• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cackhyena

-Deadpool- said:
Spent yesterday afternoon online in SSFIV.

So far in my entire SFIV/SSFIV online history, I've won 1 match - and played probably close to 100. I hope I'm learning something along the way haha..

Wow. I would have thrown my stick through the wall at that rate. You sir, have quite the persevering attitude.

cackhyena said:
Wow. I would have thrown my stick through the wall at that rate. You sir, have quite the persevering attitude.

I've got no problem losing. I thoroughly enjoy the game and hope that I'm learning something (though it remains to be seen). Just watching people play that are immensely more talented than myself is quite enjoyable, gives me something to aspire to.

Been sticking to the AI Arcade, still can't win on Medium without a few Continues at Seth round 2 (detest him so much, cheap bastard), but realise I'm not really learning anything cruising through the lead up AI matches, then hitting a brick wall of difficulty at Seth Round 2.

So I've jumped online to have my arse handed to me there.

vissione

Banned
-Deadpool- said:

Played 15 Ranked Matches. Won 1
Even that was only against an equal noob status player, using Zangief, who was just spamming the whirlwind thing against my Ken and I managed to avoid enough.

Played an Endless Battle for about 45 minutes (that's an awesome game mode!), got completely owned on every one though, some pretty skilled players sitting in Endless. Had the occasional lucky round win, but still worlds behind the ability of the other people playing online.. Damn.

So far in my entire SFIV/SSFIV online history, I've won 1 match - and played probably close to 100. I hope I'm learning something along the way haha..

You on PSN man? Do you main akuma? OMG. You might need to change your main dude.

vissione said:
You on PSN man? Do you main akuma? OMG. You might need to change your main dude.

PSN yeah.

Naa, I 'main' Ken. I say main in inverted commas, because I use him as he's the only one I can knock out moves with any hint of regularity haha..

I really like Akuma, but generally suck (even more) using him.

vissione

Banned
-Deadpool- said:
PSN yeah.

Naa, I 'main' Ken. I say main in inverted commas, because I use him as he's the only one I can knock out moves with any hint of regularity haha..

I really like Akuma, but generally suck (even more) using him.

If you're not already in the GAFCHAT make sure you make arrangements to do so. Although most of us are playing MvC3, I owe a lot of my shitty skill to playing the same guys over and over.

vissione said:
If you're not already in the GAFCHAT make sure you make arrangements to do so. Although most of us are playing MvC3, I owe a lot of my shitty skill to playing the same guys over and over.
Ah yeah forgot about that. Thanks, someone told me about this when my account got approved the other day, I'll get on board.

Good on you, Deadpool. I've tried to get a buddy of mine to start playing SSF4, but he gave up very quickly. I'm trying to make a little offline community out of my friends, but so far, I am failing miserably.

I'm not gonna lie, it's gonna be tough cutting your teeth by fighting people who have played for over 2 years on the SF4 engine. But it looks like you're having fun with it. Join up SSF4 gaf chat like behest stated, and your game will improve.

the_log_ride said:
Good on you, Deadpool. I've tried to get a buddy of mine to start playing SSF4, but he gave up very quickly. I'm trying to make a little offline community out of my friends, but so far, I am failing miserably.

I'm not gonna lie, it's gonna be tough cutting your teeth by fighting people who have played for over 2 years on the SF4 engine. But it looks like you're having fun with it. Join up SSF4 gaf chat like behest stated, and your game will improve.

Cheers man. I really wanted to catch on when I got SFIV, but other games, plus lack of mates playing SFIV at the time (and still waiting for GAF approval), it got shelved pretty quick.

Absolutely having fun with SSFIV, despite not catching on competitively yet, but hopefully I'll catch some of you around here for some schooling too. Last night I was coming up against people with between 2,000 and (highest I played) an 11,800 BP Dhalsim. Must have been comedy to them seeing me rock up with 0 PP/0 BP haha..

-Deadpool- said:
Cheers man. I really wanted to catch on when I got SFIV, but other games, plus lack of mates playing SFIV at the time (and still waiting for GAF approval), it got shelved pretty quick.

Absolutely having fun with SSFIV, despite not catching on competitively yet, but hopefully I'll catch some of you around here for some schooling too. Last night I was coming up against people with between 2,000 and (highest I played) an 11,800 BP Dhalsim. Must have been comedy to them seeing me rock up with 0 PP/0 BP haha..

/avatar quote

You probably already have an idea, but don't play the numbers, play your opponent. I'd be lying if I didn't said that on some level, the numbers kinda get in my head. Just play like you have nothing to lose. That's when I'm at my best, I think.

AkumaHokoru said:
also correct. a few of players did not like the alienware moniters they arent too bad but they are laggier than the asus moniters they use now.

*sigh* I wish competitions would just stick to CRT TVs. Performance should be the priority.

vissione

Banned
-Deadpool- said:
That Yun was pretty amazing.

Any word yet if these characters will make it over to console? Or was that all rumour?

You should know the economics of street fighter by now... of course some day it'll happen.

I should also remind you that you need to put some time in the lab bro. I haven't played you but man... 100 games and only 1 win is depressing unless you're only playing GDLK players. :(

Me in the lab with my scrubby ass cammy

It helps to spend a long time in training mode until you don't drop combos.
(unlike me)
It's one less thing to think about during a match if you do.

-Deadpool- said:
That Yun was pretty amazing.

Any word yet if these characters will make it over to console? Or was that all rumour?

The current rumor is that we will get a new version of SSF4 in the form of a disc rather then DLC, I think June is still the target date of this rumor. I'm hoping it makes it out and will be used for EVO rather then the current version we have right now.

vissione said:

(unlike me)

Just out of curiosity, have you ever landed that combo against me? I played Vexco(also plays Cammy) a few days ago on Xbox Live and he hit me with that combo(except when cr. MK whiffed) almost every time he went for it. Pretty nice execution on his part.

Rice-Eater said:
The current rumor is that we will get a new version of SSF4 in the form of a disc rather then DLC, I think June is still the target date of this rumor. I'm hoping it makes it out and will be used for EVO rather then the current version we have right now.

If it's a retail disc, I doubt it'll be out within six months. You need months of an advertising campaign before releasing a retail disc.

cackhyena said:
Deadpool, add me if you want to. yeffejk on PSN. I'm on XBL a lot more, but I hop on my PS3 every once and a while. Cheers.

Can you confirm this ID?
Just tells me the Id hasn't been registered.

vissione said:
You should know the economics of street fighter by now... of course some day it'll happen.

I should also remind you that you need to put some time in the lab bro. I haven't played you but man... 100 games and only 1 win is depressing unless you're only playing GDLK players. :(

(unlike me)

Yeah, it's probably a woeful statistic, but I'm really not that depressed about it to be honest haha.. Still having fun kicking it around even if I am losing basically every match.

Probably should hit training, but my problem is I really have no background knowledge. When it tells me to do Stand MK into EX cancel Shoryuken (or whatever, I'm making that up but to illustrate my point), I have no idea how to do the majority of that. It's really not helpful, hence why I've jumped online to see what people are actually accomplishing. Same goes for the challenges. I can't get past Challenge #10 with Ken, simply because I don't know how you're supposed to control the required combo.

Not exactly user - especially noob - friendly.

Rice-Eater said:

Dammit, that'd be right - just after I buy SSFIV of course haha..

Got my win count up to 5 tonight haha.. Not sure that I'm really improving, but I feel I played some better games tonight, hung back, blocked a little more rather than trying to be all aggressive and throwing easy opportunities away. A few I lost I was really close too, so I'm proud of those ones.

Jumped into an Endless battle where a bunch of peeps bailed. Ended up being just me and another bloke who stuck around for a while and schooled me. He was really good, played fair with a bunch of characters and pretty sure he could see I was starting out so went a bit easy on my Ken here and there. PSN was kenshiryu, great fights.

Added you up tonight, log_ride. Hopefully catch you (and the rest of the GAF crew) around soon for some match ups.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
May run an Endless late tonight.

Pizza winners. Tell me whether you want Live or PSN points. I may give them all out this weekend.
Techically, I could get you pizza. But that would require your address and a specific place where I can order from but that's too much of a hassle.

Are you British, Australian, something else? Just wondering because the connection between you and us(and we're mostly American as you may already know) could be pretty bad. When we try to play Pirateben(UK), it's down right atrocious.

That's not to say you shouldn't still play US GAF'ers, you should definitely join and have fun. Just that it may be hard to learn and improve in a very laggy environment.

Kadey said:
Techically, I could get you pizza. But that would require your address and a specific place where I can order from but that's too much of a hassle.

Hey if I win, I'll take pizza. Just order online and I'll give you my address. No joke, pho real talk.

Rice-Eater said:
Are you British, Australian, something else? Just wondering because the connection between you and us(and we're mostly American as you may already know) could be pretty bad. When we try to play Pirateben(UK), it's down right atrocious.

That's not to say you shouldn't still play US GAF'ers, you should definitely join and have fun. Just that it may be hard to learn and improve in a very laggy environment.
Me? Yeah, Australian. I already figured the times alone would be tough, but after having a few laggy games tonight - even with AU players - I realise it's going to be tough getting good match-ups happening with the US side. Worth a shot though.

There's no AU/NZ SSFIV crew?

Kadey said:

Pizza winners. Tell me whether you want Live or PSN points. I may give them all out this weekend.
Pizza winners are the wall-of-shamers fro the last thread right?
XBLA point card plssss.

Razor210

-Deadpool- said:

Played 15 Ranked Matches. Won 1
Even that was only against an equal noob status player, using Zangief, who was just spamming the whirlwind thing against my Ken and I managed to avoid enough.

Played an Endless Battle for about 45 minutes (that's an awesome game mode!), got completely owned on every one though, some pretty skilled players sitting in Endless. Had the occasional lucky round win, but still worlds behind the ability of the other people playing online.. Damn.

I think that's how I was when I started. Just the feeling of losing and not knowing how to beat projectile spam :D

Experience comes with time - and then you start being able to play close matches.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
-Deadpool- said:
Probably should hit training, but my problem is I really have no background knowledge. When it tells me to do Stand MK into EX cancel Shoryuken (or whatever, I'm making that up but to illustrate my point), I have no idea how to do the majority of that. It's really not helpful, hence why I've jumped online to see what people are actually accomplishing. Same goes for the challenges. I can't get past Challenge #10 with Ken, simply because I don't know how you're supposed to control the required combo.
It sounds like you're new to Street Fighter altogether. If that's the case, you may want to watch these: http://www.sirlin.net/blog/2006/11/15/street-fighter-tutorial-videos.html

ETA: There are tons of videos out there with information that people who've been playing since the early 90s take for granted.

Evo Presents: Evolution vs Godsgarden May 6 -7, 2011

http://shoryuken.com/content/evo-presents-evolution-vs-godsgarden-may-6-7-2011-3755/

SRK said:
For the first time in history, the world’s largest open tournament from the West is crossing over with the strongest players from the East for a world’s first in Street Fighter history. That’s right–Evolution is collaborating with the GodsGarden team to bring you Evolution vs. GodsGarden on May 6-7, 2011.

Evolution vs GodsGarden marks a number of firsts in the fighting game community. Not only is it the first time the tournament has made the trek to the birthplace of Street Fighter, but it’s the first time the highly-revered Japanese fighting game community will be able to duke it out, Evolution style – open to all gamers anywhere in the world, two out of three games, and a true double-elimination bracket.

The tournament, which takes place during Japan’s historic “Golden Week”, will headline with an intense Super Street Fighter IV tournament, Japan’s first major Marvel vs. Capcom 3 tournament ever, and Namco’s 3d fighter Tekken 6. Here are the details:

Evolution vs GodsGarden
Date: May 6-7 2011
Lineup: Super Street Fighter IV, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Tekken 6
Location: WAREHOUSE Kawasaki, zip 210-0024, 3-7 Nissin-cho, Kawasaki-ku, Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa

What will contenders be competing for? The champion of each title will receive round-trip airfare to Las Vegas to compete in the big one – Evolution 2011 taking place on July 29-31 later this year. Additionally, this tournament will also join the official Evolution Tournament Season, so top placers will be eligible to receive points towards seeding in the final tournament. That’s not all – be sure to keep your eyes peeled for more additional prizes, coming soon.

We encourage all Shoryuken members and Street Fighter enthusiasts from all over the world to attend this landmark event. Mark your calendars, and be sure to stay tuned to Shoryuken.com and Evo2k.com for more details.

USD

Not surprised that it's not Arcade Edition, but it kind of kills the hype for me, even though I have no problems watching Super. GODSGARDEN tournaments have always been on console, so I'm not sure how they run an arcade game. I wish AE would magically come out on consoles tomorrow.

Kadey said:

I didn't know you could really mail a pizza cross-country. PSN points for me, por favor.

cackhyena

Kadey said:

I may join in if you'll have me, Kadey. This is yerffejk, by the way.

Joekage

cHaotix8 said:
All you need is their address! Pizza matches ftw.

I challenge you to a pizza match! Conditions are Papa Johns, pepperoni with pineapple and a order of cheesesticks for every perfect. Let's do it!

-Deadpool- said:
I've got no problem losing. I thoroughly enjoy the game and hope that I'm learning something (though it remains to be seen). Just watching people play that are immensely more talented than myself is quite enjoyable, gives me something to aspire to.

Been sticking to the AI Arcade, still can't win on Medium without a few Continues at Seth round 2 (detest him so much, cheap bastard), but realise I'm not really learning anything cruising through the lead up AI matches, then hitting a brick wall of difficulty at Seth Round 2.

So I've jumped online to have my arse handed to me there.
Add me deadpool, I would not mind helping ya out. I am by no mean good at this game at all but willing to help a newcomer. :)

PSN: teamnoob_madlab
(zeros not the letter O)

cHaotix8

Joekage said:
I challenge you to a pizza match! Conditions are Papa Johns, pepperoni with pineapple and a order of cheesesticks for every perfect. Let's do it!

If Papa Johns delivered to me I'd be all over this. I'd be able to eat for days off of a first to 3. Dem perfects.

Kadey said:

Endless? Sounds like fun.

_dementia said:
Why distribute tournament seeding points for once game by qualifying for another?

Its basically the same game. Also, what happens if it comes out on console before Evo (they said they would use it if it came out in time)? I pose the same question back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom