• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axis

cHaotix8 said:
He's got really good execution but I've never seen him do anything impressive against a person that actually knows the match up. Kinda the same way I feel about Liquid SRK.

i just mean he's a solid player even outside of his styling ass combos after watching a few actual tourney vids of him

definitely won't win but he'll put on a damn good show :3

Imm0rt4l

cHaotix8 said:
He's got really good execution but I've never seen him do anything impressive against a person that actually knows the match up. Kinda the same way I feel about Liquid SRK.
co-sign on liquid. I was pretty dissapointed in his dudley at guardcrush, Marn on the other hand did the damn thing

simtmb

Hmm i dunno. Every player in the semi-finals and onward were gdlk, so Daigo didn't really stand out for me.

I particularly felt that Daigo got lucky in the syungoku match. Against shiro and syungoku though, both matches were close, epic, and intense.

I wouldn't say he's gonna win EVO, but I'm just remaining hopeful that it won't be like a guaranteed win due to the circumstances.

galvan

Neo Member
poongko has pretty bad defense, I've noticed he tends to blow himself up more often on wakeup. But he is sticking to seth for sure because that character compliments his playstyle. Hiropon has a better seth overall, poongko is just fun to watch.

BadWolf

simtmb said:
I wouldn't say he's gonna win EVO, but I'm just remaining hopeful that it won't be like a guaranteed win due to the circumstances.

Same here, I want matches to be close.

Evo2010 SSf4 final was very anti-climatic.

rivals

Tried out XBL for free yesterday, miles ahead of PSN. Consider me completely sold on picking up a stick, super, and a year of live. Now to decide between the white BB TE, the Round 2, or the inevitable AE stick that will come out.

Axis

rivals said:
Tried out XBL for free yesterday, miles ahead of PSN. Consider me completely sold on picking up a stick, super, and a year of live. Now to decide between the white BB TE, the Round 2, or the inevitable AE stick that will come out.

told ya :)

heh, saw this on focusattack.com

cb_male_shirt_blue__25616_zoom.jpg

Not as neat as the hoodie version sadly

mr. puppy

Banned
going to miss playing Guile when AE comes out, looks like he is nerfed to hell and is going to suck against the rest of the cast (da twins)

Threi

notag
mr. puppy said:
going to miss playing Guile when AE comes out, looks like he is nerfed to hell and is going to suck against the rest of the cast (da twins)
Most people are sticking with him (currently) so he may not be as bad as first thought.

Can't say that capcom isn't trying though.

One thing to note is that if your playstyle suits guile, switching chars to someone like deejay for example isn't gunna help, even if he is buffed. At a base level guile's normals are and will always be superior, its just the differences in how those chars are played.

mr. puppy

Banned
Threi said:
Most people are sticking with him (currently) so he may not be as bad as first thought.

Can't say that capcom isn't trying though.

One thing to note is that if your playstyle suits guile, switching chars to someone like deejay for example isn't gunna help, even if he is buffed. At a base level guile's normals are and will always be superior, its just the differences in how those chars are played.

yea I probably won't switch, I'm too good at Guile versus everyone else, I really do like the strategy behind the character and I'm really not interested in Deejay (I hate his character model, that stupid grin is just annoying). It just sucks how much damage Guile is losing in this game and how shitty its going to be trying to punish the twins.

Its weird how this is like the first time in SFIV that I'm not even remotely excited about AE. I think I might just give it up then. I might switch to Makoto, but that just seems to bandwagony for my tastes.

vissione

Banned
rivals said:

Every post of yours is trolling PSN. You're still free no matter where you play dude.

vissione said:
Every post of yours is trolling PSN. You're still free no matter where you play dude.

Haha, on blizast.

Well, got my dual modded stick...works like a charm...got SSF4 PS3 copy...looking forward to playing against PSNSSF4Gaf.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You get what you pay for.

But no. LIVE isn't "miles ahead" of PSN.

The differences are more like an M3 to a 335is than an M3 to a Civic.

All I know is that I prefer the XMB to over saturated colors and countless boxes on LIVE dashboard.

Kadey said:
You get what you pay for.

But no. LIVE isn't "miles ahead" of PSN.

The differences are more like an M3 to a 335is than an M3 to a Civic.

All I know is that I prefer the XMB to over saturated colors and countless boxes on LIVE dashboard.

Talk car to me.

vissione said:
DAAAAAAAAMN... SHOTS FIRED! SHOTS FIRED!!

Looking forward to matches, Vegeta, as soon as PSN is back up. :D

Shiro (Abel, Makoto, and Hawk player) lost alot of weight since the last time I saw him. He was on the chubby side back in Vanilla. Good for him.

Also seems like a godlike Bipson is the answer to the twins.

*rubs chin*

rivals

vissione said:

Seriously not trolling, it's just what I noticed. Every time I've played on PSN it's been so bad that it hiccups multiple times per round, and when I played on live yesterday for a few hours it didn't happen. Sure it's anecdotal and a small sample but from what I've seen it was much better. If I had some time on PSN that felt how XBL did I wouldn't bother, to be sure. But meh, mostly trying to justify the fact that I'm about to throw another $250 into this (hoping it's worth it) and as you said I'll still be free as shit.

EDIT: Also, :(

JJcao

Neo Member
Nothing is wrong with him trolling PSN when XBL is a more superior network for SSF4 and no input delay like the PS3 version.

vissione said:

Axis

JJcao said:
Nothing is wrong with him trolling PSN when XBL is a more superior network for SSF4 and no input delay like the PS3 version.

there's still input delay but the quality of connections seems to be way better from my experience(could be due to people running wireless more on the ps3?)

cackhyena

There is no switching back for me after going to Live. The game runs smoother for me in every way. Menus, Endless Battle connections. The works. It's enough of a difference that I only play friends who invite me back on PSN. No trolling. Just my experience, personally.

Imm0rt4l

rivals said:
Seriously not trolling, it's just what I noticed. Every time I've played on PSN it's been so bad that it hiccups multiple times per round, and when I played on live yesterday for a few hours it didn't happen. Sure it's anecdotal and a small sample but from what I've seen it was much better. If I had some time on PSN that felt how XBL did I wouldn't bother, to be sure. But meh, mostly trying to justify the fact that I'm about to throw another $250 into this (hoping it's worth it) and as you said I'll still be free as shit.

EDIT: Also, :(

Then there is likely something up with your connection, I hope you're not playing wireless. But if live is treating you well, good for you, stick with it. You're not in gafchat are you?

Also stay free.

cackhyena said:
There is no switching back for me after going to Live. The game runs smoother for me in every way. Menus, Endless Battle connections. The works. It's enough of a difference that I only play friends who invite me back on PSN. No trolling. Just my experience, personally.
Same here. Also feels like there are more players on Live than PSN.

Kimosabae

Banned
Zapages said:
nope, it has happened to me while playing as Ryu. :| Plus the internet lag depending on the connection. Ken players really exploit this. :(

What are you talking about?? What does blaming internet lag have to do with you getting hit by a link combo into sweep?

rivals

Imm0rt4l said:
Then there is likely something up with your connection, I hope you're not playing wireless. But if live is treating you well, good for you, stick with it. You're not in gafchat are you?

Also stay free.

I definitely don't run wireless. I am in gafchat but very rarely, my monitor is in a different room from my router so unless I'm planning to play online, I don't bother running the cable out to it which hasn't been often lately as I've mostly been working on execution still. I'm definitely down to try it out more though, if I have time tonight I'll run the cable and I'll be around gafchat.

vissione

Banned
JJcao said:

He played twice. Twice. Unsubstantiated trolling is against the ToS juniors, and that's exactly what this is. Maybe you should learn the rules before it's too late. Trolling PSN in every post he makes in this thread is provocative, especially when he admits he didn't even play very long.

Playing randoms with no context as to how well the ping is an empty statement. We can't gauge how far away from him they were. Playing people mainly on the west coast all the time is not scientific proof of a better network... you're supposed to play players closer to you for a better experience and if buying a different console achieves this so be it. Especially if you want to play now because PSN is down,
probably forever
. On the East coast I have a fantastic time with PSN, and I can admit the experience degrades with further out connections like when I play people in the UK. Canada is fine most of the time.

However, there's things about people who complain about lag never tell you. What's the ping like? If it's horrible lag spikes it's inconsistent ping probably the perils of a shared internet connections. Did they try quick matches or host? Quick match pairs you up with the lowest ping host and players in a lobby (relative to your location) it can find. If you're having trouble with crappy hosts, try hosting yourself. Proximity is the key in a quality game play experience. The network performance is constant (when it's not down, lol) but not every ideal player is playing right at the moment you want to.

Axis said:
there's still input delay but the quality of connections seems to be way better from my experience(could be due to people running wireless more on the ps3?)

The "diplomacy" in the way you phrase this isn't taking away from the fact that you either have a vocabulary issue or you're just ignorant. Way better. Really? Reaaallly? How can you quantify way better as a sales pitch for other people to justify spending money. Oh wait PSN is down so it's money well spent. Point is...

Be witty and you guys can troll PSN for fun, but the thought that you guys are being serious is sad. None of us are going to win EVO so unwad your panties and stop trying to get back at PSN for having fun in the thread without you. Also, stay free
me

vissione

Banned
rivals said:
I definitely don't run wireless. I am in gafchat but very rarely, my monitor is in a different room from my router so unless I'm planning to play online, I don't bother running the cable out to it which hasn't been often lately as I've mostly been working on execution still. I'm definitely down to try it out more though, if I have time tonight I'll run the cable and I'll be around gafchat.

PSN is down so we can't play... probably forever and this is all meaningless. :(

cackhyena

vissione said:
He played twice. Twice. Unsubstantiated trolling is against the ToS juniors, and that's exactly what this is. Maybe you should learn the rules before it's too late. Trolling PSN in every post he makes in this thread is provocative, especially when he admits he didn't even play very long.

Playing randoms with no context as to how well the ping is an empty statement. We can't gauge how far away from him they were. Playing people mainly on the west coast all the time is not scientific proof of a better network... you're supposed to play players closer to you for a better experience and if buying a different console achieves this so be it. Especially if you want to play now because PSN is down,
probably forever
. On the East coast I have a fantastic time with PSN, and I can admit the experience degrades with further out connections like when I play people in the UK. Canada is fine most of the time.

However, there's things about people who complain about lag never tell you. What's the ping like? If it's horrible lag spikes it's inconsistent ping probably the perils of a shared internet connections. Did they try quick matches or host? Quick match pairs you up with the lowest ping host and players in a lobby (relative to your location) it can find. If you're having trouble with crappy hosts, try hosting yourself. Proximity is the key in a quality game play experience. The network performance is constant (when it's not down, lol) but not every ideal player is playing right at the moment you want to.

The "diplomacy" in the way you phrase this isn't taking away from the fact that you either have a vocabulary issue or you're just ignorant. Way better. Really? Reaaallly? How can you quantify way better as a sales pitch for other people to justify spending money. Oh wait PSN is down so it's money well spent. Point is...

Be witty and you guys can troll PSN for fun, but the thought that you guys are being serious is sad. None of us are going to win EVO so unwad your panties and stop trying to get back at PSN for having fun in the thread without you. Also, stay free
me

It's cute that you're allowing people to be "witty" there. Take a breather, guy. You don't get to act like my experience is biased, or based off of a few matches. I've been playing for years on XBL and years on PSN. Percentage wise, whether it's ping or whatever doesn't matter, XBL runs smoother in Super for me. Amongst the lot of Super players I know, it's the same experience.

And the game just seems to be optimized better on Xbox for whatever reason. Load times are just quicker. And this isn't to say it's exponentially better, but noticeable enough for me to stay on Live over PSN. I normally don't give that type of shit enough attention, but I've spent enough time with this particular game this generation, so every little thing becomes apparent.

cackhyena

I'm not looking to start anything. This "stay in line, juniors" bullshit is ridiculous, though. Assuming juniors have less say so or something. Hilarious.

rivals

vissione said:
PSN is down so we can't play... probably forever and this is all meaningless. :(

Fuck I forgot about that.

In regards to the other shit, sorry you took it as trolling, it's definitely not what I was trying to do, nor I was I trying to start some PSN/XBL bullshit. I'm dropping it at this point and when (if, I guess :( ) PSN gets back up I'll play against some west coast gaffers and see if it's better than what I was seeing before.

mbmonk

cackhyena said:
I'm not looking to start anything. This "stay in line, juniors" bullshit is ridiculous, though. Assuming juniors have less say so or something. Hilarious.

I fail to see how this is related to his post. He was talking about reading the TOS and trolling. I don't see how he was saying your opinion was invalid because you are Jr.

Imm0rt4l

cackhyena said:
Juniors don't have less say, but if the guy only played on psn for a limited time and he's crying about how shitty his 2 matches are then their really isn't anything wrong with behest putting a junior(or anyone for that matter) in his place for thinking that's justifiable. Let the guy kick knowledge or put juniors on game on whats considered trolling in tos.....
junior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom