• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rivals

I'm at least hoping all of the alt's will be on disc (even if not unlocked) just so the rare occasions I do play online and (even more rare) the other person uses an alt I don't have I can at least see that shit.

black_vegeta said:
I'm ready for the Yun/Yang challenge. BRING IT!!!
I'm not. I hate all 4 new characters already. I HATE 'EM! I hate Rog's nerfs too, but I'll still main him.

rivals said:
I'm at least hoping all of the alt's will be on disc (even if not unlocked) just so the rare occasions I do play online and (even more rare) the other person uses an alt I don't have I can at least see that shit.
I don't know if you are aware but you can see them in Super too. Just download the free packs and you'll see them but I can't use them.

HiResDes

black_vegeta said:
As a Bison player I'm a bit scared, I don't think he has a good enough anti-air to deal with dive kick spam very well...Might have to dash and teleport more than usual.

I'm torn.

On the one hand I don't want to buy another disc.

On the other hand, I don't want any part of AE at all, so I want a disc release, to see the internet backlash and get a laugh at the decline in sales between each release in the IV series.

But then again, knowing Capcom, instead of going "People don't like disc released updates" they'll say "People don't like fighting games" and pull out of the genre.

entremet

black_vegeta said:
If they're no DLC option, I'm going to laugh. I can understand pressing a disc for the update, but not giving Super owners the ability to upgrade via DLC will be absolutely retarded.

entrement said:
If they're no DLC option, I'm going to laugh. I can understand pressing a disc for the update, but not giving Super owners the ability to upgrade via DLC will be absolutely retarded.
Pretty much. Disc would be ideal for tourneys and those who skipped Super, but I'd like DLC. I guess we'll find out on the 12th.

rivals

Rocky_Balboa said:
I don't know if you are aware but you can see them in Super too. Just download the free packs and you'll see them but I can't use them.

I was not aware! Going to have to grab that tonight. Thanks.

rivals

Haha yeah my friend just reminded me of that and I was going to edit my post. I thought I had mentioned in my AE post that I was on PS3 but I hadn't. Whoops!

entrement said:
Agreed plus last thing we need is another community down sizing. Even less people will be AE than bought Super.

vulva

Rocky_Balboa said:
speaking of alts, when is the funpack being released with all the most recent ones?

Zapages

JKTrix said:
If a $40 AE disc happened to include a code for 3rd Strike, I'd be all over that.

I'll bite at that option... Plus the original rumor of 10 characters not just one characters and three clones. ;) lol :)

Kadey said:
The game will come out on PSP2 in some form. And it will be a perfect port/variation of the game.
Im hoping this happens...I really dont want to buy the 3DS just for SSF4..Then the PSP2 version comes out looking better..

rivals

I'm assuming the answer's no because I can't find anything about it in the game or online but I thought I'd ask anyway. Is there anyway to record/replay offline matches?

Kimosabae

Banned
ExMachina said:
Hasn't Kayane been competing in Calibur since SC1? There weren't any world championships for that game, but she was definitely active in the tourney circuit in France.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItfT3T0QxRE

I remember seeing her name along with DTN, Hayate, and of course her brothers (Kero and Maxi), etc. whenever the French scene was discussed on GI.com and SC.com. Many French players were sponsored pretty early (like SC2 days onward, IIRC), including Kayane.

Fuck...

I peeped a vid of her beating DTN at an Expo in Japan 2004 at 13. Sick Talim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9PZM5DDowQ

I'm officially in love with this girl and I refuse to wait in line.

haunts said:
i pretty much refuse to play on anything else. lmao

What about VH238H(the LED version)? That's what I got and I love it. I can't do a lag test but it should be identical to the 236 I guess.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
ExMachina said:
Hasn't Kayane been competing in Calibur since SC1? There weren't any world championships for that game, but she was definitely active in the tourney circuit in France.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItfT3T0QxRE

I remember seeing her name along with DTN, Hayate, and of course her brothers (Kero and Maxi), etc. whenever the French scene was discussed on GI.com and SC.com. Many French players were sponsored pretty early (like SC2 days onward, IIRC), including Kayane.

Yes, she has been playing since SC1, but only a select few people knew her or were able to play her during SC1 and 2 since she wasn't allowed to travel outside of France. Basically only those who were really hardcore into the community from the very beginning. FetZ was the first US player to play against her, and that was during SC1. I played against her during the Cannes World Championship as well, I lost 11 - 2 :p

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Dear god, bison HAS to be the most retardedly easy character to play....

rivals said:
I'm assuming the answer's no because I can't find anything about it in the game or online but I thought I'd ask anyway. Is there anyway to record/replay offline matches?
Answer is indeed no. Which blows considering all home ports of 3S has local replay save.

rivals

_dementia said:
Answer is indeed no. Which blows considering all home ports of 3S has local replay save.

Capcom amazes me sometimes. They manage to do things worse in newer games so often (this feature in 3S but not SSFIV, pretty much the entire menu system of MvC is botched compared to SSFIV, etc).

Corky

Threi said:

1Fatboy_reacts.gif

MIMIC

Banned
I was at GameStop with my brother the other day and they had flyers for this tournament going on in Cleveland (called April Annililation, here's the site: Console Combat.

I'm THINKING about entering but I not sure; this would be the first tournament that I've ever participated in. Could be fun though :)

MIMIC said:
I was at GameStop with my brother the other day and they had flyers for this tournament going on in Cleveland (called April Annililation, here's the site: Console Combat.

I'm THINKING about entering but I not sure; this would be the first tournament that I've ever participated in. Could be fun though :)

What!?

That game selection needs more meat on it's bones; but I'm tempted to attend so HOKAN has some representation.

Even if it is the painful shame of repeated loss.

Imm0rt4l said:
rog and bison are both easy mode imo.

True. Also, want to add Honda, Guile, and all shotos (minus Gouken) on the list as well.

Edit: Also want to add that "easy mode" necessarily mean an "easy WINNING." Just the ease of inputs.

Edit 2: Fuck it, the whole roster is "easy mode." If you know how to execute properly, "any" character become easy mode.

Corky

black_vegeta said:
True. Also, want to add Honda, Guile, and all shotos (minus Gouken) on the list as well.

Edit: Also want to add that "easy mode" necessarily mean an "easy WINNING."

And rufus, dhalsim, sagat, blanka ,zangief....etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom