• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axis

MarkMan said:
went to super arcade last night to watch/play some AE.

I ended up playing Hyper SFII Anniversary Edition instead!

Jokes..

Genei Jin and meter build from Yun is sooooooooo ridic! Sick shit.

cammy ass tier? :(

Joekage

Yo guys, to all who didn't see the stream, here's one of my best matches from the day. My two team members lost to their first player, and I came back and reverse OCV'd their team, which was sweet since they were a favorite to win it all.

Sucks that they came back and beat us in Losers finals due to some mistakes on our part but all in all a good show. Finally showing people that Cody can be a real threat against any character.

http://www.justin.tv/monsters_arcade/b/275941745

Starts at 42:45. Also, if you go back a bit, the Dudley player is Chaotix here on GAF, and later in the match you can see FindmyFarms behind me coaching me and cheering me on aka shaking the shit out of me haha.

Joekage said:
Yo guys, to all who didn't see the stream, here's one of my best matches from the day. My two team members lost to their first player, and I came back and reverse OCV'd their team, which was sweet since they were a favorite to win it all.

Sucks that they came back and beat us in Losers finals due to some mistakes on our part but all in all a good show. Finally showing people that Cody can be a real threat against any character.

Starts at 42:45. Also, if you go back a bit, the Dudley player is Chaotix here on GAF, and later in the match you can see FindmyFarms behind me coaching me and cheering me on aka shaking the shit out of me haha.
You're a disgrace. How could you lose to that sim when Saty put you through boot camp! D=

Axis

Joekage said:

psh you beasted that team the first time around...i didn't expect you to lose to that sim.

their cammy player was ok tho...saw you beast him so i didn't feel so bad ;o

Joekage

Yeah, I let Saty down :(. The first Sim I lost to was Sinister-X though. Dude is just too good. The Sim I lost to in Losers Finals.. ugh. Don't even remind me. I missed my ultra in the first round.. and just got way too impatient.

Saty gotta put me to work to make sure I'm on point next time.

Also, during the next match, I gave a shoutout to GAF. <3 you guys

<# dat waffle love for vex

Satyamdas

Banned
Joekage said:
Yeah, I let Saty down :(. The first Sim I lost to was Sinister-X though. Dude is just too good. The Sim I lost to in Losers Finals.. ugh. Don't even remind me. I missed my ultra in the first round.. and just got way too impatient.

Saty gotta put me to work to make sure I'm on point next time.
I just want to know why when I play you, you never ever nerrrrver drop combos. EVER!! Goddamn combo machine is what you are! But against this guy it was like "Nah, I don't need dat Cody pressure or combos to beat him." -_-

Good shit though, Joe. You'll get em next time.

Joekage

Satyamdas said:
I just want to know why when I play you, you never ever nerrrrver drop combos. EVER!! Goddamn combo machine is what you are! But against this guy it was like "Nah, I don't need dat Cody pressure or combos to beat him." -_-

Good shit though, Joe. You'll get em next time.

Thanks man, I'll do you proud. And yeah, I think I got too concerned with getting in, that I took way too many risks and got put in a bad situation early so it messed up my gameplan. But don't worry, between you and Sin -X, I will master that matchup....hopefully lol

Morris

Disco Devil
I couldn't sleep last night so I was playing endless street fighters at 4am, and I beasted on a 14k bp honda with ol' dudders.

Greatest feeling ever.

MIMIC

Banned
Was playing a match where Akuma did his Ultra off screen while I (Fuerte) was in the middle of my Ultra animation. :lol

Maybe the game couldn't decide who activated it first.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So I guess we have to start getting use to seeing Yun and Yang. It's going to be fun using them online.

I still think Capcom is going to come out with another revision. Get situated with what's current but don't expect any goodness or bad things to stick.

Shoutouts to them Giants. :lol

Rocwell

Joekage said:

Good stuff Joe, you yellow bar'd that Cammy twice.

Joekage
Sonned somebody up

Mœbius

Spiderjericho said:
And Gamerbee runs through another continent. First, America, then Australia, now Europe.

I wonder how the Adon changes (mainly the wake up frames) will affect him. Does Taiwan have a good arcade scene?
In terms of fighting games... No; it is literally non-existent, especially here in Taipei where the bulk of the fighting community is based.

The odd and frustrating thing is there are many arcades here, and lots of people are usually in the arcade; in terms of the demographics it's similar to Japan - with a good mix of people of all ages - but there just seem to be no current fighting game cabinets available for some reason (cost is cited as a major reason).

The most popular arcades like Tom's World in Ximen have the latest Tekken (only two last time I checked) and a hacked PC-based Vanilla SF4 cab...yeah. That aside they all carry old KOF games, Capcom vs SNK, and even the odd broken down old VF3 cab, none of which people really play on. No SF at all.

h3ro

marn's twitter said:
Yun is really good, but after playing him a lot today and winning a lot... He isn't as classy as Dudley :D

Nice. :D

His duds is so entertaining to watch. His mirror match against Liquidsrk (right?) was one of my favorite stream moments of the year. :lol

h3ro

Thanks for the correction guys, the only guy who I could remember that usually plays Dudley besides Marn was liquidsrk.

hitsugi said:
still baffled by the lack of daigo vids.. or vids from japan in general.

also from the blog:

tokido said:
Dive kick(crouching hit)>CMP>CMP>CMP>SMP>EX Upkicks >H Lunge Punch &#12541;&#65288;´&#1044;&#65344;&#65307;&#8801;&#65307;´&#1044;&#65344;&#65289;&#12494;
bolded for wat

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Watching the direct feed footage IPW pointed out...wtf the announcer says "Ahh-don" now instead of "Eeeeh-don"? How many times are they gonna change the pronunciation of names?

When he says "Yun wins" it sounds kinda spliced together like it's not the same guy saying "Yun." You'd think when they had that guy do his voice recording, they would've recorded a bunch of names that weren't in SSF4 just incase. Maybe just my imagination though.

Lost Fragment said:
Watching the direct feed footage IPW pointed out...wtf the announcer says "Ahh-don" now instead of "Eeeeh-don"? How many times are they gonna change the pronunciation of names?

When he says "Yun wins" it sounds kinda spliced together like it's not the same guy saying "Yun." You'd think when they had that guy do his voice recording, they would've recorded a bunch of names that weren't in SSF4 just incase. Maybe just my imagination though.
Yeah I mentioned that earlier. I think they're going for "correct" pronunciations in AE.

Lost Fragment said:

This isn't strawberry unique. Chocolate in Japanese always had different pronunciations than chocolate english. It has "ah bell" and "choon li" like in vanilla. Different recordings for different regions.

Joekage said:

Props, Joe. GJ on that reverse OCV. Your Cody's fun as hell to watch

Joekage said:

I'm crediting your lag battles against me and vex for you blowing up Madoc :D

Good shit, those were some nasty perfects.

Joekage said:

From someone who wanted to main Cody at one point, wow.

Just awesome. There was some stuff in there I didn't know could happen.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Joekage said:

best cody

that cfp ch into ex rocks into ultra is easily one of my favorite combos in the game.

CPS2

Hey guys no doubt a lot of you would've seen some AE videos from Sydney, we got it just in time for our S3 tournament, it was a very awesome weekend.

Me and some combomakers had been putting together a video for this event, it's online now and you can check it out at combovid.com (or youtube :D ).

I'm posting it here because you guys are most likely to be the ones interested in it, and it has a SSF4 theme. I did keep the theme a bit loose though and allowed some Charlie and Haggar combos because those characters are awesome, and they're sort of in the game (in the animated sequences, backgrounds and alt costumes etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom