• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
pirateben said:
Latest update from Ryan Hart's Japan trip - he talks about playing top players at Club Sega Shinjuku and describes the core difference in play style between Daigo and the others.

http://lowlandlions.com/content/Features/Ryan_in_Japan_A_challenging_night-3685.html

There's also another earlier entry I missed where Ryan talks about levelling up his Yun, playing against Shiro and how Makoto controls the match-up.

http://lowlandlions.com/content/Features/Ryan_in_Japan_Character_mastering-3669.html

Nice reads.

Joekage said:
Tell Mike we need to talk about that Grand Finals match. He was far too aggressive when he shouldn't have been and far too passive when he should have turned it up. Oh well, good shit for you guys repping ARK.

Also, you suck Maxx <3

Edit: Also, Andre aka Chaotix aka Crazy Eddie losing to rbrouge, what's going on here????

Does TostitoSalsa have to make a reappearance on XBL????
My Bison friend you sent to losers at FR (Wizzlecroff) wants to play your Cofree more.

mbmonk

Duelist said:
It helps a LOT. I find it more reliable than plinking because you never risk getting the input of the other button.

BotoxAgent said:
yeah, I pretty much double tap almost everything I do. It helps a lot.

Thank you both very much.

It sounds like it's worth putting in the time to learn. I practiced it for the first time last night and it didn't go particularly well. It was harder for me to execute than I thought it was going to be. I was doing it too fast and only getting the one input instead of two. So I am going to have to slow it down when I practice it tonight. Thanks again.

jlai

mbmonk said:
Thank you both very much.

It sounds like it's worth putting in the time to learn. I practiced it for the first time last night and it didn't go particularly well. It was harder for me to execute than I thought it was going to be. I was doing it too fast and only getting the one input instead of two. So I am going to have to slow it down when I practice it tonight. Thanks again.

I personally prefer plinking. Easier for me.

mbmonk

jlai said:

I do plan on learning Plinking at some point too. I heard Plinking is better for 1 frame links and double tapping is better for 2 or more frame links. Also you can use double tapping for special moves etc.

So it seems like for me personally double tapping is more useful because of it's wider application. So I am hoping the time spent learning double tapping will pay off in a big reward for my game. But of course I could just be completely ignorant about Plinking and it's variety of uses.

But both are valuable tools it seems.

Axis

mbmonk said:
I do plan on learning Plinking at some point too. I heard Plinking is better for 1 frame links and double tapping is better for 2 or more frame links. Also you can use double tapping for special moves etc.

So it seems like for me personally double tapping is more useful because of it's wider application. So I am hoping the time spent learning double tapping will pay off in a big reward for my game. But of course I could just be completely ignorant about Plinking and it's variety of uses.

But both are valuable tools it seems.

plinking is necessary IMO

mbmonk

God's Beard said:
Turns 1 frame combos into easy mode jokes. I drop less combos in SF4 than Marvel because of plinking and double tapping.

That is consistent with what I have heard about Plinking, but I am a very low level player. I will worry about 1 frame links when I get to them. I can barely handle the simple combos. Basically the link timings are killing me. I am hoping that double tapping will make it slightly easier.

Axis

mbmonk said:
Would you mind elaborating?

1 frame link? turns it into a 2 frame window

2 frame? turns it into a 3 frame window

basically just increases the consistency on your harder links 10fold. for something that's so braindead easy to learn it's definitely worth learning over double tap(unless you play chun or honda or branka or some shit)

mbmonk

Axis said:
1 frame link? turns it into a 2 frame window

2 frame? turns it into a 3 frame window

basically just increases the consistency on your harder links 10fold. for something that's so braindead easy to learn it's definitely worth learning over double tap(unless you play chun or honda or branka or some shit)

Thank you. I will keep that in mind.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Anyone want to fool around in a lobby ? Gonna log on in like 10 minutes or so.

Xbl gamertag : corcy100

Hit me up. Do eet

jlai said:

For me it all depends on the combo or moveset and the character. But i try to incorporate as much double tapping as possible only because it's a tool that is helpful in other fighting games, whereas plinking is not.

Yo Xeno! I like MvC3, but online is definitely too ass for me to keep playing it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Sorry about not being around guys. I was knocked out. Literally.

After Deuce left, I was on the phone and next thing you know I was asleep. Shoutouts to Nyquil.

Yeah. Stream usually freezes after a while I'm gone. Sometimes it starts itself back up but not likely. I'm trying to find a way for it not to so I don't have to be around and still have the stream running all day.

I see things were very lively last night. :) Missed all the fun.

cackhyena

Kadey, if you upload any specific fights from last night, would you mind doing the one where I got blown up by that Guile? Odd request, I know. If not, that's cool.

Corky

Kadey said:
Sorry about not being around guys. I was knocked out. Literally.

After Deuce left, I was on the phone and next thing you know I was asleep. Shoutouts to Nyquil.

Yeah. Stream usually freezes after a while I'm gone. Sometimes it starts itself back up but not likely. I'm trying to find a way for it not to so I don't have to be around and still have the stream running all day.

I see things were very lively last night. :) Missed all the fun.

Hey, when are ya going to fire up an xbl lobby :3?

Corky

Rocky_Balboa said:
There was one, but you ran away!

Both of our Rog mirrors had amazing endings (cos I won) :)

haha hey man, just before you sent the re-invite my friend invited me to a full lobby basically, <3<3<3

Yeah man both games were awesome, if you don't mind me say our matches are seriously exciting, I find our matches to be either :

a) one sided, one of us perfects or så gott som perfects the other
or
b) the 3rd and final round comes down to a pixel of health :D

Rather even matches in general, I'll concede and say your rog being better than mine simply because you are more patient than me, but I've been workingon that and I've realized that when I "out-patience" you you do stupid mistakes like I do :I

Are you up for a FT10 soonish ( i.e maybe in a day or so ? )

Again GGs, also was that Norwegian your mate? He was pretty kewl.

kirblar

Is there a SSFIV GAF chatroom on PSN? Playing SSFIV more online because it's a lot less frustrating than marvel. (Prefer marvel IRL, though.)

Threi

notag
If you are uploading vids can i request me vs guile disaster?

I know i lost but i think i put up a fairly good fight in that one.

paul187

Axis said:
x-factor, wolverine, phoenix, wesker, herp derp tatsu spam, zero jump c...etc...etc...etc

x-factor times 10000000000000000000 tho

Sounds like you need to step your game up. Both SFIV and MVC3 have equal amounts of bullshit in it. To say either one is pure shit just screams of salty tears.

Axis

paul187 said:
Sounds like you need to step your game up. Both SFIV and MVC3 have equal amounts of bullshit in it. To say either one is pure shit just screams of salty tears.

lol ask anyone i've played in mvc3 after my initial learning period(mostly jdub)...i was FAR from bad at the game...the game just has TOO much bullshit. ssf4 has nowhere near the amount of bullshit marvel does. but if you wanna talk like that...come see me in ssf4 :)

i'd say the offer extends to marvel but i don't own the game anymore.

kirblar said:
Is there a SSFIV GAF chatroom on PSN? Playing SSFIV more online because it's a lot less frustrating than marvel. (Prefer marvel IRL, though.)
There sure is. Have someone from PSN GAF add you. I'd do it myself, but I'm not online right now nor do I plan to for a little while today.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Anyone up for some matches? I am bored and want to get out of the local comfort zone. Coconuts are filled all the way up so there shouldn't be lag.

SmokeMaxX said:
http://www.justin.tv/rawkusx/videos
Archived footage from a Mississippi tournament recently with some high quality players all around including Jakob002 (one of the best Bisons in the country; had the SRKLive win strike record until WolfKrone just beat it this past weekend), ARK XI (aka Arkansas Mike; one of the best players in the South and after Grand Finals, Jakob002 proclaimed him the best Ryu in the US), PJS Ace Kombat, Raekwon (OG MvC2 player; godlike in other games as well), and Toi504 (recently won the UCC Texas Major).

Most of the Finals/Grand Finals for MK9/MvC3/SSF4 should be in the top two links here: http://www.justin.tv/rawkusx/b/286385515 and here: http://www.justin.tv/rawkusx/b/286398833

You guys should follow the channel. RawkusX with Interrupted Gaming! is becoming one of the premiere streamers in the South. He did ARK III and will do ARK IV as well as a local Arkansas tournament we're having this Saturday (feel free to tune in ;) ).

Can you give us some time stamps? That's, like 4 hours of footage in there.

zlatko

Banned
AE is just around the corner and I'm excited. Will there be a new thread or will this one just get renamed when AE hits?

Has there been any official word yet on what the online will be like for the PC version? I would hold out to get the PC version if the online component will be significantly better for connectivity compared to 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom