• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toge

Kadey said:
Damn you aren't kidding. But I don't remember it being this bad.

I'm going to try streaming later on. Still on the ghetto setup. Just ordered a new GPU. Hopes it solves the problem.
What programs are you using to stream kadey? Wirecast? I am looking to stream a local event with some cheap capture card. I just want to have overlays really.

El Sloth

Banned
Possibly just more Ono trolling/cock teasing, but I figured I should post it anyways:
Ono on twitter said:
Dont worry, but plz wait for OFFICIAL announcemet. ;D RT @kikogotskill: don't forget SSFIV for PC , we are still waiting the "news" XD -
https://twitter.com/#!/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/44211911344132096

Rocwell

29on1pl.jpg

Nah I don't think so.

14-7 now.

:Edit:

AfroDojo takes it.

Mike Ross went 0-5 lol

So Joe gets sponsored by TWG (as mentioned in the back of the marvel 3 guide) and what's the first thing he does? Knock me out of a tournament *_*

Thank you white people.

Joekage

FindMyFarms said:
So Joe gets sponsored by TWG (as mentioned in the back of the marvel 3 guide) and what's the first thing he does? Knock me out of a tournament *_*

Thank you white people.

Dat White Power. Hahaha. But yeah, I was confident I could beat all the remaining players but then Jan got me with dat Gief. Put me between those thighs and it was wrap time nap time haha. Oh well, 4th place isn't bad. Dat Cody. Final Round is next!

Kadey said:
Last night was fun. Played a lot more games than usual. Starting to get a lot of the same random people popping up in the lobbies.

This match pretty much summed up Beef's night.

http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/280994169

Like Beyonce said. Upgrade!!!
Lmao, that ending is second only to the infamous Daigo/Justin double KO lol

Also, I feel like my Claw is falling into a slump. I think I'm going to take a break for most of the day and come back later tonight. He needs some of that homicidal beauty sleep.

Any tips for Ken Challenge #10?

It's the jump kick into stand kick into Shoryuken into EX focus attack.

I can execute the jump kick and following stand kick link perfectly every time. I can execute the Shoryuken but one of two things happen:

A) The Shoryuken misses Dan by an inch.
B) The Shoryuken is blocked by Dan.

I've tried this one probably 150 times now, maybe more, but have never been able to connect that Shoryuken.

Am I just not doing it fast enough? Or with the right timing? Or is there some sort of hidden technique I'm missing?

Just want to know before I give up on it entirely, because if it's my inability to do the combo quick enough, I'm wasting my time haha..

-Deadpool- said:

I can execute the jump kick and following stand kick link perfectly every time. I can execute the Shoryuken but one of two things happen:

I've tried this one probably 150 times now, maybe more, but have never been able to connect that Shoryuken.

Am I just not doing it fast enough? Or with the right timing? Or is there some sort of hidden technique I'm missing?

Just want to know before I give up on it entirely, because if it's my inability to do the combo quick enough, I'm wasting my time haha..
The shoryu is supposed to be a cancel. If you input the motion fast enough after the standing hard kick, it should come out instantly, instead of having ken recover from the kick.

watch this if you need an idea of how it's supposed to look.

-Deadpool- said:

You have to cancel the kick into the SRK fairly quickly. There's a video for his trials so you can see the timing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK5BSpB-Fns&feature=related (skip to 2:04).

lol beaten

_dementia said:
The shoryu is supposed to be a cancel. If you input the motion fast enough after the standing hard kick, it should come out instantly, instead of having ken recover from the kick.

watch this if you need an idea of how it's supposed to look.

Professor Beef said:
You have to cancel the kick into the SRK fairly quickly. There's a video for his trials so you can see the timing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK5BSpB-Fns&feature=related (skip to 2:04).

lol beaten

Haha, thanks both of you!

Gah, how deflating, so I'm just not doing it quick enough..

_dementia said:
if anything, just practice that one cancel part by itself over and over, and then piece it all together in the end

Thanks, might try it in Training then, though I don't have high hopes. Haven't been able to do it so far and it's not for lack of trying!

MIMIC

Banned
I was bored and was redoing some of the trials....and got to Ryu's #21. Ahhh...the ridiculousness is all coming back to me:

Stand M Punch
EX Focus Cancel
Stand M Punch
EX Focus Cancel
Stand M Punch
Shoryuken

LOL so stupid....and difficult. I wouldn't quit until I finished it (again, lol)

MIMIC said:
I was bored and was redoing some of the trials....and got to Ryu's #21. Ahhh...the ridiculousness is all coming back to me:

Stand M Punch
EX Focus Cancel
Stand M Punch
EX Focus Cancel
Stand M Punch
Shoryuken

LOL so stupid....and difficult. I wouldn't quit until I finished it (again, lol)

I've put in so much time but I have come to the sad conclusion that I just can not do this. I've finished all his other trials, and thought they were actually pretty easy. This on the other hand is just fucking ridiculous. It seems that the last trial for every character is almost never the most difficult.

imprecise! said:
Any noob lobbies going on right now? Tired of getting bent over repeatedly online ;(

I'll be around in a couple hours if you want a match? Doesn't get much more noob than my Ken. 6 online wins from something like 150 played now (over SFIV and SSFIV). Haha..

Kimosabae

Banned
Kadey u streaming tonight? I might hop over to PSN because it seems like the 360 GAF is all Mahvel now. If any PSN peeps wanna play tonight lemme know.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Rice-Eater said:
I've put in so much time but I have come to the sad conclusion that I just can not do this. I've finished all his other trials, and thought they were actually pretty easy. This on the other hand is just fucking ridiculous. It seems that the last trial for every character is almost never the most difficult.
You do know that the game doesn't actually care what combo you do in a trial as long as it features the requires moves in the required order, right?

st mp xx hadouken FADC.

imprecise!

Neo Member
-Deadpool- said:
I'll be around in a couple hours if you want a match? Doesn't get much more noob than my Ken. 6 online wins from something like 150 played now (over SFIV and SSFIV). Haha..

Don't know if I'll be around in a couple hours, but add me anyway if you wanna play some other time. I have around 1700 bp with my Gouken but I lose constantly and I kinda wanna learn some other characters too.

xbl = b0ss cat

(forgot to specify platform last post)

Rice-Eater said:

I took one look and said fuck it lol. I just cheated and threw in the hadokens.

MIMIC

Banned
Hitokage said:
You do know that the game doesn't actually care what combo you do in a trial as long as it features the requires moves in the required order, right?

st mp xx hadouken FADC.

LOL this makes it 100x easier. One try and I did it. Can't believe I tortured myself the original way.

imprecise! said:
Don't know if I'll be around in a couple hours, but add me anyway if you wanna play some other time. I have around 1700 bp with my Gouken but I lose constantly and I kinda wanna learn some other characters too.

xbl = b0ss cat

Bummer, sorry man - PSN.

Rice-Eater said:

if you think Ryu's last trial is easier than this one, I bow to you. My first run through all the trials, I added extra moves to make them easier. I later went back and did them correctly, w/o the added moves, but I have yet to do Ryu's last one. Maybe I should give it a go now.

FindMyFarms said:
I took one look and said fuck it lol. I just cheated and threw in the hadokens.

Did that the first time, too. So much easier. Helps out so much for the last Ryu challenge.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
You know, there's no particular shame in adding extra moves. Capcom actually expected you to do so with Fuerte's last trial.

the_log_ride said:
if you think Ryu's last trial is easier than this one, I bow to you. My first run through all the trials, I added extra moves to make them easier. I later went back and did them correctly, w/o the added moves, but I have yet to do Ryu's last one. Maybe I should give it a go now.

Did that the first time, too. So much easier. Helps out so much for the last Ryu challenge.

It has to be done in the corner and only with a high jump in so you don't cause too much push back. There is one 1 frame link involved, but it's not that big of a deal. Sure I'll probably never be able to do that in a real match, but in training mode I can do it given time.

As for adding inputs. I know about that, I've actually took advantage of it for other characters trials. My problem is that I have a really bad issue going from standing to crouching during combos and doing FADC combos. If it was cr. MP, FADC, and so on, I might have already finished it by now. But doing cr. LP to st. HP is a pain in the ass to me along with using FADC to continue combos. My hands just get all confused, that's why I never do it in matches.

EDIT: LOL, after 10 minutes I just finished it. The last time I tried to do this was probably late last year. I guess I just got lucky this time because I still thought it was a pain in the ass even with fireballs.

Hitokage said:
You know, there's no particular shame in adding extra moves. Capcom actually expected you to do so with Fuerte's last trial.

protip for el feurte RSF, use ex run, it cuts down on the chances that your last fierce punch will be too far away

protip for vipers crazy hp tk cancel into ultra, just do trial 24, its that easy

Kimosabae

Banned
Axis said:
anyone wanna play?

GT: vexco

i can't get the irc chat to load for some reason :/

Dammit, I was looking for you earlier. I've gotten better, I wanted to play you.

Gotta hit the bed now, maybe I'll catch you next time.

El Sloth

Banned
imprecise! said:

xbl = b0ss cat

I wouldn't mind playing you when I've got the time.

GT: Sloth112

Just shoot me a message when you're up for a game or look for me here: http://wbe02.mibbit.com/?server=irc.globalgamers.net&channel=#gafranbats

Axis

Kimosabae said:
Dammit, I was looking for you earlier. I've gotten better, I wanted to play you.

Gotta hit the bed now, maybe I'll catch you next time.

it's ok, i'm still free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom