• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Professor Beef said:
Thanks. I'm still trying to get the hang of whiff dive into U1, but half the time I keep accidentally hitting the opponent.
Oddly enough, its the only trick I am pretty good at lol. Well, that and 360 grab after the opponent jumps in and I block the hit. I have no idea how got so good at doing the motion on a controller, but I can whip it out at just about any moment instantly. I need those normal and basic moves you have gotten down though. Shit is beautiful when I see you do it :^)

hitsugi

LALILULELO said:
Where/when the hell is the AE announcement for console..goddammit.
They have to start milking MVC3 players right now; that's the top priority. AE news in another month or two :p

abstract alien said:
Oddly enough, its the only trick I am pretty good at lol. Well, that and 360 grab after the opponent jumps in and I block the hit. I have no idea how got so good at doing the motion on a controller, but I can whip it out at just about any moment instantly. I need those normal and basic moves you have gotten down though. Shit is beautiful when I see you do it :^)
Haha, I'm so bad at doing spds after blocking a jump-in. That's where I need the most practice.

_dementia said:
Is there a source on that or is it just speculation?

they have been hinting at it like crazy and in a interview with killian he hinted at too. Its speculation but there is a really good chance it will get announced there.

AE AE AE AE AE AE AE AE AE AE AE AE AE AE AE AE AE AE AE AE AE AE AE AE

Admittedly, I've been trying to finish off these damn MvC3 missions. I tried some ranked matches to get the 5 in a row trophy, but couldn't close it out on 2 separate occasions. For some relaxation I played around in SSF4 training mode for a bit, and played some player matches to cap off the night. MvC3 has me so traumatized that I kept flinching waiting for Doom to pop out from behind my opponent screaming, "HIDDEN MISSILES!!!!!!!"

So when or if that update finally comes are we actually going to make a new thread or edit the title of this one? "To the front of the Bus, Makoto" or something like that.

Imm0rt4l

And gouken will remain ass. At least I got duds to work with, he's way more fun/rewarding even if he isn't top, that's what yun is for..

SmokeMaxX

Hey guys, A.R.K. III (one of the largest fighting game tournaments in the South) is coming up on April 2nd at Conway Gaming Center in Conway, AR! We are expecting at least ~120 people at this tournament featuring games such as SSF4, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Arcana Heart 3, Blazblue: CS, Tekken 6, Melee, Brawl, Project: M, and more! If you have ANY questions, please post on here or on the official tournament thread where you can find more details about the event located at http://shoryuken.com/f7/r-k-iii-conway-ar-4-2-11-ssf4-mvc3-mk9-t6-bb-smash-more-261820/. Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the Regional Street Fighter/Marvel community as a whole. Thanks guys!

Google maps tells me it would take nearly 12 hours to drive there from my home in NC. So I think it's safe to say I will......not be attending. But good luck to you and anybody from here who can make it. I didn't think that Arkansas of all place could start putting together such a big event that would attract 100+ players. But good shit to you guys for making it happen.

SmokeMaxX

Rice-Eater said:
Google maps tells me it would take nearly 12 hours to drive there from my home in NC. So I think it's safe to say I will......not be attending. But good luck to you and anybody from here who can make it. I didn't think that Arkansas of all place could start putting together such a big event that would attract 100+ players. But good shit to you guys for making it happen.
Haha, yeah. If you want, I can see if I can arrange for a ride for you from Memphis since we should have about 10-20 people coming in from there. Thanks for the good luck though! We've worked pretty hard making connections with a lot of players to get where we are today. I thank all the guys here and around the region for that.

Oh and just in case this may change your mind... we're proud to announce that TWG Joekage (as credited in the back of the Marvel 3 guide) will be attending ARK III as well as FindMyFarms haha. Our first confirmed sponsored player! We're getting big ;)

LOL, it would take me over 9 hours to get to Memphis. If I made it that far, I think I could finish it and drive the extra 2+ hours to Conway. To be honest, I wouldn't mind making long trips for bigger tournaments like this one. The problem is that I work on Sundays so something this far away is just not possible.

But I hope this this runs well, it can only get bigger and better. Hell, putting a stream together(if possible) could get you guys more exposure so you can show off the local talent and hopefully attract more players from other regions.

Ichabod said:
What ever happened to Shine? I saw that underdog video of him then never heard anything else about him after that.
That's a good question. I remember watching his match against Sanford and rooting for him.

SmokeMaxX

Rice-Eater said:
LOL, it would take me over 9 hours to get to Memphis. If I made it that far, I think I could finish it and drive the extra 2+ hours to Conway. To be honest, I wouldn't mind making long trips for bigger tournaments like this one. The problem is that I work on Sundays so something this far away is just not possible.

But I hope this this runs well, it can only get bigger and better. Hell, putting a stream together(if possible) could get you guys more exposure so you can show off the local talent and hopefully attract more players from other regions.
Haha alright I understand. Know that if you happen to get time off work for any reason, we should be doing a before AND after party with plenty of Street Fighter, Marvel, and alcohol (possibly a keg!). But yeah, we will have at least one stream up and at least 1-2 recording stations for any matches that aren't streamed. So yeah, we're trying to do it as big as possible haha. Thanks so much for your support dude! If you have ANY suggestions, I have an open mind.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Came across a ghetto 90s sounding SF2 rap album. I'm dying from laughing. I'll play them in the stream tonight.

Ichabod said:
What ever happened to Shine? I saw that underdog video of him then never heard anything else about him after that.

He still plays and he has gone a long ways since he surprised everyone with his 2nd place finish at that one BFA. Back then he really did look like a online player who was using(and getting away with) scrubby tactics. Now he looks very solid and should definitely not be underestimated.

I don't know why he hasn't shown up in any tournaments. But a short while back he had a long session with Banana Ken and it was posted on Shin Akuma's youtube page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LpbT8tf7SM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWeS4MeDIdw&feature=related

El Sloth

Banned
the_log_ride said:
MvC3 has me so traumatized that I kept flinching waiting for Doom to pop out from behind my opponent screaming, "HIDDEN MISSILES!!!!!!!"
I lol'ed. I keep trying to push block when I play SSIV. MvC3 is definitely affecting my SSIV play.

Kunohara

So I just played my first 3 matches against other people online, and lost all three. I wanted to beat the game with all the characters just so I could get a feel for all of them first before jumping online.

Now, when you're in the lobby when you hit 'ready', when you see the other guys connection, am I supposed to see mine also? Or do you not get to see yours? The reason I ask is because man was the game fucking laggy. I would push the trigger to try and get a kick out, and sometimes it wouldn't even come out, and everything has a 1-2 sec delay. It is almost impossible to be able to do any special moves.

Keep in mind that I have a very fast connection, and I don't have any problems playing other games online like Reach. I'm just wondering if it is the game itself, or what.

If this is what online always is, it is very disappointing. Also keep in mind that the 3 matches I did play, two were from the same country as me (Canada), and the other from the US.

Kunohara said:
So I just played my first 3 matches against other people online, and lost all three. I wanted to beat the game with all the characters just so I could get a feel for all of them first before jumping online.

Now, when you're in the lobby when you hit 'ready', when you see the other guys connection, am I supposed to see mine also? Or do you not get to see yours? The reason I ask is because man was the game fucking laggy. I would push the trigger to try and get a kick out, and sometimes it wouldn't even come out, and everything has a 1-2 sec delay. It is almost impossible to be able to do any special moves.

Keep in mind that I have a very fast connection, and I don't have any problems playing other games online like Reach. I'm just wondering if it is the game itself, or what.

If this is what online always is, it is very disappointing. Also keep in mind that the 3 matches I did play, two were from the same country as me (Canada), and the other from the US.
You'll see the other guy's connection in relation to you. It could be green bars for you and yellow bars for another player in the same lobby for the same opponent. Other players will see your connection in relation to them.

1-2 second lag is very bad. There is noticeable lag, but usually under 1 second.

I'm looking for a new monitor. I know Asus is the most popular brand and that the Asus VH236H is probably still the most recommended monitor. But I was wondering if the new monitors are still just as good when it comes to lag while maybe offering better picture quality? I was looking at the VH238H in particular. It's a new LED model, the specs and price are about the same or better. So it looks like the better deal except I can't find any lag test on it. Can any of you guys tell me anything?

HiResDes

I accidentally spilled a little tea on my TE stick and now my buttons are fucked...I want to order Seimitsu buttons now, but I was wondering how hard it would be to replace them...Do I need to have any soldiering skills?

HiResDes said:
I accidentally spilled a little tea on my TE stick and now my buttons are fucked...I want to order Seimitsu buttons now, but I was wondering how hard it would be to replace them...Do I need to have any soldiering skills?

If it's ONLY the buttons, it should be a simple unplug / plug mod.

Youtube has all sorts of how to videos.

One thing I would suggest, if you're not comfortable that the fellow in the video doesn't do is go in vertical with your pliers to remove the connections. This way you will be pull both UP and AWAY from the button and you won't risk bending / snapping the slip on connector. Not a huge deal, but the method I prefer for safety / peace of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom