• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cHaotix8

Timedog said:
Stay up, playboy. I haven't been playing at all the last couple months :(. I want to start going hard again though. When is AE out, again???

3 weeks from now or something like that. I'mma be waiting to give you that AE to give you that AE Cammy Homie.

Kadey, you should stop hating and make my boy a super mod on your stream.

Rocky_Balboa said:
So what about that AE DLC coming up. Pretty neat huh?

Yeah, can't wait...except I'm moving and don't have a PS3 or Xbox nearby.

So...how about that PJS DBJ, great job on that tourney today. (Man those last few posts should just get removed and apologies made by both parties).

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Teknopathetic said:
Making fun of someone's suicide and depression threads is pretty pathetic.

Yeah. It looks pathetic when you weren't there to see how this all began. That's like saying all depressed people should be allowed to go around and trash talk and belittle anybody they want just because of that fact.
If the issue presented itself again, I'll do the same thing over. I'm not going to let someone walk all over me. I must a pretty pathetic person doing things for people right? Maybe I should cancel all the tournaments since I'm a pathetic person.

Anyways, the issue is over. We're both cool now.

"Yeah. It looks pathetic when you weren't there to see how this all began. That's like saying all depressed people should be allowed to go around and trash talk and belittle anybody they want just because of that fact.
If the issue presented itself again, I'll do the same thing over. I'm not going to let someone walk all over me. I must a pretty pathetic person doing things for people right? Maybe I should cancel all the tournaments since I'm a pathetic person."

If you think running your tournaments gives you a pass to say whatever you want, you are mistaken. Throw your shitty threats of canceling your tournaments at someone else, it doesn't affect me.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I love how you're completely ignoring the scenario of what, when, why, whatever. LOL. Didn't know you were like this Tekno. Mods are supposed to be fair and a mediator instead of taking sides. The whole thing was brought up to state what type of person he is. Not really take jabs at him. But whatever. I'm completely done with this at this point.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Kadey,Tekno stopit!

Hug now or ill make you play Smash Bros. while listening to dubstep!

"I love how you're completely ignoring the scenario of what, when, why, whatever. LOL. Didn't know you were like this Tekno. Mods are supposed to be fair and a mediator instead of taking sides. The whole thing was brought up to state what type of person he is. Not really take jabs at him. But whatever. I'm completely done with this at this point."

Guilt trips also don't affect me. I'm not taking any sides, I'm not even trying to mediate the situation because it's supposedly finished and furthermore it didn't even happen on GAF so I feel no real obligation to be fair or mediate. Even if I were and even if it did, the only reason it bothers you is because you don't think I'm taking your side. If it's a matter of calling out what type of person he is, there are better ways to do it without sinking that low. At that point, it says more about you than it's does him.

Honestly, this thread should be devoted to friendship, fighting, building a community, etc.

There was a situation on KADEY'S stream (so it's like coming in her home). Maybe things got out of hand as far as comments or behavior goes. Banning him, asking him not to return would've probably been the high road. If you're going to take the low road, then insult maybe his childish behavior, his infatuation with Rich Boy, his "psychic" srks, his ish talking.

But crossing the line when he, as a man in his personal life, was at his low point isn't cool.

And then we have Q mosey into this thread and see that after his recent experiences.

Tekno wasn't being a mod, he was just simply commentating on the situation.

Let's just move past this and get back to talking about SF, using sticks, Ryan Hart's experiences in Japan, the upcoming major tournaments or PJS DBJ win last night

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's cool and understandable for him to feel the way he does. I said my piece. Like I said. I'm done with the issue. This whole thing wasn't supposed to be brought all over here in the first place.

Kadey said:
It's cool and understandable for him to feel the way he does. I said my piece. Like I said. I'm done with the issue.

Keep doing your thing. Regardless of if you continue to hold tournaments, you're an active contributor to the thread and the streams/room are a way for GAF SF heads to play, interact, etc.

I understand becoming upset with behavior on YOUR stream. There's nothing wrong with defending yourself, standing for something, etc, just never let anyone make you ugly.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Jesus, I wasn't shittalking anyone. I said 2 things in the chat before getting banned which were not referencing anyone else, and were not qualitative judgements. What did I say in the chat that was shittalking??

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Not the first time something like this has happened. As has been pointed out in the thread before, money doesn't buy class.

But let's move on. Let's talk about SF4 Koryu. I've been playing a few player matches online with random people and it's hilarious. Some people quit on me immediately but a few people quickly catch on and have been exploring the moves with me. But I'm baffled about the complete lack of online security here. Modifying client-side files can affect matches online for both players? I wonder if I've been playing people online who tweak the frame advantage of their characters just a little bit.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
2 days of playing ranked with my Arcade stick that I just got and I've dropped from 3000pp to 500pp with Cammy. :lol I can go in the challenges and training and just press buttons but they only help so much. Movement is such a big difference from 360 controller to stick. I'm learning the hard way but I'm making great strides I think.

Any tips as far has hand positioning? Left and right?

Also, TKCS with Cammy is so easy on the stick, it's a shame that it's going away now :(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm just chilling and talking to Art while highlighting some matches. This is like the 7th day that it's raining and it's going to rain until Wednesday for the foreseeable future. I don't think we've had this many straight days of rain before.

It's a shame I missed a good deal of the Sp00ky stream. They were playing on the Wii and stuff too. Koryu seems pretty tame compared to rainbow edition though. Not enough hurricane kicks that dizzy you, guile throwing out unlimited booms and dragon punches that cover the whole screen.

Kadey said:
I'm just chilling and talking to Art while highlighting some matches. This is like the 7th day that it's raining and it's going to rain until Wednesday for the foreseeable future. I don't think we've had this many straight days of rain before.

It's a shame I missed a good deal of the Sp00ky stream. They were playing on the Wii and stuff too. Koryu seems pretty tame compared to rainbow edition though. Not enough hurricane kicks that dizzy you, guile throwing out unlimited booms and dragon punches that cover the whole screen.
Yes its raining like crazy here in PA, but I like the rain :D

2 more weeks until AE, I will be playing full time on stream then, I am going to cheese the shit out of everyone :D

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
haunts said:
DONT CANCEL THE ONLINE TOURNAMENT

I DIDNT EVEN ENTER YET

For you Hauntsy, anything. Atlanta born and raised.

Yes its raining like crazy here in PA, but I like the rain :D

2 more weeks until AE, I will be playing full time on stream then, I am going to cheese the shit out of everyone :D

Oh, I'm in PA. Rain is making the grass like over a foot. You have crazy people mowing the lawn in the rain here.

What exactly is the date for Æ? Certain places are saying different dates. The sooner, the better of course. Seems like a handful of top players aren't really thrilled about the game however.

It comes out June 7th for consoles, I think they aren't thrilled because of nerfs really, I know it kills arts play style for Sim and changes it for Rose.

Where can I catch DBJ exciting triumph?

I tried going onto the stream's website, but I was unable to find him at all, and I went through each archived stream thing.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
GhostRidah said:
It comes out June 7th for consoles, I think they aren't thrilled because of nerfs really, I know it kills arts play style for Sim and changes it for Rose.

So what's the difference between this and every other fighting game iteration where characters are nerferd/buffed?

Corky

GhostRidah said:

*rimshot*

I must confess I'm not looking forward to playing good yun/yangs but by god if I have to I'll assemble a gathering of balrogplayers and go fucking manhattan project on their ass and scheme scheme scheme

Imm0rt4l

Corky said:
So what's the difference between this and every other fighting game iteration where characters are nerferd/buffed?
They overpowered yun in an attempt to "challenge" players like its some puzzle game. Sometimes I just don't understand capcom. I hope they aren't on some stupid shit with when street fighter x tekken I'll be playing ttt2 anyways.endless lobbies are going to be filled with rage and "no yun" rooms, just watch.

Corky

As much as I realize the concept of tiers and "balance" per se is paramount for a fighting game : will it truly matter outside of superhigh tourney play? I mean ain't Fei supposed to be top-tier in Super? How often have ya'll met Feis online that rip you apart just because of it's fei?

Now I realize online is just a cesspool but that's just the point I'm trying to get across, will it matter for 99% of us who don't attend tourneys? ( that yun vs the world is 6-4? )

cHaotix8

Corky said:
As much as I realize the concept of tiers and "balance" per se is paramount for a fighting game : will it truly matter outside of superhigh tourney play? I mean ain't Fei supposed to be top-tier in Super? How often have ya'll met Feis online that rip you apart just because of it's fei?

Now I realize online is just a cesspool but that's just the point I'm trying to get across, will it matter for 99% of us who don't attend tourneys? ( that yun vs the world is 6-4? )

Fei is actually hard to be good with on a high level while Yun is learn a combo and freestyle.

_dementia said:
Strong newcomers is nothing new. Like Chun in 3S.

But there was Ken and er Yun to compete with her.

Ryan Hart is pretty bummed about Yun.

But honestly in endless, this isn't going to be an issue. There's J. Wong/Ricky Ortiz's Rufus and the average Rufus.

I'm sure with wide-spread release, people will develop strategies, but character isn't anything new in a fighting game. Hell, if there weren't any hooks in it, people would still be complaining about Sentinel, Phoenix, etc in MVC3.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I won two matches with Hakan.

YO Daigo COME AT ME BRO !!!!111!

Corky

cHaotix8 said:
Fei is actually hard to be good with on a high level while Yun is learn a combo and freestyle.

Now that's another story, a character requiring virtually no skill to be good with and the prospect of actually having to be good with other characters is , imo , not really pertinent to the subject of balance. Is it?

I mean for the sake of argument, if char X is 3rd highest on a hypothetical tier list and requires little skill to play, is he then truly unbalanced if there are characters that are better that aren't considered unbalanced? Regardless of skillrequirement.

cHaotix8

Corky said:
Now that's another story, a character requiring virtually no skill to be good with and the prospect of actually having to be good with other characters is , imo , not really pertinent to the subject of balance. Is it?

I mean for the sake of argument, if char X is 3rd highest on a hypothetical tier list and requires little skill to play, is he then truly unbalanced if there are characters that are better that aren't considered unbalanced? Regardless of skillrequirement.

The point that I was making is that you'll see more Yuns doing well in tournaments simply because the character is good, not because of the player; as wasn't the case with Fei Long.

Corky

cHaotix8 said:
The point that I was making is that you'll see more Yuns doing well in tournaments simply because the character is good, not because of the player; as wasn't the case with Fei Long.

Well maybe I'm just rationalizing and wishfully hoping that that won't be the case.

Corky said:
How often have ya'll met Feis online that rip you apart just because of it's fei?

Pretty much any Fei I run into online rapes me most of the time. Then again, I play Guy....and once he's in, he can just press whatever button he wants and he'll score a counterhit when I try to do anything.

Imm0rt4l said:
They overpowered yun in an attempt to "challenge" players like its some puzzle game. Sometimes I just don't understand capcom. I hope they aren't on some stupid shit with when street fighter x tekken I'll be playing ttt2 anyways.endless lobbies are going to be filled with rage and "no yun" rooms, just watch.
I thought Capcom was gonna balance AE before it came to console but I was wrong..

Corky

BotoxAgent said:
Pretty much any Fei I run into online rapes me most of the time. Then again, I play Guy....and once he's in, he can just press whatever button he wants and he'll score a counterhit when I try to do anything.

Maybe my example wasn't that good but going from personal experience when I lose online against players in the 3500-4500pp bracket it's because :

1) I played terribly and sucked
2) they were simply better than me

Rarely did I ever feel like I lost to players who won just because of their characters. Then again this is Super and we're speculating about the online portion of AE. I guess we'll see in a couple of weeks if nothing else.

My gut feeling tells me that e.ryu/oni will outnumber yun/yang by a factor of atleast 150 million on xbl.

B1gg_Randall said:
I thought Capcom was gonna balance AE before it came to console but I was wrong..

It'll be interesting. I hope they do. It wouldn't make any sense to maintain such a draconian attitude in light of MVC3 and MK 9.

And if you watch the Atlanta Red (Fei Long) vs. DBJ (Sakura) match from yesterday.

DBJ was hustling playing hard, doing advanced Sakura strategies and combos. Atlanta Red was doing pretty much run of the mill Fei Long strategies and relying on the character's strengths (which after Mago it's apparent he's a really good character).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom