• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morris

Disco Devil
I peaked at 4.6k pp and then I had one of those 'bad days' where I just kept losing to shit I shouldn't be losing and dropped to 3.6k pp and just stopped caring about ranked. Shit's too rage inducing :c

Imm0rt4l

Morro! said:
I peaked at 4.6k pp and then I had one of those 'bad days' where I just kept losing to shit I shouldn't be losing and dropped to 3.6k pp and just stopped caring about ranked. Shit's too rage inducing :c
Same with me peaked around 4.5k, I can maintain 4k which is where I'm at right now, but ranked brings all sorts of levels of salt. I'll lose to stupid shit, ask for a runback, and they'll ignore me, say I'm trash, or play me 1 match then leave. Sometimes I'm not even salty when I lose and If I ask for a runback to get more familiar with the matchup/have a good fight they start talking shit. i'm gonna try and make it to 5k club with AE.

Imm0rt4l said:
Same with me peaked around 4.5k, I can maintain 4k which is where I'm at right now, but ranked brings all sorts of levels of salt. I'll lose to stupid shit, ask for a runback, and they'll ignore me, say I'm trash, or play me 1 match then leave. Sometimes I'm not even salty when I lose and If I ask for a runback to get more familiar with the matchup/have a good fight they start talking shit. i'm gonna try and make it to 5k club with AE.

This. Some people can take shit too damn seriously sometimes.

Now that AE is coming down the pipes, I'm gonna make one last run in ranked match hell and get my easy mode Sim to A+ B+HK all day.

the_log_ride said:

Now that AE is coming down the pipes, I'm gonna make one last run in ranked match hell and get my easy mode Sim to A+ B+HK all day.

XS5ct.gif

Imm0rt4l

the_log_ride said:

lol

Versus being Super or AE is interesting. The next iteration of street fighter is usually accepted without question, simply for the fact that it's new. (see SFII Hyper Fighting vs SSF2) With Super as an easy accessible option, it may give our community more of an incentive to play with the version they think is truly superior.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I keep telling people Kuma is a man of many talents. Singing definitely isn't one of them. LOL.

Can't wait for AE. Late night chill times are awesome with various people. Every single fighter from this point on should have spectator mode at the very least.

Awesome Dhalsim. Beasting on people until Sephy took him out.

http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/283199007

Playing with Dhalsim is very fun. I'm getting the zoning down but once people get in. Oh crap. I have to work on my close up game.

http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/283199467

No I cannot sing. however I am a man of my word...however if yall donate (Akuma_Hokoru@hotmail.com via paypal) I'll release an album of all your favorite hits!

My PP jumps around 5300 nowadays.
Actually, I've lost more than 400 pp last week just because my 360 started locking up. But I typically get it back fast. ^_^

Mœbius

I'm around 2000 PP on my active JPN account; but my original EU account (on which I have played only a handful of times with Super) is around 800... yeah.

I'm pretty awful.

PP really doesn't mean anything, perhaps only showing you play a lot of ranked and win a good % of your games there.

Say's the guy with 1200 :p I stick to endless exclusively

cackhyena

Solid_Rain said:
PP really doesn't mean anything, perhaps only showing you play a lot of ranked and win a good % of your games there.

Say's the guy with 1200 :p I stick to endless exclusively
It shows much more than BP that you actually are pretty good. I've played people with ridiculous amounts of BP and very low PP and wiped the floor with them. It means everything if you are trying to measure a player before the fight. BP means nothing.

I only have 1500 or so PP, myself. All I do is Endless nowadays.

El Sloth

Banned
AkumaHokoru said:
No I cannot sing. however I am a man of my word...however if yall donate (Akuma_Hokoru@hotmail.com via paypal) I'll release an album of all your favorite hits!
brb emptying bank account

Lost Fragment said:
Had like 3.8k pp. Didn't play for a month, then I dropped to 3k when I started playing again.
I think I peaked at 2k when I played Adon exclusively around launch last year. Now I'm probably sub-1k, lol

I got to 4500 PP and then I stopped playing ranked. Although, I sometimes play at my friends house with his tag. I miss championship mode...

Finally got to try out evil Ryu today. He feels really solid if you already have a good ground game as a player. I was doing pretty well with him through out the day despite not even knowing how to input his super, lol.

How do I do that anyway

Haha, I'm not really sure. To be honest I tried to get in a couple of sneaky supers, but it's possible that I just flubbed the inputs all those times.

dankir

Seeing that you're all Street Fighter nerds in here, when Akuma does his raging demon ultra or Oni does either of his ultras what does that character that always show up in he background / on his back mean?

dankir said:
Seeing that you're all Street Fighter nerds in here, when Akuma does his raging demon ultra or Oni does either of his ultras what does that character that always show up in he background / on his back mean?
I think it means Heaven. I'm not sure if ONI has a different symbol though.

USD

cackhyena said:
Does that even work with regular Akuma?
Yes. You can super-cancel the start-up of the overhead.
dankir said:
Akuma: 天 (Ten), "Heaven"
Evil Ryu: 滅 (Metsu), "Destruction"
Oni: It's a combination of two kanji: 神 (Kami, "god"), which forms the top half, with the bottom (the "legs") of 鬼 (Oni, "demon"), which forms the bottom half. Together, you get "God Demon."

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
USD said:
Yes. You can super-cancel the start-up of the overhead.

Akuma: 天 (Ten), "Heaven"
Evil Ryu: 滅 (Metsu), "Destruction"
Oni: It's a combination of two kanji: 神 (Kami, "god"), which forms the top half, with the bottom (the "legs") of 鬼 (Oni, "demon"), which forms the bottom half. Together, you get "God Demon."
what about the 4 symbols that appear during Akuma's Ultra demon?

Imm0rt4l said:
They should just change Akumas name back to Gouki so we don't have to call this new character oni, but Akuma.
Why did they change it in the first place? I understand the Shadaloo name swaps were because of Mike Tyson, but why Akuma?

Imm0rt4l

_dementia said:
Why did they change it in the first place. I understand the Shadaloo name swaps were because of Mike Tyson, but why Akuma?

I have no idea, I'm sure theres probably no real reason other then people behind the localization being stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom