• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satyamdas

Banned
Axis said:
satyamdas>lucky d
zItsk.gif

the_log_ride said:
ggs, beef. Matches vs. your T.Hawk are always close, but I have no idea how to play against Ibukis
I actually like playing against Sims, even though they can be excruciatingly annoying. It's like giving me practice on aiming my dives so I go past Yoga Fires, but stop short of Sim himself while also doing it quickly enough so I don't get punished for it.

My recurrning nightmare about the time traveling sandwich has returned.

Im currently living in fear of sleep.

This may be due to the fact that im getting bodied by samurai every wed. And sat.

Though this has certainly leveled me up a ton. Getting normals punished on reaction makes you learn real fast.....

Yeah man, you space your dives pretty well, I have to say.

EraldoCoil said:
My recurrning nightmare about the time traveling sandwich has returned.

Im currently living in fear of sleep.

This may be due to the fact that im getting bodied by samurai every wed. And sat.

Though this has certainly leveled me up a ton. Getting normals punished on reaction makes you learn real fast.....

Thought you'd get a kick out of this, but I found a group to meet up with on Tuesdays near my work. Hopefully I learn and improve my meager skill set. YEAH~!

Kunohara

Turned Game Mode on on my tv, and I do notice a difference. I was actually able to beat arcade mode on hardest with only 1 continue before Seth.

FUCKING SHIT SETH ON HARDEST CAN EAT MY NUTS AND LOVE IT. I was seriously getting so pissed off.

I did some more online matches, and these were alot smoother lag wise, and I actually won my first game! It was me as Ryu vs a Ken. Last round, both had low health, and we are exchanging fireballs back and forth, and I whip out an EX fireball, and he goes down. Was exhilarating.

Kunohara said:
Turned Game Mode on on my tv, and I do notice a difference. I was actually able to beat arcade mode on hardest with only 1 continue before Seth.

FUCKING SHIT SETH ON HARDEST CAN EAT MY NUTS AND LOVE IT. I was seriously getting so pissed off.

I did some more online matches, and these were alot smoother lag wise, and I actually won my first game! It was me as Ryu vs a Ken. Last round, both had low health, and we are exchanging fireballs back and forth, and I whip out an EX fireball, and he goes down. Was exhilarating.

Good!

Edit: On another note, check out this set between Air and some beastly/mind fucking Seth player. It sounds like it was a money match, but I can't confirm.

Part 1
Part 2

Joekage

black_vegeta said:
Good!

Edit: On another note, check out this set between Air and some beastly/mind fucking Seth player. It sounds like it was a money match, but I can't confirm.

Part 1
Part 2

Seth's mixup is amazing. We have a legendary player here in Dallas who I believe is possibly the best at using the character I've ever seen. Great matches though, Air clutched it out, albeit kinda sloppy but when you're chasing around Seth, it can get that way haha.

Kunohara said:

Good job! Show no mercy for the weak!

You can help them up after you break every bone in them though.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
What's with the PJ thing with a bunch of players and even stream monsters? I saw Lamerboi and a bunch of people with it now. They just repping him or something?

Shoutouts to $600 GPU that can't even work properly. I'm posting on my netbook and can't reformat my new drive thanks to it.

Fraeon

TheSeks said:
Does the pope shit in the woods?

Yes, it has a slightly deeper learning curve. Because it wasn't dumbed down to A/B/C/S (er-L/M/H/S) system that MvC3 uses. SSF4 uses the traditional L/M/H P/K system that it and the versus series (MSHvsSF, XMvsSF, MvC, MvC2, SNKvsCap, SNKvsCap2) used before TvC and MvC3.

That's not say "DERP IT'S HARD TO GET INTO" but the FADC and all that is probably going to blow your mind for a bit.

I find the claim that MvC3's controls have been dumbed down from MvC2 pretty dubious. MvC2 already reduced the amount of attack buttons to 4: 2 light attacks, 2 heavy attacks. And, more importantly, the amount of buttons that have been used has remained constant throughout the series.

But yeah, shit's tough to do in SSF4, for 2 primary reasons: first being that the input leniency actually achieved the opposite of what it was supposed to do and the second thing is that there's a bunch of characters that rely on really tight links to do any real damage.

Imm0rt4l

Kadey said:
What's with the PJ thing with a bunch of players and even stream monsters? I saw Lamerboi and a bunch of people with it now. They just repping him or something?

Shoutouts to $600 GPU that can't even work properly. I'm posting on my netbook and can't reformat my new drive thanks to it.
Yea it seems that way, I noticed Liquid is PJS now.

black_vegeta said:
Good!

Part 1
Part 2
Ha I loved the double EX Shoryu in the first vid. So much invul, I didn't know who would get hit.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
black_vegeta said:
Good!

Part 1
Part 2
That was genuinely fun to watch - commentators put up a good fight as well considering how long they'd been there!

Makes me want to pick up Seth again...

Fraeon said:
Haha, so ghetto. Was it always this quality before Spooky started doing SF4?

I could of sworn it was decent before. But the audio and video quality is poor.

But...it's not like Seb is going to really get a return in investing in proper equipment.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Fraeon said:
Haha, so ghetto. Was it always this quality before Spooky started doing SF4?

Damn you aren't kidding. But I don't remember it being this bad.

I'm going to try streaming later on. Still on the ghetto setup. Just ordered a new GPU. Hopes it solves the problem.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
God's Beard, Hitsu and Log Ride. PM me for your PSN points. The rest of you Live guys will have to wait for yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom