Axis

abstract alien said:
Lmao, yes! I would bait that shit out on a daily basis.

You got Special moves? I got Jesus.
You got Supers? I got Jesus.
Oh, you have a new Ultra God to believe in? Sucks for you, I got Jesus.

rename it to ex yeah, i did that.

abstract alien said:
Damn right.

Now if only I could find Claw's equivalent when facing Blanka lol
It's not that hard! Reversal EX Izuna off any blocked ball, then turtle to your heart's content. At least that's how I was taught. :|

Axis said:
az greg could answer that for ya
Hmm, Ill have to check with him, but in the mean time...

Professor Beef said:
It's not that hard! Reversal EX Izuna off any blocked ball, then turtle to your heart's content. At least that's how I was taught. :|
I might have to resort to this :^/

I get way too anxious when stuff like this goes down. I can't imagine what it must feel like to be on stage at Evo in semi-finals or something like that.

abstract alien said:
I get way too anxious when stuff like this goes down. I can't imagine what it must feel like to be on stage at Evo in semi-finals or something like that.
Eh, it wears off quickly. I got my shit handed to me at Evo in HD Remix, on the stage. I looked free, and all my friends watching back home made sure to remind me when I got back. :lol

Kadey said:

About to stream an endless for those dying to get blown up by lag. -=coughsriceeatercoughs=-

Shoutouts to Art looking sound. TS holding it down. Justin taking the crown and crazy it may be, this lovely town.
XBL Points! ^_^

Joekage said:
I challenge you to a pizza match! Conditions are Papa Johns, pepperoni with pineapple and a order of cheesesticks for every perfect. Let's do it!
FT5 pizza matches at FR?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I was going to order Kuma some pizza some time and he was like, nah, they dont do that or something and I was like okay. Paranoid U.S.

So it's 4 Live cards and 1 PSN coming right up. Next year folks. Remember to post a lot in here! Perhaps I may even have something more grand.

Hitokage said:
I'd do it if the game were Sakura Tetris VS Mode.
You bring it, and it's on. My amazing Tetris skills and love for Card Captors will make me prevail!

I have the feeling that I'm going to be buying a lot of people pizza during final round lol

Professor Beef said:
Good games to all. That third disconnect was it for me.

Xeno, that Vega is so tricky.
Thanks a ton. My secondary is Hawk, but he isn't anywhere near as awesome as yours. I have a few tricks with him, but I learned a lot from you last night. Didn't know his crouching mid kick was so nice, or his standing weak kick. You have a ton of patients with im as well.

hitsugi

Kadey said:

I've been pretty glued to AE and MVC3 lately.. Haven't been around these parts as much as I'd like to :x but PSN, please?

I'll be around for streaming nights again soon :D for more than a game, lol.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
cackhyena said:
I may join in if you'll have me, Kadey. This is yerffejk, by the way.

Hey yerffejk, glad to see you here! I need to add you to XBL if you're not on PSN much anymore.

cackhyena

Lyte Edge said:
Hey yerffejk, glad to see you here! I need to add you to XBL if you're not on PSN much anymore.
Sup man. I'm hardly ever on there anymore, honestly. Only if it's to play Mak from 1UP. Otherwise, it's 360 all the way now for Super and MvC3. We'll get it going eventually and you can destroy me with your Chun. Changed my XBL tag to yerffejko now.

-Deadpool- said:
I've gotta learn how to do that focus absorb thing (yeah, my terminology is awesome). Had a DeeJay last night who absorbed just about every Hadouken I threw at him into health.

I'm not sure if this is what you're saying, but your opponent doesn't gain health when they focus stuff.

abstract alien said:
Thanks a ton. My secondary is Hawk, but he isn't anywhere near as awesome as yours. I have a few tricks with him, but I learned a lot from you last night. Didn't know his crouching mid kick was so nice, or his standing weak kick. You have a ton of patients with im as well.
Thanks. I'm still trying to get the hang of whiff dive into U1, but half the time I keep accidentally hitting the opponent.

And my patience comes from the fact that both me and Hawk are native-american. We can sit and wait for days for an opening, because we are

patient.

Professor Beef said:
Thanks. I'm still trying to get the hang of whiff dive into U1, but half the time I keep accidentally hitting the opponent.

And my patience comes from the fact that both me and Hawk are native-american. We can sit and wait for days for an opening, because we are

patient.

*native American high five* :D

I actually practiced the 360 motions with him for a while, and then later remembered about shortcuts. Now I find that even a chicken wing motion will suffice for everything but 720s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom