• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocwell

Professor Beef said:
I'm a big fan of JuiceBox, but what the fuck?
I had a post written up defending this as gallows humor thinking he was saying Daigo couldn't save Japan, then I realized he was saying he had died which is... in poor taste.

Well the Revelations tournament that's going on in SoCal is back. The first one got overrun by a lot of angry people because it's on the same weekend as CEO. But it's nice to see that it's back and hopefully will be moderated so that it doesn't turn into a bitch fest. What's most interesting about it is that it has a shit ton of guaranteed money.

SSF4 has the biggest pot because it was the biggest game when the tournament was announced although I must admit it looks like the tides are turning, but I won't get into that. But anyways it's good to see how great the pay out can be with sponsors on board. With a prize like that I'm fully expecting at least a couple of Japanese players to show up and take the money. Should be a great tournament for the west coast in preparation for EVO.

_dementia said:
Same week as CEO... does that mean it's the same week as E3?
yeah.

people are pissed about revo being the same week as the florida tourney because the florida tourney was advertised set up paid for and pretty much 100% ready long in advance...revo decides to step on a florida tourney (for the 2nd year in a row) by just dropping their event looking at E3 as a source of entrants (which we all know isnt happening) instead of looking at the event calendar and avoiding stepping on the exact same people they stepped on last time. this event has also once again split the player pool

Satyamdas said:
They buffed standing fierce as an AA in AE, so you have that to look forward to, at least!

From the Hokan board at SRK:

Woowoooo!

haunts said:
I wrote it up a long time ago. We'll be making heavy revisions if/when AE comes to console though.

If you want revisions / additions over time, I'd be willing to contribute corrections / supplemental findings. I find the lack of faith in the power of virgin olive oil is disturbing. >:|

AkumaHokoru said:
yeah.

people are pissed about revo being the same week as the florida tourney because the florida tourney was advertised set up paid for and pretty much 100% ready long in advance...revo decides to step on a florida tourney (for the 2nd year in a row) by just dropping their event looking at E3 as a source of entrants (which we all know isnt happening) instead of looking at the event calendar and avoiding stepping on the exact same people they stepped on last time. this event has also once again split the player pool

Seems like those dudes didn't give a damn about CEO when planning. Just sucks, because I believe majors shouldn't run over each other like. They should work together.

Kajiba

Giving Cody a break.

Gonna start learning Dudley properly now. Never really sat down and played with him in matches or anything. Its gonna be fun.

In an interview I just saw with Filipino Champ and Ricky O., they said that ChinaTown Fair has a new name and location...anyone know where it's located and the name?

I'm headed out to Brooklyn tonight for 5 days.

Hmmm, I used to go to a place (LAN center) called next level in Brooklyn. I heard the place went belly up. Did they partner up or something or is this just coincidence?

for the last time that isnt the new CF. Next level is Next Level

CF will be reopening next week in the same location (they apparently worked out a deal with the landlord)

AkumaHokoru said:

CF will be reopening next week in the same location (they apparently worked out a deal with the landlord)

Awesome sauce, right after I come back home. :/

Imm0rt4l

Air says his source is saying gill is the next unlock for AE, and has an ultra that's both unblockable and 700 damage, but he is skeptical. I don't believe it.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Imm0rt4l said:
Air says his source is saying gill is the next unlock for AE, and has an ultra that's both unblockable and 700 damage, but he is skeptical. I don't believe it.
April 1 is in two weeks....

Imm0rt4l said:

I don't believe it but I'm all for it. Bring on the most broken character ever in the history of Capcom fighting games.

Is Gill the only fighting game character this side of Yaranaika that straight up says he's gonna rape you?

Who has more dignity, Gill or Dudley?

It would make sense if they did Urien and Gill, like they did Yun/Yang.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
Imm0rt4l said:
If Capcom's going to add two more characters and fill out the select screen, I'd guess we're getting Urien and Gill since they're a two-for-one like Yun and Yang.

El Sloth

Banned
AkumaHokoru said:

Whaaaaaat, that's awesome!

knee

Rice-Eater said:
Well the Revelations tournament that's going on in SoCal is back. The first one got overrun by a lot of angry people because it's on the same weekend as CEO. But it's nice to see that it's back and hopefully will be moderated so that it doesn't turn into a bitch fest. What's most interesting about it is that it has a shit ton of guaranteed money.

SSF4 has the biggest pot because it was the biggest game when the tournament was announced although I must admit it looks like the tides are turning, but I won't get into that. But anyways it's good to see how great the pay out can be with sponsors on board. With a prize like that I'm fully expecting at least a couple of Japanese players to show up and take the money. Should be a great tournament for the west coast in preparation for EVO.

LOL @ $50 per entrant-- do you REALLY think the money is guaranteed? There's no way that they're not banking HARD on people showing up to make up the difference.

Imm0rt4l

Professor Beef said:
I hope he's trolling. You know what, he's probably trolling. Yeah, definitely.
I think if anything his friend may be trolling him, if not than I would assume that gill could be the overpowered character that ono was talking about and not the twins. I don't believe this rumor though, just thought I'd share.

rivals

I'm finally dedicating time to really getting good at SF after telling myself I was going to ever since vanilla SF4 came out and burning myself out on a few different ocassions trying to get down execution (once when I first got a stick and again shortly after Super came out but I really didn't have the time to focus on a fighting game). Wanted a good rushdown character to try so I picked up Rufus and god damn this 1 frame link is going to kill me. After a few nights of practice (I don't have a ton of time this week) I think I'm above 50-60% hitting it of just the s.lk, s.hp link but I'm trying to get it down where I can do it 10x in a row before adding more to it since I'm trying to build up to his bnb in small sections. Bah. Not to mention all of the streams lately which is awesome and I love watching but it eats into my practice time :)

knee said:
LOL @ $50 per entrant-- do you REALLY think the money is guaranteed? There's no way that they're not banking HARD on people showing up to make up the difference.

How is that different that any other major? We pay $50 just to be able to play in EVO. Final Round just happened this past weekend. That was $50 total for at least one game if you paid at the door or as cheap as $35 or 40 depending on how early you registered. Basically if the turn out isn't as great as they had hoped for and the winners don't get paid the amount that they promised, then we have a issue. But the venue/game fee total isn't one of them because it's pretty similar to what we're seeing in most Majors.

Imm0rt4l said:
Give me Rolento or give me death!

Although this game needs more guys in speedos.

vg260

DjangoReinhardt said:
If Capcom's going to add two more characters and fill out the select screen, I'd guess we're getting Urien and Gill since they're a two-for-one like Yun and Yang.

Ew. Not digging the new character adds so far, so this would seal this deal for me not being interested in this update and wanting to stick w/ Super.

2&2 said:
Ew. Not digging the new character adds so far, so this would seal this deal for me not being interested in this update and wanting to stick w/ Super.

So are you going to be one of those hold outs when AE(or whatever it's called) comes out on console? I actually played some SF4 yesterday, and found that there are still quite a number of people playing that version and maybe only that version. Some of them weren't bad at all either. So they're taking the game serious, but not moving on to the new iteration. The funny thing is that 2 of these guys sent me a friends request, and I accepted even though I may not play them again for a while or ever again.

As for Urien/Gill, I could see that happening. They already have Seth's model as the base. And many of his normals were taken from Gill/Urien so it shouldn't take near the amount of time it would have taken to do characters from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom