• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BotoxAgent said:
i am trying to get a bit more decent fighting shape

forget yet Yun or Yang, they seem less and less fun the more I watch them in action. After watching Shiro, I want to try to get good with Mak.
Has Shiro dropped Abel completely?

BotoxAgent said:
I hope he did. His Mak is so much more fun to watch (plus, I loathe Abel, lol)
:(
I wonder if Abel will play Elena to Mak's Chun in this game. If you're going to guess all day might as well go with the bigger payoff.

Rocky_Balboa said:
Today I'll try to level up. I just need to concentrate and leave all the stupid stuff that I usually do. In online it is just so tempting to play like a scrub.

I believe I leveled up my Rawg a tad. I stopped doing the stupid shit I used to do (excessive overheads). I'm relying more on footies and spacing. Making use of focus attack more. Also, the big thing is adapting to my opponent during the match. It's when I play long sessions I get into dat robot mode.

Hell, even my has Bison leveled up.

Mœbius

Ryan Hart is currently in Japan levelling up and he's been posting weekly updates about his experiences; his latest post is really interesting as he speaks about Daigo and Kazunoko (the number 1 and 2 BP players in Japan)... and the beast that is Yun.

Here's a sample, you can read the rest here:

Once a player reaches a certain level with Yun it just seems like you can't do much in the mirror once pressure is applied. I watched all the games from Daigo's machine and I could see him trying so many different things but he just couldn't do anything...He was just rushed down in a way that really didn't require that much from Kazunoko but yet stopped Daigo from being able to do anything. I just think it's far too easy to play in a really effective way now.

In all honesty tonight is the first time I've not enjoyed the game, and it's just from watching as well. It's a shame because I actually did ok but it's not because of my performance, it's because today I really saw that Yun is too much.

I think in this game it's too hard to escape Yun's pressure without taking a really stupid risk and I don't think that means the opponent is bad and deserves to be punished hard for it.

Sounds fun.

Another interesting tidbit is that Fuudo is now maining Fei and according to Ryan up there with Mago.

hitsugi

Almost no mirror is good... That's a terrible way to observe the game / character; especially Yun. Please watch matches where any movement by Daigos Yun gets punished by Fei rekkas

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
BotoxAgent said:
I hope he did. His Mak is so much more fun to watch (plus, I loathe Abel, lol)

I don't know how you can hate Abel but like Mak since they're both like, basically the same character except Abel is more well-rounded.

Fuck it. I know this is the SF thread but I also know there are macho maniacs in here.

The Macho King Randy Savage has passed away. RIP Macho Man

AkumaHokoru said:
Fuck it. I know this is the SF thread but I also know there are macho maniacs in here.

Yeah, it sucks and it really hits home.

RIP Macho Man Randy Savage. :(

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
AkumaHokoru said:

RIP.

Im watching some Macho Man vids right now.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
AkumaHokoru said:

Yeah my whole week is ruined now. Seriously sucks.

Lost Fragment said:
I don't know how you can hate Abel but like Mak since they're both like, basically the same character except Abel is more well-rounded.

i hate him mainly for breathless.....that ultra makes me really salty :)

_dementia said:
Well it sucks in AE now

yes!

t9ej6e.gif

black_vegeta said:
I believe I leveled up my Rawg a tad. I stopped doing the stupid shit I used to do (excessive overheads). I'm relying more on footies and spacing. Making use of focus attack more. Also, the big thing is adapting to my opponent during the match. It's when I play long sessions I get into dat robot mode.

Hell, even my has Bison leveled up.

Had I good night. I played pretty well and also won some good matches.

Corky said:
Can someone explain how I managed to get 2 superarmors or w/e it's called :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3xW7aacQus&feature=channel_video_title
I know this is something people can do with rog but I've never understood how, and looking at the inputs I still don't know how I got it to come out.
Basically you cancel the first ex-move with another EX-move. For example df+KK and right after the hit input f+PP. This has to be done in the very first frames of the move.

Satyamdas

Banned
AkumaHokoru said:

m2Ea1.gif

Watching all these old clips of the Macho Man is really bringing me back. I haven't seen some of these since they aired 20+ years ago and I remember the shit out of em. None of the kids I grew up with were Hulkamaniacs. I mean sure, Hogan was cool, but *EVERYONE* was doing their best Macho Man impression. It was all about that Macho Madness, baby. The man was gdlk and he will be missed. R.I.P

Ohhhhhhhhhh Yeahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Satyamdas

Banned
Rocky_Balboa said:
I hate the music. :(
I was just thinking as I watched the trailer that while I would never, ever, ever seek out that kind of music on my own, I think it fits well in these trailers. CEO, Shadowloo Showdown, and MarkMan's TestStream trailer all have that kind of music and I think it goes well for some reason. Which is weird because if I ever hear that shit outside of the trailer my ears start to bleed.

Solune

Satyamdas said:
I was just thinking as I watched the trailer that while I would never, ever, ever seek out that kind of music on my own, I think it fits well in these trailers. CEO, Shadowloo Showdown, and MarkMan's TestStream trailer all have that kind of music and I think it goes well for some reason. Which is weird because if I ever hear that shit outside of the trailer my ears start to bleed.
My friend says the exact same thing too. I found some songs from the recent Shadowloo Showdown that I liked but, listening to them outside of trailers really does seem awkward.

AkumaHokoru said:

RIP Macho Man..I didnt know Macho Man and Hogan were beefing for 10 years damn..

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Rocky_Balboa said:
Had I good night. I played pretty well and also won some good matches.

Basically you cancel the first ex-move with another EX-move. For example df+KK and right after the hit input f+PP. This has to be done in the very first frames of the move.

so there's no charge time needed for the other one I guess?

Axelhortsemchi said:
Yeah, most of my matches against Cammy turn into drawn-out footsy wars. Can't be mad at that though, running away like a bitch is a solid strategy against Gief 9 times out of 10, lol.

Sounds like last night against me more or less, well except when I lost patience which I know happened more than once.

Wiseblade said:
You people just don't know what good dubstep is.

Got really annoyed at my performance at locals yesterday. Maybe I should actually play more than a few minutes in training mode every other day...

As an Englishman I would like to apologise for all forms of dubstep.

I'll spar with you some if I see you on Wise. I've not been on much as of late as playing Abel isn't anywhere near as fun as my MK or MVC characters. I'll probably be on more when AE hits and I'll switch to Mak or Yun.

Wiseblade

Spirit of Jazz said:
As an Englishman I would like to apologise for all forms of dubstep.

I'll spar with you some if I see you on Wise. I've not been on much as of late as playing Abel isn't anywhere near as fun as my MK or MVC characters. I'll probably be on more when AE hits and I'll switch to Mak or Yun.
I'll defend Magnetic Man to the hilt! Don't really care about the rest of the genre, though. Dubstep is really easy to get horribly wrong and a lot of people do just that.

Ugh, don't even get me on AE. That game may as well cut out half the cast, because you'll never see them get played.

vulva

Teknopathetic said:
There is no such thing as good dubstep.
I still remember that time I thought I liked dubstep. Then you informed me the one 'good' dubstep song I liked wasn't even dubstep.

My hero <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom