• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toski

I finally played SSF4:AE the other day after not realizing its been out in Hawaii probably forever.

Anyway, I fought a competent Yun and believe the hype, that dive kick is nasty. You have to experience it for yourself just to see how fucked up it is. I know none of this is new, but even after knowing about it I was still shocked.

Rice-Eater said:
All the final matches are up now

http://www.youtube.com/user/hitcombodotcom#p/u/1/fAnA90TyWE8

I must say I love the fact that the European audience is still hyped for Grand Finals despite the fact that it's a all Japanese affair. Very unlike what happened at Season's Beatings last year when it was Gamerbee vs Momochi in SSF4 GF. After Justin was knocked it, it's like nobody gave a shit and there was hardly any hype because one of our own wasn't out there battling the foreigner.

damn Tokido....his Akuma is practically flawless....his execution.....his mixups and option selects, so solid.

mr. puppy

Banned
alright i got a balrog question.

If I have some meter, and an opponent is jumping back from lets say half screen, is it a good idea to do an EX-dash upper in order to trade and get the ultra combo going? I can get it to work ever so often but I can't figure out if its because I'm bad or its just not always going to work.

I'm liking Balrog a lot, and I love what he does to the Fei Long bandwagon crew, and his worst matchup (Guile) got nerfed harder than he did, so I'm gonna roll this out for awhile.

It is risky, but looks cool. Hardest thin
g is timing it and you mess that up, you'll be punishedbadly. Usually works well on akumas if they shoot air fireballs.

mr. puppy

Banned
Rocky_Balboa said:
It is risky, but looks cool. Hardest thin
g is timing it and you mess that up, you'll be punishedbadly. Usually works well on akumas if they shoot air fireballs.

yea the hardest part i'm having is that its really jump arc dependent

Satyamdas

Banned
Rocky_Balboa said:
Btw. What's this thing with Fei Long? I thought that match up is pretty even or am I missing something.
I remember Mago at Canada Cup saying that he thought Rog was the best character in Super, and Fei's worst matchup. If I'm not mistaken he actually switched to Sagat when he fought JS Master(?)

Hmm... I guess I have to chance something in my play style because a good Fei gives me a headache. I think I just have to turtle and lame it out.

Satyamdas said:
I remember Mago at Canada Cup saying that he thought Rog was the best character in Super, and Fei's worst matchup. If I'm not mistaken he actually switched to Sagat when he fought JS Master(?)
I don't know about him calling Rog the best character, but he switched to Sagat when he ran into Gooteck's Balrog.

Satyamdas

Banned
_dementia said:
I don't know about him calling Rog the best character, but he switched to Sagat when he ran into Gooteck's Balrog.
Mike Ross interviewing Mago at Canada Cup << I have it cued to where he asks him who the top 5 strongest characters are in Super (@ 18:11 in case the timestamp doesn't work). First character he mentions is Boxer. Then Cammy, Fei Long, Akuma, and finally Honda (which Ross predictably poo-poos)

And yeah, Mago switched to Sagat vs. JS Master as well.

Rocky_Balboa said:
Hmm... I guess I have to chance something in my play style because a good Fei gives me a headache. I think I just have to turtle and lame it out.

I played some endless matches yesterday with a competent Fei Long. His footsie and poke game was outstanding. After losing 7 straight games, I had to adjust my play style to being more defensive and wait for an opening. I proceeded to win the next 5 out 7 matches.

Sad part, Fei wasn't even his main. :(

black_vegeta said:
I played some endless matches yesterday with a competent Fei Long. His footsie and poke game was outstanding. After losing 7 straight games, I had to adjust my play style to being more defensive and wait for an opening. I proceeded to win the next 5 out 7 matches.

Sad part, Fei wasn't even his main. :(

Yeah I had a similiar experience. Then I started turtling and poking so I won. Fei wasn't his main either. I really hate his FA and chicken wings. Although I'm getting better at countering and punishing those cws. Especially if they try to escape from the corner with ex-cw. Duck and punish.

Rocky_Balboa said:
Yeah I had a similiar experience. Then I started turtling and poking so I won. Fei wasn't his main either. I really hate his FA and chicken wings. Although I'm getting better at countering and punishing those cws. Especially if they try to escape from the corner with ex-cw. Duck and punish.

He kept on getting me with his FA at the beginning. His FA is pretty damn quick.

st.mp will stuff his non ex-cw with proper spacing. However, it's more of a risk than a reward.

cHaotix8

Balrog is the easiest character in the game when it comes to falling into auto pilot mode. Just gotta stay aware and make sure it never happens.

I agree with Mago's tier list but instead of Honda I'd have Bison for top 5.

cHaotix8 said:
Balrog is the easiest character in the game when it comes to falling into auto pilot mode. Just gotta stay aware and make sure it never happens.

I agree with Mago's tier list but instead of Honda I'd have Bison for top 5.

Which I tend to do every now and then. Especially during dem late night sessions.

malfcn

Sweet. A friend is buying me AE disc since my SS4 is falling apart. The middle hub is literally missing pieces of plastic. Thank god for installation and no spinning.

malfcn said:
Sweet. A friend is buying me AE disc since my SS4 is falling apart. The middle hub is literally missing pieces of plastic. Thank god for installation and no spinning.
How did that happen? A friend of mine had a similar degradation issue with his Tekken 6 360 disc.

black_vegeta said:
Which I tend to do every now and then. Especially during dem late night sessions.
Sometimes I just go to ex-mode and spam 4 ex-moves in a row. Overhead after overhead. At some point my patience just runs out and the stupid shit can start. Also it is kinda tiring to play seriously for a period of time. Fighting games have a deep pshycological side like any other sport.

El Sloth

Banned
malfcn said:
What are the benefits of having it installed, other than the no spinning I mean, on the 360?

cHaotix8

El Sloth said:
What are the benefits of having it installed, other than the no spinning I mean, on the 360?

Faster loading times :O Funny thing is I installed mines the week it was released and my first disk wont even read. There's no scratches on it or anything.

El Sloth

Banned
cHaotix8 said:
Faster loading times :O Funny thing is I installed mines the week it was released and my first disk wont even read. There's no scratches on it or anything.
black_vegeta said:
Less noise. Less stressful on the drive itself. Faster loading times.
Less noise is always cool. The thing is 5.9 gigs though, I'm not sure if my poor 20 GB HDD has enough space for it. D:

jlai

El Sloth said:
Less noise is always cool. The thing is 5.9 gigs though, I'm not sure if my poor 20 GB HDD has enough space for it. D:

Just plug in a 16gb flash drive to use as a HD. That's how I get by with my tiny 20GB. You'll have enough space to install around 4-5 games.

El Sloth

Banned
jlai said:
Just plug in a 16gb flash drive to use as a HD. That's how I get by with my tiny 20GB. You'll have enough space to install around 4-5 games.
Hoh, I didn't know that was an option for the 360. I feel dumb now. Thanks, dude!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
360 Streaming tonight. Send them invites. Aight?

Shoutouts to buying a regular 360 and getting the Kinect bundle for free. :)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Kadey1up.

Last time I signed onto Live was 4/30/2010. Over a year ago. LOL.

My Live expired so I'll need to get a new one.

cackhyena

Kadey said:
Kadey1up.

Last time I signed onto Live was 4/30/2010. Over a year ago. LOL.

My Live expired so I'll need to get a new one.
This figures. I just deleted my friend invite to you last night after having it on for months because you said you never go to Live anymore. Desperate times, huh. You have a time in mind?

_dementia said:
How did that happen? A friend of mine had a similar degradation issue with his Tekken 6 360 disc.
my 360 ssfiv disc is chipping away too, I would imagine taking it out of the case and putting it back over and over again did it.

Corky said:
Oh cool, which res do you play at?

720P, 60 FPS, everything high except for the shadows and filters. SSFIV AE should run the same.

I don't play many PC games except for solitaire and GGPO, so the mobility 5650 works great. I wish they'd release MK or MVC3 for GFW.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Spiderjericho said:
720P, 60 FPS, everything high except for the shadows and filters. SSFIV AE should run the same.

I don't play many PC games except for solitaire and GGPO, so the mobility 5650 works great. I wish they'd release MK or MVC3 for GFW.

that is terrific news thanks a bunch!

Corky said:
that is terrific news thanks a bunch!

Yessir. I got the John Cena and Ryu Madcatz Fightpads (along with three Saturn USBs) to play SFIV and GGPO.

But SFIV works marvelous. Also glad I grabbed SFIV on GFW (it was $14.99 at the time).

There's a few GAFFERS who play PC once in awhile Riceeater, Khakinfected, etc.

Morris

Disco Devil
I want to play some GGPO too. Anyone down for some games on anything? Kinda want to get some Vampire Savior games in.

Miss u psn sfiv gaf <3

_dementia said:
Dead to me
Okay.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom