• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cHaotix8

AkumaHokoru said:
sorry barlog is dumb easy. at all levels. a incompetent balrog can fight with a high level player due to balrog's tools.

Sorry, but I will never lose to a low level Balrog. If you are losing to a Balrog that doesn't use footsies or whiff punish then you don't know the matchup. Balrog is good at low levels but it takes real skill for you to win higher up. Same goes with Rufus.

Satyamdas said:
Her jump in is basically a free mixup since she can not be effectively anti aired at all unless you want to risk getting hit with a fat combo and then immediately dealing with her mixups.

Jump back/forward fierce says hi.

Threi

notag
Ok you know what? You are completely right. I had a knee-jerk reaction for a hypothetical situation that Yun wouldn't be completely overpowered in vanilla. Against Sagat's zoning and damage output Yun would be helpless with his lunge punch, shoulder, and palm mixups. Sagat does just fine against pressure of course, he has the normals to battle close range, just like chun-li. What this Japanese player said was probably right. Hopefully in your crusade against bandwagon haters you will manage to change their minds as well. You obviously put a lot of thought into this hypothetical situation and it shows.

FYI I also complained about Fei-Long in Super, before AE even came out.

But I am a bit curious myself: How would that matchup play out in vanilla? Since I am pretty uninformed and you are, why not make a detailed explanation to educate me, since my blind hatred of Yun is clouding my judgement?

Imm0rt4l

Oh snap.

I like that you can now search for specific player replays, it's nice that they have the elite channel as well. though I wouldn't say 3k pp is elite, but still nice. The evil ryu theme sounds pretty nice, hopefully they actually put in Akuma and goukens theme so I don't have to listen to ryus theme over and over.

Morris

Disco Devil
ShinHayase said:

DbBxW.gif

Yes please!!!11

USD

This update is looking pretty nice. The upgrades to the Replay Channel are good, and the ability to play with regular SSFIV players is also pretty cool.
Imm0rt4l said:
Oh snap.

I like that you can now search for specific player replays, it's nice that they have the elite channel as well. though I wouldn't say 3k pp is elite, but still nice. The evil ryu theme sounds pretty nice, hopefully they actually put in Akuma and goukens theme so I don't have to listen to ryus theme over and over.
I really don't understand why they didn't use the individual character themes for these two, especially considering how much better they are. Not sure if they will change it though, as they still use the respective vs. Ryu themes for both in the arcade release.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, if Capcom was really godlike, they'll let you pick which version of the character to use, II X/ST-style. Give me that S.Guile.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
USD said:
Now that I think about it, if Capcom was really godlike, they'll let you pick which version of the character use, II X/ST-style.
It does say you can enable/disable AE, though.

USD

Hitokage said:
It does say you can enable/disable AE, though.
I mentioned that, but accidentally edited out my first comment when editing my post, re-posted it. It's an all-across-the-board thing though. You can't fight Yun with S.Guile, for example. Of course, that would make it an entirely different game from the arcade release.

The real version I want is Ultra Street Fighter IV, with all versions of each character fully selectable.

USD said:
This update is looking pretty nice. The upgrades to the Replay Channel are good, and the ability to play with regular SSFIV players is also pretty cool.

I really don't understand why they didn't use the individual character themes for these two, especially considering how much better they are. Not sure if they will change it though, as they still use the respective vs. Ryu themes for both in the arcade release.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, if Capcom was really godlike, they'll let you pick which version of the character to use, II X/ST-style. Give me that S.Guile.
And if they were REALLY godlike, we'd have vanilla SFIV variants too.

O.Sagat plsss. lol.

C tier Yun, lol.

Is that AE DLC video uploaded anywhere else?

Reading the SRK comments confuses me.

You can pick AE versions of characters? (like A-mode or whatever), or you can turn AE changes off? Like Blazblu where you can select the version you are playing on.

USD

I figured that it was going to get removed, so I downloaded it. My internet connection is ass, but I'm re-upping it. Or just a detail breakdown:

-Addition of Yun, Yang, Evil Ryu, and Oni
-Support for the addition costumes for the 4 characters
-Includes the character prologues and endings
-Titles are shown in game, like the arcade release
-Vs battles against regular SSFIV players supported

Replay Channel upgrades
-MY CHANNEL ADVANCED: Send your favorite replays to other players
-ELITE CHANNEL: View replays of players with 3000PP or more
-REPLAY FOLLOWER: Register a player and follow their replays
ThatCrazyGuy said:
Is that AE DLC video uploaded anywhere else?

Reading the SRK comments confuses me.

You can pick AE versions of characters? (like A-mode or whatever), or you can turn AE changes off? Like Blazblu where you can select the version you are playing on.
It's the latter. Like Hitokage said, you can basically enable or disable AE.

The Hermit

USD said:
I figured that it was going to get removed, so I downloaded it

You are a God among men.

_dementia said:
And if they were REALLY godlike, we'd have vanilla SFIV variants too.

O.Sagat plsss. lol.

C tier Yun, lol.

Lol, its like Capcom was reading this very thread!!

USD said:
I figured that it was going to get removed, so I downloaded it. My internet connection is ass, but I'm re-upping it. Or just a detail breakdown:

-Addition of Yun, Yang, Evil Ryu, and Oni
-Support for the addition costumes for the 4 characters
-Includes player
-Titles are shown in game, like the arcade release.
-Vs battles against regular SSFIV players suppported

Replay Channel upgrades
-MY CHANNEL ADVANCED: Sends your favorite replays to other players
-ELITE CHANNEL: View replays of players with 3000PP or more
-REPLAY FOLLOWER: Register a player and follow their replays

It's the latter. Like Hitokage said, you can basically enable or disable AE.

Ah, I see. If you disabled AE, would you still get to play as the 4 new guys you think? Since there is no prior "version" of them.

I wonder if it is online or offline for that feature of selecting what version to play on. Seems like it would make online match making weird.

Imm0rt4l

I wouldn't be surprised if AE DLC comes with more than 4 characters and you'll pay for an unlock for the other characters at a later date.

Imm0rt4l said:
I wouldn't be surprised if AE DLC comes with more than 4 characters and you'll pay for an unlock for the other characters at a later date.
The only reason I doubt this is because of the BBFC rating listing only listed 6 minutes of new cutscenes. Unless these new characters wouldn't have an arcade mode perhaps?

Imm0rt4l

_dementia said:
The only reason I doubt this is because of the BBFC rating listing only listed 6 minutes of new cutscenes. Unless these new characters wouldn't have an arcade mode perhaps?
Yea that is reason for pause. How do they handle it with Marvel? or was that data already on the disc? Granted they're just stills.

Imm0rt4l said:
Yea that is reason for pause. How do they handle it with Marvel? or was that data already on the disc? Granted they're just stills.
Shuma and Jill were straight up unlock codes from what I remember. Everything was on-disc already.

rivals

What do you guys think about the speculation that they are going to let you choose AE/Super on a per character basis? It's an interesting idea but it's kind of crazy.

rivals said:
What do you guys think about the speculation that they are going to let you choose AE/Super on a per character basis? It's an interesting idea but it's kind of crazy.

Seems like a complicated system to work out. How is match making going to work? I don't know, I'll just wait to hear more info before I pass judgement on that particular feature.

rivals

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. The trailer was pretty vague when it came to that so I'm not really making any assumptions on functionality until I actually see it. The replay follower features might push me over to xbox though since so many of the pros play on live rather than psn. Seems like it'd be pretty useful.

USD

rivals said:
I wouldn't really call it speculation, more like mis-interpretation. The exact line from the trailer:

"Versus battles against regular SSFIV players also supported! Get out there and duke it out with the version you like the best!"

Seems obvious to me it's talking about a choice between playing Super or AE, not S.Makoto or AE.Makoto.

As for the idea, I honestly think it would be more interesting than just the plain update. I want to fight the strongest version of a character possible. Which version of a character to pick would be fairly clear-cut though, as only a handful characters would have an ambiguous choice. Like Adon, who got some buffed tools but lost the wake-up timing.

rivals said:
Yeah that's what I was thinking too. The trailer was pretty vague when it came to that so I'm not really making any assumptions on functionality until I actually see it. The replay follower features might push me over to xbox though since so many of the pros play on live rather than psn. Seems like it'd be pretty useful.

Yeah, dat replay channel buff is all sorts of awesomeness. Looking forward to that!

jlai

Lost Fragment said:
Do want to have a FT50 with Saty in Super, then a FT50 in AE and see what the difference is.

2dv8voj.gif

Hint: Instant Axe-Kick ftw

I actually believe Mak has the advantage in the matchup

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
AE, my body, is ready.

Also, the ability to subscribe to a list of specific players' replays is damned cool. Though perhaps a tad creepy and cyberstalkerish. But damned cool.

vulva

[14:34] <JWonggg> r mika is the secret char in AE

CONFIRMED

[14:34] <JWonggg> if i said r mika is the secret char in AE shit would go off the roof

body is ready etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom