• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hitokage said:
NO. You're doing it wrong. Hotel room casuals are where it's at.

To make a short story even shorter, it's a long distance relationship. I don't get to see her much and this is a chance to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Spend time with my girl and my very first EVO experience. Although you're right, I probably wont' get the full EVO experience.

black_vegeta said:
I play on going to Evo. My wife plans on coming with me as well. However, I keep telling her that there's going to be tons of standing around and such. Also, me possibly doing some casuals in a room or something. I want to go by myself honestly so I want have to worry about her. If she comes, I'll make the most of it.

I told my girl the same thing. I said I'll definitely make time for just to two of us. But when I'm at the event, I may not give her my attention much and instead be watching and trying to get in some matches. We've still never played on Live. If a GAF meet up happens, I'd love to get a chance to play you and the others in person.

the_log_ride said:
I know it's still early, but godspeed to you. Let us all help you train for the big event.

Thanks I really appreciate it. At this point, I just want to not go 0-2, which happens all the time at my local tourney's. But with EVO being so huge, there has to be at least 1 person there worse then me, and hopefully I play him just so I can get a win at EVO under my belt. But again, thanks. The closer it gets to EVO, the more time I'll probably spend playing online so expect to see me more in the near future.

Rice-Eater said:
Thanks I really appreciate it. At this point, I just want to not go 0-2, which happens all the time at my local tourney's. But with EVO being so huge, there has to be at least 1 person there worse then me, and hopefully I play him just so I can get a win at EVO under my belt. But again, thanks. The closer it gets to EVO, the more time I'll probably spend playing online so expect to see me more in the near future.

You'll be fine.

I was just going off SF2 reflexes last year when I beat my first opponent in a SF4 tournament.

Got knocked out in the following round:

- Was using whatever controllers were there, stick I ended up on had cursed octagonal gate.
- Dude that beat me went on to the finals, so even if it wasn't an octagonal gate I probably would have gotten schooled anyhow.

Have fun. Bottom line.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
alright guys, who's up for a gaflobby on xbl? I'll be idling in training mode / random online stuff until somebody hits me up via friend request or w/e

please don't let me be *foreveralone.jpg*

edit : a gamertag might help.... GT : corcy100

Corky said:
alright guys, who's up for a gaflobby on xbl? I'll be idling in training mode / random online stuff until somebody hits me up via friend request or w/e

please don't let me be *foreveralone.jpg*

edit : a gamertag might help.... GT : corcy100

I'll try a few matches.

Edit: lol Well that ended badly. :p

ggs

Just be careful with the constant aggression. When I'm playing with a character I can use it's a little easier to punish people that absolutely insist on being in my face. :p

hertog

ok I'm sure this is answered already, but a quick question. I've heard a rumor that SSFIV AE won't be coming out on consoles. Is this true?

Corky

The Take Out Bandit said:
I'll try a few matches.

Edit: lol Well that ended badly. :p

ggs,

Just be careful with the constant aggression. When I'm playing with a character I can use it's a little easier to punish people that absolutely insist on being in my face. :p

:eek: what happenend? ggs, I did actually have to go eat if that was what you were referring to. Also I'm never angry when playing friends & gaffers, only random online jerks :3.

Anywho I'm back so lets try to get a healthy lobby going!

Corky said:
:eek: what happenend? ggs, I did actually have to go eat if that was what you were referring to. Also I'm never angry when playing friends & gaffers, only random online jerks :3.

Anywho I'm back so lets try to get a healthy lobby going!

No, no. I meant ended badly in that perfect on my Adon. ;)

I don't mean angry emotionally, I mean in aggressive, are the kids these days calling it rushdown(?), play style.

I just changed the cat little and vacuumed. I'll sign back on for more beatings. D:

Corky

No, no. I meant ended badly in that perfect on my Adon. ;)

I don't mean angry emotionally, I mean in aggressive, are the kids these days calling it rushdown(?), play style.

I just changed the cat little and vacuumed. I'll sign back on for more beatings. D:

oh haha my bad xD, I'll to some weekendtidying aswell and long in a wee bit later <3

Corky said:
oh haha my bad xD, I'll to some weekendtidying aswell and long in a wee bit later <3

Sorry for the miscommunication.

Argh! Post here if you're on tomorrow. I'm going to head over to a buddy's house to see if my shiny retrofitted PS3 stick works.

Yay! Local Hokan matches! Maybe. If stick works. :p

Sorry for the miscommunication.

Argh! Post here if you're on tomorrow. I'm going to head over to a buddy's house to see if my shiny retrofitted PS3 stick works.

Yay! Local Hokan matches! Maybe. If stick works. :p
I call him Earl :^)

Corky

I feel dirty :( played some ranked. I feel sorry for those I won against, they kept losing like 90+ pp all the time, and as soon as I lost I lost 1pp :I

So whats the PP "ceiling"? I think I hit like 3000 pp since I started playing today with like 1000pp, it seems like 4000pp seem to be what "most" people are at.

hertog said:
ok I'm sure this is answered already, but a quick question. I've heard a rumor that SSFIV AE won't be coming out on consoles. Is this true?

We haven't heard yet officially, but it's more likely that we'll see AE on consoles than not.

Yo, Kadey, thanks for the pizza!

Threi

notag
4k is average?

...damn. That means I fought my way to "average" once and never got it again...and wound up struggling to just stay "below average"

feelsbadman.gif

4k pp is definately not average, 4k bp? yea sure

that being said, neither indicator is a perfect indicator of skill. Some guys who were doing C to shining C had 8-10k pp and less than 1k bp. Some people who have 8-10k bp with ken or ryu or totally free. Dont put too much stock in it.

When I play guys with 2,500-3,000 PP, they're normally close to my level. When they're over 4,000+ PP, I normally get my ass kicked(when they're playing there main). Basically it doesn't mean everything, but most of the time, PP is a good indicator of how good your opponent is. At least in my experience.

LakeEarth

If I'm playing my mains I've reached ~4300pp, but sometimes I just want to pick random which has dropped me down to ~2400pp before.

DR2K

Banned
Playing Marvel 3 has done wonders for my execution in SSFIV. It's crazy how rarely I'm dropping combos I struggled with. Can't play as Chun, Viper, Ryu or Akuma though just doesn't feel right. Especially Viper, the TK input switch is a total mind fuck.

vulva

Rice-Eater said:
I'm pretty much a nobody myself. I can do some combos, but I get my ass kicked all the time. But yeah I'm down for a GAF meet up if there is one. The only GAF'er I've met in person in Hitokage, it'd be great to meet more. Oh and thanks for the support guys, hopefully more of you guys can come.
Assuming I can make it there, it sounds like we'll be in similar positions :p I'd be going with my gf as well. Maybe we can brochill while they change tampons and talk about hating men.

Corky

on the subject of balrogs pressure game.

On jumpins : when is it appropriate to use j.HK contra j.HP?

Wow @ you all with thousands of PP..

I can't break 300..

Mate of mine has picked up the game. Similar level of ability and we have some extremely close matches so hopefully I'll be able to improve this way. Given up on the Ken challenges as #10 is impossible for me and online I just get my arse handed to me by everyone, so at least I'll get a bit more life out of the game now.

Threi said:
4k is average?

...damn. That means I fought my way to "average" once and never got it again...and wound up struggling to just stay "below average"

feelsbadman.gif

Definitely not average across the board.

Okay, did some testing at Sea Manky's yesterday and I need a damned explanation for some normal throw shenanigans. I've experienced it online and chalked it up to lag, but it happened yesterday in a local match and it's baffling.

Manky was crouch blocking, I was next to him and input the normal throw command and it whiffed. What gives? I'm wondering if this is a Hokan specific issue since I wasn't oiled up, but I don't have any problem with standing throws when not oiled.

The good news is we played a bunch of SSF2 Deviant Art Remix and everything still worked the way I remember. :D

I'm going to EVO, bu I don't think I'll enter SSF4. I haven't had the game for 3 months and I just realized I don't know how much stun/damage my combos do or what all my punishes are anymore. The last time I played 4 was AE in Milpitas, and that's not even the same game.

I'll probably just enter Marvel 3 and Mortal Kombat, and see if I can get a Jojo side tournament going on SRK. If they swap to AE for EVO, I might enter as Yang or Oni instead of Dudley, though.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Hopefully they announce another 2 characters to come to consoles because with Oni and E.Ryu spoiled the hype is kinda diminished.

hitsugi

Conceited said:
Hopefully they announce another 2 characters to come to consoles because with Oni and E.Ryu spoiled the hype is kinda diminished.

to be honest the whole 6 month+ wait for a console version combined with next to no discussion of it at all have killed the hype

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
hitsugi said:
to be honest the whole 6 month+ wait for a console version combined with next to no discussion of it at all have killed the hype

Yeah for sure, but if they had kept E. Ryu and Oni secret until the console AE announcement they would have had a lot more hype going into it.

Conceited said:
Yeah for sure, but if they had kept E. Ryu and Oni secret until the console AE announcement they would have had a lot more hype going into it.

I'd rather know they're wasting two character slots now than later.

Lame alt. versions of characters shouldn't cheat players out of a perfectly usable character spot. :D

And it better be a free patch, I want my more functional Hokan! >:|

ggs Mimic, oh god my ass hurts!

With the DLC, would we be able to face the characters despite not buying them? Of course, if everything is rebalanced, my question is answered.

MIMIC

Banned
I did Fuerte's c.MK loop for the first time in a match. :) I can do it 3 times in training mode but that shit is HELLA hard on a pad (and hard in general).

KS Seven X said:
With the DLC, would we be able to face the characters despite not buying them? Of course, if everything is rebalanced, my question is answered.

Yes.

Arc System Works already did this with BlazBlue: Continuum Shift. You download a patch, which is the character, and if you play other persons with the character it will appear. If you want to use the character, it's basically like on disk DLC at that point and you need to pay to unlock it. :p

MIMIC said:
I did Fuerte's c.MK loop for the first time in a match. :) I can do it 3 times in training mode but that shit is HELLA hard on a pad (and hard in general).

To hell with that jumping bean! >:|

He's as bad as Vega for me, as I never know where in the hell he's going to be hitting me.

Thought of ttob when I saw this.
Ps67ul.jpg

Dexa

Banned
after watching streams i was looking forward to play the game again
then i remembered the unbalance online
back to mvc till ae :)

Imm0rt4l

Dexa said:
after watching streams i was looking forward to play the game again
then i remembered the unbalance online
back to mvc till ae
:)

wait wut? Are you referring to skill the skill gap? Or are you really saying mahvel is more balanced?

Shito

Just read that on ipw:

"..Korea’s Game Rating Board rated Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition with Capcom Korea listed as the publisher. What’s interesting about the rating is Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition was actually rated twice. Capcom Korea usually does this for PS3/Xbox 360 multiplatform releases such as Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Resident Evil 5 (listed as Biohazard 5), and Super Street Fighter IV (the regular version). In the case of PC ports, like Dead Rising 2, Capcom Korea files three ratings."
Sorry if this was already posted.

koene

Somebody up for a fight right now? I'm pretty new to the whole SSF4 scene, so no super high level players please (psn: krotekoene)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom