• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cHaotix8

Corky said:
Maybe my example wasn't that good but going from personal experience when I lose online against players in the 3500-4500pp bracket it's because :

1) I played terribly and sucked
2) they were simply better than me

Rarely did I ever feel like I lost to players who won just because of their characters. Then again this is Super and we're speculating about the online portion of AE. I guess we'll see in a couple of weeks if nothing else.

My gut feeling tells me that e.ryu/oni will outnumber yun/yang by a factor of atleast 150 million on xbl.

To be fair, you DO play balrog who isn't susceptible to a lot of bs, though there isn't much to begin with in Super anyway.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
cHaotix8 said:
To be fair, you DO play balrog who isn't susceptible to a lot of bs, though there isn't much to begin with in Super anyway.

True he does belong in the higher end of the tier spectrum, while on the topic of balance and stuff how come ( from the little I know ) mvc3 is getting regular balance changes via patches but for some reason this seems like an impossibility on SSF/AE?

cHaotix8

Corky said:
True he does belong in the higher end of the tier spectrum, while on the topic of balance and stuff how come ( from the little I know ) mvc3 is getting regular balance changes via patches but for some reason this seems like an impossibility on SSF/AE?

I'm still holding hope that Capcom is just bsing us and there will be a final patch in the future. Dudley, Thawk and Hakan still aren't good characters.

rivals said:
Seth confirmed at the NYC Spring Fighter thing that the version that's in arcades right now is exactly what we'll see on consoles.

Then my fear is they've moved onto newer titles like MVC3 and SFXTekken if they can't devote development time to patch a character that is just a tad bit strong while all of the other characters were "balanced" and made worse.

I like MK9 but MVC3 or TT2 aren't really my style, so SSFIV AE is going to be the main fighter I play until maybe KOF XIII or TS Online are released, so I hope they reconsider.

rivals

I think Ono has said a few times that this is the way he wanted it too. He said something along the lines of 'people get bored of balanced games' and that he intended for it to be this unbalanced. I still don't know what I'm doing as far as my main. I've played AE in the arcade a fair amount but almost no one here plays Yun and even fewer play Yang (I've played maybe two or three Yuns and no Yangs). For the time being I've been sticking with Rufus, but I'll probably branch out a bit once it drops for consoles.

EDIT: I'm really hoping they don't devote everything to SFxT. It looks fun and I'm sure I'll play it but it doesn't really satisfy what I'm looking for when I play SF. I know a few people have said they think that SFxT and future iterations will take over the place that SF4 has now, I'm just hoping that's not the case.

I'm sure there will be an SF 5, but we're just going to take a few side trips along the way (Darkstalkers, MVC, CVS, etc).

Street Fighter seems to be their most successful fighting-game franchise, with the most recognized characters, player nostalgia and sales.

cackhyena

I'm wondering what Capcom comes up with next if they don't keep Focus Attacks in. I feel like it would be so weird and a step backwards without them in some form, now.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
cackhyena said:

Oh hell naw, I don't want no team-based fighter taking over my SF. To me MvC, CvS, SxT and their like will always be spinoffs from the mainline SF series.

SF5 in 16months from now or I'mma fuck shit up, no magazine rack will be spared.

Spiderjericho said:
It'll be interesting. I hope they do. It wouldn't make any sense to maintain such a draconian attitude in light of MVC3 and MK 9.

And if you watch the Atlanta Red (Fei Long) vs. DBJ (Sakura) match from yesterday.

DBJ was hustling playing hard, doing advanced Sakura strategies and combos. Atlanta Red was doing pretty much run of the mill Fei Long strategies and relying on the character's strengths (which after Mago it's apparent he's a really good character).
Nope. R3dd is actually a really talented player. Dude is a legend in Tekken, and takes MvC3 and MK9 tournies on the regular.

http://www.justin.tv/digtalcrachead/b/286392111
GF start at 27 minute mark. I have other streamed matches on there if you look through it.

cackhyena said:
I'm wondering what Capcom comes up with next if they don't keep Focus Attacks in. I feel like it would be so weird and a step backwards without them in some form, now.

Universal Cancels! MK+MP to cancel a move or parry, costs meter ^_^

Corky said:
Rarely did I ever feel like I lost to players who won just because of their characters. Then again this is Super and we're speculating about the online portion of AE. I guess we'll see in a couple of weeks if nothing else.

My gut feeling tells me that e.ryu/oni will outnumber yun/yang by a factor of atleast 150 million on xbl.

I guess it depends on the character we use too. My character just gets bullied easily sometimes (but I don't play this game that much anymore and I'm pretty free and I forgot most of my matchup knowledge).

You might be right about e.ryu/oni....most scrubs online like chucking fireballs and running away. They usually suck at rushdown that doesn't involve mashing.

kirblar

cHaotix8 said:
I'm still holding hope that Capcom is just bsing us and there will be a final patch in the future. Dudley, Thawk and Hakan still aren't good characters.
I suspect we'll get a final patch at some point down the line after Evo. They've said they worked on one, but decided against releasing it alongside the DLC.

kirblar

h3ro said:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-04-12-arcade-edition-ends-street-fighter-iv

The problem is that the "Will not update further" is not a direct quote from Seth, its impossible to tell if that was their inference, or if Seth was more explicit. He certainly leaves more wiggle room in his statement than the author of the article gives him.

edit: I can't find the interview where I read it, it was mentioned in one of the initial ones when the announcement was made. :(

cHaotix8 said:
hEokn.png

cHaotix8

Does Thawk have a practical way to combo into a knockdown yet from his good normals? Its hard to get a real offense going without that, even with good pokes and spd range.

They gave dudley ex duck but that's more masking the problem than addressing the real issue. There's only two ways to properly get an offense going in this game. Footsies, like balrog, ryu, gief; and those who bypass that, cammy, viper, rufus etc. Dudley has neither. He can't really whiff punish low normals, nor does he have a safe way to get in outside of f. Fierce, which is focus bait and if it whiffs you get punished hard. If they gave him a faster sweep with more range he would be a much better character overall. But whatevs.

cHaotix8 said:
Does Thawk have a practical way to combo into a knockdown yet from his good normals? Its hard to get a real offense going without that, even with good pokes and spd range.
From my experience, tick throws are his best bet outside of punishing backdashes with his sweep. It sucks, but I'm working with what I got.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
cHaotix8 said:
He has EX Spire, but only from his close normals. At far range only his lights cancel and spire takes too long to hit to combo.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I don't think Capcom is going to do any more updates this year if any. They seem to have that get it out and over with mentality lately. I'm pretty sure if Ono had the final say it would be different but the higher ups think differently.

Anyways, some highlights from last night. Vex being the streak killer of the night. Everybody's game seems to be off overall.

Vs Jlai.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/286453491

Vs Eva.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/286453344

Shoutouts to Redrapper showing up in the lobby and friending me. :)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Great games with Dizzy-4U tonight.
Dat Ibuki Vortex @__@

chriskun

any one wanna play some matches?? GT is dukeofrock, I have a 3 person lobby going. On the west coast if you are concerned with lag.

Days late I know but kouryu doesnt work unless both players have it otherwise the other person only sees and has to deal with 1 fireball. likewise if they dont have it they only see you throwing 1 fireball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom