• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dragonballjoseph said:
You're a subscriber? :O

Also Joe, I plan on streaming GAF casuals. So whomever room we use for causals, I hope there is an ethernet port. D=

So so far it's: Me, Joe, Chaotix, hitokage, and vex (lol)
Unless Markman wants to also drop by and handout some free sticks! =O
I think markman is going. Madcatz is supposed to be doing promos.

eva01

dragonballjoseph said:
You're a subscriber? :O

Also Joe, I plan on streaming GAF casuals. So whomever room we use for causals, I hope there is an ethernet port. D=

So so far it's: Me, Joe, Chaotix, hitokage, and vex (lol)
Unless Markman wants to also drop by and handout some free sticks! =O

I want a free stick

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
You know I'll be at Final Round. I get in on Saturday morning. Visit me at the Mad Catz booth!

----

I think this is pretty neat/newsworthy for our crowd...

First UK directed urbn comedy, along the lines of Friday... Titled "Anuvahood" !

Here is the movie poster:

5513869828_11eb632942_o.jpg

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
how do I win with balrog ._O?

My absolute worst matchup is against super-ultra-turtling guiles. They give me ulcurs

Corky said:
how do I win with balrog ._O?

My absolute worst matchup is against super-ultra-turtling guiles. They give me ulcurs

You have to lame it out. Creep in when you have the chance. Block sonic booms as you're going in since they do very little chip damage. Once you're in, unleash the beast.

Other tips:
Jump only for a purpose. (ex. jumping over a sonic boom to punch his bitchass face in and get dat damage).

When lp dash punching, know the spacing to make them safe.

Use EX dash punch when they use a non EX sonic boom.

Standing fierce punch is a beast against him (within range and proper spacing).

That's all I can think of right now. *going to lunch* :)

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
black_vegeta said:
You have to lame it out. Creep in when you have the chance. Block sonic booms as you're going in since they do very little chip damage. Once you're in, unleash the beast.

Other tips:
Jump only for a purpose. (ex. jumping over a sonic boom to punch his bitchass face in and get dat damage).

When lp dash punching, know the spacing to make them safe.

Use EX dash punch when they use a non EX sonic boom.

Standing fierce punch is a beast against him (within range and proper spacing).

That's all I can think of right now. *going to lunch* :)

cheers! Will incorporate in database

Well I did it folks, I booked my flight for Vegas from July 27th to August the 1st. I'll be attending with my girlfriend so unfortunately I may not get to play as much as I wanted to but hopefully it'll still be a very fun weekend. I can't wait to experience for the first time live after watching so many great matches from youtube and streams over the years.

As of right now I will only be participating in SSF4. It's my main game and practically the only video game that I've been playing for the past 2 years(beginning with SF4 of course). I may give Marvel a shot if I eventually pick it up. I haven't touched it since the 1st week. I do enjoy watching the game so I guess I should give it another chance.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Rice-Eater said:
Well I did it folks, I booked my flight for Vegas from July 27th to August the 1st. I'll be attending with my girlfriend so unfortunately I may not get to play as much as I wanted to but hopefully it'll still be a very fun weekend. I can't wait to experience for the first time live after watching so many great matches from youtube and streams over the years.

As of right now I will only be participating in SSF4. It's my main game and practically the only video game that I've been playing for the past 2 years(beginning with SF4 of course). I may give Marvel a shot if I eventually pick it up. I haven't touched it since the 1st week. I do enjoy watching the game so I guess I should give it another chance.

I'll be there to watch you win the whole thing.

Okay, once again I ran into a case of the online mode in this game making me look like a bigger idiot monkey than I actually am.

In a match I tried to oil slide, not once, not twice, but three times. Each time I got the F+HP attack.

I log out, go into training mode, oh look! I'm doing oil slides with NO PROBLEM.

Hand on a stack of bibles, or whatever book you find holy, I don't understand how this game handles the online portion - but it combined with my own meager skills and passion to become the best Hakan EVERRRR is making me look bad. It just frustrates the living hell out of me online. D:

Complaint mode off - is it really necessary to to DC with Hakan after you FA and apply the OCH to some sucker? I'm experimenting with it in training mode and Honda falls right on it from FAOCH and I switch to Cammy and she also hits the FAOCH.

Any Hokan players care to confirm? Or is there some parameter I'm unaware of in which it is optimal to add the DC in there?

Happy Phantom said:
I'm a nobody here but I'm probably gonna be there as well. Hope I can meet you and wish luck to a much better player than I!

I'm pretty much a nobody myself. I can do some combos, but I get my ass kicked all the time. But yeah I'm down for a GAF meet up if there is one. The only GAF'er I've met in person in Hitokage, it'd be great to meet more. Oh and thanks for the support guys, hopefully more of you guys can come.

Satyamdas

Banned
The Take Out Bandit said:
Complaint mode off - is it really necessary to to DC with Hakan after you FA and apply the OCH to some sucker? I'm experimenting with it in training mode and Honda falls right on it from FAOCH and I switch to Cammy and she also hits the FAOCH.

Any Hokan players care to confirm? Or is there some parameter I'm unaware of in which it is optimal to add the DC in there?
I'm fairly certain you don't need to dash cancel after FA crumple for them to land on OCH, but that the dashing is done purely through force of habit in case the FA is blocked. Other than a level 3, you don't want to assume your FA will connect and not dash, because that leaves you wide open for any number of damaging counters. So dashing before using OCH is just done out of habit with the added benefit of having near 0 chance of doing the ultra too late.

Thoughts go out to all the Japanese Street Fighter players. Hope they are ok. Daigo, Tokido, Sako, Mago, Momochi, Choco Blanka and many others.

Tokido is currently in the us, for FR, right?

Anyways, hope all those guys over there are ok. Plus all the other gaffers from japan. Say strong!

Satyamdas said:
I'm fairly certain you don't need to dash cancel after FA crumple for them to land on OCH, but that the dashing is done purely through force of habit in case the FA is blocked. Other than a level 3, you don't want to assume your FA will connect and not dash, because that leaves you wide open for any number of damaging counters. So dashing before using OCH is just done out of habit with the added benefit of having near 0 chance of doing the ultra too late.

Now you're confusing me again.

Dashing after a Focus Attack has some sort of invincibility / invulnerability against counters? What's the limit on this?

Three challenges left until all the useless Hokan knowledge IS COMPLETE! :D

Satyamdas

Banned
The Take Out Bandit said:
Now you're confusing me again.

Dashing after a Focus Attack has some sort of invincibility / invulnerability against counters? What's the limit on this?
No, it isn't that you are invincible, it's that if they block a focus attack they are in block stun so it is safe for you to dash forward -- unless you are Dhalsim >:|

If they block a focus attack and you don't cancel into a dash, then you will be vulnerable when their block stun ends and you are still recovering from your focus attack.

Some characters recover faster/slower from blocked FA's than others, but I'm pretty sure that almost all of them are unsafe if not dash cancelled.

I think my Dictator is coming along nicely...RTSD!!! Grant it, theres ALOT I need to know and learn from matchups. Also, how to avoid of getting crossed up to death. Dictator can't rule the world when he's getting pressured like a corner hooker. >:-|

And for the love of God, I can't nail the c.lk x3/4 for the life of me.

Satyamdas

Banned
black_vegeta said:
I think my Dictator is coming along nicely...RTSD!!! Grant it, theres ALOT I need to know and learn from matchups. Also, how to avoid of getting crossed up to death. Dictator can't rule the world when he's getting pressured like a corner hooker. >:-|

And for the love of God, I can't nail the c.lk x3/4 for the life of me.
Do what every other braindead Shrimpson player does. EX Headstomp/EX PC outta there.

Terrible choice for a second character, BV. I don't approve. >:|

Satyamdas said:
Do what every other braindead Shrimpson player does. EX Headstomp/EX PC outta there.

Terrible choice for a second character, BV. I don't approve. >:|
LOL, Shadowloo fah lyfe!!! *Dictator cheezing grin*

I've been experimenting with ex headstomp as an escape. That shit is not too reliable depending on the positioning on of the other player. Sometimes I would land right next to him and eat a fat combo. EX purp, seems to produce better results. I got to study some films and see what the pros do.

Satyamdas said:
No, it isn't that you are invincible, it's that if they block a focus attack they are in block stun so it is safe for you to dash forward -- unless you are Dhalsim >:|

If they block a focus attack and you don't cancel into a dash, then you will be vulnerable when their block stun ends and you are still recovering from your focus attack.

Some characters recover faster/slower from blocked FA's than others, but I'm pretty sure that almost all of them are unsafe if not dash cancelled.

Ah okay, got it.

I'm sort of aware of that, even if I'm not keen on the FA system. :p

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Rice-Eater said:
Well I did it folks, I booked my flight for Vegas from July 27th to August the 1st. I'll be attending with my girlfriend so unfortunately I may not get to play as much as I wanted to but hopefully it'll still be a very fun weekend.
NO. You're doing it wrong. Hotel room casuals are where it's at.

Rice-Eater said:

I play on going to Evo. My wife plans on coming with me as well. However, I keep telling her that there's going to be tons of standing around and such. Also, me possibly doing some casuals in a room or something. I want to go by myself honestly so I want have to worry about her. If she comes, I'll make the most of it.

Rice-Eater said:

I know it's still early, but godspeed to you. Let us all help you train for the big event.

Crisis

Banned
Sorry to bust up the EVO talk, but does anyone have any tips on how to get better at doing FADC? I AM practicing, I know that much at least. But it doesn't seem like I'm getting any better at it.

Best advice is to make sure you're holding down MP + MK for as long as you need to get the dash out. At first, I kept releasing too early and getting EX focus attack instead. Practice that, even holding down longer than you think necessary if it ensures you get the dash part out and then adjust your timing once you get it consistently.

MIMIC

Banned
Shout outs to NEOGAF! w00t

EDIT: Ricky Ortiz just whooped Mike Ross and Combofiend....and Filipino Champ

Bananna Ken beats Marn (in a match where the momentum switched like crazy to and from both players)....and then beats Air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom