• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corky said:
How is the 3DS version of street fighter? Is it an actual port of the consoleversion with regards to gameplay and mechanics?

Minus some cosmetic changes here and there, it's supposed to be, but the touch pad mechanics allow for things that are very difficult or impossible to pull off otherwise. There was a video posted a while back that demonstrated this, with 360 / 720 motions, and charge moves.

Corky said:
How is the 3DS version of street fighter? Is it an actual port of the consoleversion with regards to gameplay and mechanics?

I played it in Grand Central station in Manhattan last week. It's pretty damn good graphically. Controls suck ass when using the D-Pad or analog stick. With Rawg I was able to execute c. lp x2>c. lk>FP HB>Ultra 1. However, in order to do the U1, I had to use the touch screen shortcut.

Even comes with the alt 2 costumes. :D

Rice-Eater said:
I
I know you can go over 400 with one bar, but I didn't think she could do it without one. I guess you have to loop LK tatsu a couple of times?
Yup. After you play me for a while, you will learn that you should never let me touch you twice. ^_^

Also, finally got Bison to A+. And got a few extra points afterwards to get in front of Kim1234 for the top 8 spot.

Also fought CJ Truth in ranked for about 10 or so games. ^_^
Kid is really good, but he still has problems adjusting to his opponent and used chicken wing way too much (even though this is fine in tourney since you don't play long sets). Once he irons those things out of his playstyle, the dude is going to be a monster.

Kimosabae

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the timing on combo execution online is the same as it is offline as long as you're able to confirm that first hit. So if you're doing combos purely with muscle memory, lag isn't going to affect you as much.

It's not combos with Viper that give me problems, but feint strings. I know it sounds to be the same in a sense, but for whatever reason, I botch them religiously in online matches - especially Fierce to feint (on block) which is super easy in a general sense. I dunno, it may be something else about online matches that is effecting my psyche, as I said.

*edit*

Going off what you stated, it's probably because the block strings are often improvisations, which doesn't correlate 1:1 to muscle memory. I don't have the same problem offline.

Has the entire East Coast of America gone down? I just went on Xbox live searching for matches and every time I used "same region", I got no results. When I changed it to "any", I got a bunch of results. Just a error or something more?

Rice-Eater said:
Has the entire East Coast of America gone down? I just went on Xbox live searching for matches and every time I used "same region", I got no results. When I changed it to "any", I got a bunch of results. Just a error or something more?
Looks like it's obvious which coast is the best coast now. /smug

dragonballjoseph said:
He would upload the one where I lose to Wolkfrone. >:|
I won like, 10 out of 30 lol. And I pretty much gave him the match in most cases.:(

That's pretty lame. I hate selective reporting.

USD

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Freeeeeeeee

"Il est Mort" lol
Haha, I remember that match.

2pacisdeadmrws.gif

dragonballjoseph said:
He would upload the one where I lose to Wolkfrone. >:|
I won like, 10 out of 30 lol. And I pretty much gave him the match in most cases.:(

Bout the only thing I am seeing is spam BK and what looks to be incredibly easy ultra setups for a lot of dmg. Beyond that its what I expected, DR sucking in general and stomp tracking going horribly wrong as usual.

stabicron7 said:
Bout the only thing I am seeing is spam BK and what looks to be incredibly easy ultra setups for a lot of dmg. Beyond that its what I expected, DR sucking in general and stomp tracking going horribly wrong as usual.
I was messing up my stomp timing. EX stomp, when timed correctly, is good against Viper. Because you just stomp her out the BK mixup.

Arrrrrgh, I'm super-salty after playing 3S for the last 30 minutes. Couldn't get the timing down for Q's command throw to dash punch for the life of me until the last few games.

MIMIC

Banned
black_vegeta said:
No. Some people go in there not even knowning it's a streamed lobby.

Yeah, I didn't know it was streamed until after I left the lobby (I was looking for more footage of PJS and one of the videos was of him "trolling" in the lobby.....and after a little more searching, I found the chat for the stream)

Well I guess Japan is officially getting Evil Ryu today. Well I hope some good Japanese players will pick him up and show us what they can do with him.

I think I fixed my connection problem but I see everyone from the PSN Chat is gone or playing another game :( Hey Kadey are you streaming tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom