• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LakeEarth said:
What's the 1 time out of 10 where it's a good idea to go at a Zangief? Assuming you're not Akuma.

Nope, Akuma's the 1 out of 10. That or if you've got the Gief so outclassed you can destroy them with aggressive pokes, and bait and punish inevitable lariats.

cHaotix8 said:
I'll rush a Gief down with Dudley if I have enough HP to take the risk.

If you're confident you can do it to the Gief in question, go for it. But that's kind of risky for Dudley. Lariat will stuff the bulk of his ground options, though the people's elbow beats it pretty clean. That said, it's easy to block, which leaves Dudley face to face with Zangief. I'm pretty sure it's safe, but that puts you in a risky position, and most people will turn around at that point, pushing the Dudley towards the corner instead of rushing down. Now, he's got some nice target combos, and a good tick off his command dash, so long as it's surprising. But it's one of those cases where a single bad guess can cost as much life as you took off with 2 or 3 good ones. It's just a risky thing to do.

So Peaceful Jay is starting to do online tournies every Thursday. First one starts today at 9pm EST. Free entry and $100 for the winner.

Some of the players: Me (
3AQmK.gif
), Wolfy, Lagtif, Rico Smooth, Dieminion, Aquaslick, Lamerbee, Salturo, Yellow Ken.

dragonballjoseph said:
So Peaceful Jay is starting to do online tournies every Thursday. First one starts today at 9pm EST. Free entry and $100 for the winner.

3AQmK.gif
), Wolfy, Lagtif, Rico Smooth, Dieminion, Aquaslick, Lamerbee, Salturo, Yellow Ken.

Lamerbee?

Won't dat connection be ass-a-reffic?

hitsugi

I go back and forth with how aggressive I am against Gief with Guy.. Usually fairly conservative but if I get something going I'll try to stay in there D: him and hawk are both bothersome but at least Guy can't get grabbed after any blocked chain in AE

Satyamdas

Banned
dragonballjoseph said:

3AQmK.gif
Exactly HOW or WHY did you neglect to mention the person who will win this thing free? I am speaking of course of that GATLYKE Sim, Lucky-motherfucking-D! >:|

Watch yourself, DBJ! :mad:

dragonballjoseph said:

3AQmK.gif

good luck, also cheering on Arturo also.

Axis

CcrooK said:
I can believe that. But who comes out as better come AE?

bison's basically the same character in AE with very minor changes(except u2 is now a charge ultra)...so i'd say bison. ibuki had the spacing on her neckbreakers tweaked so the vortex will be different now.

LowParry

Axis said:
bison's basically the same character in AE with very minor changes(except u2 is now a charge ultra)...so i'd say bison. ibuki had the spacing on her neckbreakers tweaked so the vortex will be different now.

Maybe I'll stick with Bison and Ibuki as an alt. Cause I'm having a lot of fun with her.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Play whomever is fun for you. That's all that matters. Whether winning or losing, I find most of the cast enjoyable to play. Getting nerfs and buffs isn't going to change my opinion on certain characters. Fundamentals and basics are still there for all characters.

I wish there were some way for me to see what my stream looks like from someone actually watching.

I'll be rooting for Art to win the PJ tourney but we all know he's going to get blown up somehow. :( Online is online.

cHaotix8

Axelhortsemchi said:
If you're confident you can do it to the Gief in question, go for it. But that's kind of risky for Dudley. Lariat will stuff the bulk of his ground options, though the people's elbow beats it pretty clean. That said, it's easy to block, which leaves Dudley face to face with Zangief. I'm pretty sure it's safe, but that puts you in a risky position, and most people will turn around at that point, pushing the Dudley towards the corner instead of rushing down. Now, he's got some nice target combos, and a good tick off his command dash, so long as it's surprising. But it's one of those cases where a single bad guess can cost as much life as you took off with 2 or 3 good ones. It's just a risky thing to do.

Meaty overhead beats all of his options except for EX SPD and Ultra and neutral jump gives me 500 damage combo if he whiffs one of those. If he blocks overhead I can cancel into target combo and I'm pushed out to a safe range.

NOW IN AE.....

Kai

Got me a TE Stick and downloaded SSF4 after playing 3DS to get me back into it....

XBOX: SamusKai23

Working my way up the ladder slowly - went from D to C+ in 2 days. Trying to get B by the end of this week (can't play much due to work though). Any special GAF nights or anything else I should know about? I am getting into this pretty seriously....

That was fun! I hopped onto Kadey's room last night (I was the Chun with the same name as here) after finally figuring out how to join friends' games thru the buddy list. I've been looking for some regulars to play with and now I've found them. GGs everyone!

Kai said:
Got me a TE Stick and downloaded SSF4 after playing 3DS to get me back into it....

XBOX: SamusKai23

Working my way up the ladder slowly - went from D to C+ in 2 days. Trying to get B by the end of this week (can't play much due to work though). Any special GAF nights or anything else I should know about? I am getting into this pretty seriously....

Our very own Kadey runs an endless lobby throughout the week. Lots of great players in there, too. You'll definitely have your work cut out for you if you're looking to build a long winning streak online.

Axis

nakedsushi said:
That was fun! I hopped onto Kadey's room last night (I was the Chun with the same name as here) after finally figuring out how to join friends' games thru the buddy list. I've been looking for some regulars to play with and now I've found them. GGs everyone!

ggs

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
nakedsushi said:

Yeah. I was telling them about you.

We need to have that Chun/Sim runback. I got blown up in the last round.

chriskun

Rice-Eater said:
Don't worry about it, we both play pretty scrubby to be honest. I may be able to land my combos, but everything else about my game is ass. But it's good to know you're playing again since you stopped. Come by Kadey's room sometimes if you want to play with other GAF'ers like me, Vex, Saty, and everybody else(if you weren't mentioned it's because you almost never post in this thread :p).
Those ambiguous crossups with ken and ryu you had were pretty awesome if you ask me. Does kadey host public rooms?? I'd love to have some regulars to play with.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
AkumaHokoru said:
Where you at my dude?

I'm posted up off Lexington & 48th at one of the hotels here. I got a few business meetings in the morning but I hit up NerdJosh and told him I'm down fo whatever tomorrow!

i am trying to get a bit more decent fighting shape

forget yet Yun or Yang, they seem less and less fun the more I watch them in action. After watching Shiro, I want to try to get good with Mak.

Today I'll try to level up. I just need to concentrate and leave all the stupid stuff that I usually do. In online it is just so tempting to play like a scrub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom