• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gave this one another shot. I played 25 Ranked games on the weekend.

Lost 24. Pretty spectacularly too.

The other one, an Akuma, I annihilated in round one, which was definitely refreshing - only for him to leave my lobby. So lame.

I'm happy sticking around to hand wins to people, is it really so bad that people need to bail when they're losing to a noob? Geez.

Ah well. Not really 'getting' Street Fighter though, which is gutting. Thought I'd have learned something by now haha..

Imm0rt4l

-Deadpool- said:
Gave this one another shot. I played 25 Ranked games on the weekend.

Lost 24. Pretty spectacularly too.

The other one, an Akuma, I annihilated in round one, which was definitely refreshing - only for him to leave my lobby. So lame.

I'm happy sticking around to hand wins to people, is it really so bad that people need to bail when they're losing to a noob? Geez.

Ah well. Not really 'getting' Street Fighter though, which is gutting. Thought I'd have learned something by now haha..
if you play on psn you should join gafchat, watch others play and take tips from the chatroom.

Imm0rt4l said:
if you play on psn you should join gafchat, watch others play and take tips from the chatroom.
Wish I could, but being in AU, it never works out time-wise.

Stuck with Ranked, but I really need to play people of a similar ability/time investment. Getting obliterated really isn't helping me learn haha.. Starting to think that there aren't many noobs hanging around this one either. They've all either vanished to other games, or graduated into ability.

dbjosephmeaning.png

:(

One of the downfalls of losing to vipers like Wolfkrone and Latif, is that they always pick training stage. v_v
Learn your spacings fool!

Ribbon

Are most of you using fightpads or arcade sticks? I'm looking into getting a fightpad, reviews are pretty mixed for them though.

HiResDes

Ribbon said:
Are most of you using fightpads or arcade sticks? I'm looking into getting a fightpad, reviews are pretty mixed for them though.
Fightpad > Joystick for Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

Fightpad > Joystick for simple shoto's in SSFIV

Joystick > Fightpad for everything else.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
HiResDes said:
Fightpad > Joystick for Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

Fightpad > Joystick for simple shoto's in SSFIV

Joystick > Fightpad for everything else.

what?

FightPad =\= Joystick in ANYTHING.

Use what you are better with.

Benefits are dependent on the player and how they use the weapon. <3

Professor Beef said:
http://justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/282433712

He tried a couple of times, but then he got tired of not being able to get in.
He should have done a Ultra(my guess he did, since only a EX attack came) after you did yours, that should have won him that round.

After that, he should have stayed back like you did.

I see the reason he quit, with you staying back not attacking. Too bad he did not stay, he could have beaten you easily if he wanted to.

I hate you Mister Bison! >:|

Really need to explore ways of getting him out of my mug during matches.

Sea Manky's toddler has one upped me. I type Hokan, he pronounces it Hay-ken. Oh ho ho ho! Learning new troll techniques from toddlers is awesome. :3

StickyFingers said:
He should have done a Ultra(my guess he did, since only a EX attack came) after you did yours, that should have won him that round.
Are you sure about that? Seth's Ultra is completely invulnerable through the entire animation. The Ken probably meant the EX DP to try and get to the other side using his own invulnerability and wait to counterattack once Seth's animation was done.

Imm0rt4l

_dementia said:
Are you sure about that? Seth's Ultra is completely invulnerable through the entire animation. The Ken probably meant the EX DP to try and get to the other side using his own invulnerability and wait to counterattack once Seth's animation was done.
Yep, theirs nothing he really could've done. If he had ultra 2, it would've been a different story.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Ribbon said:

Mad Catz? Other than some QC issues with the original batch, I haven't had a problem with their fight pads for 360. On PS3, however, I find problems trying to use two fight pads on the same system. One of them will almost always go out of sync at some point during play time. I'm on my second set of fight pads...same thing happened with the first set.

Ribbon

Lyte Edge said:
Mad Catz? Other than some QC issues with the original batch, I haven't had a problem with their fight pads for 360. On PS3, however, I find problems trying to use two fight pads on the same system. One of them will almost always go out of sync at some point during play time. I'm on my second set of fight pads...same thing happened with the first set.

Should be great then since I'll be playing alone in a dark room. Thanks for the heads up.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Imm0rt4l said:

I said this in the other thread, but I have a feeling it's going to be a mandatory update for everyone to download AE version. This will give everyone character rebalances, and then sell the four new characters as DLC for $5 a piece.

Of course they'll sell a disc version, but in the end it makes sense hat everyone will be downloading the character rebalances.

Crisis

Banned
Adam Prime said:
I said this in the other thread, but I have a feeling it's going to be a mandatory update for everyone to download AE version. This will give everyone character rebalances, and then sell the four new characters as DLC for $5 a piece.

Of course they'll sell a disc version, but in the end it makes sense hat everyone will be downloading the character rebalances.

That's what I think too. With a 4-character DLC pack of $15/equivalent MS Points. The only exception will be if they've added more than just Yun/Yang/Evil Ryu/Super Akuma.

Threi

notag
Professor Beef said:
http://justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/282433712

He tried a couple of times, but then he got tired of not being able to get in.
I see no flowcharting there. He was just trying to find a way in and didn't really get in well, the seth was zoning like hell. It is hard to get in on him after all, and Ken only really works best off a knockdown/mixup right beside the opponent. I think he was playing pretty patient.

If anything the taunt from that seth player was uncalled for. I don't ragequit but I can understand getting mad at that point. Playing lame and zoning and then taunting because your strategy is working is a douchey way to play the game.

_dementia said:
So not in time for Evo huh. I wonder if that means SSFIV will be more exciting or less exciting.

I thought Wiz said that if it came out by at least July 1st then it would be used for EVO. So if June 24th is true then wouldn't that be the case?

Imm0rt4l

Threi said:
I see no flowcharting there. He was just trying to find a way in and didn't really get in well, the set was zoning like hell. I think he was playing pretty patient.

If anything the taunt from that seth player was uncalled for. I don't ragequit but I can understand getting mad at that point. Playing lame and zoning and then taunting because your strategy is working is a douchey way to play the game.
Yea I can see why he'd be frustrated. Some people get angry just losing to someones secondary character, or a character with fewer points. I was in a psn chat room where someone commented that I don't respect them because I wasn't using my main. I was playing dudley whom I only have 200 bp, juxtaposed to my 4kpp but I don't play ranked much to begin with. I guess the taunt was the straw that broke the camels back. Still a bitch move raging like that, I wouldn't say he's a bad player, but he takes a big L there.

Taunts are a legit though. I don't taunt much, but I want to actually start using em'. 2 guys on my friends list use them pretty regularly. One is a fei player who will use fei longs taunt 5 where he lies down and says "boring" usually if I'm playing on the other side of the screen zoning. It's a really good means of provoking your opponent and masking an attack like neutral jump rh or some other shenanigans. The other is a gen player who's just an asshole though. Taunts make some people catch feelings and can sometimes be a sign that someone has caught feelings so I don't use them.

Threi said:
I see no flowcharting there. He was just trying to find a way in and didn't really get in well, the seth was zoning like hell. It is hard to get in on him after all, and Ken only really works best off a knockdown/mixup right beside the opponent. I think he was playing pretty patient.

I guess the taunt was a bit much, but I don't exactly feel sorry for it. It's a taunt.

StickyFingers said:

After that, he should have stayed back like you did.

I see the reason he quit, with you staying back not attacking. Too bad he did not stay, he could have beaten you easily if he wanted to.
Ken's U1 would've gotten eaten by my U2 due to the invincibility.

And he only lost because he didn't want to win...what?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Threi said:

Nobody saw his other match against Floyd.
After he lost, playing as a flowchart as stated. He messaged me about Dudley being cheap when one, I never played him and two, that's far from the truth. So yeah, worst scrub ever. He complained whenever he lost and never admitted to not knowing the match up or that his opponent was simply better.
Based on his play and tendency, I bet he's a booster. If you were truly that good of a player, when you get beaten, you want to play your opponent more often to learn the match up, etc., instead of quitting.
I've faced far better Kens with much less points. Hell, Rice and Floyd both have a better Ken than him. My Ken is better than his.

SmokeMaxX

Hey guys, if you're around the Arkansas area, please come to A.R.K. III on April 2nd! Almost all of the big names are coming in from around the region. Justin F'ing Wong has even inquired about coming to our event last minute! Our link is here: http://shoryuken.com/f7/*ucc*-r-k-iii-conway-ar-4-2-11-8-games-over-120-people-261820/
If you got any questions, hit me up! We'd love to have all you guys. We're expecting a TON of people for each event. We might even run pool play for Marvel and SSF4.

Shito

BotoxAgent said:
and I wonder if Japan evo is still happening
Delayed to an undefined date, is what I've heard. :(

[EDIT] Wait: or am I being mistaken with Evo Vs Godsgarden? Aren't those the same thing?

cHaotix8

His ken was: Jump in Roundhouse > cr. jab > cr. jab > low forward xx fireball, doesn't matter if it hit or missed. No mixup, no footsies, no nothing. He wasn't a scrub but he wasn't good at the game either.

Professor Beef said:
He focused once, but he let it go too early and ate a Sonic Boom.

I always focus my ass off in Seth/Sim matches. However there is a right time and a wrong time to focus through dem expandable limbs.

Imm0rt4l

Kadey said:
Nobody saw his other match against Floyd.
After he lost, playing as a flowchart as stated. He messaged me about Dudley being cheap when one, I never played him and two, that's far from the truth. So yeah, worst scrub ever. He complained whenever he lost and never admitted to not knowing the match up or that his opponent was simply better.
Based on his play and tendency, I bet he's a booster. If you were truly that good of a player, when you get beaten, you want to play your opponent more often to learn the match up, etc., instead of quitting.
I've faced far better Kens with much less points. Hell, Rice and Floyd both have a better Ken than him. My Ken is better than his.
I take back what I said earlier, the guys is the epitome of a scrub. I guess he's entitled to some wins cuz his bp is relatively high?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Imm0rt4l said:
I take back what I said earlier, the guys is the epitome of a scrub. I guess he's entitled to some wins cuz his bp is relatively high?

hgjy.jpg

It's funny because he messaged me this when I'm the one that didn't play him. When he entered the room, we all thought he was some badass Ken because of his points and stuff but we started laughing when he played.
From what I remembered, all he did against Floyd was Dragon Punch, Jumping fierce, crouching forward into hadouken and standard Jump kicks. I did not see one hint of anything special.
Like I said, I think he's a booster. Quits whenever things don't go his way.

Now that AE is basically announced. PSN Team Tourney! Won't be for a long while though. Probably mid-Summer. At least I'll be able to join this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom