• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot who I was playing against last night, but I was so sad when I got Dudley in Random Select. I don't know how to do a damn thing with him.

On the other hand, I had a good laugh when I got Tony Hawk from Random against Edgeward. Like he said though, at least I got cursed with U2 during that match. :lol

Edgeward

Professor Beef said:
On the other hand, I had a good laugh when I got Tony Hawk from Random against Edgeward. Like he said though, at least I got cursed with U2 during that match. :lol

The comeback factor on grapplers u1 is the main reason I lose any close matches, such a huge swing in the battle. Makes me almost want to play HDR to not have ultras and worry about being so cautious when goin in, but I'm not that crazy or desperate. lol

God, the wait for AE is too long. Such an odd choice for June, but whatever. I've spent more so many hours playing super that another 20-30 is perfectly fine for me. I just need to be justified in me not using regular tkcs anymore in preparation for this shit. Also wouldn't hurt to give the game another once over so that it isn't 3S char dominated, and improve Cammy's cr mk. =)

JJcao

Neo Member
dragonballjoseph said:
I taunt all the time. I couldn't care less about your feelings.

Maybe that explain why this happen....

dragonballjoseph said:
dbjosephmeaning.png

Since MvC3 online was a little wonky for me today I popped this in for the first time in 6ish weeks.

I kept trying to roll when I got knocked down, tried to air-block and could only use punches until I remembered that the bottom row are attacks too, haha. Lost to some reeeeeeeeeeaally bad people, but I think the XBL talent pool has gotten worse because I managed to add a bunch of points somehow. It would be the only logical explanation for DBJ's rise to the top of the Bison ranks too.

I don't know how people play multiple fight games, took me a good hour and a half to remember some stuff. They're so...different. Probably gonna take me a while again to switch back to Marvel tomorrow :p

SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX said:
Hey guys, if you're around the Arkansas area, please come to A.R.K. III on April 2nd! Almost all of the big names are coming in from around the region. Justin F'ing Wong has even inquired about coming to our event last minute! Our link is here: http://shoryuken.com/f7/*ucc*-r-k-iii-conway-ar-4-2-11-8-games-over-120-people-261820/
If you got any questions, hit me up! We'd love to have all you guys. We're expecting a TON of people for each event. We might even run pool play for Marvel and SSF4.
Justin Wong, Fubarduck, Lil Majin, Jon Lo, ThyAllMighty, TWG Arthur, TWG TostitoSalsa, ARK Chaotix, and ARK XI to Arkansas confirmed.

Kadey said:
Nobody saw his other match against Floyd.
After he lost, playing as a flowchart as stated. He messaged me about Dudley being cheap when one, I never played him and two, that's far from the truth. So yeah, worst scrub ever. He complained whenever he lost and never admitted to not knowing the match up or that his opponent was simply better.
Based on his play and tendency, I bet he's a booster. If you were truly that good of a player, when you get beaten, you want to play your opponent more often to learn the match up, etc., instead of quitting.
I've faced far better Kens with much less points. Hell, Rice and Floyd both have a better Ken than him. My Ken is better than his.

That would explain it. When I watched the video I was expecting a low PP/BP guy, but seeing his high PP threw me off. Most guys with PP around 4k or higher normally body me. But from the description you gave, his Ken sounds like ass.

Hopefully I can get into the room next time you set on up. Last time I kept trying to till I finally gave up and went looking for other matches.

USD

All good things come in due time.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/sf4/development_blog/2011/03/29_3066.html

EVIL RYU

CHARACTER SUMMARY
-Evil Ryu is a character with a strong close- and mid-range offense, but weak defense. He can take out opponents, or be taken out in one stroke
-Same health and stun as Akuma (850 health/850 stun)
-His jump is the same as Ryu's, but his movement and dash are different

itlvD.jpg

NORMAL ATTACKS
-His composition of normals consists of a Ryu base, with some of Akuma's as well as some all-new normals.
-He has Akuma's j.HK, st.HP, cr.HP, cr.HK
-New normals: cl.HP, st.MK, cr.MK
-The frame data on the moves are adjusted, so though they have similar motions, they might have different frames
-Same cancels/Super cancels as Ryu
-cr.MK is based on 3rd Strike Ryu's
-7F start-up, so it doesn't link with any of his normals, but since it has better reach than Ryu's, it works well as a low poke

cr.MK's hitbox
8qQcZ.jpg

UNIQUE ATTACKS AND TARGET COMBOS
-His unique attacks are Zugai Hasatsu (Akuma's overhead), Senbukyaku, and Tenmakujinkyaku (Akuma's dive kick)
-Senbukyaku is the same move from the Alpha series
-It allows Evil Ryu to attack while avoiding low kicks, but can be blocked low and puts him at a frame disadvantage
-Without hitting your opponent, it's effective at moving Evil Ryu into throw range
-Target combo is cl.MP → cl.HP
-Its damage isn't particularly high, so you might not find many places to use it, but since it's a simple motion and you can delay the attack, it's difficult to punish

Senbukyaku's hitbox
NPutC.jpg

SPECIAL ATTACKS
-His specials are Hadoken, Shakunetsu Hadoken, Shoryuken, Tatsumaki Senpukyaku, Mid-air Tatsu, Ashura Senku (Teleport), and Ryusokyaku (Dragon Claw Kick)
-Of those, Ryusokyaku is a completely new attack
-In the early creation stage, some were of the opinion of giving Evil Ryu the Jodan Sokuto Geri (aka the Mule Kick from 3rd Strike), but it was decided to give him a new move more befitting of his image
-Used alone, the attack is slow to come out, but you can can cancel into from L, M, and H attacks, it's a strong but flashy move.
-If you have bar, you can perform top-class hard-hitting combos with the move

Ny6v0.jpg

SUPER COMBO
-His Super Combo is Shun Goku Satsu (aka Raging Demon)
-Since you will use Evil Ryu's EX moves often, you might not use his Super much, but when paired together with the Senbukyaku, it's an incredibly powerful technique

QQcbj.jpg

ULTRA COMBOS
-Ultra Combo I is Metsu Hadoken, Ultra Combo II is Messatsu Goshoryu
-UC1 is fundamentally the same as Ryu's, but doesn't do much damage
-However, you can hold the buttons and charge the attack. Fully charged, it does more damage
-Fully charged and at close range, it does even more damage
-It might be difficult to create a situation where you can land it, but try it out

Ua5wR.jpg

-UC2 is a horizontal Shoryuken, so it might be a bit difficult to use as an anti-air, but you can combo the move from FADCs
-It does high damage, and by itself, with the full cinematic, it does the same damage as Ryu's Metsu Shoryuken (500 damage)

SAqG7.jpg

OTHER
-The boss version is very different from the playable version
-High difficulty, and can unleash some incredible attacks that will make you doubt your eyes
-If you ever have the chance to fight him, you have the developer's blessing

Imm0rt4l

I wonder what the requirements will be to fight evil ryu.

Kadey said:
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4593/hgjy.jpg[IMG]

It's funny because he messaged me this when I'm the one that didn't play him. When he entered the room, we all thought he was some badass Ken because of his points and stuff but we started laughing when he played.
From what I remembered, all he did against Floyd was Dragon Punch, Jumping fierce, crouching forward into hadouken and standard Jump kicks. I did not see one hint of anything special.
Like I said, I think he's a booster. Quits whenever things don't go his way.

Now that AE is basically announced. PSN Team Tourney! Won't be for a long while though. Probably mid-Summer. At least I'll be able to join this time.[/QUOTE]

Just saw some matches of him on youtube, he's pretty bad. No way are those points legit.

dragonballjoseph said:
I taunt all the time. I couldn't care less about your feelings.

Yeah, this is even more stupid than stuff like "No Throw" rules.

Just proving gamer literacy isn't very high.

taunt 1 (tônt)
tr.v. taunt·ed, taunt·ing, taunts
1. To reproach in a mocking, insulting, or contemptuous manner. See Synonyms at ridicule.
2. To drive or incite (a person) by taunting.
n.
A scornful remark or tirade; a jeer.

You get more points for aggressive taunting. After a knock down, or in someone's face. When you're at risk, but are such a jerk you're willing to risk taking a hit. Turtle taunting is bottom tier.

Though like most everything else in SF4 (intros, ultras, supers) taunting is grossly expanded for a lot of characters. Tracts of text and garrulous spew aren't necessary. K.I.S.S.

Among things Capcom needs to master, an option for a random taunt would be nice if they're going to give you the choice.

rivals

Is that last vieo in the new ipw post here from a gaf stream? I feel like I recognize some of those names from a stream I watched last week or something.

Awesome USD, thanks. Is this just info regarding the current AE, or is this stuff about rebalancing? I don't remember ever seeing the new kick when watching people play...

abstract alien said:
Awesome USD, thanks. Is this just info regarding the current AE, or is this stuff about rebalancing? I don't remember ever seeing the new kick when watching people play...
The new kick has been there, but nobody was using it because it's not an overhead unless you use the EX version.

Well that new kick is what will lead to Evil Ryu's high damaging combos. So people who pick him up better work on there 1 frame link MP, or use a un-plinkable cr. LP after landing it. As Capcom said, Evil Ryu's strong point is that he punishes really hard. If you as a player can't take advantage of that feature, then you really are just play a weaker version of a mix between Akuma and Ryu.

Rice-Eater said:
Well that new kick is what will lead to Evil Ryu's high damaging combos. So people who pick him up better work on there 1 frame link MP, or use a un-plinkable cr. LP after landing it. As Capcom said, Evil Ryu's strong point is that he punishes really hard. If you as a player can't take advantage of that feature, then you really are just play a weaker version of a mix between Akuma and Ryu.
Can't you just blink the lp?

Technically you can plink the LP with the select button I think, but that's too difficult. I don't even think of it as a option, as do most players I assume.

Rice-Eater said:
Technically you can plink the LP with the select button I think, but that's too difficult. I don't even think of it as a option, as do most players I assume.
Can't you plink LP with LK too? I didn't know you could do it with Select.

I'm pretty sure it's hit points, like in an RPG. Notice how in training mode all attacks do a certain amount of damage.

I'm speaking out of my ass here, so please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

notworksafe

E Ryu looks pretty boss for a shoto fan (whore) like myself. A nice mix of dull Ryu with some fun Akuma shenanigans and plenty of power to punish. Can't wait to see the Oni breakdown...release this DLC already Capcom!

haunts

Bacon of Hope
think im gonna stream ssf4 tomorrow from starbase. havent seen ssf4 on stream outside of majors in like a month.. i wonder whyyy.. lmao

Kimosabae

Banned
haunts said:
think im gonna stream ssf4 tomorrow from starbase. havent seen ssf4 on stream outside of majors in like a month.. i wonder whyyy.. lmao

Option Select tried this last night, viewers bitched and moaned, and there was a sharp drop in viewers.

More people need to have some balls and stream this game, however. This game is (largely) good, and I think it's important both game's scenes thrive. They are at two completely different ends of the FG spectrum that need to share the spotlight.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Rice-Eater said:
That would explain it. When I watched the video I was expecting a low PP/BP guy, but seeing his high PP threw me off. Most guys with PP around 4k or higher normally body me. But from the description you gave, his Ken sounds like ass.

Hopefully I can get into the room next time you set on up. Last time I kept trying to till I finally gave up and went looking for other matches.

Now a good Ken that you would probably be familiar with.

http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/282589502?

Art would be proud.

http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/282589843

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Kimosabae said:
Option Select tried this last night, viewers bitched and moaned, and there was a sharp drop in viewers.

More people need to have some balls and stream this game, however. This game is (largely) good, and I think it's important both game's scenes thrive. They are at two completely different ends of the FG spectrum that need to share the spotlight.

well we get blown up on wednesdays anyway so its all good. haha. most of the starbase regulars are ssf4 heads anyway.

i bitched about ssf4 but after taking a long break and coming back to it i do appreciate it more. marvel is far more fun, but the tension in ssf4 def has its own appeal as well.

Kimosabae

Banned
haunts said:
i bitched about ssf4 but after taking a long break and coming back to it i do appreciate it more. marvel is far more fun, but the tension in ssf4 def has its own appeal as well.

Yup. Been saying almost exactly this since Marvel released.

USD

Honestly, I only watch Super now if it's AE or (in the case of console Super) if it's a major. Not like I have much choice anyway, since pretty much no one is streaming Super much. At least there's Guard Crush tomorrow, giving us that delicious AE.

AE is probably coming to console after the June 1st date, but I'll still be sad if EVO is plain Super. Marvel will most definitely be the main event if there's no AE (not that I care much either way).

Threi

notag
Played SSF4 again mself as well...the game irritates the fuck out of me for some reason. I don't know how it went from that when by the end of vanilla it was easily my favorite in the series. Now....bleh. That crown goes to ST now.

For what it's worth though it's still a good bit better than 3rd Strike.

Satyamdas

Banned
Threi said:
Played SSF4 again mself as well...the game irritates the fuck out of me for some reason. I don't know how it went from that when by the end of vanilla it was easily my favorite in the series. Now....bleh. That crown goes to ST now.

For what it's worth though it's still a good bit better than 3rd Strike.
ST is awesome and fun, but the pure unadulterated bullshit contained within that game (read: Vega; ridiculous damage, etc.) puts SSF4 to shame easily. You're just salty because you picked a terrible character in Super and suffered an inordinate amount of losses as a result.

I know you don't blame the character (and rightfully so), but the reality is that to win consistently with FreeJay requires you to be 10X better than the average lame ass Cammy, Roo, Bison, Viper, or Vega player. I'd put money up that not even Justin could win a tourney with Deejay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom