• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Any more Daigo news? What's his BP? Any videos? What's his haircut looking like now? I haven't liked his haircut recently, but I thought maybe after deciding to main Yun he might have thought to grow it out again, or do something even more drastic. I feel like his shaggy hair goes way better with his personality. Also, I feel like his dress has gone down too. Maybe he is depressed? I think when he looks cooler and is paying more attention to his appearance is when he plays the best. Anyone else noticed this?

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
God's Beard said:
Apparently the EX version has startup invincibility, the roll kick goes under fireballs without meter(might only be high fireballs like tiger shots), and the palm straight up fucks zoning characters' shit. I don't know if EX upkicks have invincibility or anything, though.

So Yang in a nutshell:

• Stupid good anti-zoning game- dash, roll, dive kicks, palm, focus
  • Great ground pressure- dash, fake palm, rekkas, overhead, super
  • Comboable, tracking anti-air Ultra
  • Nasty ambiguous dive kicks
  • Akuma-level health

Starting to seem like a broken character to me... another sagat yawn. Definitely wont touch him... I hope they haven't crippled fireball characters, not that I use them, but really rather have people playing online, if they nerf ryu and ken a lot of scrubs wont buy it. Hey I love beating up scrubs sue me ;p.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Oichi said:
It's an actual fake. LP gives you the feint, and MP and HP gives you the real attack

duuuuuuummmmbbbbbbb
AWESOME SINCE I'M PLAYING AS YUN, NOW THAT DAIGO MADE THE CHANGE.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Sp00ky is the man. It's nice to see love for the little people too. None of that elitist attitude. Nowhere to go but up.

And top 8 was really interesting for that Canadian tournament. Art being Art. :lol
Snafoo looks like he got better since I've last seen him. But that Cammy matchup. Good to see different people getting far and doing good. That Eric guy seems to play multiple characters and really well.

Satyamdas

Banned
Wow, Gief's LP SPD range is ridiculous now. Check this shit out, plenty of WTF moments when Sim gets like teleported into Gief's clutch. Dude @ 1:14 cracks me up with his reaction to it.

SSF4 Arcade Edition Vindk8 (DH) vs Afterdeath (ZA)

In this match vs. Yang you can see that Sim's b+lk is unchanged and his st.lk just has a frame or two more recovery on it. I was worried it was going to startup slower, which would have been much worse than having a bit more recovery.

SSF4 Arcade Edition Vindk8 (DH) vs ?? (YA)

Credit to vindk8 @ SRK. Dude is an awesome Sim player.

Derp I'm free, thx rocK!

rocK`

Banned
Satyamdas said:
Wow, Gief's LP SPD range is ridiculous now. Check this shit out, plenty of WTF moments when Sim gets like teleported into Gief's clutch. Dude @ 1:14 cracks me up with his reaction to it.

In this match vs. Yang you can see that Sim's b+lk is unchanged and his st.lk just has a frame or two more recovery on it. I was worried it was going to startup slower, which would have been much worse than having a bit more recovery.

you linked the same vid twice, the gief one is wrong.

hitsugi

_dementia said:
So much hype in that video :lol
Wow you weren't kidding about the hype lol.

Max: I think learning to space his dive kicks efficiently is one of the biggest things, because you basically have to nail the right angle every time for any kind of successful combo, etc. It's not Rufus but I was doing okay with it.

Daigo most likely has his basic geneijin timing down as well, and not missing those opportunities makes all the difference man.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
LeMaximilian said:
Exclusive footage of my Yun getting exposed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5URi4whDRY

He's a ton of fun to use, but the dive kicks are nowhere near as dirty as Rufus. Takes awhile to get used too. He's also not completely easy-mode either. There's clearly some shit that Daigo has figured out that we have no idea what the fuck.
Dont worry, brotherly vengeance ahead!!!!

Yang Exposing Ibuki!!!

pirateben said:
Not sure if this is the match from the stream everyone was talking about earlier, but nonetheless it's GDLK play from VRyu. Damn.

yep, thats the vid

Threi

notag
huh...the first thing i noticed is they changed ibuki's backdash animation...its now a proper afterimage :lol

*edit*

actually it may just be the ghosting effect of the monitor...which would probably explain the lag complaints...

Man, Gamerbee had to counterpick Honda with Akuma. With all that neutral jump fierce, Adon has a serious problem getting in on Honda (and he has to worry about the chip 100 hand).

Luffy vs. Yamazaki is going on right now.

hitsugi

Spiderjericho said:
Man, Gamerbee had to counterpick Honda with Akuma. With all that neutral jump fierce, Adon has a serious problem getting in on Honda (and he has to worry about the chip 100 hand).

Luffy vs. Yamazaki is going on right now.

A lot of people have issues with neutral jump fierce.. largely caused by impatience, but Honda is definitely a bad match for Adon

There was a guy on SRK talking about being able to do the close MK launcher SJC with Yang, and if they blocked, being able to turn around in mid air with the dive kick from the other side(he said hold down back immediately after SJC and then kick), but I don't know if he was talking about 3s.

anotheriori said:

Holy fuck, Yun is God. Invincible reversal and palm beats everything.

Dartastic

haunts said:
holy shit, jsut saw a bushido impact match with vryu. he is on some other shit with makoto.
Where are the archives of these matches? Even if they're not AE that's cool; I just love watching him play.

DarkoMaledictus said:
Starting to seem like a broken character to me... another sagat yawn. Definitely wont touch him... I hope they haven't crippled fireball characters, not that I use them, but really rather have people playing online, if they nerf ryu and ken a lot of scrubs wont buy it. Hey I love beating up scrubs sue me ;p.

Well he has such low health that I don't know if he's broken, but he definitely has the tools to not be afraid of the rest of the cast. Command grab, teleport, rekkas, dive kicks, gets through fireballs for free...

Ok he might be broken. I'll still play him, though, but at this point he's looking so good it might be exclusively.

kitzkozan

Whoa,Yun is on another level. :lol So much mobility,damage,crazy combos and the best super in the game easily.

Easily top tier,if not god tier. :p Only thing that could hold him back is the low health (think both him and Yang have 850 or something).

hitsugi said:
...also going to test ultra after meaty palm, toward+hp in corner.. time to read SRK thread and see how busy people have been with this guy :lol
Daigos bnb's:
genxa on srk said:
I was lucky enough to be at Game Safari in Tokyo on day of release.
Daigo was beasting no less with Yun.

Staple combo.
cr.mp x2, st.mp xx HK Up kicks (HUGE damage and meter gain, hits crouching opponent)

If you wanna hit confirm off lights, then.
cr.lk, cr.lp, f.st.lp, st.mp xx HK up kicks.

cr.mp x2, st.mp xx lp shoulder xx Genei Jin (I dont really remember the whole combo, but Daigo starts his GJ juggle with st.HK, lp lunge punch, hop kick x3....then something something)

EX Palm, lp Shoulder, mp Lunge.

EX Lunge, lp Lunge

MK Up kicks (as anti air), then activate GJ (dats so broken)

(In corner) Meaty HP Palm, fwd.hp, lp Lunge.

dats all he needs really hahaha...

hmm... Tokido's writeup on Yun said EX Lunge into Ultra (no specification of near wall only)

XenoRaven

So a meterless invincible fake. Awesome. I wonder if the recovery on it is good enough to punish a whiffed special or slower poke with a big combo/Ultra.

Who am I kidding? Of course it is.

Satyamdas said:

Derp I'm free, thx rocK!

Thanks for the links, Saty! Nice vids. LK doesn't look bad at all :)

I had the same wtf reactions on the 'Gief vid. That range on LP SPD looks crazy.

Slick punish on Yang's upkick at 1:03 (cr.MP, cr.MP xx EX Yoga Flame)

pirateben said:
Not sure if this is the match from the stream everyone was talking about earlier, but nonetheless it's GDLK play from VRyu. Damn.

:lol Dope vid... So hype

XenoRaven said:
So a meterless invincible fake. Awesome. I wonder if the recovery on it is good enough to punish a whiffed special or slower poke with a big combo/Ultra.

Who am I kidding? Of course it is.

It's only lower body invincible, so there aren't a ton of specials it's going to beat, and it's not super fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom