• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rivals

SmokeMaxX said:
Yun's DP is fairly safe anyway from what I've heard (pretty tricky to punish) and his lunge punch breaks armor.

Is his DP the upkick? If so I've been using Rufus' cr. fierce to punish it in some situations. I have no idea what else would work though.

LakeEarth

SmokeMaxX said:
Yun's DP is fairly safe anyway from what I've heard (pretty tricky to punish) and his lunge punch breaks armor.
So basically Yun has Balrog's rush punch, except it breaks armor, not a charge move so you cannot telegraph it, and the EX version combos into ultra. WTF Capcom.

LakeEarth said:
So basically Yun has Balrog's rush punch, except it breaks armor, not a charge move so you cannot telegraph it, and the EX version combos into ultra. WTF Capcom.
Also it is probably safer than Rog's dash punch. So yeah, awesome. Thanks for not balancing anything after AE.

Btw. can you jump in on that "stuffs everything push" -move that Yun has? Or does it stuff jump ins too or does it recover that fast?

rivals

I think you can jump in on it but don't quote me on that. I know there's frame data for all of his stuff around somewhere (someone took a picture of a page on it from a Japanese guide, I think), I'll see if I can find it when I get home from work today.

mr. puppy

Banned
Rocky_Balboa said:
Also it is probably safer than Rog's dash punch. So yeah, awesome. Thanks for not balancing anything after AE.

Btw. can you jump in on that "stuffs everything push" -move that Yun has? Or does it stuff jump ins too or does it recover that fast?

you're fucking kidding me.

i didn't even know this bullshit, and earliar on i was so motivated to go lab it up with Balrog

Threi

notag
LakeEarth said:
bububu he neeeeeds it

his palm is an invisible projectile that doesn't travel forward. So it doesn't exactly destroy everything. Moves that have projectile invulnerability will eat it up.

...if he does it right beside you.

...and doesn't use the jab palm to fake.

but ya know...he needs those tools.

best thing is when players of all other chars start to work twice as hard to stand a chance, and in doing so proclaim "oh he's not that bad after all"

SmokeMaxX

Haha I guess you guys weren't filled in on the details:

Yun's EX Lunge Punch- Plus on block (not only safe, but he gets the initiative), breaks armor, pretty fast (difficult to stuff on reaction), has a pretty good hitbox, combos into Ultra.

Yun's DP- difficult to punish, pretty good anti-air/get off me move, BUT safe jumpable and can't be FADCd

Yun's palm- Has fireball properties and a pretty big hitbox, does great damage, recovery is good on it so difficult to punish. Not sure if you can jump over it; hitbox might be too big.

rivals

Don't forget the palm is active for something like 14 frames I think.

Also are all versions of the lunge safe on block? I only knew about EX. Someone at the arcade last night said EX is +1 I think.

Threi

notag
oh yeah that goes through fireballs as well lol...which is funny because one of the best ways to get around fireballs is when you can alter your jump trajectory.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I for one welcome our skateboarding overlords.

Never gonna give you up Gorlab<3

hitsugi

Threi said:
i don't think yun's lunge punch is plus on block...where did you get that info from?
Lunge punch is unsafe as fuck on block and the nonsense I'm reading with comparisons to Balrogs rush punch is really astounding.

Yun is good. We've been saying this for quite a while now and somehow it's irritated people that haven't even played the game yet. Those who have played it should already be used to dealing with it or picking Fei Long to shut down a lot of his options.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Hitokage said:
When MarkMan walked into the hall at Final Round he started throwing half-off TE coupons to the crowd. It's true! I was there.

LOL

pirateben said:
Happy (belated) birthday MarkMan!

Did you know that when MarkMan sends in his taxes, he sends blank forms and includes only a picture of himself and a TE, crouched and ready to attack. Naked. MarkMan has not had to pay taxes, ever.

hahahaha

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes!

mr. puppy said:
you're fucking kidding me.

i didn't even know this bullshit, and earliar on i was so motivated to go lab it up with Balrog
In the end it is about the player, not the match-up. Still it doesn't seem to be easy for Rog, but at least it is better than for some other characters.

If the push punch has projectile properties, then Rog could maybe jump in. His jump.HP/HK hitboxes are pretty good against projectiles.

Yun is good. We've been saying this for quite a while now and somehow it's irritated people that haven't even played the game yet. Those who have played it should already be used to dealing with it or picking Fei Long to shut down a lot of his options.
The most irritating thing is Capcom's (Ono's) attitude. Purposely making the twins hyper tier. Ultimately I'll find my ways to handle them, but reading about all the nerfs some characters are getting, it is hard to be cool about the new almighty twins.

AZ Greg

Rocky_Balboa said:
The most irritating thing is Capcom's (Ono's) attitude. Purposely making the twins hyper tier.

It's a brilliant business move from Capcom. A less balanced (fun?) version of SF4, AE, results in more hype for either the next edition or, in this case, SFxT. A lot harder to keep the momentum going with something like SFxT post-launch if the base has something solid to fall back on like SSF4.

F U and your Vega nerfs Capcom!

Threi

notag
hitsugi said:
Lunge punch is unsafe as fuck on block and the nonsense I'm reading with comparisons to Balrogs rush punch is really astounding.
Define "unsafe as fuck" on block. Because in SSF4 I consider anything -5 and under to be not too bad.

With PSN down, I decided to hit up a local session that's run near my work. I got bodied in mvc3, but then got around to playing some SSF4, and I held my own. I had some competitive sets with some solid players, so I was happy with that.

Dat offline.

Imm0rt4l

~Devil Trigger~ said:
people will be spamming that lunge punch

gotta polish my jump back
makoto-airp4.gif
That move is crazy good.

vg260

AZ Greg said:
It's a brilliant business move from Capcom. A less balanced (fun?) version of SF4, AE, results in more hype for either the next edition or, in this case, SFxT. A lot harder to keep the momentum going with something like SFxT post-launch if the base has something solid to fall back on like SSF4.

Ugh. So take a game two steps back so people get frustrated with it and bail so they'll want their next one. Screw that. I don't want SFxTekkn to be the definitive SF game. I hope that backfires. I will buy neither.

Satyamdas

Banned
AZ Greg said:

2&2 said:
Ugh. So take a game two steps back so people get frustrated with it and bail so they'll want their next one. Screw that. I don't want SFxTekkn to be the definitive SF game. I hope that backfires. I will buy neither.
xb9Up.jpg

2&2 said:

polar-bear-face-palm.jpg

2&2 said:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom