• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Invisible_Insane said:
Anyone feel like beating on a scrub for a little bit? I need to learn this art of not jumping.

Never gets old.

ilaebu.gif

Imm0rt4l

Happy B-day DBJ

God's Beard said:
A Rose is a beautiful flower that can hurt you, and that duality is the same in his cross counter. All of his moves are about elegantly adjusting to your opponent like the natural rose in his garden.
wow never thought about that. Fuck water be like a rose my friend.....

Great, I have to leave as it's about to start. I'll have to watch the archive once I get back.

>:-|

Roster of participants? I know Daigo, Mago, Tokido, Bonchan...that's all.

Edit: Nevermind, found it.

Topanga (Daigo:Yun,Tokido:Akuma,Mago:Fei Long,Nyanshi;Sagat,Bonchan:Sagat)
Five star (Haitani:Makoto,Kindevu:Yun,MDR:Yun,Sako;Ibuki,Nem o:Yang)
Tinpan Zei (Hamamatsu Rufus:Yun,KOK;Fei long,Haneyama;Yang,Banbaban;Yun,Eita;Akuma)
Chiba Shizuoka Rengougun (Aqua:Yang,Mahoushoujo Zangitan:Zangief,TUC;Dictator,ACRevenger;Abel,Kuro ken;Dudley)
Scratch Players (a.k.a jojo;Dictator,Y24;Chun-Li,Rikuson;Fei Long,Hisyou;Sagat,Tonpy;C.Viper)

No Maeda Taison or Pamyu. :( None the less, heavy hitters at the charity events

Imm0rt4l

black_vegeta said:
Great, I have to leave as it's about to start. I'll have to watch the archive once I get back.

>:-|

Roster of participants? I know Daigo, Mago, Tokido, Bonchan...that's all.

team 5 star has:
Haitani Makoto
Sako Ibuki
MDR Yun
Kindevu Yun
Nemo Yang

their are other teams with notable names like Eita, aqua and tonpy. Apparently there is a team called 'sako's wife'.

vissione

Banned
Since PSN is gone forever
or at least on blast for now
I have no choice but to stream monster hardcore... all weekend long. Going to stream monster the shit out of this. Get my www and 8888 on like I'm a native.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Kuma.

I'm glad there is a tourney up at this time of the night. I've been packing up stuff for Japan since the day after the incident. Good to know they are doing this.

You know. Some of those people won't be able to even go near their homes for 200 years. Meaning never in their lifetime. So sad.

Rocwell

I haven't posted in this thread for awhile since my computer is out of commission for the present, and I haven't been playing online lately either for various reasons
mainly I've been re-reading George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series getting ready for Dance with Dragons this July
I've also started playing at meet ups with some local SF players. I feel like my game has leveled up a bit, I put up a good fight last week and got some nice comments on my Makoto play. One guy got mad at me because i don't play footsies :lol Shoutouts to the PSN side, Yun fighter 4 is gonna be hype!

Conceited said:
I wonder if Air will be maining Evil Ryu in AE with all these videos hes posting and his recent blog, he seems to think Evil is better than regular Ryu in AE, and it would be nice to see someone with so much shoto expertise pick up Evil Ryu.

Interesting read, but my opinion is no he won't main Evil Ryu. I think the only reason he's putting in the time he into ER is because he is another version of his old main, Ryu. He said he'll probably main Yang in AE and I don't see that changing according to his blog. Evil Ryu seems to be a one trick pony. Land that combo, and boom, 40% damage. Don't land it and you're stuck playing a zoning game like normal Ryu, except he lacks Ryu's links and has no way to combo into a untechable knockdown.

Unless people start discovering some good stuff, it seems like Capcom gimped him from the beginning. He has such low life and health and it doesn't seem justified at all considering his tool set which isn't as good as Akuma's or Seth's. Still I'll be spending a lot of time with him just because I've always liked the character and I love his over the top design in AE. But I don't think any top players will be dropping there mains to pick him up.

USD

Later today is Console Warzone. Local tourney in NJ, SSFIV and MvC3 tournament, will be streamed by Team Sp00ky.

Next week is PowerUp 2011 in Cincinnati, the next major in the EVO Season, and the first MK major. Also streamed by Team Sp00ky.

Relix said:
I believe you can give one yourself =D
If I could, I wouldn't have time for Street Fighter...

>_>;

So... Daigo's Yun...
I believe he could win CEO if he went to it, since a vast majority of people there won't have a lot of character experience (the switch to AE was really stupid IMO). But as far as EVO goes, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make top 8.

Imm0rt4l

dragonballjoseph said:

>_>;

So... Daigo's Yun...
I believe he could win CEO if he went to it, since a vast majority of people there won't have a lot of character experience (the switch to AE was really stupid IMO). But as far as EVO goes, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make top 8.
I wouldn't be terribly surprised, pools are gonna be shark infested.

SmokeMaxX

dragonballjoseph said:

>_>;

So... Daigo's Yun...
Why wouldn't you be surprised?

hitsugi

Daigo for the most part just tramples people with Yun.. No self restraint. A play style like that is dangerous and can fall victim to the randomness that we deliver out here.

Imm0rt4l

yea, all those meaties he throws out are invitation for wakeup ultra. I know he ate one as soon as he hopped on the topanga stream.

BadWolf

With no warm up he went against those crazy skilled Makoto and Bison (who by themselves would give Evo a run for their money) and came up on top (while clearly exhibiting his download ability)? Yeah, I would be surprised if he didn't take Evo with ease.

Yun compliments his extremely aggressive style very well, felt like his 3rd Strike Ken days.

That Makoto was insane, really hope to see more of this player in the future.

Axis said:
i think he's been to the USA enough to know how we play by now...evo will be free for him, imo :/

I think Daigo is awesome but as we saw at Season Beatings, Norcal Regionals, etc, he's not completely invincible.

In the last year, he lost to Andre "TwistedJago" Lambert, Martin "Marneto" Pham, Filipino Champ and Ricky Ortiz.

That doesn't take into account whatever other top U.S. talent attending (J.Wong, Vangief, Valle, Sabin, Flash Metroid, Wolfkrone, Mike Ross, Sanford, Dieminion, etc).

Also if Europe comes, ie Luffy, Starnab, Evans, VRyu, Ryan Hart, Aulione, etc.

Gamerbee from Taiwan.

Infiltration and Poongko from Korea.

Sakonoko, Tokido, Mago, etc from Japan. It's not a guaranteed win. Like DBJ said, he'll probably score top 8. And he might even three peat (which would be ridiculous), but competition is so great right now.

Axis

Spiderjericho said:
I think Daigo is awesome but as we saw at Season Beatings, Norcal Regionals, etc, he's not completely invincible.

In the last year, he lost to Andre "TwistedJago" Lambert, Martin "Marneto" Pham, Filipino Champ and Ricky Ortiz.

That doesn't take into account whatever other top U.S. talent attending (J.Wong, Vangief, Valle, Sabin, Flash Metroid, Wolfkrone, Mike Ross, Sanford, Dieminion, etc).

Gamerbee from Taiwan.

Sakonoko, Tokido, Mago, etc from Japan. It's not a guaranteed win. Like DBJ said, he'll probably score top 8. And he might even three peat (which would be ridiculous), but competition is so great right now.

in the last year he's played a game in which the entirity of japan/usa got at the same time(super)...now it's AE, which is gonna be released around 2 months before evo...you really expect people without access to the game to catch up to him that fast? granted, when i said he'd win evo free i disregarded other japanese players...basically, i think JAPAN will win evo free.

yes, some of those US players have access to AE but i don't think anyone's putting in the time that daigo is(with apparently the best char in the game, to boot? pshhhhhh)...

Spiderjericho said:

Gamerbee from Taiwan.

If you dont think japan is taking evo you are crazy. everyone got AE well after japan had it and capcom of japan is notorious for letting expert level players play before release so you know thats even more experience over others. dudes were releasing full strategy changes for the cast days before release. evo this year will feature very few upsets in AE

@ Akuma, I never said the Japanese wouldn't win Evo. I said that Daigo winning wasn't a lock.

Other communities have the game (now obviously not the same scale of Japanese arcade scene). But I think we're all in agreement regarding the expectation that the Japanese players will win the AE tournament, especially with the community getting new titles like AH3, MK9 and MVC3, which might mean people aren't completely focused on one title, whereas the Japanese players attending mainly play SF/Capcom arcade fighters.

And Poongko.. :( If I was the guy, I'd come to Evo to avenge the Gamestop Tournament embarrassment.

But let's be real, he's got great execution, flashy combos, it's just his fundamentals that are lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom