• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowParry

So after about 30 matches with Ibuki, I came out with at least 5 wins. She's starting to click with me. I've got to get out of the habit of jumping with her unless I'm set up for a cross up or trying some kunai shenanigans. Any Ibuki players here got any tips with her? Her BnBs I'm getting used to. So far.

Sadly won't make it in tonight with GAF. Got school. :(

Satyamdas

Banned
Now threi I'm not a doctor but I play one on NeoGAF, and I think I can safely diagnose your symptoms as an acute case of Hypernatremia, brought on as a direct result of overexposure to SSF4 Deejay. Prognosis is usually not good if no treatment is sought, but luckily for you there are options. One option is to cease any and all contact with SSF4 Deejay immediately and seek a new character to replace him. Another is to stop using SSF4 Deejay and replace him with AE Deejay, although this option does not completely remove the risk of your case worsening in the event that AE Deejay is still shitballs. Consider your treatment carefully, and godspeed my friend.

Srsly though, hope you get over whatever is wrong and feel better soon. <3

Threi said:
SFGAF wish me luck, been in and out of the hospital lately for gastrointestinal problems...I thought I was done (at least for now) but its reoccurring :/

feelsbadman.jpg

The best of luck mate. I hope your troubles end as soon as possible.

Hope like Elena, you heal, Threi.

Ugh, how come Games For Windows doesn't have that game for preorder? Is it going to be the same price on M$ service (which is what I bought SFIV on, since it was only $15).

Mœbius

Get better soon Threi! :)

In other news, with both my consoles dead and gone it looks like I'll be joining PC-GAF for AE action come July. Notice it's available for pre-purchase on Steam now. Never played vanilla on PC before - what can I expect in terms of online play and level of opponents?

Edit: Oh also, can you play against 360 people on PC? ...guessing not.

chriskun said:
good games Riceeater. Sorry about my shitty play, so rusty at this game now, kept on fucking up my hhs's.

Don't worry about it, we both play pretty scrubby to be honest. I may be able to land my combos, but everything else about my game is ass. But it's good to know you're playing again since you stopped. Come by Kadey's room sometimes if you want to play with other GAF'ers like me, Vex, Saty, and everybody else(if you weren't mentioned it's because you almost never post in this thread :p).

BitchTits

Decided to dip back in before AE lands, I'm so rusty, but online play never changes: I got the oddest message from some one after I beat them bitching to me about using Ultras! Said I "wasn't playing properly and showing off." Uhm, I didn't know what to say to that tbh, I just said I hope they enjoyed the rest of their evening lol!

Rocwell

USD said:
Mike Ross's girl has some long-ass hair.
hyphen.jpg

Rice-Eater said:
Don't worry about it, we both play pretty scrubby to be honest. I may be able to land my combos, but everything else about my game is ass. But it's good to know you're playing again since you stopped. Come by Kadey's room sometimes if you want to play with other GAF'ers like me, Vex, Saty, and everybody else(if you weren't mentioned it's because you almost never post in this thread :p).

Whatever do you mean? But yeah, GG's everyone. Sorry about the round of Zangitrolling Rice, after the earlier talk about it in the stream, couldn't help it :p. I'm going to have to start playing with you guys on a regular basis again. For some reason, going forever without playing makes you kind of free, who would have thought it?

LowParry

Axelhortsemchi said:
Whatever do you mean? But yeah, GG's everyone. Sorry about the round of Zangitrolling Rice, after the earlier talk about it in the stream, couldn't help it :p. I'm going to have to start playing with you guys on a regular basis again. For some reason, going forever without playing makes you kind of free, who would have thought it?

Could be worse. I've picked up an entirely different character to play so I'm going to get bodies a lot till I get my character down.

Axis

Axelhortsemchi said:

ggs yesterday sir.

CcrooK said:
Could be worse. I've picked up an entirely different character to play so I'm going to get bodies a lot till I get my character down.

I understand completely. I decided to dabble in someone besides Gief when I first started playing Super. Unfortunately, I chose Hakan, which was a bad choice for sticking with it. :lol

LowParry

Axelhortsemchi said:
I understand completely. I decided to dabble in someone besides Gief when I first started playing Super. Unfortunately, I chose Hakan, which was a bad choice for sticking with it. :lol

At least Hakan is getting beefed in AE. Ibuki seems to be alright with her changes. I'm just trying to get good muscle memory in with her vortexes. I think she's a stronger player than what I'm used to playing (Vega/Bison) though going up against Bison right now is just a pain in the ass for me.

CcrooK said:
At least Hakan is getting beefed in AE. Ibuki seems to be alright with her changes. I'm just trying to get good muscle memory in with her vortexes. I think she's a stronger player than what I'm used to playing (Vega/Bison) though going up against Bison right now is just a pain in the ass for me.

One of the guys I occasionally play with IRL is a really good Bison. He can fuck you up. It just takes a lot of patience for getting down pokes, tight links, and annoying ambiguous crossups with Psycho Crusher. Can't say anything about Vega though. Though yeah, with what you said and at least from my experience going against her, she seems like a somewhat less scary version of Akuma with some different tricks. Of course, I'm also sure she plays absolutely nothing like that. XD

LowParry

Axelhortsemchi said:
One of the guys I occasionally play with IRL is a really good Bison. He can fuck you up. It just takes a lot of patience for getting down pokes, tight links, and annoying ambiguous crossups with Psycho Crusher. Can't say anything about Vega though. Though yeah, with what you said and at least from my experience going against her, she seems like a somewhat less scary version of Akuma with some different tricks. Of course, I'm also sure she plays absolutely nothing like that. XD

She just has a lot of blockstrings you can use. Which can lead to quick stuns with her neckbreaker. Something I need to work on. :(

Axis

CcrooK said:

bison's a better char than ibuki IMO...he just has all the tools except maybe exceptional damage output

Axelhortsemchi said:
Thanks, you're pretty good. First time in as long as I can remember that a Cammy opened a can of whoop-ass on me.

thanks. it's cuz i'm so autopilot etc, etc, etc

i know the gief matchup pretty well so that doesn't hurt, either.

Axis said:
thanks. it's cuz i'm so autopilot etc, etc, etc

i know the gief matchup pretty well so that doesn't hurt, either.

Yeah, I didn't get a single bad Spiral Arrow out of you. It made me a little sad. I can appreciate a good autopilot too, my brain kind of turns off and I just generate a handful of choices when I get a knockdown, as seen in the kneetick into kneetick into kneetick matches. Yours though, that shit's legit, I didn't even smell autopilot until it was explicitly pointed out afterwards. XD

Axis

Axelhortsemchi said:
Yeah, I didn't get a single bad Spiral Arrow out of you. It made me a little sad. I can appreciate a good autopilot too, my brain kind of turns off and I just generate a handful of choices when I get a knockdown, as seen in the kneetick into kneetick into kneetick matches. Yours though, that shit's legit, I didn't even smell autopilot until it was explicitly pointed out afterwards. XD

safe autopiloting is so good :3

s.rh works so well in that matchup that spiral arrows are pretty unnecessary

but i really don't/can't autopilot against gief...i'm so free to command grabs if i do...4 grabs and it's gg's...i'd rather just run away like a bitch lol

Axis said:
safe autopiloting is so good :3

s.rh works so well in that matchup that spiral arrows are pretty unnecessary

but i really don't/can't autopilot against gief...i'm so free to command grabs if i do...4 grabs and it's gg's...i'd rather just run away like a bitch lol

Yeah, most of my matches against Cammy turn into drawn-out footsy wars. Can't be mad at that though, running away like a bitch is a solid strategy against Gief 9 times out of 10, lol.

Axis

Axelhortsemchi said:
Yeah, most of my matches against Cammy turn into drawn-out footsy wars. Can't be mad at that though, running away like a bitch is a solid strategy against Gief 9 times out of 10, lol.

it's either that or i pick chun...i can guess which one you'd rather deal with haha

LakeEarth

Axelhortsemchi said:
What's the 1 time out of 10 where it's a good idea to go at a Zangief? Assuming you're not Akuma.

EDIT - always run, always zone, always spam the shit you know will beat lariat.

Axis said:
it's either that or i pick chun...i can guess which one you'd rather deal with haha

Yeah.... I think I'll stick with Cammy. I'd just about rather play against Seth than Chun. It's a terrible matchup. Only good thing is mindfucking them with U2, if I get that far. Otherwise, the rest of the match is just a drawn out mix of misery and despair. /Ireallyhatethatmatchmup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom