• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Sort of surprised there still aren't any proper tier lists for AE. Figured the Japanese would've come out with something by now at least.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Lost Fragment said:
Sort of surprised there still aren't any proper tier lists for AE. Figured the Japanese would've come out with something by now at least.

Did you miss when Daigo, Mago and Tokido did their tier lists for Arcadia?

Rocwell

Professor Beef said:
I can just imagine what Ono would stick on him. Maybe something insane like canceling a DP into another DP for free.
Give ken his crazy kicks back!

Gill in this game would be pointless. There's already 7 boss characters in the game plus Oni and E.Ryu on the way. I don't think his moveset would translate that well into this engine anyhow.
Hell they could barely animate his hair in 2d, I'm almost afraid to see what it would look like in 3d. I think there's a reason why Seth is bald :lol

We need more 3rd strike characters but this isn't the way to go. Bring on Alex, Elena, Q, Urien, Oro, Hugo, Sean!

I think Tokido is confirmed for Revelations. He said in this interview that he's going to attend a event in Cali. Revelations and NorCal Regionals are taking place just one week apart. But I'm guessing he's going to attend the tournament with the supposed 20k pay out for SSF4 instead.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SygacityGamers#p/u/4/VNr-Bz_IwrU

Another interesting note is that he says that Japan hates AE because Yun is too good(and he admits to hating Yun himself).

Rice-Eater said:
Another interesting note is that he says that Japan hates AE because Yun is too good(and he admits to hating Yun himself).
The Wednesday before Final Round, Tokido was hanging out at a dude's apartment down here. And he told them that the game was broken and hated it for a good while.

vg260

Rice-Eater said:
So are you going to be one of those hold outs when AE(or whatever it's called) comes out on console? I actually played some SF4 yesterday, and found that there are still quite a number of people playing that version and maybe only that version. Some of them weren't bad at all either. So they're taking the game serious, but not moving on to the new iteration. The funny thing is that 2 of these guys sent me a friends request, and I accepted even though I may not play them again for a while or ever again..

Dunno, maybe. I like the variety in Super and think it's pretty well balanced. I'm pretty satisfied with it. I hate when there's obviously one or two much better characters than everyone else. I'm not happy about some of the nerfs I thought were extreme. I play Guile and Rose (not nearly as bad). A lot of changes seeming unnecessary combined with adding two new characters who are shoulders above the rest, doesn't sit well with me. Would happily take Karin, Rolento, or anyone else over two "evil" variations and the twins. Unless they force the update on us, I really have no reason to be interested in it. The buffs to Hakan are the only thing that interests me. I'm kinda hoping it's a standalone disc, not a forced upgrade so I have the option to stay w/ Super. Then again, I'd only consider myself a mediocre casual player at best. I read about it waaay more than I play.

hitsugi

dragonballjoseph said:
The Wednesday before Final Round, Tokido was hanging out at a dude's apartment down here. And he told them that the game was broken and hated it for a good while.

that's interesting.. perhaps if japan hates AE, a few more of them will give marvel a shot

_dementia said:
Should AE ever come out on console, I wonder if they'll re-balance it again.

Has a fighting game ever been updated in the arcade? I wouldn't be suprised if the home port was tweaked, but I'm not so sure about AE.

Solune

Rice-Eater said:
So are you going to be one of those hold outs when AE(or whatever it's called) comes out on console? I actually played some SF4 yesterday, and found that there are still quite a number of people playing that version and maybe only that version. Some of them weren't bad at all either. So they're taking the game serious, but not moving on to the new iteration. The funny thing is that 2 of these guys sent me a friends request, and I accepted even though I may not play them again for a while or ever again.
That's a funny story, the other day I saw 2 guys buying regular SFIV preowned, and I wanted to go up to them and be like, yo Super is 8 bucks more and a better game. But I withheld myself and I'm not one to deny anyone the awesomeness of Indestructible.
dragonballjoseph said:
I know your feelings on MvC3, did he say anything about his take on Marvel?

the_log_ride said:
Oh really now? So arcade fighters have been patched w/o it being released as a new game? That's good to know.
Like 3rd Strike got a revision where they took out Urien's Aegis unblockable and everyone hates it and just plays Ver.990512 instead.

MIMIC

Banned
I played a guy who played as Guile against another guy who shamelessly threw sonic booms, turtled (and TAUNTED) like his life depended on it. He threw 65 sonic booms (I counted) in 3 rounds and won. Then it was my turn.

He chose Juri. I won the 1st round easily. 2nd round....I was tick thrown to death -_- 3rd round...I intentionally used tortilla on wake-up so he could waste both of his EX bars on Juri's parry/escape move (dunno what it's called). Then I went to town.

He mounted a small comeback but I won in the end....and he left (OF COURSE, lol). I messaged him and he said that he rage left or something and ended the message saying "you don't think I can beat you or something?"

Win or lose, he definitely would have quit either way so I don't know why I torture myself with this kind of stuff. It just felt good to win against this particular type of "strategist"....and I use this term lightly =P

Maybe they're new players who've found ways of winning that works for THEM, but it will forever be my bane nonetheless, lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
the_log_ride said:
Has a fighting game ever been updated in the arcade? I wouldn't be suprised if the home port was tweaked, but I'm not so sure about AE.

The Mortal Kombat games. Verison 2.0, 3.0, etc. Glitches, secrets, etc with each version.

Machina or USD, one of you guys make the thread for Canada Cup.

Live stuff incoming.

Might start PSN Endless late tonight depending on what I'm doing.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yeah updating games without actually marketing it as a new version happened a lot back in the day. I assume it still happens a lot now in Japanese arcades.

I still remember the day I walked into my old arcade and it was all like "holy shit Shang Tsung has a fatality where he turns into Kintaro now."

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
the_log_ride said:
Oh really now? So arcade fighters have been patched w/o it being released as a new game? That's good to know.

Yes, almost every major fighting game has received arcade upgrades over time.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Kadey said:
Machina or USD, one of you guys make the thread for Canada Cup.
*salutes* I gots this.

Another example of revisions in an arcade FG would be SoulCalibur 2 - console version is actually version D, IIRC. Version A Cassandra had an infinite. :p

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Tokido told me that Daigo is getting really good at MVC3. Tokido was very impressive (IMO) and I can't wait to see them all playing at events in the near future.

I want to go to both CEO and ReveLAtions. Let's see what I can do!

MarkMan said:
Tokido told me that Daigo is getting really good at MVC3. Tokido was very impressive (IMO) and I can't wait to see them all playing at events in the near future.

Wrong thread? Interesting stuff though.

Imm0rt4l

MarkMan said:

can't wait to see.what he's been working on.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
You guys see the SS2011 trailer? Tournament Legacy presents TEAM HORI.

:)

I like that. Can't wait to see what they got.

HiResDes

MarkMan said:

Hey yo did you get my PM from about two weeks ago?

MarkMan said:
You guys see the SS2011 trailer? Tournament Legacy presents TEAM HORI.

:)

I like that. Can't wait to see what they got.

I just did and I must say, damn, that tournament is just chock full of top international talent. Probably the most stacked ever in that regard. I can't wait to check it out.

As for Daigo, I guess we'll see his debut in MvC3 at Revelations. There will be plenty of top players in that game there so it'll be a good measuring stick to see where he stands in that game.

hitsugi

DryEyeRelief said:
Will it really be the end of the world if AE is released as it is now with no revisions?
Considering the AE hype has completely died out? Probably not. Capcom knows they just have to announce a date and everyone will love them.

entremet

Ono wanted his god tier characters. So I can only laugh at AE's reception in its home country. I say this as a bitter Guile player.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I'm not opposed to a balancing patch before AE comes out on consoles, even though Makoto would probably get nerfed. They probably went a little overboard with her buffs anyway tbh.

entremet

Lost Fragment said:
I'm not opposed to a balancing patch before AE comes out on consoles, even though Makoto would probably get nerfed. They probably went a little overboard with her buffs anyway tbh.
I've always thought Arcade releases were always done for balancing. Soul Calibur 3 is a great example. It never received an arcade release and it was pretty broken for console, same for SCIV.

Good to be back. Started playing SSF4 again after a long break (first because of AE and after that MvC3 took some time). Dumped MvC3 and trying to 1up my Rog. I seriously need to learn plinking c.lp ~ c.mp. I can do it decently in training mode, but not in actual matches for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom