• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

Man if they can release this early to coincide with MK9, Ono will reach God troll status. I hope this comes out before the purported june 24th date.

Ribbon

Imm0rt4l said:
Man if they can release this early to coincide with MK9, Ono will reach God troll status. I hope this comes out before the purported june 24th date.

Yeah. I really don't want to wait that long :(

Imm0rt4l

black_vegeta said:
It will make it alot easier for him to keep track of certain players in the replay channel.

That shit is time consuming.
yea,I can't imagine having to scroll through all that shit regularly. I think he'll have problems with actually getting jp players though. Maybe some will casually play from home as well as in the arcades?

Imm0rt4l said:
yea,I can't imagine having to scroll through all that shit regularly. I think he'll have problems with actually getting jp players though. Maybe some will casually play from home as well as in the arcades?

A very small percentage currently do that with SSF4. It may be different with AE, knowing they have godlike interwebz speeds. Personally, I hope they do play both (arcade and console). Since I am a YouTube viewing whore, I can see all my favorite players when I like.

Solune

Conceited said:
I just want to see that Rice Eater E.Ryu technology in action.
J.FP > C.MP > S.FP xx M Axe KICK > C.MP xx Hadoken > FADC > FP xx M Axekick > C.MP xx EX Tatsu > U2.
Do it RiceEater

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
The screen they have in the trailer shows that online mode now shows BP/PP during battle under the life bars, as well as another number off to the side... anyone know what they are/mean?

Conceited said:
I just want to see that Rice Eater E.Ryu technology in action.

Solune said:
J.FP > C.MP > S.FP xx M Axe KICK > C.MP xx Hadoken > FADC > FP xx M Axekick > C.MP xx EX Tatsu > U2.
Do it RiceEater

My body is ready

Unfortunately my execution may not be, oh wellz I'm gonna be all ovah dat Evil Ryu anyways :3

The Hermit

kitzkozan said:
Official introduction to Oni moveset. :)

His ultra 2 is simply the stuff of legend, think I might change my avatar as soon as I see an animated 8 bits style Oni. :p I just might main him, as he's got the uppercut that Gouken never got + same body frame + just being +100 in term of coolness.

When I first saw Oni's regular uppercut being ShinShoryuken I was in awe... I love that attack since 3rd strike, so fucking cool!

One other thing I'm wondering about. It said "Versus battles against regular SSF4 players also supported" and "Get out there and duke it out with the version you like best". Does that mean we can play as either the AE or Super version of the current characters? How about Super Honda vs AE Mak or Super Seth vs Yun? Oh cowardcopter, it's like you never left.

EDIT: I just read the previous page now, I guess that won't be the case. Oh well, we'll see.

The Hermit

Rice-Eater said:
One other thing I'm wondering about. It said "Versus battles against regular SSF4 players also supported" and "Get out there and duke it out with the version you like best"Does that mean we can play as either the AE or Super version of the current characters?

As far as I understand you can cross play against someone using Super, also you can toggle the version, but not the characters individually.
So I guess you can play someone with another version online, but not offline.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Imm0rt4l said:
I hear that ranked matches are arcade edition only, whereas player matches you can play whomever.

That would make sense. Or it would be neat to let you use whatever version you want offline, Arcade vs Console edition character offline would be real neat.

I wish they would have raised the elite player thing to 4000+ PP(maybe even 5000+). I've been in and out of 3000 a number of times and I'm definitely not elite, I've also played many players around the 3000 range who definitely knew what they were doing like myself, but were honestly just not that good. But every 4000+ player has run a train on me. But oh well, that's what they decided. At least it'll be easier to look for those replays now instead of spending up to an hour or so just to find a few good matches.

Imm0rt4l said:
I hear that ranked matches are arcade edition only, whereas player matches you can play whomever.
Are the resetting Battle Points and Player Points too?
I personally wouldn't mind a clean slate but that really fucks people going for C to Shining C.

Imm0rt4l

Rice-Eater said:
I wish they would have raised the elite player thing to 4000+ PP(maybe even 5000+). I've been in and out of 3000 a number of times and I'm definitely not elite, I've also played many players around the 3000 range who definitely knew what they were doing like myself, but were honestly just not that good. But every 4000+ player has run a train on me. But oh well, that's what they decided. At least it'll be easier to look for those replays now instead of spending up to an hour or so just to find a few good matches.
yes, 3000 is too low. I'm at 4k and I don't consider myself elite at all. I had a 4k pp guile on my friendslist who was absolutely horrible, he would constantly use cr. rounhouse, and never made it safe despite my punishing him severely for abusing it.

_dementia said:
Are the resetting Battle Points and Player Points too?
I personally wouldn't mind a clean slate but that really fucks people going for C to Shining C.

I have no idea, was wonderin the same as well. I wouldn't mind, but then again I'm not some 30k grandmaster player haha, would suck for them.

_dementia said:

That's BP, PP is usually more indicative of how good your opponent is. There are boosters out there, but the majority of the time when you run into somebody with 4000+ PP, you're going to get bodied unless you're pretty decent yourself. I wish it would have been 5000 or more though. So only the best of the best are shown. Unless you're boosting real hard, 5000 pp is practically impossible for us mortals to reach.

entremet

Yeah. I'm 5000k and I'm pretty much garbage. Mostly due to the low hanging fruit on PSN. I found stiffer competition on XBL.

Rice-Eater said:
That's BP, PP is usually more indicative of how good your opponent is. There are boosters out there, but I'd say 90% of the time when you run into somebody with 4000+ PP, you're going to get bodied unless you're pretty decent yourself.

This.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Anyone who is equal or lower than my PP is garbage, and anyone higher than me is elite and should be in the Evo Top 8.

My PP is 1500

Imm0rt4l said:
yes, 3000 is too low. I'm at 4k and I don't consider myself elite at all. I had a 4k pp guile on my friendslist who was absolutely horrible, he would constantly use cr. rounhouse, and never made it safe despite my punishing him severely for abusing it.
I don't think they meant character points.

Adam Prime said:
Anyone who is equal or lower than my PP is garbage, and anyone higher than me is elite and should be in the Evo Top 8.

My PP is 1500

Your PP must be this big?

DCBS52.jpg

LakeEarth

I peaked at 4200k, and even still I need to improve on my footsie and metagame if I want to do better than that. I don't like choosing the same character over and over, so I end up losing my points on a Hakan kick.

It does feel kind of good to know that I can be included in that club(normally around 2500- low 3000's). But then I look at how I play and I'm trash and don't belong there. I don't mean to be an asshole, but the same goes for other players like me. I wish they would raise it but that's there decision.

As for why is this important to me. Well I want them to weed out everybody else except for the best players(who play a shit load of ranked that is). So it'll be easier to find there videos and see them duke it out with so all dat PP on the line.

I kinda wish they would have character-specific PP only. Make it accumulate and detract the same way PP does right now, and eliminate BP.

GIVE ME A DATE, CAPGODS!

vulva

I average around 2600 PP but, in the defense of that guile, sometimes I just don't feel like trying and do some really stupid stuff online. I'm also terrible at the game, though

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Good to hear about AE, just hope they tweak Yun and Yang... its going to be really boring if they keep them the way they are. Also I have no respect for them removing gameplay tactics from characters who are supposed to be keep away... hopefully they fix the problems with AE

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Happy Phantom said:
I average around 2600 PP but, in the defense of that guile, sometimes I just don't feel like trying and do some really stupid stuff online. I'm also terrible at the game, though

Haha, I'm the same way. My playstyle differs from day to day depending on how I'm feeling, sometimes I'll play solid footsies, land combos off every hit confirm, have amazing reactions and ultra whiffed specials every single time, and then other times I'll just mash LP shoryu or LK Jaguar kick for an entire round.

Thats probably one of the reason I'll never be really good at this game, I just can't be super serious about it and I get really impaitent when people turtle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom