• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

Damn, people I've played with recently all suck. Is this a result of Marvel taking players? I'm not even that good at sf4. Since endless was full of bad players I tried getting in some ranked and couldn't find anything worth a damn last night. I guess Its time for me to play more mahvel.

El Sloth

Banned
The Take Out Bandit said:
When are you ever online anymore man?

I need to show you the power of Turkish oil wrestling!
Always actually, just not on the Xbox. :p

I have to share one ethernet cable between my 360 and laptop which is why I say to shoot me a message on GAF or hit me up on the IRC channel.

I dont know if I just had a bad day or I was playing against some much better people than me. I dont consider myself good but holy shit that was discouraging.

After getting used to dashing with two attack buttons in MvC3, I wonder how it'd be in SSF4 if you dash in the same manner. You make it HP+HK, and move taunt to select or something. Hmm, but it'd kinda make FADC weird, tapping MP+MK, HP+HK in quick succession.

the_log_ride said:
After getting used to dashing with two attack buttons in MvC3, I wonder how it'd be in SSF4 if you dash in the same manner. You make it HP+HK, and move taunt to select or something. Hmm, but it'd kinda make FADC weird, tapping MP+MK, HP+HK in quick succession.
That sounds awful, to be honest. :/

the_log_ride said:
You wont be able to hold the focus attack if you wanted to.

Edit: I should say it would be awkward that way. The time you change from FA to dash would have to be wide, since essentially you wont be holding FA anymore. It would be likely the FA would happen before the dash.

El Sloth said:
Always actually, just not on the Xbox. :p

I have to share one ethernet cable between my 360 and laptop which is why I say to shoot me a message on GAF or hit me up on the IRC channel.

Would a router help with this problem?

If the answer is yes, shoot me a PM.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Me after raging demon'ing Kadey...

190342_10150106889118883_507353882_6490028_3716382_n.jpg

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
GG to everyone on PS3 tonight...damn I feel rusty as hell with Chun. Too much Marvel lately!

GGS El Sloth.

Damned Makoto messing up my hair! >:|

I also need more practice against Bison too.

I just really wish in the next release / patch the add Easy Operation / Beginner Mode and Arcade / Regular input. I know everybody is tired of hearing it, but I cannot rely on my Oil Slide because of the stupid assistance. :(

El Sloth

Banned
gg's TTOB

I never realized how bad un-oiled Hakan's command grab was until I was right in your face and it still whiffed. Goddamn.

You could have beaten my Bison if you were just more patient. I was baiting you to oil slide.

Still, your Hakan is really annoying to play against. Especially with that anti-air ultra. I mean annoying in the best possible way though. ;)

El Sloth said:
gg's TTOB

I never realized how bad un-oiled Hakan's command grab was until I was right in your face and it still whiffed. Goddamn.

Yeah, this is why I want AE. Stackable Oil!? YESPLZ!

You could have beaten my Bison if you were just more patient. I was baiting you to oil slide.

I fail at patience. D:

Still, your Hakan is really annoying to play against. Especially with that anti-air ultra. I mean annoying in the best possible way though. ;)

You like'a the OCH? I give you the OCH. :p

Satyamdas

Banned
The Take Out Bandit said:
I just really wish in the next release / patch the add Easy Operation / Beginner Mode and Arcade / Regular input. I know everybody is tired of hearing it, but I cannot rely on my Oil Slide because of the stupid assistance. :(
I know everyone gives you shit for this, but I got your back. Now I'm no execution monster, I can barely do Dhalsim's BnB combos reliably, but I swear for whatever reason Hakan's shortcuts seem extra bad. It's no wonder that they specifically mentioned fixing his inputs for AE.

And I agree they are just TOO FUCKING LENIENT in general. I mean if I block a crossup as Sim, and I try to do a simple back+lk, I will get an accidental Yoga Blast if I happen to touch the down back input anywhere within like a 1.5 seconds range. The buffer is just way too large, and the shortcut too great. I have a lot of beefs with certain ultras and certain characters that are just too goddamn ez mode and can land their ultras 2687 different ways, but the input system being too lenient is my #1 gripe with the game. I can even live with 19 frame reversal windows, but the input shit just boils my piss.

I fully admit that my beef stems from my own terrible execution.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Shoutouts to Upyourgame. Magneto Maniac, Jewelman, Hav and Mosh's crew whom helped me get my stream looking MUCH better. :)

cackhyena

I went to the stream not long after I saw you post it was up. All it was was a 4 minute archive or something. I missed the short party.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
The only raging demon is in your pants! What? You think you are some Asian Jordan now? I bet I can beat you in basketball.

You would know about the pants thing.

Asian Jordan? lol. You probably could beat me in basketball. You beat me off in everything else... Except fighting games.

MarkMan said:

Asian Jordan? lol. You probably could beat me in basketball. You beat me off in everything else... Except fighting games.

LOL!!!! Almost made me spit out my drink damnit

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MarkMan said:

Okay Yajirobe! Maybe anything that doesn't have SF or Marvel in it. -=throws arcade stick=-

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
cackhyena said:
I went to the stream not long after I saw you post it was up. All it was was a 4 minute archive or something. I missed the short party.

Uh yeah. About that. My PC died. Literally. So I had to revive it and the fun started again. PSN GAF got blown up by some random Guile last night. He was doing scrubby tactics but he was very good at it. He knew when to air grab, wake up flash kick, sonic boom followed by sweep, etc.

Kinda sucks that I learned to do all that stuff with streaming but now I have to reformat on a new drive.

USD

BotoxAgent said:
so what's up with Daigo? There's hardly any Yun footage of him floating around. Is he taking a break?
He's definitely not taking a break. Only person above 100K BP right now, and about 1000 more matches played than the next person.

Code:
 1位/ BP 105213 U.MASTER 3857wins/4605m winingPCT 83.76% うめはら(Daigo)/ユン(Yun) 
 2位/ BP /90497 G.MASTER 2934wins/3619m winingPCT 81.07% かずのこ(Kazunoko)/ユン(Yun) 
 3位/ BP /90374 G.MASTER 2174wins/2678m winingPCT 81.18% マゴ(Mago2dGod)/フェイロン(Fei Long) 
 4位/ BP /70141 G.MASTER 2938wins/3638m winingPCT 80.76% ネ○(Nemo)/ヤン(Yang) 
 5位/ BP /62391 G.MASTER 1427wins/1668m winingPCT 85.55% マイケルたん(Michaeltan)/ケン(Ken) 
 6位/ BP /61845 G.MASTER 1194wins/1440m winingPCT 82.92% MDR/ユン(Yun) 
 7位/ BP /59672 G.MASTER 1772wins/2353m winingPCT 75.31% ШおじさんШ(Ojisanboy)/ヤン(Yang) 
 8位/ BP /57156 G.MASTER 1573wins/1904m winingPCT 82.62% 金デヴ(Kindev)/ユン(Yun) 
 9位/ BP /56274 G.MASTER 1280wins/1523m winingPCT 84.04% 伊予(Iyo)/いぶき(Ibuki) 
 10位 BP /54708 G.MASTER 1209wins/1497m winingPCT 80.76% wa75842(Haitani)/まこと(Makoto) 
 11位 BP /53519 G.MASTER 1573wins/1969m winingPCT 79.89% 猫舌(Nekojita)/アベル(Abel) 
 12位 BP /53047 G.MASTER 1531wins/2052m winingPCT 74.61% 赤眼龍(Sekiganryu)/リュウ(Ryu) 
 13位 BP /53036 G.MASTER  788wins/1114m winingPCT 70.74% ふ~(Food)/フェイロン(Fei Long) 
 14位 BP /52825 G.MASTER 1987wins/2812m winingPCT 70.66% さーちゃん(Saachan)/ユン(Yun) 
 15位 BP /52022 G.MASTER  859wins/1000m winingPCT 85.90% なるお(Yuru)/フェイロン(Fei Long) 
 16位 BP /51186 G.MASTER 1152wins/1647m winingPCT 69.95% 生駒デビル(Dogura)/ベカ(Dictator) 
 17位 BP /50416 G.MASTER 1381wins/1861m winingPCT 74.21% dath/C.ヴァイパー(C.Viper) 
 18位 BP /49954 G.MASTER  949wins/1355m winingPCT 70.04% Radiowave(電波)/フェイロン(Fei Long) 
 19位 BP /49490 G.MASTER 1749wins/2103m winingPCT 83.17% TOKIDO(Murder Face)/豪鬼(Akuma) 
 20位 BP /49232 G.MASTER 1013wins/1143m winingPCT 88.63% うりょ(Uryo)/さくら(Sakura)

Satyamdas said:
I know everyone gives you shit for this, but I got your back. Now I'm no execution monster, I can barely do Dhalsim's BnB combos reliably, but I swear for whatever reason Hakan's shortcuts seem extra bad. It's no wonder that they specifically mentioned fixing his inputs for AE.

And I agree they are just TOO FUCKING LENIENT in general. I mean if I block a crossup as Sim, and I try to do a simple back+lk, I will get an accidental Yoga Blast if I happen to touch the down back input anywhere within like a 1.5 seconds range. The buffer is just way too large, and the shortcut too great. I have a lot of beefs with certain ultras and certain characters that are just too goddamn ez mode and can land their ultras 2687 different ways, but the input system being too lenient is my #1 gripe with the game. I can even live with 19 frame reversal windows, but the input shit just boils my piss.

I fully admit that my beef stems from my own terrible execution.

I freaking hate when this happens! I get blown the fuck up when this happens, and I try my best to keep it from happening.

cackhyena

Kadey said:
Uh yeah. About that. My PC died. Literally. So I had to revive it and the fun started again. PSN GAF got blown up by some random Guile last night. He was doing scrubby tactics but he was very good at it. He knew when to air grab, wake up flash kick, sonic boom followed by sweep, etc.

Kinda sucks that I learned to do all that stuff with streaming but now I have to reformat on a new drive.

Geez, that's a bummer. Well, I'll get in on one of them soon enough, I suppose.

Rocwell

Professor Beef said:
Good games last night Rocwell. Seeing you massacre that player before our last FT3 was hilarious!
Thanks, it almost made up for the mollywhoppin' you gave me last night.

Hey Joe and Farms, were you guys still interested in money matches with Samurai and Chow this weekend at FR?

If so i'll give em a heads up to look for you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom