• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Threi

notag
yup. straight footsies and reading the whole match, both chars have no advantages over the others, just player vs player.

absolutely love that set.

eissan

Imm0rt4l said:
I really hate fighting turle ryus as dudley.
you know what's worse? a turtling dudley :p.

Threi said:
yup. straight footsies and reading the whole match, both chars have no advantages over the others, just player vs player.

absolutely love that set.

never get bored of it! soo good!

_dementia said:
so great.

Ten minutes of fireball spam with the inevitable Daigo win? :\

I recognize the technique and skill on the part of both Daigo and Alex, but I still stand by matches in this game being a terrible bore to watch.

I need to try and make some time to play some fighting games during the coming week. Off to a good start with some 3S after nearly a year of absence yesterday, still shaking the rust off; but I need to train my Hokan against Hondas so I can dominate my Honda friend. >:D

eissan

The Take Out Bandit said:

I recognize the technique and skill on the part of both Daigo and Alex, but I still stand by matches in this game being a terrible bore to watch.

I need to try and make some time to play some fighting games during the coming week. Off to a good start with some 3S after nearly a year of absence yesterday, still shaking the rust off; but I need to train my Hokan against Hondas so I can dominate my Honda friend. >:D

it's not boring to watch if you understand what is going on...the level of reaction time, execution AND reading your opponent and then adjusting is crazy in that match!

but then again it all depends what type of fighting genre's you like.

Play Jojo. It's a good game.

_dementia said:
You're right. Normal whiffing for meter and guess parrying os is far more thrilling. Oh wait.

Normal whiffing is rubbish, but I still find random 3S matches with insanely skilled players on youtube that are so captivating to watch. Not to ignore that in these matches normal whiffing is punishable.

Spamming crap (normals, safe specials) to build meter ruined a good number of 90's era SF games. Doesn't make them invalid, look at how scrubbed up Alpha was; but that game is still loved.

eissan said:
it's not boring to watch if you understand what is going on...the level of reaction time, execution AND reading your opponent and then adjusting is crazy in that match!

but then again it all depends what type of fighting genre's you like.

Yep. I know what's going on and this is why I consider 4 a sequel to 2, and not 3. It's a lot of the similar space controlling and clock running down shenanigans, and I don't lovingly go gaga for footsies in SF games because it's just not as interesting to me as say - a Virtua Fighter match where there's higher tension, closer quarters, controlling space in the third dimension, and you really can't sit back and essentially cock-block the opponent with projectiles. Though that's not the game SF is, but yeah - not sure if you're aware (going of your member tag) I'm a huge 3S fangirl.

So much crazy risk taking can go on in 3S, but it's super fun to watch.

My favorite 4 moments are when players pick uncommon characters and go far with them. Yeah, Yeb (IIRC) may not have won the final tournament with his Gen; but watching him go the distance and take it to other players with Gen was soooo good.

God's Beard said:

I totally would if they'd release a PS2 or download version (PS1 version - no, and a DC isn't worth owning). Jojo's is such an awesome series (anime / manga) and a Capcom fighter in their prime was a dream come true. It ranks up there with Hokuto no Ken for licensed games that we're not worthy of due to the combination of great license, great adaptation, and great developer.

Even if they can be hilariously broken, in which case I'll just point you to that Marvel trash which is nowhere near as amazing and skews toward just as broke; but Western audiences aren't familiar with how totally bad ass Dio Brando or Souther are, so they don't know. They just don't know. . . WHAT DIO'S POWER TRULY IS!?

///!///

FindMyFarms said:
TTOB, you obviously don't know what's going on.

Understanding =/= Exciting to Watch

It's the difference between watching an actual martial arts tournament, versus watching a choreographed Donnie Yen fight sequence. The stakes are just as high, if not higher in the tournament, but on the level of the spectator it's dull. Regardless of the talent and skill employed by the combatants.

To reiterate, no disrespect intended to the incredible talent of Alex Valle and Daigo Umehara who have endured for years at this craft, but I'd rather watch them play 3S.

The only pleasure I get in 4 matches is watching them send Wong back the the Marvel hell whence he came.

That was one of my favorite matches from last year. Did they ever do a match of the year vote on SRK and what was the winner?

I'd say one of the exciting moments this year was Bionic Marn.

I'm still waiting to see footage of this rumored Hokan player that finished in the Top 3 some place recently. It's only hinted at and then dropped like it's hot around here, nobody can seem to make with details. . .

Which will I find first? Top 3 Hokan footage or Bigfoot!?

Understanding =/= Exciting to Watch

It's the difference between watching an actual martial arts tournament, versus watching a choreographed Donnie Yen fight sequence. The stakes are just as high, if not higher in the tournament, but on the level of the spectator it's dull. Regardless of the talent and skill employed by the combatants.

To reiterate, no disrespect intended to the incredible talent of Alex Valle and Daigo Umehara who have endured for years at this craft, but I'd rather watch them play 3S.

The only pleasure I get in 4 matches is watching them send Wong back the the Marvel hell whence he came.

Excitement comes from the knowledge of what's going on, and the tension that brings. There's just no way you understand the intricacies of footsies, spacing, zoning, and all the subtle mindgames associated with each manuever after saying something like that. Preferring 3s is a pretty clear testament to that.

A casual bystander may enjoy watching And1 because it's flashy and loud, and anyone that knows a lick about basketball will always prefer the NBA. I'm not saying 3s is the equivalent of and1, but your dismissal of that match comes from the same train of thought.

Anyways i heard clayfighter has the most mindgames out of all

FindMyFarms said:
Excitement comes from the knowledge of what's going on, and the tension that brings. There's just no way you understand the intricacies of footsies, spacing, zoning, and all the subtle mindgames associated with each manuever after saying something like that. Preferring 3s is a pretty clear testament to that.

A casual bystander may enjoy watching And1 because it's flashy and loud, and anyone that knows a lick about basketball will always prefer the NBA. I'm not saying 3s is the equivalent of and1, but your dismissal of that match comes from the same train of thought.

Anyways i heard clayfighter has the most mindgames out of all

Stop being so butthurt broheim.

Yes, because I find the match boring clearly I'm a big fat stupid head - blah blah LOLZ SHAQ FU!

I know that most of the matches I lose are because I can't calm down and stop giving my opponent a face to punch. :p

Time spent blah blahing about theory fighter is time better spent playing the game. I would be playing now but I'm in the middle of something that requires more attention be paid to it and both hands free. Low energy consumption GAF it is. :(

Stop being so butthurt broheim.

Yes, because I find the match boring clearly I'm a big fat stupid head - blah blah LOLZ SHAQ FU!

I know that most of the matches I lose are because I can't calm down and stop giving my opponent a face to punch. :p

Time spent blah blahing about theory fighter is time better spent playing the game. I would be playing now but I'm in the middle of something that requires more attention be paid to it and both hands free. Low energy consumption GAF it is. :(

Leave my butt out of this u stupid fat head.....

shaq fu or clayfighter/?

Just to insert my (probably scrubby) opinion, but the Daigo-Wong EVO 2009 and Daigo-Valle SCR matches are some of the best street fighter matches I have ever seen. So much mind games and zoning and footsies going on. There was so much tension in those matches.

To me, they were kinda like Nadal/Federer Wimbledon 2008. Just 2 high level dudes going at each other, with so much tension in every action and going back and forth. I guess if you don't like tennis, the comparison means nothing (lol), but I like tennis.

Just imo as well, high level SSF4 play is very, very entertaining to watch. There is just so much tension.

Corky said:
Fuck that

Rise of the Robots 4 lyfe

This OT insanity has given me a brilliant / terrible idea.

God Awful Fighter Tournament!

Time Killers
Primal Rage
Rise of the Robots
Clayfighter
Mortal Kombat

It would surely drive the winner MAD! @_@

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.

Time Killers
Primal Rage
Rise of the Robots
Clayfighter
Mortal Kombat

Ooooooooh it's on

Zangiefattack.gif

Time Killers
Primal Rage
Rise of the Robots
Clayfighter
Mortal Kombat

Someone forgot Kasumi Ninja and Eternal Champions in that shitty fighter list.

Is Makoto supposed to be a tough matchup for Bison?

Got damn! :mad:

I can't do nothing against that skank bitch. With Rawg, I'll deliver a beatdown all day.

HiResDes

Same...Even when I am whooping a Mak's ass I inevitably get caught in a command throw ultra trap. I think it's supposed to be like 6-4 in favor of Bison, but I think the matchup is really 5-5.

black_vegeta said:
Once I'm knocked, it's over. Pretty frustrating.

You either blow her up or she blows you up. Slightly in Bison's favor cause he can keep her out all day if you got the reactions. One mess up though and it is likely over.

Didn't realize Team Hori announced their members.

Good for AndyOCR,Tatsu,Warahk and Sako.

Wasn't there something about Mad Catz getting a new member or was i mistaken?.

BadWolf

Infinite Justice said:
Wasn't there something about Mad Catz getting a new member or was i mistaken?.

Judging by the tease at the end of that last trailer I wouldn't be surprised if its Mago (wings, question mark, 2D God...).

Imm0rt4l said:
I hate it when a good payer narrowly beats you then kicks you or leaves. Smh.

That is crap, but there's a generation of players out there that only give a damn about win ratios and looking good in the stats.

Tonight was a total shut out, but I completely trolled an Akuma player in the last match so it was all worth it. OCH > Akuma

Still hate the execution in this game. Absolutely cannot count on my moves to come out in a pinch. >:|

eissan

black_vegeta said:
Eissan is playing against Latif's Ryu right noa.
lol I choked at the end :D haha soo bad...I like playin on jay's stream :D I actually get to play good players and I feel it's helping me alot :).

TMNT: Tournament Fighters is the best, sorry. Me and some other guys at EVO one year brought Sirlin over to the game area and asked that he make an rebalanced version. He just looked at us, then walked away.

He didn't say "no" though. :D

Imm0rt4l

Professor Beef said:
TMNT: Tournament Fighters is the best, sorry. Me and some other guys at EVO one year brought Sirlin over to the game area and asked that he make an rebalanced version. He just looked at us, then walked away.

He didn't say "no" though. :D
Listen to this man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom