• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The story of the hole in e.ryu's chest is like this.

In the Capcom official Chinese manwha (like how udon's comics are official here in america) Ryu awakened and lost control in the middle of a fight with Akuma. Akuma was struggling with his own restraints on as Ryu started to win Akuma however was having none of this, went shin, and PUNCHED a hole clean through Ryu's chest. needless to say Akuma won the fight. Ryu survived and gained control and could activate at will after.

AkumaHokoru said:

In the Capcom official Chinese manwha (like how udon's comics are official here in america) Ryu awakened and lost control in the middle of a fight with Akuma. Akuma was struggling with his own restraints on as Ryu started to win Akuma however was having none of this, went shin, and PUNCHED a hole clean through Ryu's chest. needless to say Akuma won the fight. Ryu survived and gained control and could activate at will after.
Where can I buy this?

I want to edit that panel with Ryu lamenting over his wound and ruined gi exclaiming:
My chest!
My bloody chest!
My outfit!

_dementia said:
Where can I buy this?

I want to edit that panel with Ryu lamenting over his wound and ruined gi exclaiming:
My chest!
My bloody chest!
My outfit!
find a chinatown pray they have it. other than that good luck chief

AkumaHokoru said:

THIS MAKES PERFECT SENSE.

heNBe.png

Mikhal

No need to go to Chinatown. Udon translated and released it a couple years back. Just look for Ryu Final on Amazon or your local bookstore.

Baiano19 said:
I love the first youtube coment of the video:

Indeed!

And now that bad ryu is re-revealed, I wonder how long it will take for the Consoles version...
I wonder if we'll hear anything at Captivate early next month. SF x TK is supposed have it's big debut there, so I'm kind of skeptical :/

Teknoman

Anyone know if the 3DS version has arranged BGM like the the console? I was messing around on it at work, even unlocked the "it begins" medal, but couldnt find the setting in the options menu.

EDIT: Guess not, since I unlocked "It begins" and nothing popped up in the options menu.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Damn, I wonder if CEO contacted GamerBee before Revelations did. GamerBee loves LA, not to mention there's a $20,000 SSF4 pot for Revelations which I'm guessing CEO can't top.

DryEyeRelief said:
http://twitter.com/CEOJebailey/status/51449385061580800

That's interesting. Isn't this the Florida tournament that will be held on the same weekend as Revelations?

Honestly, how the fuck did they pull that off? As we know, Tokido and Gamerbee are top SSF4 players, Revelations has a 20k guaranteed pot for SSF4. So why did they choose CEO over Revelations. I know many American players have pledged there support for CEO instead because they had there date set first. But I didn't think the international players would care, but maybe they actually do? I guess Daigo might be the only Asian(and I mean from the continent) player going to Revelations, unless Mago can pony up to come along as well.

This reminds me, Tokido said that he was planning to attend a California event in July. Unless he changed his mind to go to CEO instead, this may mean that he's coming to NorCal Regionals then.

Rice-Eater said:
Honestly, how the fuck did they pull that off? As we know, Tokido and Gamerbee are top SSF4 players, Revelations has a 20k guaranteed pot for SSF4. So why did they choose CEO over Revelations. I know many American players have pledged there support for CEO instead because they had there date set first. But I didn't think the international players would care, but maybe they actually do? I guess Daigo might be the only Asian(and I mean from the continent) player going to Revelations, unless Mago can pony up to come along as well.

Some players care more about Evo seeds. That's why Eduardo Perez is going to CEO.

Is Justin Wong going to CEO too? He posted in the CEO thread on SRK saying he would accept money matches a few days back.

Also, I think Dementia is asking who is putting up the 20K and whatnot.

DryEyeRelief said:
Some players care more about Evo seeds. That's why Eduardo Perez is going to CEO.

About this, tell me if what I'm thinking is correct. So you earn points by participating in these major tournaments that are apart of the EVO Tournament Season. You get seeded, and separated from other top point earners of the Tournament season. That's how it works right?

Only problem with the tournament season is that we know some Japanese are coming and they will probably come with little to no Seeding points. So they'll be seeded poorly or randomly I guess. But we all know how good they are(SSF4 players I mean) so it kind of sucks that the time some of these player spent earning points to avoid other top points earners in the early parts of the tournament may unfortunately run into bigger threats.

Alright, how many people have accepted that they'll never pull off the wombo combos and just settle for a more basic version that is 10x easier to execute and does 30 less damage?

ProtoCents said:
Alright, how many people have accepted that they'll never pull off the wombo combos and just settle for a more basic version that is 10x easier to execute and does 30 less damage?

Care to specify? I'd like to know what boat I'm in when it comes to this.

Joekage

Rice-Eater said:
Care to specify? I'd like to know what boat I'm in when it comes to this.

Difference between being a Ryu player that goes for cr. fierce after every solar plexus vs. just doing shoryuken after solar plexus.

I'm the type to try cr fierce and if I miss, I'll just use st mk next time haha

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
CEO 2011 just got even more real. I have to tip my hat to Jebailey. He's doing a great job putting together hype for an insane tournament.

This guy saved the Florida scene with the debacle that was GAMME a year ago. He came in, last minute and put together an amazing event for HIS community. Now a year later, he has CEO 2011 and EVO tournament season points on the line.

He pulls in mad sponsors (for the community), gets TTC Tokido and GamerBee to go. And DMG is going there in full effect (so yes PR Rog is going).

Level|Up is only streaming ReveLAtions btw, they aren't running it. They're just doing their thing.

Also. I too hate that both these events are going on so close to E3. E3 is going to be a really busy time for me and it will be hard for me to support both events. Team Mad Catz's Daigo Umehara, I'm sure will be at one event. The question is, which one?

I'll let you guys know soon. Either way. I'm glad that the CEO stream (Team Spooky) will have lots of talent and that tournament will have tons of talent to make sure at least one event will go off well. I hope the same for ReveLAtions which is supposed to be the first appearance of "Team Hori." At least according to their website: http://tournamentlegacy.com/revelations/

Either way. I'll do all I can to make sure my favorite gaming community thrives with top quality content and support the players that make this the best shit ever.

<3

Joekage said:
Difference between being a Ryu player that goes for cr. fierce after every solar plexus vs. just doing shoryuken after solar plexus.

I'm the type to try cr fierce and if I miss, I'll just use st mk next time haha

I do go for it, but I have a criteria.

-Only during casuals, never tried it in a tournament
-Only when I land a focus attack or during sure punish opportunity, I've never tried it after landing a randon forward fierce
-I never go for the DP finish, always a EX tatsu or regular tatu to avoid a really big punish.

So in other words, I probably don't count since I never try it when it matters. The damage is worth it, but just too risky for someone like me with average execution. Even America's best Ryu, Alex Valle, almost never attempts that link.

EDIT: Wat? There is a team Hori now? Well since they flew in Sako last year for SCR, he should be the popular guess as there representative. As for Daigo, keep us updated man. And huge props to Jebailey for pulling that off. I didn't think any top international players were going to choose CEO over Revelations.

Joekage

Rice-Eater said:
I do go for it, but I have a criteria.

-Only during casuals, never tried it in a tournament
-Only when I land a focus attack or during sure punish opportunity, I've never tried it after landing a randon forward fierce
-I never go for the DP finish, always a EX tatsu or regular tatu to avoid a really big punish.

So in other words, I probably don't count since I never try it when it matters. The damage is worth it, but just too risky for someone like me with average execution. Even America's best Ryu, Alex Valle, almost never attempts that link.

Something FMF told me that might make life a bit easier, if you ever catch someone focusing and punish with solar plexus, the counter hit from interrupting the focus attack will give you a 3 (maybe 2 i can't remember) frame window to land cr fierce so if you ever land a focus attack punish solar plexus, always go for cr fierce, no reason not to if you can consistently hit 2-3 frame links which are average in execution level.

I didn't think that counted as a counter hit, thanks for letting me know. Well when I try it in training mode, I do hit the link about 60%, which is decent. I'd like to see myself hitting it 80% of the time before I actually apply it to tournament matches.

The problem isn't that it's it's 1 frame link, it's because the F+HP is active for so long, so the timing is more awkward because I'm waiting and waiting to plink. On the other hand I land his combo into sweep with cr. LP and cr. MP at a much higher rate because it feels more rhythm based if that makes any sense to you.

I'm disappointed Capcom had to waste new character slots on these guys - especially with my below average health main. But shoto's don't give me too many problems these day's anyway and i'm certain i'll be struggling to deal with the twins for a long time to come.

I also gotta say that Ryu U2 is ridiculously awesome! second only to Yangs U1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom