• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
simtmb said:
New SS2011 trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaZspzVvkgs

I'll be there, but shame i can't participate due to a nerve injury. Whole right arm is busted. -_-

So they looked up ShinAkuma's page and watched some Japanese SF videos and decided to invite every single person they came across? And we got Americans over there as well. My goodness, no event before this one has come any where close to having the amount of top international talent that this event has. It even leaves last years EVO in the dust easily.

Toge

Toski said:
I wonder how Australia was able to get damn near all of Japan to go? I wouldn't be surprised if JWong, maybe Marn and some other guys are subsequently announced.

Looks like its time for Australia to step up their game.

A flight to Australia is probably half the cost of a flight to the US. And Mago/Tokido probably talked up sausage rolls lol

_Xenon_

Banned
Holy shit @ the guest list. They are all going for the EVO tickets right?

And Makoto is going there? I thought he quit the tournament scene and became a family man.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
so I tried out SF4 vanilla on my laptop just for the heck of it and please for the love of god tell me something is up.

On 360 ( super ) I can do a badgillion ex.dash uppers with rog in a row without breaking a sweat

but on pc with and the same bloody 360 pad I can't even do a lp lp ex. dash upper!! :S, every single goddamn time I get dash low instead :S what the heck is going on?

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
I think both Shadowloo showdown and (from the sounds of it) this years Canada Cup are going to be more of Australias and Canadas versions of EVO rather than mostly local players vs a few big names like the last SS and CC.

Canada and Australia may not have much of a chance to win their respective tournaments but it'll be great exposure for their scene, and will obviously help them level up. As long as they manage to squeeze in a few other majors with less killers that they actually have a chance of winning during the year I think its great.

ShaneB

Aruarian Reflection said:
Highlights of ice0age r's Rawg. I want to see one person at Evo land a standing jab -> ultra. Please!!

The final clip is an oldie but still so beautiful
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1vgqa0GmSM

Man that is fun as hell to watch. I'm pretty scrubby, and I can't imagine I'll ever hit links constantly, so that is pretty awesome.

That SS2k11 trailer is slick as hell too, will be an awesome event.

mr. puppy

Banned
Rocky_Balboa said:
I wish I had links like that. Maeda is still better in my opinion, but not as fun to watch.

actually, Maeda's turtling is one of his biggest weaknesses. In my opinion he stays way to far back instead of being more aggressive and trying to get to midscreen, and thats a really big reason why loses so much.

Especially when he starts panicking. He'll move to the corner of the screen and start spamming jab instead of trying to make the guy make mistakes at mid screen.

He's like the opposite side of the coin from Ice0age. I think PR Rog vs. Tokido is the best I've seen Balrog plays, and he sits at midscreen and does a grean job against Akuma.

Corky said:
so I tried out SF4 vanilla on my laptop just for the heck of it and please for the love of god tell me something is up.

On 360 ( super ) I can do a badgillion ex.dash uppers with rog in a row without breaking a sweat

but on pc with and the same bloody 360 pad I can't even do a lp lp ex. dash upper!! :S, every single goddamn time I get dash low instead :S what the heck is going on?
What setting do you have on?

I would turn off V-Synch if you do have it on.
Frame Rate set to Fixed.

El Sloth

Banned
Where can I watch videos of the Oni player that was apparently beasting on the recent NSB stream?

MarkMan said:
SS 2011! <3
You know you're pimping right when you're in a trailer about featured players when you won't be playing yourself. MarkMan legends?

jlai

El Sloth said:
Where can I watch videos of the Oni player that was apparently beasting on the recent NSB stream?

You know you're pimping right when you're in a trailer about featured players when you won't be play yourself. MarkMan legends?

Sorry to disappoint you yesterday Sloth, saw you came into the stream chat and got excited for Mak only to have me let you down.. and then you left right after :(

El Sloth

Banned
jlai said:
Sorry to disappoint you yesterday Sloth, saw you came into the stream chat and got excited for Mak only to have me let you down.. and then you left right after :(
Hahaha! Oh man, that sounds horrible when you type it out like that! I left because I realized I should get to sleep early if I didn't want to feel like absolute shit when I had to wake up at 6 a.m. today. It was just a coincidence that it happened after the Yoga Beatdown.

Your Mak is still best Mak!

Corky said:

They changed the input priority from SF4 to SSF4. As long as you end the motion in f or uf then it'll be ex-rush. In SF4 even if you ended the motion f, but at some point it touched df, EX-low would come out.

mr. puppy said:
actually, Maeda's turtling is one of his biggest weaknesses. In my opinion he stays way to far back instead of being more aggressive and trying to get to midscreen, and thats a really big reason why loses so much.

Especially when he starts panicking. He'll move to the corner of the screen and start spamming jab instead of trying to make the guy make mistakes at mid screen.

He's like the opposite side of the coin from Ice0age. I think PR Rog vs. Tokido is the best I've seen Balrog plays, and he sits at midscreen and does a grean job against Akuma.
YEah, I kinda agree with you. In vanilla Maeda was a beast and maybe I'm stuck on that image. PR Rog is definitely great and smart player.

El Sloth

Banned
USD said:
You can find EpilsonJ's matches at 1:22:45 and 2:03:45 here:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/14468274
Thanks a lot, dude!

Edit: Damn, Oni's f.mk hits from real far. Ground pound looks like it has a pretty decent size hitbox.

The back airdash to bait out Cammy's DP for a U2 punish was real sexy.

The twins's palm move is considered a fireball right? I wonder if Oni's forward fierce beats it. Might be too slow to matter though.

Rocky_Balboa said:
YEah, I kinda agree with you. In vanilla Maeda was a beast and maybe I'm stuck on that image. PR Rog is definitely great and smart player.

Even though I'm the biggest Maeda Taison fanboy in existence, I agree with Mr. Puppy as well. In Vanilla he was known as the aggressive, in your face Rog. Where as Pamyu was known as the defensive, turtle, wait for an opening Rog. Maeda's play style has change in AE, maybe because of the nerfs he received?

Ice0age's biggest weakness is his rushdown/aggressiveness. Over excessive use of TAPS, EX-Upper galore...In other vids I've seen him where he does ft5 or ft10 matches, the other player will catch on to his aggressive style and use it against him to where loses the overall match. In the compilation video shown, it shows him being an execution god. Which I'm not taking away fro him at all, the guy is amazing when it comes to that. He just needs to know when to chill out when he sees himself getting exposed for his aggressive style.

Axis

black_vegeta said:
Ice0age's biggest weakness is his rushdown/aggressiveness. Over excessive use of TAPS, EX-Upper galore...In other vids I've seen him where he does ft5 or ft10 matches, the other player will catch on to his aggressive style and use it against him to where loses the overall match. In the compilation video shown, it shows him being an execution god. Which I'm not taking away fro him at all, the guy is amazing when it comes to that. He just needs to know when to chill out when he sees himself getting exposed for his aggressive style.

he is godlike...also link to ft5's or 10...i can watch him all day

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Rocky_Balboa said:
They changed the input priority from SF4 to SSF4. As long as you end the motion in f or uf then it'll be ex-rush. In SF4 even if you ended the motion f, but at some point it touched df, EX-low would come out..

oh shit I had no idea, well that explains it I guess.

Axis

Kadey said:
Last was awesome.

Highlight of the night. Saty on a 16 game win streak. Random Akuma comes out of nowhere. Beats him and leaves. :)

http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/285206808

I will probably stream again later tonight.

and of course we'll all be down to play again!

we're on that constant XBL gaf level up program lol

i think saty's final record of the night was 68-6...that beast :(

Satyamdas

Banned
Kadey said:
I think Greg and Saty are best friends. So much love between the two. Like wow.
It's more like the relationship between a person and a stray dog or cat who just shows up at your house and refuses to go away. Sure, you could call animal control or just kill the thing, or you could be nice and feed it once in a while out of pity. Greg's constant trolling of me is the dog's bark or cat's meow. And my response every so often is the bowl of water or food the nice person leaves out there out of the kindness of their heart. You just feel so bad for the attention starved creature that you go against your better judgment and you feed the troll, I mean dog/cat, I mean Greg. And as we all know, this just encourages the troll/dog/cat/Greg to stick around even more. But it's all good, just like the food starved stray, the attention starved Greg is harmless. <3 Greg <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom