• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutabo

Hey DBJ, happy b-day!(better late than never) Guess what, April 22 is my b-day too! I hope you had a blast, I was sick for most of the day...

How is gaf chat doing? Big hug to everyone that remembers me! I might be online again soon if everything goes according to keikaku. Cya guys!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
You guys still talking about psn/xbl ? :(, where's all the ...well...I'm blanking here

gutabo said:
Hey DBJ, happy b-day!(better late than never) Guess what, April 22 is my b-day too! I hope you had a blast, I was sick for most of the day...

How is gaf chat doing? Big hug to everyone that remembers me! I might be online again soon if everything goes according to keikaku. Cya guys!
Stop trying to steal my spotlight.

>:|

Axis

vissione said:
The "diplomacy" in the way you phrase this isn't taking away from the fact that you either have a vocabulary issue or you're just ignorant. Way better. Really? Reaaallly? How can you quantify way better as a sales pitch for other people to justify spending money. Oh wait PSN is down so it's money well spent. Point is...

Be witty and you guys can troll PSN for fun, but the thought that you guys are being serious is sad. None of us are going to win EVO so unwad your panties and stop trying to get back at PSN for having fun in the thread without you. Also, stay free
me

what the fuck are you talking about? what sales pitch? i said in MY experience...i'm not speaking for anyone else. i don't give a fuck that psn is down and it has nothing to do with what i said.

the only person here with their panties in a bunch seems to be you or are you always this sensitive about shit that really doesn't matter? so yeah, stay free

vissione

Banned
Axis said:
what the fuck are you talking about? what sales pitch? i said in MY experience...i'm not speaking for anyone else. i don't give a fuck that psn is down and it has nothing to do with what i said.

the only person here with their panties in a bunch seems to be you or are you always this sensitive about shit that really doesn't matter? so yeah, stay free

I'm talking about PSN, what are you asking me with such anger? You high-five'd a troll to justify spending money on an Xbox 360, another copy of ssf4, and another arcade stick. All I did was show people in general can't quantify differences in the networks as being astronomical without some kind of context.

The PSN community exists so it matters. I'm not sensitive about getting my "wittle feelings" hurt, but I am breaking up FUD with objective viewpoints. You on the other hand are just angry. Being mad doesn't make you more convincing than me. So again, you agreed with a troll about some epic difference between the two networks and I simply made sure to show that it is not a night and day difference under the correct circumstances. What exactly did I do wrong?

Axis

vissione said:
I'm talking about PSN, what are you asking me with such anger? You high-five'd a troll to justify spending money on an Xbox 360, another copy of ssf4, and another arcade stick. All I did was show people in general can't quantify differences in the networks as being astronomical without some kind of context.

The PSN community exists so it matters. I'm not sensitive about getting my "wittle feelings" hurt, but I am breaking up FUD with objective viewpoints. You on the other hand are just angry. Being mad doesn't make you more convincing than me. So again, you agreed with a troll about some epic difference between the two networks and I simply made sure to show that it is not a night and day difference under the correct circumstances. What exactly did I do wrong?

wait, i agreed with a troll about an epic difference? i corrected his claim that there was NO input lag when playing online on the 360 then proceeded to give my experience between the two and this is somehow me high fiving him in a "fuck yeah, 360!!" moment? miss me with that shit

astronomical differences? not sure where i said that. if you think me saying "way better" means i think ssf4 is unplayable on psn then you're completely mistaken. i have no console loyalty but my ssf4 experience on live is generally WAY better...you disagreeing with that doesn't make me wrong.

as for me being angry? not quite

Infinite Justice said:
This is the last place i expected console war shenanigans tbh

there's no console war shenanigans...i don't think anyone in here is championing a specific console.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Axis said:
there's no console war shenanigans...i don't think anyone in here is championing a specific console.

XBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOX

Threi

notag
360 only please.

FOR AMERICA

pIm8E.gif

vissione

Banned
Axis said:
...as for me being angry? not quite.

See, dropping the explicits makes you sound coherent. In fact this observation wasn't even about you but I'm glad you've calmed down.
I'm sorry but PSN being down means I'm reading GAF all day.
I didn't deadstop rivals and complain about every post or exchange between you and him but it escalated...

rivals said:
Tried playing on PSN a bit yesterday and holy shit it was like playing underwater. Might try again today but this is really pushing me to get a 360 stick + live. I really need to start learning matchups and 1-2 days a week at the arcade isn't going to cut it I don't think. As a Rufus player, there was no way I was going to hit my bnb with the lag as bad as it was yesterday and I really don't want to pick up bad habits like not going for the combo when I should be going for it every time.

...when...

rivals said:
Fuck yes, this is what I needed. If XBL runs smoother than PSN (lolunderwater) I'll be getting a stick and XBL within a couple weeks...

...every...

rivals said:
Yeah I've played on PSN like twice...

...post...

rivals said:
Tried out XBL for free yesterday, miles ahead of PSN. Consider me completely sold on picking up a stick, super, and a year of live. Now to decide between the white BB TE, the Round 2, or the inevitable AE stick that will come out.

... was just trolling PSN when all he really wanted was justification to purchase a new console. His experience was not enjoyable so he tried to make it better and I can understand that. Hell if I hadn't just bought a new phone I'd probably be looking for a cheap Xbox 360 just to get back online. I also appreciate he's not a crazy person and understood (key word, understood as I don't need him to accept anything force fed down his throat) my point of view already so no more of that.

I have no bones to pick with either of you, nor am I invalidating your opinion you are entitled to have. Your experience on PSN has been unpleasant, I get it. However, your choice of words make your personal scale of quality seem either on or off, no room for in between. I'm just trying to make it clear to other potential thread readers that there can be circumstances causing bad experiences and that these experiences are not constant nor applicable to everyone. Having an opinion is not leverage in a discussion, much less a persuasive tool. I can't stop you from having an opinion "just because," which isn't even what I'm aiming at. This isn't about not letting you voice your opinions or that my opinion is better than yours. It's about the infallible context, the details and otherwise uncontrollable circumstances that caused you to form that opinion. West coast is lucky to have so many good players all in nice proximity mostly on Xboxes.

rivals

vissione said:
... was just trolling PSN when all he really wanted was justification to purchase a new console.

Just to clarify, I've had a 360 for a couple years but I've never had live as I never had anything on it I really wanted to play online and when I bought SF4 and Super, the only friend I played with was on PSN. I've mostly just been trying to figure out if it's worth me investing money into getting a 360 stick and live, and then rebuying Super (or just waiting until AE is out on disc).

PSN isn't the problem (when it's up lulz). SSFIV netcode is the problem. Whenever I play Blazblue on PSN it's notoriously not shit. Capcom should probably work harder on that.

Solune

_dementia said:
PSN isn't the problem (when it's up lulz). SSFIV netcode is the problem. Whenever I play Blazblue on PSN it's notoriously not shit. Capcom should probably work harder on that.
It took a while but the most logical answer appeared. SSF4s netcode is ass. period. Can't even play someone 20 mins away from me without getting disconnected.

rivals

Imm0rt4l said:
According to Art AE stands for Ass Edition.

I was really hoping that at the NYU thing (last weekend, I think it was) he'd ask Seth his opinion of how AE is turning out in terms of balance because I'd be interested to hear what he'd say.

Axis

vissione said:
See, dropping the explicits makes you sound coherent. In fact this observation wasn't even about you but I'm glad you've calmed down.
I'm sorry but PSN being down means I'm reading GAF all day.
I didn't deadstop rivals and complain about every post or exchange between you and him but it escalated...

the explicits weren't out of anger...it's just how i speak and obviously how i type. you should know this as i've seen you in the IRC more than once and spoken to you there...fucker.

I have no bones to pick with either of you, nor am I invalidating your opinion you are entitled to have. Your experience on PSN has been unpleasant, I get it. However, your choice of words make your personal scale of quality seem either on or off, no room for in between. I'm just trying to make it clear to other potential thread readers that there can be circumstances causing bad experiences and that these experiences are not constant nor applicable to everyone. Having an opinion is not leverage in a discussion, much less a persuasive tool. I can't stop you from having an opinion "just because," which isn't even what I'm aiming at. This isn't about not letting you voice your opinions or that my opinion is better than yours. It's about the infallible context, the details and otherwise uncontrollable circumstances that caused you to form that opinion. West coast is lucky to have so many good players all in nice proximity mostly on Xboxes.

i didn't say my PSN experience was awful nor did i say it was amazing on XBL...but having played the same group of friends on both consoles i believe it's fair for me to be able to judge which i had less lag on and which i prefer for THIS game.

as far as rivals trolling goes: that's on him. he asked if xbl ran better than psn for this game and i answered him as honestly as possible. him taking it as far as he did has nothing to do with me or the argument at hand and definitely doesn't warrant calling my objectivity into question.

EraldoCoil said:
Online on both is ass, offline for life!

True however online will be an element of most players lives if only because not everyone can go to an arcade or some other meeting spot to play every single day.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
El Sloth said:
Guard Crush is on Wednesdays, but Spooky is streaming Mortal Kombat and Marvel at Next Level today.

Unfourtunately Next Level is going down for renovations after this so Guard Crush will be put on hold again. :(

Joekage

Imm0rt4l said:
Sanford must've been putting in work.
Lmao. I must admit, I spit out my water when I first read this. Successful joke is successful. Especially knowing first hand how salty Sanford can get lmao.

galvan

Neo Member
Joekage said:
Lmao. I must admit, I spit out my water when I first read this. Successful joke is successful. Especially knowing first hand how salty Sanford can get lmao.

are you talking about how at AB he kept saying ryu low fwd was broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom