• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solune

BotoxAgent said:
I haven't really kept up with AE footage as far as Cammy is concerned, but hopefully it will be counterhit city....and maybe I can actually do the Sako combo with more consistency this time, yeah!
That's pretty much what she's all about, basically removed divekick pressure except EXTKCS, add more block strings and that's her. She's around the same but if you want divekicks just pick Yun or Yang. HK SA nerf is really annoying.

rivals

BotoxAgent said:
I haven't really kept up with AE footage as far as Cammy is concerned, but hopefully it will be counterhit city....and maybe I can actually do the Sako combo with more consistency this time, yeah!

Sako combo is a 2 frame link now as opposed to 1 frame I think.

USD

cackhyena said:
I see. Still maining Cammy?
Sako mains Yang the last I heard. Though at the TOPANGA Charity Cup several weeks ago, he played Ibuki.
Solune said:
That's pretty much what she's all about, basically removed divekick pressure except EXTKCS, add more block strings and that's her. She's around the same but if you want divekicks just pick Yun or Yang. HK SA nerf is really annoying.
It's more than just block strings. Some of her standard combos are different, as she can now link into her cr.MK from a number of moves now (all ground versions of LP, for example).

hitsugi

Yeah the old sako combo is not really cammys "go to" thing in AE.. she has a ton of other options now (sort of cvs2-like) especially off counterhits.

Solune

USD said:
It's more than just block strings. Some of her standard combos are different, as she can now link into her cr.MK from a number of moves now (all ground versions of LP, for example).
You have good a point. I didn't mean to be nonchalant about the change to her normals, but I am dissatisfied with her changes overall. Yes she has C.FP > Far S.FP > SA and more max damage combos, C.MP > C.MP > C.MK is nice too. Meh I have more fun playing Cody now anyways, sucks she's been my main since Vanilla but now she's just used goods.

Axis

that's the thing for me, tho...is i'm going to much prefer having such good frame advantage on normals finally instead of good frame advantage off of a blocked tkcs; with meter they're stuck in the same situation as vanilla/AE...but cammy has more options and counterhit c.fp > U1 will probably be much easier for me to set up now, can't wait! also bring on the one-frame links...multiples in a row if possible.

Solune

Axis said:
that's the thing for me, tho...is i'm going to much prefer having such good frame advantage on normals finally instead of good frame advantage off of a blocked tkcs; with meter they're stuck in the same situation as vanilla/AE...but cammy has more options and counterhit c.fp > U1 will probably be much easier for me to set up now, can't wait! also bring on the one-frame links...multiples in a row if possible.
She doesn't have more options, her options have changed. That's why there was that whole blow up when TKCS was being removed. You can go to blow up crouch tech with TKCS but only if you have meter now like you said, so you're forced to fish for CH. That's why I made that little comment about adding block strings to her, it was more like in jest. Like Marlinpie said a long time ago, best damage off a standing hitconfim is Cl S.MP > C.FP > Far S.FP > SA but character specific. Anyways, I'm not saying Cammy's not good and like hitsugi said, her combos are more CvS2-like but that's not good enough for me. I'm not gonna argue semantics anymore though, if you're comfortable with new Cammy, that's good. I'm gonna go over to the arcade now and play AE Guy or Cody now anyways.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Looking back at archives, it seems Art did win one against a GAFFER. But still, my boys did what they had to do.

Art Vs Eva. Eva actually beat him twice.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/286095045

Art Vs Saty. Wanted to see the rare Dhalsim mirror but Art was being a party pooper.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/286095381

Art Vs Jlai. The rushdown was too much.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/286094649

Good to Art for playing with us though. It made the stream more interesting than usual. :)

Also shoutouts to the guy that thought Kuma was Sp00ky. He kept asking questions for like 5 minutes thinking he was him. "Hey when is the twitter contest?" Kuma: ..............
I'm still laughing about it. LOL.

Axis

Solune said:
She doesn't have more options, her options have changed. That's why there was that whole blow up when TKCS was being removed. You can go to blow up crouch tech with TKCS but only if you have meter now like you said, so you're forced to fish for CH. That's why I made that little comment about adding block strings to her, it was more like in jest. Like Marlinpie said a long time ago, best damage off a standing hitconfim is Cl S.MP > C.FP > Far S.FP > SA but character specific. Anyways, I'm not saying Cammy's not good and like hitsugi said, her combos are more CvS2-like but that's not good enough for me. I'm not gonna argue semantics anymore though, if you're comfortable with new Cammy, that's good. I'm gonna go over to the arcade now and play AE Guy or Cody now anyways.

not arguing anything; tkcs being removed is fine...yes, i use the fuck out of it but i'm not going to whine about it. i'd much rather just accept it and play her how she's gonna be...which i'm personally excited about.

hitsugi

AE Guy is a good reason to leave Cammy. I've been saying we'll see more of him in AE for a while but with the twins' ease of use and general effectiveness, I may be wrong

I'm going to play new Cammy since Cody is a decent amount of fun when he gets rolling anyway, but I like not being extremely free on wakeup. A top 3 guy in my scene uses Gen, and he regularly busts people's skulls in Super. He's gonna be beast in AE, and Cammy won't be nearly as bad as Gen is in Super.

Don't agree with all the changes but maybe it'll help keep the game fresher for me.

HK Drill nerf looks a big pile of shit though. Will deal with it though.

Gonna learn Yun in a day (re:hour) just for Saty's Sim

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Guys what kind of bandwidth do you have? I have a 1MB connection and it sucks.

I just played some 5 bar matches and it was like playing a 30 FPS game.
The lag was unbearable :(

LowParry

Fersis said:

I have a 20MB package which allows me to download up to 30MB per sec, but my upload is only at 3MB. :/ Wish I could get a higher upload.

Satyamdas said:
But I just X.C.O.P.Y'd Darui's gdlk anti-Yun strats yesterday. Bring that lame shit on and watch it get bodied. ^_^

I watched that yesterday, that was beautiful. He made dem twins look C Tier.

Darui's Sim is hellah gdlk.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
CcrooK said:
I have a 20MB package which allows me to download up to 30MB per sec, but my upload is only at 3MB. :/ Wish I could get a higher upload.
3MB is a lot!

yeah i think i will never be able to play SSFIV with no lag since i dont have anyone to play with it.
foreveralone.jpg

eissan

CcrooK said:

I have a 25mbps connection with 2mbps upload but the jitter on the line is soo damn bad I cant play online at all right now...stupid ass shaw internet...

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Finally getting a TE stick on Friday. I've only ever used a stick once before. Any specific tips for switching from pad? Cammy player here btw, don't know if that matters lol

Axis

Tashi0106 said:
Finally getting a TE stick on Friday. I've only ever used a stick once before. Any specific tips for switching from pad? Cammy player here btw, don't know if that matters lol

don't bother learning to tkcs on stick.

cackhyena

Fersis said:

I'm on a 1.5 connection. I feel you.

Satyamdas

Banned
the_log_ride said:
Where dis video? Need dat anti yun tech
Dat a-cho.

Almost 2 hours of footage and probably close to 15 or 20 matches with Sim gdlkness. First vid Darui runs a sick Guy gauntlet, but really, almost every match is worth watching. 5:00 in the first vid for the first Yun match.

cackhyena

That Yun in the first vid at the 20:00 mark did something I haven't seen before. Combos into Super then right into Ultra and finishes him off with the rest of the Super...all connected. Crazy.

cackhyena said:
That Yun in the first vid at the 20:00 mark did something I haven't seen before. Combos into Super then right into Ultra and finishes him off with the rest of the Super...all connected. Crazy.
At that point the guy was just styling. I don't think that was practical at all. he could have done more damage without the ultra, but the opponent was so close to death already.

Solune

Killa Sasa said:
HK Drill nerf looks a big pile of shit though. Will deal with it though.
This change actually annoys me alot more than TKCS just because of the fact that most of the time you cannot FADC since the first hit whiffs alot more now ESPECIALLY when combining some of the new combos you can perform with her.

LowParry

I think I need to put away the Vega/Bison combo and put in some time with other characters. I feel like I'm gimping myself out. Is Ibuki pretty solid in Super and AE? Might as well switch a ninja for a ninja.

CcrooK said:
I think I need to put away the Vega/Bison combo and put in some time with other characters. I feel like I'm gimping myself out. Is Ibuki pretty solid in Super and AE? Might as well switch a ninja for a ninja.
join the yun army

Fersis

CcrooK said:
Hakan.

Im leaving the Guile camp to join the Hakan Oil Army.

[Normals]
st.HP’s hurtbox around his arm got smaller, so it’s easier to use as an AA or a poke.
When normals are canceled during oiled forward dash, he will skid a little extra distance.

[Unique Attacks]
Step Low (F+LK) got to be cancelable.

[Specials]
For Oil Shower, the duration of the oil will be stacked now.
The maximum duration will be 30 seconds.
Also, MK/HK/EX versions have 5f less recovery,
and EX version can be canceled into Guard Position (D+3P, aka coward crouch).
Also, Oil Shower will be one of the follow-ups after Oil Slide.
The effect is the same as LK Oil Shower, and he will be in advantage nevertheless.
LP Oil Slide has faster start-up, and can be connected from cr.LP or Step Low.
Oil Dive (including EX), while holding button, can be canceled into Guard Position.

[Others]
Oil Rocket, Oil Dive’s input property is adjusted, so the feeling will be same with that of Zangief’s SPD

hitsugi

gaf-related problem :x cookie got deleted on my PC, and I'm only logged on through the web app.. and I went through the whole "forgot your password" thing which I assume did the first half of scrambling my current PW but wont send me the damn email D: any idea of who the acceptable mod is to contact about this?

LowParry

_dementia said:
join the yun army

I'm probably going to go the Yang route when AE hits. I'm just not having fun with Vega/Bison so I need a good change. Ibuki seems like a good choice for now. I was thinking Guy but there's probably going to be a million of them come AE so naw. And no, I can't play grapple characters for the life of me. :D

Threi

notag
SFGAF wish me luck, been in and out of the hospital lately for gastrointestinal problems...I thought I was done (at least for now) but its reoccurring :/

feelsbadman.jpg

Axis

Threi said:
SFGAF wish me luck, been in and out of the hospital lately for gastrointestinal problems...I thought I was done (at least for now) but its reoccurring :/

feelsbadman.jpg

hope you get better, threi

LowParry

Threi said:

feelsbadman.jpg

Whaaaa? Get better and come back and play!

rivals

Threi said:

feelsbadman.jpg

Ahh get better dude, hope to see you back around soon.

hitsugi

Threi said:

feelsbadman.jpg
I had a friend that had some serious long term problems with that.. The doctors were able to find a mix of things that worked for him so I've got my fingers crossed for their success with you :D

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Threi said:

feelsbadman.jpg

:(

Feel better Threi!

In lighter news, it's Daigos 30th birthday apparently, so happy birthday to him.

Satyamdas said:
Dat a-cho.

Almost 2 hours of footage and probably close to 15 or 20 matches with Sim gdlkness. First vid Darui runs a sick Guy gauntlet, but really, almost every match is worth watching. 5:00 in the first vid for the first Yun match.

This footage is glorious! Thanks, man!

Threi said:

feelsbadman.jpg

Stay strong, Threi. I hope you have a speedy recovery...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom