• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhatSaqs

Banned
FindMyFarms said:
Hmm seems like it gains the same amount of honda whiff oichio, with a bit less recovery. Doesn't seem TOO bad to be honest, but we'll see.
Call me the first AE whiner but I dont like it lol. At least you can deter Ochio with projectiles and pokes. This shit is faster, is an attack, nulls projectiles, and seems to have a nice hitbox. Im cryin foul :lol

PhatSaqs said:
Call me the first AE whiner but I dont like it lol. At least you can deter Ochio with projectiles and pokes. This shit is faster, is an attack, nulls projectiles, and seems to have a nice hitbox. Im cryin foul :lol
maybe it gets blown up by jump-ins

Joekage

PhatSaqs said:

I'm certain it's beat by lows. Pretty sure that Cody could have used low ruffian and blown it up quite a few times.

Joekage

FindMyFarms said:
If he whiffs it in front of you, you can probably just ultra him.

Man, you know I don't punish with ultra. jab jab no combo is my most preferred punish lol.

Anyways, guess I have to deal with all the Yun Yang videos before we start getting into other character specific videos..kinda realize now why Capcom didn't see a need to change Cody much...no one uses him in Japan..

Joekage said:
Man, you know I don't punish with ultra. jab jab no combo is my most preferred punish lol.
to be fair, jab, jab, block reversal, punish is a pretty valid online strat
don't let it interfere with your offline game though

_dementia said:
to be fair, jab, jab, block reversal, punish is a pretty valid online strat
don't let it interfere with your offline game though

Haha Joe would be more like, jab jab, block reversal, jab jab, block reversal, jab jab, block reversal, jab jab nothing:lol :lol

Any video of Guile and meter building nerf? Would be lame if he got hit with that yet Yun over here is building decent amounts of meter whiffing that palm (granted it's a far cry from 3s days)...

Plus, didn't flash kick get a bit of a nerf in AE?

I just watched the Yun vs. Guile vid from the other page. The camera's too shaky to see the meter building :\

Here's some impressions from Daigo regarding AE:

"Toyoizumi: You got to play some AE. What are your first impressions?

Umehara: Impressions… Basically that it’s over for projectile characters (laughs). All the non-projectile characters have gotten buffed, whereas I think Deejay is the only projectile character that has really gotten buffed. Sagat has gotten better, but Ryu, Akuma, Guile, Dhalsim, and I suppose Chun, they’ve all gotten nerfed. And grapplers have also gotten buffed. Projectile characters were strongest in Vanilla, but it’s the other way around now in AE. But I plan to use Yun so it’s not a big deal for me. I guess that’s my impression of AE."

http://shoryuken.com/content/eoneo-...4-arcade-edition-yun-his-main-character-2820/

I want to use Yun, but Daigo using Yun will almost guarantee a lot of copies online. I don't hate popular characters or anything, just that I loathe mirror matches (which is why I took Cammy as secondary in Vanilla to avoid Chun mirrors). And the fact that no one really uses Guy online, mirrors are rarely an issue (although Guy mirrors is definitely one of the more fun mirror matches, imo).

black_vegeta said:
Here's some impressions from Daigo regarding AE:

"Toyoizumi: You got to play some AE. What are your first impressions?

Umehara: Impressions… Basically that it’s over for projectile characters (laughs). All the non-projectile characters have gotten buffed, whereas I think Deejay is the only projectile character that has really gotten buffed. Sagat has gotten better, but Ryu, Akuma, Guile, Dhalsim, and I suppose Chun, they’ve all gotten nerfed. And grapplers have also gotten buffed. Projectile characters were strongest in Vanilla, but it’s the other way around now in AE. But I plan to use Yun so it’s not a big deal for me. I guess that’s my impression of AE."

http://shoryuken.com/content/eoneo-...4-arcade-edition-yun-his-main-character-2820/
I'm reading the interview and it mentions Ono claimed he wanted a god tier character like SF4 Sagat to appear in AE and they are inferring that "character" is the twins :lol

_dementia said:
I'm reading the interview and it mentions Ono claimed he wanted a god tier character like SF4 Sagat to appear in AE and they are inferring that "character" is the twins :lol

:lol Kung Fu madness in Strawberry! BRING IT ON!

Where my 'Sim videos at

MarkMan said:
Street Fighter fans in SoCal that want to play SSFIV Arcade Edition now? Check out Super Arcade TONIGHT! - http://bit.ly/igxdUb

NICE. Now to find someone to roll with :lol

Toyoizumi: Wow so Yun and Yang are that good?

Umehara: Haha, yeah it’s almost like… “Wow, really? Is it OK for them to make them this good?”
:|

Also, Daigo going in on Marvel. Then plans to play SF x Tekken. Damn, he is going in hard.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Balrog alt 3 is still so classy - the ONLY thing wrong with it is that I won't use any of the other character's alt in that pack, I really don't like Bison's alt 3, sucks because he had a perfect run till now.

At least if I decided to buy Honda's alt I'd have the Fuerte Mysterio alt to go with as well. If I decided to that is.

Daigo saying that Yun is THAT good - it's like if AE came out on consoles tomorrow he'd say goodbye to Ryu and never look back, and it is kinda understandable with what's happening to him in AE when he was just all-around solid in Super.

And yeah, I'd love to see him play MvC3.

MarkMan said:
Street Fighter fans in SoCal that want to play SSFIV Arcade Edition now? Check out Super Arcade TONIGHT! - http://bit.ly/igxdUb

Somebody better get a ghetto stream up for this - get your 15 minutes of fame by being the first to livestream AE!

kitzkozan

marathonfool said:
:|

Also, Daigo going in on Marvel. Then plans to play SF x Tekken. Damn, he is going in hard.

Whoa! Can't wait to see how he perform in that game since there's never been a japanese player who could hang with the US (comp just wasn't there in Japan since nobody really cared for the game).

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
I'll probably be going. Who wants to meet later tonight at Super Arcade? That shit is down the 10 fwy for me, so I hope they stay open later.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's going to be weird seeing a bunch of switches from top players. :D

Good thing I've never tried out the rest of the cast yet. Still having fun using Bison and Ken more than everybody.

Here's the remaining in-game screenshots of the Alt 3's

AHXkO.jpg

7tQ4S.jpg

SpHPj.jpg

vMG1g.jpg

OjDPQ.jpg

zsHpO.jpg

QsMND.jpg

5nAGH.jpg

3PFqo.jpg

iGWis.jpg

Wasn't it the Evo before last that they had some Japanese players come and challenge us in MVC2? And then we had those salty suite videos of how crazy they were?

I just don't see that game blowing up over there without an arcade release.

J.Wong is going to be styling on fools.

Poor Dhalsim, Honda, Blanka, Claw never got good alts (alright, the 2nd Blanka alt was cool).

LeMaximilian said:
Isn't AI pretty close to Super?

Looks like the final boss in Darkstalkers 3 if he was orange.

Yep. You going tonight, Max?

lmfao @ 'Sim alt. I guess I'll get the value pack, whenever the hell that comes out

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
LeMaximilian said:
Isn't AI pretty close to Super?

Looks like the final boss in Darkstalkers 3 if he was orange.

eeeh...I guess not
pyron.gif

That was his second alt, looking like Pyron. Third alt may pass as Huitzil though.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
FFA and Super Arcade will have SSF4: AE tonight.

Ill be honest, I didnt think so many arcades would pick up the game -- kinda crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom