• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

_dementia said:
I know it's S-Kill, so i should take it with a grain of Mortons, but him saying there's no silly comeback mechanic in SFxTK is really encouraging.
I don't believe shit s-kill says, but it is nice to hear.

jlai

the_log_ride said:
Sounds about right. I recall someone on here (Akuma?) mentioning it was 3x as much.

I know this isn't in the right place, but whatever. Interview with S-Kill re: SFxT HERE

I like the closing words where he speaks on the FG community, and how people join and become a part of it. I wish I could get some of my friends to join up. They give up way too easily...

The round being over when any of your chars loses their life is a pretty interesting mechanic, didn't even know that existed in any games before

funny him saying that considering tekken invented the silly come back mechanic via rage (though to be fair you can kill the person who gets it before it goes off) and yes i was the one who said it was like 3x as much

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
AkumaHokoru said:
funny him saying that considering tekken invented the silly come back mechanic via rage (though to be fair you can kill the person who gets it before it goes off) and yes i was the one who said it was like 3x as much
Um, depending on how you define "silly", comeback mechanics have been around for ages.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Imm0rt4l said:
I'm curious what other characters/players can go on tears this long? I remember Hsien Chang getting a streak of 70 something a while back, ended by marn.

Well I don't know about other streams but Lamerboi got an 89 win streak on PJS using Guile and Rufus, Nashfan got 79 with Chun, Wolfkrone got 73 with Viper, Rico Suave got 62 with Abel and Ramenaddict got 55 with Adon.

But obviously it has a lot to do with who is in the lobby at the time, if its just a bunch of scrubs then even someone who isn't great can pull off a decent win streak, but if you have Latif and Lamer in the lobby you pretty much have no chance.

Apparently Latif actually just crossed 100 wins, the number had just reset due to a disconnection or something.

Satyamdas

Banned
Oh boy, a huge streak with a character who does stupid huge damage with some of the best mixups in the game and braindead easy ultra setups. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Imm0rt4l

Satyamdas said:
Oh boy, a huge streak with a character who does stupid huge damage with some of the best mixups in the game and braindead easy ultra setups. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Haha, here we go again. *waits on Kimosabae

*eats popcorn

Satyamdas said:

My rage levels will be through the roof come AE, my friend. Yoga.

Satyamdas

Banned
And on top of that, it's a streak against guys who seem to have picked up the game last week. Double perfects? C'mon, son.gif

I'm just shitting on Latif because he hates on my boy eva01. :p Dude is a first class gaf-banned word.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
AkumaHokoru said:
The first game ive played with a 'comeback mechanic' was Fatal Fury.
I think it was the first game to have it too.

Imm0rt4l

yea, I know fatal fury, art of fighting and maybe some of the early kof games had comeback mechanics, definitely didn't start with tekken 6.

the aof/fatal fury comeback mechanic was in the form of a special move with a absurd motion that wasnt listed they had to be found/released by snk. Rage is something that just happens and gives you a huge stat boost for getting your ass kicked.

USD said:
Tomorrow is the TOPANGA Charity Cup in Japan. 5-on-5 AE tournament that will feature Umehara, Tokido, and a lot of other big players. It's scheduled to start at 11 PM EDT, not sure how early the stream will be up.

The stream will be here:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/topanga-tv

As someone who grew up watching Boy Meets World in the 90s, that's what immediately comes to my mind when I see that name. Any idea why it's called the Topanga Charity Cup? What I mean is does Topanga mean something, or is it just a name they decided to use like when they used Natsuki Shiozawa's name for the Shiozawa Cup from a year ago?

Rice-Eater said:
As someone who grew up watching Boy Meets World in the 90s, that's what immediately comes to my mind when I see that name.
2gujzbd.gif

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
AkumaHokoru said:
the aof/fatal fury comeback mechanic was in the form of a special move with a absurd motion that wasnt listed they had to be found/released by snk. Rage is something that just happens and gives you a huge stat boost for getting your ass kicked.

Even if you want to exclude those, Tekken 6 is still not the first game to incorporate a comeback mechanic.

Axis

Imm0rt4l said:
I'm curious what other characters/players can go on tears this long? I remember Hsien Chang getting a streak of 70 something a while back, ended by marn.

a couple of gaffers have gotten up to 40+ before losing...eva and greg(i think)...maybe dbj, saty as well

and fuck latif for hating on eva since eva stopped his win streak the last time he tried it :3

Oichi said:
Even if you want to exclude those, Tekken 6 is still not the first game to incorporate a comeback mechanic.
I do considering how few comebacks they actually contributed to.

so...what predates tekken's rage?

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Yeah, what Professor Beef posted. That's the first time I can remember that mechanic being introduced.

Satyamdas

Banned
Kimosabae said:
Missed the nightly Saty Vagina Monologues regarding Viper, I see.
Don't worry. My salt is only directed at players who can use Viper competently. Holla back when you can win a 6-4 matchup that is heavily in your favor.

Well I was bored today and decided to post some hate mail for your entertainment if you care. If you've played me before, you know that I spam the hell out of Ken's kara throw(and step kick, but that doesn't seem to be the issue here) like there is no tomorrow. And I guess it kind of pissed off a few people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpymZYbiAJU

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l30/Rice-Eater/Picture5.jpg

Unfortunately I played too many matches before noticing either of these and I don't have the matches nor do I remember who they played. But I know the feeling, getting hit by that shit is very annoying. Hang in there you two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom