• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitzkozan

I'm gonna have a lot of fun with the new Gouken and Ken which was my old main in other games. :D

Although it seems obvious that both Yun and Yang will be top tier monsters. :p Boxer will still be strong,if not top tier as well.Not so sure about Viper and Gief as Daigo predicted,since a lot of characters have been buffed.

Rocwell

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Makoto vs Cody

cr.lk xx EX hayate works
Yay!

That s. lk xx karakusa setup at the end was sick too.

:edit:

Timedog said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZnzE-8u1cE

Why does Guy's crouching kick (i think lk or mk) whiff at point blank range vs a standing, non blocking yang @ 3:10?????
Yun/Yang for Omega Tom Hanks tier. Seriously though, it looks like Yang was in the middle of the step back for the palm strike feint so maybe it has lower body invincibility or something.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Rocwell said:
Yay!

That s. lk xx karakusa setup at the end was sick too.

:edit:

Yun/Yang for Omega Tom Hanks tier. Seriously though, it looks like Yang was in the middle of the step back for the palm strike feint so maybe it has lower body invincibility or something.
apparently you can kara cancel lk. on every frame.

simtmb said:

oooh thanks, yuro fighting

Imm0rt4l

someone testing the new gouken
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f8DJpS05UE

it seems lp senkugoshoha links from a few normals, and may make for some nice blockstrings. demonflip parry has much faster recovery as seen in the end, though still not as fast as Akumas hammer fist.

I feel like I have a lot to relearn with him sinceI won't be able to do safe palms with lp anymore, perhaps with mp and they've changed his inputs for kongoshin(THANK YOU BASED GOD)

I wonder if kongo fadc > lp palm still works or if mp will work in it's place? I hear blanka balls are punishable now with fireball lol.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I don't know who that MashingTurbo guy is, doesn't matter, but he's another one saying how much worse all of the Blanka Balls are, and the royalflush videos show it too, even if the people he fought against didn't try to punish. It's ridiculous, a good bit of them looked punishable on hit, even more often that it is now.

And again, Honda got hit way too hard if Ross' day one impressions are anything to go by - as if being a charge character wasn't bad enough for jump-ins...

I love what I see with Hakan's oil up speed and being able to stack though, lovely. Still need video of a Yang or even Yun beasting, no one has really shown much yet.

Satyamdas said:
Yeah, gotta leave a couple characters alone for the braindead players to use.

No way - Balrog is actually one of the handful of balanced characters, and a model of how all the characters should have been if Capcom had kept their original word about the game being an offensive game, instead of making characters worse in every version, some for no reason - it's not his fault if other characters are poor compared to him!

haunts said:
i approve of this post

Now I know someone who mained Sagat in Vanilla SF4 didn't just comment about brain-dead characters... :lol

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
So any word yet on a console release? My guess is we get the boss characters unlocked, 2 new characters and its a retail only version. Dlc will play havoc on competition management and I don't see Capcom splitting the community with dlc... Just what I think anyway.

I'm so psyched right now. Yang seems better in every video. His moveset is a combination of characters I play in Super already(Fei, Gen, Ibuki), and he has the palm and divekicks. Plus, he was one of my secondaries in 3s, so I'm pretty comfortable with his general style, and he doesn't look nearly as different as the other 3s characters wound up. From watching all these videos, I might drop all my other characters altogether. Might keep Gen or Dudley, depending on how their changes look.

I just hope AE comes out before the Shuma Gorath DLC, because I'm going to play Marvel hardcore.

Combofiend straight murdered that Dhalsim player... Couldn't really analyze anything cuz the Sim player just kept hitting st.HP and j.HP. Weak, man. Weak.

I love combos that are worthless but just look so fucking strong.

My favorite is Cody's FP xx Criminal Upper FA. ONE TWO THREE.

It's like he's hitting a punching bag.

Who is the Rufus playing Alioune?

And Wiseblade, I don't think Alioune would fair well against Justin Wong or Ricky Ortiz. I'd consider them the best Rufus players in the world.

ultim8p00

Banned
God's Beard said:
I'm so psyched right now. Yang seems better in every video. His moveset is a combination of characters I play in Super already(Fei, Gen, Ibuki), and he has the palm and divekicks. Plus, he was one of my secondaries in 3s, so I'm pretty comfortable with his general style, and he doesn't look nearly as different as the other 3s characters wound up. From watching all these videos, I might drop all my other characters altogether. Might keep Gen or Dudley, depending on how their changes look.

I just hope AE comes out before the Shuma Gorath DLC, because I'm going to play Marvel hardcore.

You know what I'm happy about? Ken is finally going to be top-tier in AE. I'm so psyched. Hopefully there's a patch that brings AE to consoles.

Dartastic

ultim8p00 said:
You know what I'm happy about? Ken is finally going to be top-tier in AE. I'm so psyched. Hopefully there's a patch that brings AE to consoles.
Seriously. I'd love at least some hints on when it's coming.

Mike M

Nick N
ultim8p00 said:
I would guess there'd be a title update with the balance changes, and maybe the assets of the twins so you can fight against people playing as them, and maybe DLC to access them yourself.

Really can't imagine another retail release being the only option. The upgrade between AE and Super is nowhere near the upgrade between Super and Vanilla.

Mike M said:
I would guess there'd be a title update with the balance changes, and maybe the assets of the twins so you can fight against people playing as them, and maybe DLC to access them yourself.

Really can't imagine another retail release being the only option. The upgrade between AE and Super is nowhere near the upgrade between Super and Vanilla.

Yeah, this would probably be the best choice for Capcom.

It's not like Super where they added selectable ultras, new stages, intros, endings, characters, music, modes and rebalanced the old characters.

But we'll see. I wouldn't be mad if they came out with a $19.99 game of the year edition. But no way am I paying $40 for such a minor upgrade.

hitsugi

Yun is fucking fun. Geneijin combos are easy as hell.. couldn't do kara stuff but it could just be a huge gap in the timing difference from 3s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom