• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again I hear a mighty Hokan player laid some smack down, and here I am wanting footage of it.

MAKE MY DREAM A REALITY GAF!

This is the easy dream, not the dream of IRL Poison and all the freaky fun to be had.

rivals

Holy shit, my VH236H showed up about an hour ago and it's such a huge difference. I did not expect to be able to notice it as much as I have but damn, I'm very glad I picked this up. Hit confirms seem way easier, I'm already feeling way better about Rufus' bnb that I've been working on for a while now.

Professor Beef said:
TMNT: Tournament Fighters is the best, sorry. Me and some other guys at EVO one year brought Sirlin over to the game area and asked that he make an rebalanced version. He just looked at us, then walked away.

He didn't say "no" though. :D
The Snes version is the shit but stay away from the Genesis version..

rivals said:
Holy shit, my VH236H showed up about an hour ago and it's such a huge difference. I did not expect to be able to notice it as much as I have but damn, I'm very glad I picked this up. Hit confirms seem way easier, I'm already feeling way better about Rufus' bnb that I've been working on for a while now.
Welcome to the club! I love that monitor.

rivals

_dementia said:
Welcome to the club! I love that monitor.

I was a little skeptical as to how much I'd actually notice it along with the fact that I purchased it pretty much solely for fighting games and shmups (once I have to get back to them) but yeah, well worth the cost. I'm blown away by how noticeable the difference is.

Lost Fragment said:
Play SSF4 for the first time in weeks, try to dash by pressing lp+mp.

I tried to ground tech, and grab with lp+lk when we were playing HDR a few days ago.

Oh, that reminds me. Edgeward, shoot me a PM here whenever you and Floyd wanna play CC again and I'm not signed onto PSN.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Sheeeeiiit, Oni looks all kinds of awesome. Too bad he is the "evilglowybaddude" that eeeeverybody will pick

USD

I throw this term around a bit too much, but seriously, waifu.

kayane27tvc.gif

Interview with Kayane & Marvel
Interview with Ken Bogard

Musan

_dementia said:
She's one of the best Soul Calibur players around.

I believe she won the SC1 world championships when she was 12.

There wasn't a SC1 world championships. She just had pretty good Talim in SC2. She came over to play SC2 at EVO a couple times in 03/04 I believe.

Musan said:
There wasn't a SC1 world championships. She just had pretty good Talim in SC2. She came over to play SC2 at EVO a couple times in 03/04 I believe.
Oh my bad. Just some crap I read in my GameFAQ days, I should have known it was BS.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Chavelo said:
Okay... What the hell does Kayane do for a living? Or why is she important for the community? D:

Good looking girl who competes in tournaments and is actually pretty good at fighting games.

Also, she won the women's tournament last year at Evo.

Musan

Kimosabae said:
I'd never heard of Kayane playing SoulCalibur 2 and I was part of that community for more than 3 years - what the hell?
Actually, looking back, I don't think she actually came over to play sc2 at evo, just sc4 in 2009. I just remember talking to people who came back from the SC2 championship at Cannes about this mythical 13-year old girl who was beating everyone in casuals.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Hasn't Kayane been competing in Calibur since SC1? There weren't any world championships for that game, but she was definitely active in the tourney circuit in France.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItfT3T0QxRE

I remember seeing her name along with DTN, Hayate, and of course her brothers (Kero and Maxi), etc. whenever the French scene was discussed on GI.com and SC.com. Many French players were sponsored pretty early (like SC2 days onward, IIRC), including Kayane.

Kayane's video message that was played during the Fight for Relief event was the first time I was really able to listen to her speak. That French accent is caught me off guard.

edit: for those that missed it: http://www.justin.tv/fightforrelief/b/282934249 (4 minute mark)

I can imagine what the stream chat must have been like when this aired...

And shoutouts to whack-ass endless lobby hosts, who screen players (pass their turn, let you fight the other guy in the lobby in order to spectate) and kick them after they think they can't beat them themselves. This one guy was just waiting for lowbies to join so that he could run his wins up. Pathetic.

edit:

Damn, Oni looks good. I hope he gets a good following from high-level players. I did not know he could do air demon.

the_log_ride said:
And shoutouts to whack-ass endless lobby hosts, who screen players (pass their turn, let you fight the other guy in the lobby in order to spectate) and kick them after they think they can't beat them themselves. This one guy was just waiting for lowbies to join so that he could run his wins up. Pathetic.
I go out of my way to ruin guys like this. when i notice it i sandbag like a motherfucker then unload on them

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Alright, here's what we'll do. Remove Rose from the game and I'll buy AE for 599$

haunts

Bacon of Hope
rivals said:

i pretty much refuse to play on anything else. lmao

rivals

haunts said:
i pretty much refuse to play on anything else. lmao

For the first couple weeks I can back to the game I was playing on my TV not even realizing it had a game mode, even then it was still pretty bad with game mode on. Yeah. There's no way I'm going back now, that monitor is great.

rivals

Ah, yeah. In any case $40 retail disc wouldn't really surprise me as that was the Super treatment. Just have to wait and see though. I'm definitely interested in seeing what all is going on there.

Hopefully the AE disc has some extra stuff also. Super had so much new content that it was a good deal, but AE doesn't seem that great yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom