• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kadey, I like your Tokido avatar :lol

3PFqo.jpg

Abel? More like "ey, bro!"

Sagat's Hair Club for Men is pretty funny

USD

I'm liking the ability to choose the resolution on Justin.tv (though it's not relevant to the current Sp00ky stream, since Canada's internet is ass :lol). My connection can't handle 720p streams, and before, the option was to either watch at hi-res with stuttering or at ridiculously low-res.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, Balrog's and Guile's new alts look sexy in action.

USD

I think Gen came out as one of the winners in overall alts. I especially like alts 2 and 3.

The new Fei alt is definitely his best.

Satyamdas said:
Snake charmer Sim alt is gdlk. F the haters.

Any other 'Sim news? Still wondering if st.LK nerf is true. Or whether if it's st.LK or B+LK :(

@_dem: I can't be mad at that when I get beasted by a Fei user :lol

MIMIC

Banned
Dammit, I hate every last one of Fuerte's alternative costumes :-/ Why couldn't he be in a suit or something?

USD

MIMIC said:
Dammit, I hate every last one of Fuerte's alternative costumes :-/ Why couldn't he be in a suit or something?
I think the Rey Mysterio, Jr. look works kind of well, maybe it's just me.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
haunts said:
Aris told me he would try to record some footage from Super Arcade if anyone good is there.

I'll be hooking up some videos and such from FFA tonight. No streams, just character play.

Satyamdas

Banned
the_log_ride said:
Any other 'Sim news? Still wondering if st.LK nerf is true. Or whether if it's st.LK or B+LK :(
I haven't seen any yet. And I'd bet if they nerfed either of those it would be st. lk, which is already slow as hell with a 7 frame startup. If it's true that st. lk is slower that hurts more than any damage reduction. Stuffing moves and keeping characters out will be fucktons harder with that move gimped.

SUPARSTARX

AZNABLE BIIIIIIIIIIISOOONNNNNNN!!!!!

Love all the costumes except Blanka. If his wings glow and fade in and out, it'll make his rolling attacks look like Omega yo-yo's!

Satyamdas said:
I haven't seen any yet. And I'd bet if they nerfed either of those it would be st. lk, which is already slow as hell with a 7 frame startup. If it's true that st. lk is slower that hurts more than any damage reduction. Stuffing moves and keeping characters out will be fucktons harder with that move gimped.
Deliciuos nerf.

Satyamdas said:

I read on SRK that it's B+LK.

Oh well. Maybe cr.MP is better now

Satyamdas

Banned
the_log_ride said:
I read on SRK that it's B+LK.

Oh well. Maybe cr.MP is better now
Are you talking about the post in the Sim forum by Emperor_Cow? I'd take that with a huge grain of salt.

"standing back+LK nerfed in AE ?! WTF !!
i dont have access to AE yet ..."

I was going off the translation of what Daigo said, which apparently wasn't completely accurate. Fucking rain. I should just head over to the arcade and check for myself

USD

the_log_ride said:
I was going off the translation of what Daigo said, which apparently wasn't completely accurate. Fucking rain. I should just head over to the arcade and check for myself
Daigo said stand LK, with no further clarification. I'd assume he's talking about neutral LK.

Degen

Can't believe that Daigo outright said he's done with Ryu. That's gonna feel weird to watch. But hey, if it means less Ryus online, I can dig it.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
#ssf4ae Honda: dude focused cr lp, let go BEFORE hp hands, crumpled honda! Ex hb goes 1 screen still. Antiair lp hb lost to claw jump hp lol

#ssf4ae mike ross is here. Cr lp xx hp hands didn't combo on abel. Super is fb invincible whole way but still won't hit full screen heh

Wow :lol

Love all this news that's trickling in. Get UltraDavid to drop some more sim news

Degen said:
Can't believe that Daigo outright said he's done with Ryu. That's gonna feel weird to watch. But hey, if it means less Ryus online, I can dig it.

When did he say that? Just means that that Yun bandwagon will be that much bigger.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
haunts said:
Live updates on SSF4: AE from SoCal. Tons of notes from UltraDavid -

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/12/17/ssf4-ae-gameplay-notes-updates-from-socal.html

deejay ex mgu dash u2 is wayyy easier, guy just did it first time who said he'd never been successful at it in super

dj is so much better. Sweep is fast & goes under fbs easily, strong combos, good links, ex mgu dash u2 way easier

Thank you Capcom!

The Honda news about hands not comboing is ridiculous though, what the hell...

Same about Blanka Ball, even on hit.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Lost Fragment said:
So Ultradavid says AE is laggy too? What's the deal with ARCADE cabs lagging?

I mean, A.I. always felt laggy when I went there based on the monitors they were using -- might be a similar situation at super arcade.

also when I was in Japan, Mikado had laggy cabs while Big Box felt fine. Mikado cabs had thier weird "stutter" problem where it wasn't lag but I dont know how else to describe it.

So I dont know if there are cheaper set ups that arent as legit or what, but AI also mentioned they are getting the intl. version not the japanese er. cause its cheaper -- whatever that means.

Super Arcade's SF4 set-up lagged. That's why I hated playing there when vanilla was out. I assume they are using the same tv's for AE.

They don't have vewlix cabs or anything. They have some like old megalo cabs i think or something with some LCD tv's stuck in them and what looks like external PC speakers.

Ima check it out tomorrow.

Just in

#ssf4ae Hawk: ex dive way faster, puts him at old blanka ball distance or more so safe on lots of chars. U2 def faster, recovers faster too

@matthewjrice honda def does less damage. Most hands combos still work. Lp headbutt lost to rog dash punch, has way less invincibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom