• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
NinajHeartless said:
http://shoryuken.com/f7/console-warzone-ssf4-mvc3-team-spooky-stream-4-23-11-mahwah-nj-270214/

This Saturday there is gonna be a small tourney in Mahwah, NJ. From the looks of things Noel Brown and Marlinpie will be in attendance (I'll be there too, being free as shit in both Marvel and Super).

It will be streamed by Team Spooky so I just thought I let ya'll know.

Anyone in the area should try to make it out, should be a really good time :)
I'll watch to see you make Noel Brown look so free, he'd punch his own momma.

So I played some vanilla PC today just to see how things are still going in that realm. And it was like the last time I played, almost every game felt like I was playing underwater. It's so bad, I'm not sure whether it's lag or people having there settings too high, but it's unbearable.

I have really fond memories of this game to as it's the version that got me into competitive play. But I'm worried that it'll remain this bad when AE comes out. I'll probably still get it anyways but I won't play it that much if things remain this way. Which makes me wonder, were things always this bad and I just didn't know any better or did most games actually ran pretty well? Can anyone else who played a lot of vanilla PC tell me what you think?

Satyamdas

Banned
Rice-Eater said:
So I played some vanilla PC today just to see how things are still going in that realm. And it was like the last time I played, almost every game felt like I was playing underwater. It's so bad, I'm not sure whether it's lag or people having there settings too high, but it's unbearable.

I have really fond memories of this game to as it's the version that got me into competitive play. But I'm worried that it'll remain this bad when AE comes out. I'll probably still get it anyways but I won't play it that much if things remain this way. Which makes me wonder, were things always this bad and I just didn't know any better or did most games actually ran pretty well? Can anyone else who played a lot of vanilla PC tell me what you think?
I played a lot of vanilla PC and when the connections were green it was awesome, identical in performance to green XBL connection matches.

What were the connections like when you tried pc this last time? Because I still play vanilla PC every so often and even in SoCal it is almost impossible to find green or even yellow connections these days. But when I am able to, they play perfectly like they always did. And now that I think about it, I would play a lot of orange 3 bar connections since beggars can't be choosers, and I remember them playing really well too. Actually, jlai and I played some vanilla PC recently and it was perfect, felt exactly like our XBL connection, at least on my end. Next time you want to play some vanilla PC come into the chat and let me know :D

Satyamdas said:
I played a lot of vanilla PC and when the connections were green it was awesome, identical in performance to green XBL connection matches.

What were the connections like when you tried pc this last time? Because I still play vanilla PC every so often and even in SoCal it is almost impossible to find green or even yellow connections these days. But when I am able to, they play perfectly like they always did. And now that I think about it, I would play a lot of orange 3 bar connections since beggars can't be choosers, and I remember them playing really well too. Actually, jlai and I played some vanilla PC recently and it was perfect, felt exactly like our XBL connection, at least on my end. Next time you want to play some vanilla PC come into the chat and let me know :D

All my matches were 2-4 bars, mainly 3-4 bars though and they were just down right atrocious. I was so frustrated that I went straight to SSF4 360 just to blow some off some steam. I even dropped my resolution all the way down to 800x600 thinking that maybe I was the problem, but that didn't help the matches run any smoother. Back when I was playing this all the time I remember thinking that 2-3 bar connections were actually very playable, now I don't know what to think.

After Super came out, I didn't play Vanilla PC for a very long time. Since the first time I went back late last year, it has always felt this way. Always so slow, sluggish, and laggy. I've never gotten a full 5 bar connection, but I've gotten plenty of 4 bar connections and they never felt quite right either. So yet again, I'm asking myself, were things really this bad back then I just didn't notice because I was a casual player?

But yeah I'd like to play Vanilla sometimes when we both are free. I hope it feels much better then the random ranked matches I've been playing recently.

jlai

Satyamdas said:

Yeah I'd say its about on par with the XBL connections. Just finished playing some matches with some random dude which was about equivalent to a bad yellow on 360. Something I did remember from when I played that a lot was it seemed like there were never any true yellow bar connections on SF4 PC, it'd always start there before I joined the lobby and would drop down to 3 bars or less without fail. Happened today too.

Satyamdas

Banned
jlai said:
Yeah I'd say its about on par with the XBL connections. Just finished playing some matches with some random dude which was about equivalent to a bad yellow on 360. Something I did remember from when I played that a lot was it seemed like there were never any true yellow bar connections on SF4 PC, it'd always start there before I joined the lobby and would drop down to 3 bars or less without fail. Happened today too.
Yeah that is a huge complaint I have about SF4/SSF4 online: inaccurate connection indicators.

I've had it where it showed green or yellow for at least 30 seconds before our match, then when we play it is unplayably laggy, and when we get back to the lobby of course it's now a red 1 bar connection. That's why when I refresh or get a new list of connections, I let them sit for a few seconds even after they stop flashing before I choose one, and the problem with doing that is that they don't last very long as it is so if you don't pick one quickly you get the "unable to connect" message a lot.

Rice: I think it is probably just bad connections this time around. You would have noticed a difference going from PC to XBL the first time if it was something inherent in that platform. I'm curious to see how our PC connection would be since we can compare it to our XBL one now (which is more than adequate on my end).

Well actually I transitioned from PC Vanilla to PS3 Super. I had PS3 Vanilla first, but my PS3 died on me so I bought it for PC. But anyways from what I can remember, I thought it ran much better then PS3 Vanilla. When Super came out, I got it for PS3 of course and I thought it was better then PS3 Vanilla, but not quite as good as PC Vanilla. So that's how I compared the three when I transitioned from Vanilla to Super. I just recently got a Xbox 360 last December and I must say, I think SSF4 360 has definitely been the best of the 3 from my experience.

But yeah, even though we're on opposite sides of the US, I think our matches run pretty smoothly for the most part. Would be interesting to see how it compares to matches we have in Vanilla PC.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Alright, I'm kinda planning for the future here and really want a strong gaf-SF community but anyways :

For eu-gaf planning to get the pc-version of AE make yourselves heard :

1. Corky *foreveralone*

That Daigo clip is awesome if only because it proves you can have kitchen cook Yun without the hat (alt 10 variant I assume). I'm going to rock that 24/7.

I really don't think he was playing another top-level player or anything, so the blowout was to be expected.

Corky

_dementia said:
BP works differently in the arcade version, but yeah he's got the highest BP out of all ranked players.

out of curiousity, how do they work ?

the_log_ride said:
lvl 3 FA (dash back) palm, palm, dash punch looks so fly

I wonder what the conversion rate would be from console to arcade bp/pp.

Speaking of PP/BP...did they mention which formula (console or arcade) they're going to use for the AE console release?

Sounds about right. I recall someone on here (Akuma?) mentioning it was 3x as much.

I know this isn't in the right place, but whatever. Interview with S-Kill re: SFxT HERE

I like the closing words where he speaks on the FG community, and how people join and become a part of it. I wish I could get some of my friends to join up. They give up way too easily...

I know it's S-Kill, so i should take it with a grain of Mortons, but him saying there's no silly comeback mechanic in SFxTK is really encouraging.

Corky

the_log_ride said:
Sounds about right. I recall someone on here (Akuma?) mentioning it was 3x as much.

I know this isn't in the right place, but whatever. Interview with S-Kill re: SFxT HERE

I like the closing words where he speaks on the FG community, and how people join and become a part of it. I wish I could get some of my friends to join up. They give up way too easily...

I thought I was the only one, I have literally only one friend to play SF with. I dare only dream of living somewhere where we were a gang who played the game. Oh one can dream though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom