• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solune

Rice-Eater said:
Well I was bored today and decided to post some hate mail for your entertainment if you care. If you've played me before, you know that I spam the hell out of Ken's kara throw(and step kick, but that doesn't seem to be the issue here) like there is no tomorrow. And I guess it kind of pissed off a few people.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpymZYbiAJU
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l30/Rice-Eater/Picture5.jpg
Unfortunately I played too many matches before noticing either of these and I don't have the matches nor do I remember who they played. But I know the feeling, getting hit by that shit is very annoying. Hang in there you two.
That was one of the most horrible voices I have ever heard. And lulz someone doesn't know how to tech throws. People hate losing to Ken though no matter if you're good or not.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
If you can consistently pull off kens kara throw online then by god child use it as often as you can. It's one of the most badass things out there but for me it's either :

a) I'm having a day where I'm lucky and have an execution rate of 50%

or

b) one of those days.... 1% , the rest are standing regular throws or f.mk comes out making me hate life.

Looking forward to seeing Topanga hawtness tonight.

Also, my dual modded stick will be coming in tomorrow. I'll be ready for Evo as well as be able to play PSNSSF4 Gaf. :D

No, I just need to pick up a used copy of dat Supah.

rivals

I need to either dual mod my PS3 stick or grab a 360 one. I kind of don't want to dual mod because I wouldn't have a headphone jack. Or bonus expensive option: build a new dual mod from scratch with a fancy fucking wood case. Really don't want to drop more than $200 all said and done though and I can't find nice cases much less than $150 shipped :(

Axis

rivals said:
I need to either dual mod my PS3 stick or grab a 360 one. I kind of don't want to dual mod because I wouldn't have a headphone jack. Or bonus expensive option: build a new dual mod from scratch with a fancy fucking wood case. Really don't want to drop more than $200 all said and done though and I can't find nice cases much less than $150 shipped :(

just go for a 360 TE or hrap...join us on xbl gaf!

black_vegeta said:
Hahaha, vanilla, hahaha...I sold mine. :(
I'm probably going to resub to Gold when disc AE comes out (AE + Gears 3 is putting me over the edge). Looking forward to the beatdownz, even despite my tier whoring.

cHaotix8

Imm0rt4l said:
I'm curious what other characters/players can go on tears this long? I remember Hsien Chang getting a streak of 70 something a while back, ended by marn.

That wasn't online though, it was at the arcade. And he was lucky I or my boy B-nasty wasn't there to put him in his place!

Rice-Eater said:
Well I was bored today and decided to post some hate mail for your entertainment if you care. If you've played me before, you know that I spam the hell out of Ken's kara throw(and step kick, but that doesn't seem to be the issue here) like there is no tomorrow. And I guess it kind of pissed off a few people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpymZYbiAJU

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l30/Rice-Eater/Picture5.jpg

Unfortunately I played too many matches before noticing either of these and I don't have the matches nor do I remember who they played. But I know the feeling, getting hit by that shit is very annoying. Hang in there you two.

I must get on XBL. Voice-hate mail is hilarious!

This PSN maintenance is making me rage, but if XBL is free for the weekend, then YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Imm0rt4l

cHaotix8 said:
That wasn't online though, it was at the arcade. And he was lucky I or my boy B-nasty wasn't there to put him in his place!

I think that B-Nasty was one of the casualties to Hsiens Yun! I might be mistaken though, perhaps he played against Marns Yun. Good to hear that your confident in the matchup, If Yun proves to be a problem for gouken I might have to use duds.

cHaotix8

Imm0rt4l said:
I think that B-Nasty was one of the casualties to Hsiens Yun! I might be mistaken though, perhaps he played against Marns Yun. Good to hear that your confident in the matchup, If Yun proves to be a problem for gouken I might have to use duds.

haha I'm sure he was. Last time I was there though B-nasty was giving that Yun the business, aka jump > EX Air Tatsu > Raging Demon.

Yun is a problem for everyone sadly. :(

Here's some pics of my Dual Modded TE stick. New Chimps board makes it plug and play with the PS3. Had Akuma001 switch my ball top and buttons to dat all black. I'll eventually change the artwork later on.

Photo0098.jpg

Photo0097-1.jpg

black_vegeta said:
Here's some pics of my Dual Modded TE stick. New Chimps board makes it plug and play with the PS3. Had Akuma001 switch my ball top and buttons to dat all black. I'll eventually change the artwork later on.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n5/akuma001/Photo0098.jpg
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n5/akuma001/Photo0097-1.jpg
That's hot. akuma001 does good work. I am thinking about sending my ailing VSHG his way for a clean AkiShop PC/PS3/360 PCB install.

We should all post out sticks.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
I wonder if Air will be maining Evil Ryu in AE with all these videos hes posting and his recent blog, he seems to think Evil is better than regular Ryu in AE, and it would be nice to see someone with so much shoto expertise pick up Evil Ryu.

rivals

_dementia said:
So XBL gold is going to be free this weekend. Xbox-GAF wanna play Vanilla with me?

:(

Fuck yes, this is what I needed. If XBL runs smoother than PSN (lolunderwater) I'll be getting a stick and XBL within a couple weeks. I was scrounging for a free code the last few days to try this out. I guess I'm going to have to pad warrior it though but that's fine since I'm just trying to see the lag.

EDIT: I just artmodded my TE the other night, haven't gotten new buttons and ball top yet though because I wanted to see the artwork on the stick itself before ordering that shit. I'll post pics when I get home from work tonight.

EDIT2: I suck at art and just used some Ammy art my gf found randomly on the interwebs :( That TE with the wood sides and Ibuki art I've seen on here (I think) and on SRK is classy as fuck though. I want something like that.

Axis

rivals said:
Fuck yes, this is what I needed. If XBL runs smoother than PSN (lolunderwater) I'll be getting a stick and XBL within a couple weeks. I was scrounging for a free code the last few days to try this out. I guess I'm going to have to pad warrior it though but that's fine since I'm just trying to see the lag.

xbl does run smoother than psn, imo...i'm sure there's lots here who play on both consistently that could answer better

rivals

Yeah, I'm sure it's better but how much better is going to be the deciding factor before I plunge a couple hundred into XBL, the game, and a stick. The stick is inevitable for local tourneys though I think, I'll probably need one even if I don't get live.

_dementia said:
That's hot. akuma001 does good work. I am thinking about sending my ailing VSHG his way for a clean AkiShop PC/PS3/360 PCB install.

We should all post out sticks.

Yeah, he was real good with communication and gave me all the info on what he was going to do. He only charged me $30.00 for the actual mod and I had to pay for shipping.

Highly recommended for anyone who doesn't want to fuck with the wiring.

Thanks for the recommendation Dementia. You pointed me to his direction.

Axis

El Sloth said:
4/5 Blankas agree Vex trolls are the best trolls.

rofl i'll accept this response.

rivals said:
Yeah, I'm sure it's better but how much better is going to be the deciding factor before I plunge a couple hundred into XBL, the game, and a stick. The stick is inevitable for local tourneys though I think, I'll probably need one even if I don't get live.

unless you have some sentimental attachment to the people you play with on psn or have a nightly thing going then yeah, it's worth it...

cHaotix8

Going to XBL after PSN is like leaving the Hyperbolic Time Chamber after a years worth of training. It's a huge difference.

El Sloth said:
I just realized who your avvy is, cHaotix8. Dat Red Eyed Ace.

Dat spider poison ftw.

rivals

Axis said:
unless you have some sentimental attachment to the people you play with on psn or have a nightly thing going then yeah, it's worth it...

Yeah I've played on PSN like twice. Between local casuals and arcades I have about 3-4 days a week covered but I'm not as exposed to different players and matchups as I'd like to be. If XBL feels good to me then I'm definitely getting on there sooner rather than later.

Conceited said:
I wonder if Air will be maining Evil Ryu in AE with all these videos hes posting and his recent blog, he seems to think Evil is better than regular Ryu in AE, and it would be nice to see someone with so much shoto expertise pick up Evil Ryu.

I thought Air was switching to the Yang army.

Imm0rt4l said:

Murderface said:
"Daigo join SSF4 AE tournament. This is first time. (゚∀゚)

But unfortunately you may not watch Daigo...∑(゚Д゚;)ガーン

I'm sorry that his order will be in the end and his team mate has notorious Tokido.
( ・´ー・`)"

LOL

Axis

rivals said:
Yeah I've played on PSN like twice. Between local casuals and arcades I have about 3-4 days a week covered but I'm not as exposed to different players and matchups as I'd like to be. If XBL feels good to me then I'm definitely getting on there sooner rather than later.

then yeah...xbl is for you lol

Joekage

Conceited said:
Latif going for a 100 game win streak, at 29 now.

http://www.justin.tv/peacefuljay

Hopefully I won't jinx him like last time by posting this.

I was part of that streak. I played him the 7th match I think, was at my friends house trolling. Went to last round last match, and I got a knockdown with his health at 20%. I anticipated the backdash but caught a lag spike and messed up my option select st. lk to ultra 2 which cost me the match. He was a good sport and sent me a message saying that I had a great Cody and all so I was happy lol.

Also happy b-day to freebj. may dat sak guide you to victory.

Imm0rt4l said:
whats the connection? I guess I'm slow as well.

A Rose is a beautiful flower that can hurt you, and that duality is the same in his cross counter. All of his moves are about elegantly adjusting to your opponent like the natural rose in his garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom