• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhatSaqs

Banned
BotoxAgent said:
damn, Yun is lookin good! can't wait to pick him up.
Yeah. Thinking Capcom would have seen the whiff palm charging meter thing tho. Shits annoying already :lol

I can see him being tops already. Crazy meter building. Dude got a super in each round in one vid. Leaves plenty options for Genei Jin and/or mid screen BnB EX dash punch corner Ultra.

jman2050

TimeKillr said:
Where did you see that? So far it was just speculation from VRyu.

Also can't wait to see those FADC combos.

A person on the SRK thread was apparently transcribing impressions from a japanese forum which said as much. Obviously that's not cold hard confirmation but that's the belief right now.

Leunam

Lost Fragment said:
5 years earlier...

0z2CN.jpg

My favorite thing about this picture is how the posters come pre-rotated from the printers.

hitsugi

Shit, the AE hype is exploding :D please announce something for consoles!! I guess I'm gonna have to go to AI.. or family or whoever the hell gets one here D:

I think palm strike builds a bit too much meter, and that's coming from someone that loves Yun and mained him in 3s. Only time will tell but right now he has good ex moves to utilize, geneijin and some easy ultra set ups. I'll take easy to land and less damage over high damage and extremely situational any day.

Urge to hype, falling... RIP opening people up with a badass move. Height restrictions are ass.

RE: Cannon Strike

http://www.ozhadou.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5254&p=97477

Genxa said:
About top 3rd of her jump arc I would say.... U cant even do it low while on the way down...
You can with her EX though.

Her normals feel the same, but her BnB timing changed a little due to the hitstun changes....

Lowest ive been able to do it, is a head higher than Ryu... dats it... its shit...like a G6

_dementia said:
You can still over people up
you need EX meter though

I know, but punishing tech-mashing should be free :( Cammy only ever really opened you up if you had poor fundamentals in that matchup or if you played Sim. Not to say she didn't give other characters something to think about, but they were definitely winnable.

Oh well, what's there is there, gonna have to make do with it once it's out anyway.

BotoxAgent said:
meanwhile, Rufus is still annoying as ever

This is the main part I personally don't understand. He has an easier input AND his string is safe in case he misses. Looks like they'll have to wait for the next one to "fix" him.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
FINALLY some vids of Yun & Yang.

When I read Mago talking about comboing into Ultra from an EX move, I thought it was from the shoulder dash, not the lunge punch, that's some big range there.

Nothing crazy in these vids otherwise, except for watch Yun build meter from the other side of the screen, although nowhere as bad as in 3S. Doesn't look too bad for now. Would've rather seen some Daigo & Mago action, considering they had some solo time with AE unlike everyone else there.

Bison's LK scissors kick push back is nuts, especially when you see the other two SK's don't go anywhere - weird changes like that just look off to me.

Spiderjericho said:
If you like Yun, play him. Now if you play the character cookie cutter like then that's another story. Filipino Champ doesn't play Dhalsim like Arturo. Wolfkrone doesn't play Viper like Flash Metroid.

Very true.

I was going for Yang though, but yeah, I've never been the type to care what others think.

Lost Fragment said:
Yeah I don't understand people who play unpopular characters so they can feel like a unique and beautiful snowflake. Main who you think is the most fun. Fuck what other people think. Unless you're more concerned with what people think about you than you are with playing the character you enjoy the most.

I also don't get why people who play those unpopular characters are sometimes hostile towards people who pick up that character after they get buffed/those characters aren't as bad as once thought/whatever.

None of those are me - I definitely pick and stick with whoever I have the most fun with, which I why I never abandoned Fuerte, Makoto and Dee Jay.

USD

Cannon Strike may be gimped, but Cammy's normals are looking plain stupid. From Sako's twitter:

-cl.MP has less pushback, so Lvl.2 FA → cl.MP → cr.HP → cr.MK → Spiral Arrow (i.e. Sako combo, minus the Cannon Strike) connects on more characters

-New Cammy technology: cross-up LK (or front Cannon Strike) → cr.LP → cr.HP → cr.HK

-Sako's estimations, based on his own experience:

cl.LP +7
st.LP +6
cr.LP +6
cl.MP +6
cr.MP +6

haunts

Bacon of Hope
_dementia said:
fuabr and haunts do you know if the American arcade operators are going to set up direct feed captures for the AE streams?

Ive heard some things but cant say much. Just keep an eye out over the next few weeks.

Im trying to get my gear set up in one of the many arcades around here that should be getting it s cross your fingers. At the very least I'll have HD camera footage from all over NorCal once the game is out.

Joekage

God damn, even japanese cody players are garbage.... how the fuck am I supposed to see what his new additions will help with when they can't even do combos..

Mike M

Nick N
black_vegeta said:
f7FEq.jpg

Boss Rawg. Can't wait!

I love this alt for Balrog if only because he's my main and I wear a fedora myself (Plus a scarf right now, 'cause it's cold out).

I'm still relatively terrible at the game though : (

Axis

USD said:
Cannon Strike may be gimped, but Cammy's normals are looking plain stupid. From Sako's twitter:

-cl.MP has less pushback, so Lvl.2 FA → cl.MP → cr.HP → cr.MK → Spiral Arrow (i.e. Sako combo, minus the Cannon Strike) connects on more characters

-New Cammy technology: cross-up LK (or front Cannon Strike) → cr.LP → cr.HP → cr.HK

-Sako's estimations, based on his own experience:

cl.LP +7
st.LP +6
cr.LP +6
cl.MP +6
cr.MP +6

thank you thank you thank you thank you

now just need vids :O

edit: also, this guy has been uploading a lot of videos over the past hour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne82SYjURiQ

PhatSaqs said:
Yeah. Thinking Capcom would have seen the whiff palm charging meter thing tho. Shits annoying already :lol

I can see him being tops already. Crazy meter building. Dude got a super in each round in one vid. Leaves plenty options for Genei Jin and/or mid screen BnB EX dash punch corner Ultra.

Link to vid? Does the fake palm build meter also?

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Cammy actually sounds great in AE to me. TKCS nerf doesn't bug me since I stopped using it when they said it would be removed in AE :lol

Between her buffs and Guy's I can't wait for AE.

Joekage said:
Besides the Cody player being terrible, Yun's palm has alot of priority. It even beat Cody's st. strong knife attack which has some pretty good priority itself.
I say it stuff Seth's HP from max distance, and it looks like it have a lot of active frames too.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Ysiadmihi said:
Cammy actually sounds great in AE to me. TKCS nerf doesn't bug me since I stopped using it when they said it would be removed in AE :lol

Between her buffs and Guy's I can't wait for AE.

Shut up ur free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom