• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solune

Professor Beef said:
Dang, T.Hawk is so much better in SSFIV then in HDR. Tried to hit people with his standing jab, and got disappointed as it barely reached past him, lol.
And he's still bad in SSFIV!

El Sloth

Banned
Seb launched a new website: http://frame-advantage.com/

Seb said:
Welcome to the official Frame-Advantage website! All your favorite FADC videos are here, as well as lots more from our partnerships with iPLAYWINNER, Team Spooky, Level|Up Series, and more! Go check em out! And while you're at it, feel free to search videos by character, by player, by assist or ultra selection, or by commentator!

Looks really cool.

I'm getting raped by a mate's Balrog pretty bad. I'm a Cammy player. I know I'm a better player than him in terms of skill, and when things go right I can dismantle him, but I find his turtling so hard to deal with and I just get frustrated at it and make silly mistakes. Any tips, other than waiting for AE to nerf him? I'd say I'm a mid level skill player - not tournament level by any stretch of the imagination but competent with all her BnB combos and setups with decent execution.

_dementia said:
Disgusting punish damage. I wonder how well he'll fair without Akuma's mixup though. He still has Akuma's vitality and stun rating :/

I gave my thoughts about him a few days ago. I think he'll be mid tier at best, right about where regular Ryu is in AE. Some have said that he's meant to be played aggressive. I personally think that's a bad idea. Sure he hits like a truck, but he can't vortex and doesn't have a good dive kick to get in to be able to get that combo started.

Unlike Seth or Akuma he doesn't have a wide array of tools to work with and his teleport isn't anywhere near as good as Akuma's for escaping wake up pressure. He also lacks Ryu's great set of normals, so many links Ryu possess, Evil Ryu can't do them.

That being said he definitely has his advantages to. He still has good combos, 2 viable ultras and meterless 400 damage combos that should work on the entire cast. But anyone who wants to pick him up will have to put in a lot of work because I don't think he'll be as easy to play as Ken or Ryu. I expect to get my ass kicked a lot when I pick him up.

Axis

APZonerunner said:
I'm getting raped by a mate's Balrog pretty bad. I'm a Cammy player. I know I'm a better player than him in terms of skill, and when things go right I can dismantle him, but I find his turtling so hard to deal with and I just get frustrated at it and make silly mistakes. Any tips, other than waiting for AE to nerf him? I'd say I'm a mid level skill player - not tournament level by any stretch of the imagination but competent with all her BnB combos and setups with decent execution.

her worst matchup by far...play more patiently and use a lot of c.mk

DR2K

Banned
Axis said:

Balrog is her most boring match up, but it's hardly her worst. It just requires being more patient. As for her worst match up, I'd go with Honda. She's way too unsafe and has to play up close and he punishes way too hard for so little. The AE nerfs help her though.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Axis said:

whaaaaaaaaaat

either I'm the worst Balrog in the world or that ain't true :( , because fuck I have a bitch of a time trying to win against Cammys.

Also WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT SOOOO LONG FOR AE GAAAAAARPLLLHHHH

Joekage said:
Difficulties with sound, match should be starting soon. Sorry guys, also wish me luck! :)

Hold the fuck up, when we saw you on the phone. That was you on Neogaf trying to let us know what was going on?

Damn, commentator is getting mad salty at all the comments. Gotta be able to handle that kind of stuff when you do streams. It's always going to happen.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The match up was pretty bad for Cody anyway. One of the fastest wake up characters against the worst wake up character.

Axis

DR2K said:
Balrog is her most boring match up, but it's hardly her worst. It just requires being more patient. As for her worst match up, I'd go with Honda. She's way too unsafe and has to play up close and he punishes way too hard for so little. The AE nerfs help her though.

honda's not nearly as bad as balrog IMO

rivals

I've got a question, how come when I watch vids of a lot of players I hear them (at least what sounds like) double tapping and plinking really often even at times where it doesn't seem to be necessary? I hear way more button presses than I would expect to, do a lot of people tend to double tap or plink standard combos even when they aren't necessarily difficult links?

jlai

rivals said:
I've got a question, how come when I watch vids of a lot of players I hear them (at least what sounds like) double tapping and plinking really often even at times where it doesn't seem to be necessary? I hear way more button presses than I would expect to, do a lot of people tend to double tap or plink standard combos even when they aren't necessarily difficult links?

It's just habit for me. I plink damn near anytime I press a normal.

rivals said:

Well I don't know about them, but in my case I do it just for insurance. I can't do a true double tap but if I hit confirm into SRK, I will hit punch twice as fast as I can. When I get a chance to punish with Ryu for example, I'll do cr. MP, cr. HP, tatsu. Even though there is no reason to plink cr. MP, I do it just for the sake of practice while I'm actually in a match. I'm also very use to it now, so it feels strange not to plink anything other then light attacks.

rivals said:
consistency of execution when you're moving from setup to setup with different levels of lag

DryEyeRelief said:
So why is Yun overpowered?

-Great Dive kick
-Command grab
-Great Super
-Safe get in move that leads to Ultra with EX version
-DP that auto corrects pretty well and is hard to punish, even on block
-Easy links

He's not great in every aspect as he is a low health character and his combos don't do massive damage. But having to deal with his up close game is a nightmare. When he's in you have to deal with both his dive kick and command grab that can both lead to 200+ damage combos. If you guess wrong, you lose all that life and get knocked down and will have to deal with it all over again. I'm sure there is even more to it, but that's all I got on top of my head right now.

rivals

God's Beard said:
consistency of execution when you're moving from setup to setup with different levels of lag

Thanks for all the responses guys, and this one definitely answers a couple other questions I've been thinking about. I've been debating dual modding my TE and grabbing mvc and super+ae for 360 because I've read about the input lag differences between the platforms and figured I should practice on both because right now I only play on my PS3 (have both consoles, all FG stuff is PS3 though) and I know most tournaments around me are on 360.

rivals said:
Thanks for all the responses guys, and this one definitely answers a couple other questions I've been thinking about. I've been debating dual modding my TE and grabbing mvc and super+ae for 360 because I've read about the input lag differences between the platforms and figured I should practice on both because right now I only play on my PS3 (have both consoles, all FG stuff is PS3 though) and I know most tournaments around me are on 360.
The console difference is pretty negligible compared to the different monitors and TVs people use, but dual mods are a good idea if you like the specific way your stick is set up.

rivals

Yeah, it was mostly because it'd be cheaper than buying a second stick and because I'm changing the art soon so I'll have it open, I was eyeing that new akishop tri mod pcb. On the topic of TVs though, I testing mine out last weekend using a friends' RB disc and it was pretty bad, ordered a VH236H from Newegg on Friday that should be here on Monday so I'm looking forward to that.

GGs to Roc, Behest, and Neo. Missed playing with you guys. Thanks for helping me pick up this smoking habit.

Jerks.

edit: 'That gonna be archived? I wanna peep some of the matches...

MIMIC

Banned
I was watching the Daigo-Justin Wong 2009 EVO final during my lunch break at work on Friday. That was probably the highest quality set of competitive SF matches that I have ever seen. Probably only 2 dropped combos in the whole series.

I was rooting for Justin Wong simply because he was the underdog.....then he started celebrating like a douche (before the it was even over) then I was squarely in Daigo's corner =p

MIMIC said:
I was watching the Daigo-Justin Wong 2009 EVO final during my lunch break at work on Friday. That was probably the highest quality set of competitive SF matches that I have ever seen. Probably only 2 dropped combos in the whole series.

I was rooting for Justin Wong simply because he was the underdog.....then he started celebrating like a douche (before the it was even over) then I was squarely in Daigo's corner =p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7_b1aMJHDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom