• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

God's Beard said:
It was released after the console version. My point is that during PS2 era, most fighting games got an arcade release first, which is used to get feedback for balancing. The console ports are were then balanced with this information.

Wasn't aware of SCIII, but the arcade version got the balances after the console original was deemed pretty unbalanced, which was the reverse of what was happening.

Capcom did release SF Zero 3 Upper with the extra console characters and some tweaks.

And I think it was KOF 2002UM and maybe KOF98UM that got post-console releases or updates.

I think the main thing is when the game has issues, they'll go in and try to fix it.

The problem is when it causes backlash, as with the Dreamcast TS changes. Not sure why, since it fixed things instead of broke them. But I guess if it started broke, people don't want it fixed.

Spiderjericho said:
Capcom did release SF Zero 3 Upper with the extra console characters and some tweaks.

And I think it was KOF 2002UM and maybe KOF98UM that got post-console releases or updates.

I think the main thing is when the game has issues, they'll go in and try to fix it.

The problem is when it causes backlash, as with the Dreamcast TS changes. Not sure why, since it fixed things instead of broke them. But I guess if it started broke, people don't want it fixed.

People outright refused to play Zero 3 Upper btw as well. People ain't trying to hear changes to what they are used too. I remember when SHGL got it. It ended up being a coat stand.

ThatCrazyGuy said:
People outright refused to play Zero 3 Upper btw as well. People ain't trying to hear changes to what they are used too. I remember when SHGL got it. It ended up being a coat stand.

True. With the console ports and new version the VISMs were borked from the original Alpha 3 (except in the Saturn version for some odd reason). People didn't like it. If you wanted to practice for arcade tourneys, you had to play in the arcade.

It's like a catch-22. Doesn't make sense. If Capcom patches X-Factor, Sentinel, Phoenix or infinites in MVC3, watch people revolt.

MIMIC

Banned
I played this really beastly Guile (that knew how to play Fuerte). Man he was annoying, lol =p

I did pokes into splash one too many times. If you're holding up-back, it's a free combo for Guile when you land :( The splash will miss. I should've done pokes into the run, stop and then do leg throw :)

HiResDes

Online is dominated by a bunch of people that like to play lame zoning characters...But I did run into this sick Juri that had some of the craziest mixups I've ever seen...Like resets that would make even the best Sakura player bow down.

simtmb

Hmmm, wouldn't happen to be Last Apostle Puppet Show would it? Highly doubt it was xD
Bizarre game, but quite fun lol.

2203_1.png

I don't really remember the game text though, but its the first fighter i thought of as it involves Chinese puppets.

Orrr Kin Yeo Fighting lmao. BAD GAME but that's 100% Chinese.
kinyeo.jpg

Went to a local SSFIV tournament, got 5th out of 7 person bracket. It make me realize that I have way more fun with Hawk than Ibuki, so I think I'm gonna shift my focus to him a bit more now.

Joekage

dragonballjoseph said:
So I just finished playing Wolfkrone in ranked for like... 2.5 hours. At first, I had one over him. I got up to 6100 pp. Now I'm down to 5300. lol

The Hamburglar strikes again! This time he's coming for those Player Points!!!!

Rocwell

I was working on the c to shining c achievement
only hakan left now I think :D
and I'm down to about 1400 pp now from a peak of maybe 3200 or something? I haven't played seriously in ranked in at least half a year though, maybe I'll take a crack at it and see if I can get my b-rank makoto back up to 5k bp :lol

Shito

Lost Fragment said:
I'm not opposed to a balancing patch before AE comes out on consoles, even though Makoto would probably get nerfed. They probably went a little overboard with her buffs anyway tbh.
I'm afraid of the same thing, even though I don't really think they went "overboard" with her: seems to me she now has all the weapons she need to put up a fight, while remaining quite vulnerable when pressed.
What would you nerf with her?

Rocwell said:
I was working on the c to shining c achievement
only hakan left now I think :D
and I'm down to about 1400 pp now from a peak of maybe 3200 or something? I haven't played seriously in ranked in at least half a year though, maybe I'll take a crack at it and see if I can get my b-rank makoto back up to 5k bp :lol

Screw that achievement. 'Took about the same hit to PP, and a large one to rank win percentage. I know they're just silly numbers, but it still irks me.

HiResDes

Shito said:
I'm afraid of the same thing, even though I don't really think they went "overboard" with her: seems to me she now has all the weapons she need to put up a fight, while remaining quite vulnerable when pressed.
I would adjust the frames on a few of her normals.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Shito said:

Being able to combo into ex hayate from lights is silly, especially since her corner fukiage juggles work on everyone now. Making fukiage 4 or 5 frames or whatever is silly too considering how much damage/stun that shit does. Fukiage really didn't need upper body invincibility either since it always trades heavily in her favor anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom